Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Out of Nothing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Out of Nothing Page: <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Out of Nothing - 8/5/2008 12:18:34 PM   
sharkboy

Sony, Samsung and LG have all just released new models of their HD-ready range of TVs.  If you're quick, you could snag one of the older (but still very good) models before stock runs out.  I was able to get a 37" Sony Bravia on Amazon last week for just over 500 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000VZ83VM).  The local Currys had a deal on a 40" LG for 499.  Shop around - now's a very good time to be in the market!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Boring Prophet)
Post #: 6091
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 2:24:59 AM   
Mozza

What has happened to us?

We set out to be like Lt. Winters, though in recent times we've ended up like Lt. Dike.  What if Easy had shown this lack of commitment? They'dve been annihilated whilst cowering behind hay bales outside of Foy, that's what.

Get your acts together.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clownfoot

I have nothing to add. Mozza rules...

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 6092
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 3:34:57 AM   
Mojo

I'm watching Timecop.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6093
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 8:49:52 PM   
Castor Troy

Mozza, get an Indy AV and then we can get this party going.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6094
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 9:06:49 PM   
Mozza

I went for Indy in his split second on vulnerability.

quote:

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 6095
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 9:15:48 PM   
Castor Troy

Nice one. I'm making my goal to get everyone who reads this thread to buy the individual releases of the Indy films. Even if you have the boxset. The packaging is so perfect - exactly how I would have designed them. If you love Indy, if you love DVDs and you love me - buy them.

I spoke to Mojo on the phone earlier. Just two friends talking. No big deal.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6096
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 9:17:24 PM   
Castor Troy

Post #: 6097
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 9:47:59 PM   
Castor Troy

Next week I'll be getting 3:10 To Yuma in the 3 for 20 but I'm not sure what other 2 to get. Here are my opitons.

Eagle Vs Shark (not seen)
This Is England (seen)
Oceans Thirteen (seen - just to complete the trilogy really)
Seraphim Falls (seen)
Departed (seen and had but my I lent it out and it's gone)

Post #: 6098
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 9:55:44 PM   
Mozza

They've put Belloq on that Raiders cover twice.

If anyone is in the Newcastle area and hasn't seen Iron Man yet, I have a window in my schedule tomorrow.

And Marcus, I'd buy The Departed again-I was seriously tempted to rebuy Independence Day in one of those sexalicious Definitive Edition boxes because my brother stole my copy.  Along with my computer monitor of brilliance which I now plan to convert into my 360 screen until I decide what kind of HD-ready TV I want.

But right now, I'm going to watch The Faculty.

< Message edited by Mozza -- 10/5/2008 9:58:55 PM >

quote:

Post #: 6099
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 10:15:26 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

But right now, I'm going to watch The Faculty.

That's probably the best thing you could've said.

"He's tweaking let him fucking tweak!!!!"

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6100
RE: Out of Nothing - 10/5/2008 10:36:20 PM   
Boring Prophet

Bugger, I won't be able to go to Indy on opening night if that's when my friends are going because I'll be seeing the Boss at the same time. So that means I gotta go during the day or find people to go with on the 23rd. It just won't be the same though.

Right now though, I'm gonna watch Peep Show and then play GTA IV on my new Samsung telly. Pics soon.

Post #: 6101
RE: Out of Nothing - 11/5/2008 12:23:52 AM   
tommyjarvis

I don't even have the Indy trilogy on DVD. Shame on me. But I'm gonna watch Temple of Doom tomorrow night and follow it up with The Empire Strikes Back, to complement my Raiders/Star Wars double bill last Sunday.

[if there is one] Can I remind all OON-ers to vote in the Top 100 Albums poll please? Link to it is in my sig. A couple of high-placed votes and Embrace may even sneak in.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

Post #: 6102
RE: Out of Nothing - 11/5/2008 10:53:43 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Bugger, I won't be able to go to Indy on opening night if that's when my friends are going because I'll be seeing the Boss at the same time. So that means I gotta go during the day or find people to go with on the 23rd. It just won't be the same though.

Right now though, I'm gonna watch Peep Show and then play GTA IV on my new Samsung telly. Pics soon.

I share your pain. I'm seeing it with the family and their other 'commitments' mean I can't see it until Saturday!!! I've got to wait 2 days while everyone else sees it. It's going to be torture.

I'll look forward to the pics. What size TV?

quote:

I don't even have the Indy trilogy on DVD. Shame on me. But I'm gonna watch Temple of Doom tomorrow night and follow it up with The Empire Strikes Back, to complement my Raiders/Star Wars double bill last Sunday.

That sounds sweet. An inventive way to enjoy two amazing trilogies. I was really looking forward to watching all the Indys on TV every week but Temple clashes with Bear Grylls unfortunately. I'm gonna have to go with Bear.

Post #: 6103
RE: Out of Nothing - 11/5/2008 12:27:32 PM   
juanvasquez

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

I share your pain. I'm seeing it with the family and their other 'commitments' mean I can't see it until Saturday!!! I've got to wait 2 days while everyone else sees it. It's going to be torture.

I'll look forward to the pics. What size TV?

You think 2 days is torture, try waiting a week. I have no money whatsoever until pay day on the last friday of this month.

It's such a great feeling getting a new TV. I was well chuffed when I got mine. Couldn't play Xbox on anything else now.

quote:

quote:

That sounds sweet. An inventive way to enjoy two amazing trilogies. I was really looking forward to watching all the Indys on TV every week but Temple clashes with Bear Grylls unfortunately. I'm gonna have to go with Bear.

That is a cool idea. I'll only be watching the first hour of temple as unfortunatly it clashes with lost. 

Check out my cult games reviews and features at Horror Cult Films

Post #: 6104
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 3:51:41 PM   
Boring Prophet

Right, I've been  watching the Indy trilogy over the past few days and I've come to realise: It's been too fucking long.

I don't think I had actually seen them in full since I was a child, probably over 10 years ago. In Raiders, the Nepalese bar shoot-out seemed completely new to me, as did the Shanghai club scene in Temple. There was too much of Last Crusade that I'd become unfamiliar with. I'm almost ashamed. But at least I got to see Indy for the first time (sort of...) again.

(in reply to juanvasquez)
Post #: 6105
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 5:36:01 PM   
Mozza

On a related note, who else is buying the Lego Indiana Jones when it is released?

quote:

Post #: 6106
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 5:47:28 PM   
Castor Troy

Me, definately.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6107
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 5:52:15 PM   
Mozza

I'm gonna get it once I've finished finals.  I'll also be seeing Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull the day I finish too.  It's gonna be sweeeeet.

I'm still to see Iron Man, hopefull after my exam next monday I can get to see it.

quote:

Post #: 6108
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 6:14:23 PM   
Castor Troy

I can't believe I've got to wait til the saturday to see Indy. It's gonna do my head in reading everyones thoughts on here.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6109
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 6:15:20 PM   
Mozza

I won't be seeing it until the 29th.

quote:

Post #: 6110
RE: Out of Nothing - 14/5/2008 6:35:21 PM   
Castor Troy

Jesus.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6111
RE: Out of Nothing - 15/5/2008 12:01:47 AM   
Boring Prophet

When's Lego Indy out? I'll get it. Can you do online co-op?

Post #: 6112
RE: Out of Nothing - 17/5/2008 11:59:55 PM   
G.O.B

i'm watching Commando.it's cheesy brilliance amazes me .

< Message edited by G.O.B -- 18/5/2008 12:02:37 AM >

Member of COBW

All I can do is be me, whoever that is. - Bob Dylan

Last Film Watched: Duck Soup (McCarey,1933)****

Post #: 6113
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:02:41 AM   
Mozza

quote:

When's Lego Indy out? I'll get it. Can you do online co-op?

I hope so.  But I pity the fool who has to be Willie in the Temple of Doom levels.

I call Short Round!

quote:

Post #: 6114
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:04:19 AM   
Mojo

I pretty much call Indy right here, right now.

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6115
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:09:07 AM   
G.O.B

i really have to watch the indy trilogy again,i don't think that i've watched them in 3 or 4 years.

Member of COBW

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6116
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:13:47 AM   
Larry of Arabia

I think I've seen Temple Of Doom three times in the past month just from showings on the BBC.

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 6117
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:14:10 AM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Guess Troy's Willie, then.

quote:

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6118
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:16:12 AM   
G.O.B

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Guess Troy's Willie, then.

Poor bastard. 

Member of COBW

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 6119
RE: Out of Nothing - 18/5/2008 12:18:15 AM   
Mozza

Could be worse.  He could be that div guide from the beginning of Raiders.

quote:

(in reply to G.O.B)
Post #: 6120
Page:   <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: Out of Nothing Page: <<   < prev  202 203 [204] 205 206   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI