Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Out Of Nothing

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> Out Of Nothing Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:03:45 PM   
Castor Troy

Discuss anything you want in here. There is no topic to get off.

What pre-historic mammal/reptile/amphibian/bird/insect would you most like to ride?

Imagine riding up to battle on that.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.
Post #: 1
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:06:23 PM   
Castor Troy

I really want this poster.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 2
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:07:25 PM   
Mojo

That is an absolutely excellent question Castor, and I think I'd probably have to go for the wonderful:

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.

Post #: 3
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:08:31 PM   
Castor Troy

Would you ride on his back or on his neck/head.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 4
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:08:37 PM   
bub

Does Grimlock count?

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 5
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:08:40 PM   
Mojo

As a wee nipper I had the biggest interest in Dinosaurs in the world. I was obsessed, and all because of one man: Lord Richard Attenborough. If he hadn't created all those dinosaurs I'd probably be obsessed with something far less cool.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:10:06 PM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

Would you ride on his back or on his neck/head.

Head so we could communicate. However I would create an intricate rope and pulley system so I could easily transfer myself from the back to the head and vice versa.

Fuck ME! Somebody has actually made this out of paper!

Post #: 7
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:11:59 PM   
RockyWilcox

I'm experiencing deja vu. Seriously. Scrolling down the  page I felt I'd read the text and seen the images in that exact order before.

Oh, I have. In YOU'RE NOT ALONE!

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 8
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:12:00 PM   
Castor Troy

I've spent the last couple of days reading about them on Wikipedia.

You know that mean looking raptor we saw in JP? Well, this is what it really looks like. Seriously.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 9
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:13:00 PM   
Castor Troy

Post #: 10
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:13:53 PM   
RockyWilcox

Mods, Castor is hijacking his own thread!

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

Post #: 11
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:14:46 PM   
La Magnetique fields

You are more weird than I am. You are eccentric like I have not known. You know that I have always kind of liked eccentric people. I have a place in my heart for you.

Growing up is the hardest thing in life. Time is like a stretched elastic band. If you let go, it will flick back and take your eye out!

Post #: 12
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:14:48 PM   
Mojo

Is that the bollocks up thing I saw on Prehistoric Park? I really need to catch up on my Dino info. I did many presentations and infomation booklets on them in primary school, I'll send you a copy, my friend. There's even a quiz at the back.

Post #: 13
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:15:58 PM   
RockyWilcox

quote:

ORIGINAL: La Magnetique fields

You are more weird than I am. You are eccentric like I have not known. You know that I have always kind of liked eccentric people. I have a place in my heart for you.

I liked your youtube video.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to La Magnetique fields)
Post #: 14
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:17:30 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockyWilcox

Mods, Castor is hijacking his own thread!

I want to hi-jack him and take him on a joy ride around the valleys of an ancient world.

(in reply to RockyWilcox)
Post #: 15
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:19:16 PM   
RockyWilcox

I wonder if bestiality is a bannable offence if you admit to doing it in your private life.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

Post #: 16
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:19:28 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Is that the bollocks up thing I saw on Prehistoric Park? I really need to catch up on my Dino info. I did many presentations and infomation booklets on them in primary school, I'll send you a copy, my friend. There's even a quiz at the back.

You have no idea how much I'd like to see that.

From Wiki:

The Velociraptor depicted in the Jurassic Park films were scientifically inaccurate in numerous ways. One major discrepancy, possibly explained by the fact that Deinonychus was used as a model, is that the size of the Velociraptor in the film was much greater than their diminutive real-world counterparts. The size of the film's Velociraptor may also have been increased for dramatic reasons by director Steven Spielberg.[28] The film versions of Velociraptor were also covered in scales. No evidence of body scales has been reported for any maniraptoran dinosaur and it is more likely that they were covered in feathers, though no direct fossil evidence of integument of any kind exists for Velociraptor itself. Jurassic Park III does depict a type of feathers on its Velociraptor, quill-like structures along the back of the head and neck, although these do not resemble the down-like feathers known from real-life dromaeosaurids. Additionally, the forelimbs of the film animals did not closely resemble those of real dromaeosaurids and their tails were too short and flexible, anatomical errors which directly contradict fossil evidence. In the sequel film Jurassic Park III, one character states that Velociraptor were smarter than dolphins, whales and primates. Based on fossil evidence, this is highly unlikely, and it is more probable that, while intelligent by dinosaur standards, they were less intelligent than modern big cats.[29] In fact, the hunting style exhibited in the films was so intelligent that it would have been able to wipe out its food species extremely quickly, resulting in starvation.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 17
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:19:38 PM   
Mojo

The Brachiasaur was always my favourite. That Brontosaurus bastard can fuck off. Twat.

Post #: 18
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:20:48 PM   
RockyWilcox

Can it fuck off though, Mojo? I'd like to have seen you in the pre-historic age telling it to fuck off.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 19
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:21:53 PM   
Castor Troy

If he was riding his 'Brach' then it could happen.

Post #: 20
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:22:19 PM   
Mojo

quote:

quote:

You have no idea how much I'd like to see that.

From Wiki:

The Velociraptor depicted in the Jurassic Park films were scientifically inaccurate in numerous ways. One major discrepancy, possibly explained by the fact that Deinonychus was used as a model, is that the size of the Velociraptor in the film was much greater than their diminutive real-world counterparts. The size of the film's Velociraptor may also have been increased for dramatic reasons by director Steven Spielberg.[28] The film versions of Velociraptor were also covered in scales. No evidence of body scales has been reported for any maniraptoran dinosaur and it is more likely that they were covered in feathers, though no direct fossil evidence of integument of any kind exists for Velociraptor itself. Jurassic Park III does depict a type of feathers on its Velociraptor, quill-like structures along the back of the head and neck, although these do not resemble the down-like feathers known from real-life dromaeosaurids. Additionally, the forelimbs of the film animals did not closely resemble those of real dromaeosaurids and their tails were too short and flexible, anatomical errors which directly contradict fossil evidence. In the sequel film Jurassic Park III, one character states that Velociraptor were smarter than dolphins, whales and primates. Based on fossil evidence, this is highly unlikely, and it is more probable that, while intelligent by dinosaur standards, they were less intelligent than modern big cats.[29] In fact, the hunting style exhibited in the films was so intelligent that it would have been able to wipe out its food species extremely quickly, resulting in starvation.

Unbelievable. I did know that the size was wrong - I read once that they swapped the size of the Raptors with the size of the Dilophosaurus for dramatic purposes, in reality that was much bigger I believe - but their lack of sufficient intelligence is shocking news.

Post #: 21
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:22:48 PM   
RockyWilcox

I disagree. I don't think he could have stayed on. He's too clumsy.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

Post #: 22
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:22:58 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

Can it fuck off though, Mojo? I'd like to have seen you in the pre-historic age telling it to fuck off.

Easy, ug og ug og fuckog offus..........

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

Post #: 23
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:24:13 PM   
Mojo

quote:

If he was riding his 'Brach' then it could happen.

Could and most probably would. My intricate rope system would allow me to swing over to the Brontosaur and suggest that it move along, if that failed my intricate rope system would allow me to perform a swinging kick attack towards the vegesaur. If that failed, my Brachiasaurus is bigger.

Post #: 24
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:24:24 PM   
RockyWilcox

Stay out of this, YFU. I don't need one of "you lot" coming in here and spoiling this dinasaurus debate. Don't do this to us. Just don't.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 25
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:24:58 PM   
Mojo

quote:

I have an intricate rope system, preventing me from coming to any harm.

Post #: 26
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:26:59 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

quote:

I have an intricate rope system, preventing me from coming to any harm.

Something like this.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 27
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:28:09 PM   
Castor Troy

Were there any omnivorous dinosaurs? If so, which ones?

Post #: 28
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:29:06 PM   
RockyWilcox

We know that your lack of rope skills would in effect come undone, causing you to fall off the vertebrate animal and be crushed.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 29
RE: Out Of Nothing - 20/8/2006 9:29:50 PM   
Mojo

Those are the basics of the design, yes, however I was forced to use bone and rock to create my intricate rope system as I didn't have the raw materials to put that design into production. Soul Patch, as my Brachiosaur has been dubbed, is comfortable with the system and has even given me ideas to improve it (I of course discarded his ideas, the design is perfect).

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> Out Of Nothing Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI