Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Terry retires from England

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Terry retires from England Page: <<   < prev  181 182 [183] 184 185   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Terry retires from England - 8/10/2012 11:52:15 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saltire

Pity they couldn't ban him forever from football...

Agreed, Suarez is an odious little twat.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

So, another set of internationals. San Marino on Friday, followed by Poland next Tuesday.

Unfortunately these are set to be overshadowed by Cole-gate (The Tweeter and supporter of dubious defences, rather than the toothpaste).

He should be charged by the FA and dropped immediately for both games, and I'd hold off his 100 cap for quite a while.
Certainly until he apologies in person (not through his lawyer) for making a total cock of himself with his tweet.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 8/10/2012 11:55:31 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5461
RE: Terry retires from England - 11/10/2012 2:10:04 PM   
Professor Moriarty

So, Rooney to captain on Friday.

I tend to take the view that he's under performed for his country (whether through injury or lack of fitness or something else) over the years, rather than playing for Utd and having Valencia ping crosses onto his bonce makes him look better than he is. So with that in mind I think its a good appointment.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 5462
RE: Terry retires from England - 12/10/2012 12:55:10 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

So, another set of internationals. San Marino on Friday, followed by Poland next Tuesday.

Unfortunately these are set to be overshadowed by Cole-gate (The Tweeter and supporter of dubious defences, rather than the toothpaste).

He should be charged by the FA and dropped immediately for both games, and I'd hold off his 100 cap for quite a while.
Certainly until he apologies in person (not through his lawyer) for making a total cock of himself with his tweet.

He apologised, will he play tonight?

In hindsight I think the tweet was a genius move on Cole's part. It effectively took away what I would consider a more serious issue about how Cole and the suits at Chelsea finagled evidence in the JT case. Replacing it with what I think is a much softer debate about how if anyone else swore at their employer they'd be out of a job and aren't the young people with the Twitter awful, we need to bring in rules for this kind of thing.

Post #: 5463
RE: Terry retires from England - 15/10/2012 6:49:58 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

I was talking about Terry who is a despicable tit.

Post #: 5464
RE: Terry retires from England - 16/10/2012 12:03:58 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed. Suarez is a despicable tit.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 16/10/2012 12:04:14 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to Saltire)
Post #: 5465
RE: Terry retires from England - 16/10/2012 8:04:49 PM   
superdan

Complete and utter fucking joke.

Post #: 5466
RE: Terry retires from England - 16/10/2012 10:07:15 PM   
Rinc

Anyone see the end of the under-21 game? Absolutely awful reaction from the Serbs and I don't blame Rose kicking the ball into the crowd at all. The book should be thrown at the Serbs for their players' reactions, the crowd constantly throwing stuff at England players and the monkey chants. But we all know Uefa will fine them a pitance, probably less than they'll fine a player for showing a nice message underneath his shirt.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5467
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 9:21:52 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

Anyone see the end of the under-21 game? Absolutely awful reaction from the Serbs and I don't blame Rose kicking the ball into the crowd at all. The book should be thrown at the Serbs for their players' reactions, the crowd constantly throwing stuff at England players and the monkey chants. But we all know Uefa will fine them a pitance, probably less than they'll fine a player for showing a nice message underneath his shirt.

Anyone fancy a sweepstake on what action UEFA will take?

I'm going with a 5K fine, and Rose's ban to stand, plus something for us due to not controlling our players.

Someone senior from the FA should come out and state that UEFAs record on acting on racism is appalling and force the issue.
We're about as popular in world football as a shellsuit wearing octogenarian on a childrens ward, so fuck 'em let put it out there and show them up for the cowards they are.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 17/10/2012 9:25:01 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 5468
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 3:46:14 PM   
Hobbitonlass

Racism?  Don't be silly, of course there wasn't...............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19976781

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 5469
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:04:26 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Racism? Don't be silly, of course there wasn't...............

UEFA and FIFA should ban them. Just fucking ban them. They clearly have no ability or desire to stamp that kind of behaviour out, and the nerve of their FA to pretend they did nothing wrong and it's all Danny Rose's fault is breathtaking. Of course, what will probably happen is a slapped-wrist pitiful fine and some dithering from Blatter about handshakes.

Anyway, watching the England game at this time of day is weird. It feels like a tournament

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5470
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:13:38 PM   
Scott_

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Anyway, watching the England game at this time of day is weird. It feels like a tournament

The eventual disappointment won't be much of a suprise then.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5471
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:28:44 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scott_

quote:

The eventual disappointment won't be much of a suprise then.

England's passing is atrocious, it really is. Simple 5-yard balls missing their targets all the time

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 5472
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:30:30 PM   
horribleives

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Racism? Don't be silly, of course there wasn't...............

UEFA and FIFA should ban them. Just fucking ban them. They clearly have no ability or desire to stamp that kind of behaviour out, and the nerve of their FA to pretend they did nothing wrong and it's all Danny Rose's fault is breathtaking. Of course, what will probably happen is a slapped-wrist pitiful fine and some dithering from Blatter about handshakes.

From what Stuart Pearce said their coaching staff and players were a fucking disgrace too.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5473
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:34:16 PM   
directorscut

The holier-than-thou attitude and assuming of the role of moral guardians of the English media and FA is really quite irksome. How quickly dp they forget England's own dark history in this very matter, which was really not that long ago.

Also the FA were hardly applying same zero tolerance attitude they are calling for when one of their own players was found guilty of the very same.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5474
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:41:06 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The holier-than-thou attitude and assuming of the role of moral guardians of the English media and FA is really quite irksome. How quickly dp they forget England's own dark history in this very matter, which was really not that long ago.

Also the FA were hardly applying same zero tolerance attitude they are calling for when one of their own players was found guilty of the very same.

You're shit-stirring. There was no excuse for what took place last night and you fucking know it.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 5475
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 4:52:59 PM   
directorscut

I never said there was.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5476
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:07:25 PM   
superdan

quote:

I never said there was.

So why throw the strawman up? England's 'dark history' bears no relevance to what happened last night. Nor does Terry, who by the way was fined and banned.

Post #: 5477
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:14:11 PM   
Scott_

Roy has gone from 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1. If it was 2-0 then fair enough, but it's 1-0 with 30 minutes left to play with Poland piling on the pressure. It's asking for trouble...

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5478
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:18:22 PM   
superdan

quote:

Roy has gone from 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1. If it was 2-0 then fair enough, but it's 1-0 with 30 minutes left to play with Poland piling on the pressure. It's asking for trouble...

Poland deserve something from this game really.

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 5479
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:20:30 PM   
Scott_

They play good counter attacking football. It's exactly how we should be playing really.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5480
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:23:49 PM   
superdan

Rooney misses sitter, blames Welbeck

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 5481
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:25:10 PM   
Scott_

FINALLY!

Hart shouldn't have come for that.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5482
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:26:24 PM   
Frank Castle

quote:

Big mouth

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 5483
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:49:48 PM   
superdan

That's a point earned imo. England were bloody awful for large periods of that game.

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 5484
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 5:55:23 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Good result considering we were crap.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5485
Shite - 17/10/2012 6:24:35 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

Frustratingly awful performance but there were a couple of mitigating circumstances like the makeshift team and crap pitch. You know you are severely lacking in options when you have Micheal fucking Carrick in there, christ it was like playing with 10 men - I would have much rather seen someone like Shelvy on the pitch. Hodgson also made a glaring error starting Defoe, it was clear that you needed someone better on the ball like Welbeck - with the Spurs striker in there we went down to 9 men.

It was lucky for Rooney he got that goal because otherwise he was a complete liability, he must have set up half a dozen Polish attacks in the first half. I'd drop him to the bench and start Welbeck I'm sick of his consistently shite England performances.

We can't get Wilshire back quick enough, we need to desperately bring some stability to our midfield, Gerrard does play well but needs legs around him. The positives were Cleverly and Milner however I thought they were both pretty good.

Overall 5/10 performance - still should have got away with a win if not for Joe Hart's fuck up.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 5486
RE: Shite - 17/10/2012 6:56:44 PM   
Olaf

Wilshere played 90 minutes today so he'll be back soon. Just imagine that Arsenal-tastic England team of the future with Wilshere, DA JENKS, DA OX, Gibbs, Feo, etc

I tried to groan, Help! Help! But the tone that came out was that of polite conversation.

Empire Top 100 Albums Poll 2013: CLICK HERE

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 5487
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 7:35:14 PM   
Saltire

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed. Suarez is a despicable tit.

Not as despicable as Terry though.

Post #: 5488
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 7:38:18 PM   
directorscut

quote:

quote:

I never said there was.

So why throw the strawman up? England's 'dark history' bears no relevance to what happened last night. Nor does Terry, who by the way was fined and banned.

They gave him a slap on the wrists and now they're calling on UEFA to throw the book and all associated volumes at Serbia. Hypocrisy. Practise what you preach.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 5489
RE: Terry retires from England - 17/10/2012 8:19:46 PM   
superdan

quote:

quote:

quote:

I never said there was.

They gave him a slap on the wrists and now they're calling on UEFA to throw the book and all associated volumes at Serbia. Hypocrisy. Practise what you preach.

So because Terry only got hit with a 220k fine and a 4-game suspension for calling Ferdinand a 'black cunt', the FA have no right to condemn Serbia? After a game in which players were subjected to monkey chants throughout, had missiles thrown at them, had fans run on to the pitch to attack them and had the Serbian staff and players punch, kick and headbutt the England staff and players? After which their FA rejected any notion of wrongdoing by their team or fans and instead tried to blame Danny Rose - a man who had been racially abused - by calling him 'vulgar' and 'unprofessional'?

Yeah, the FA should have just kept schtum and let it all be. Wouldn't want to be seen to be hypocrites now.

Post #: 5490
Page:   <<   < prev  181 182 [183] 184 185   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Terry retires from England Page: <<   < prev  181 182 [183] 184 185   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI