Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top tips for the new forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 18/1/2006 5:58:49 PM   
Bubba

How do I add a link to my dvd diary to my sig? 

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to loreofelves)
Post #: 121
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 31/1/2006 1:25:56 PM   
tbird

Blogs - how do you add one?  I just can't seem to figure it out!!

thanking yuo very muchly!

EDIT - Have since figured it!

< Message edited by tbird -- 31/1/2006 1:43:15 PM >

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 122
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/2/2006 11:12:50 AM   
the_edge99uk

Anyone know how or if its possible to change the default 'Font Face' for writing posts?

It's annoying having to change it everytime I make a post.

What the fucks the internet?

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 123
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/2/2006 12:27:13 PM   
Anne Hedley

I am a new member and an avid fan of Hugh Jackman.   However I have been trying to post pictures to the site and they do not work.    I have my pictures on photobucket and I copy over the link and click return where this should then become a picture  -  this is not happending can you advise please.

I would also like assistance with an avatar and a signature

Tall order - keen member but not a complete computer expert.  I am happy for the site to create the avatar and signature as long as it is Hugh Jackman oriantated but I do not understand whey the copy will not post over.  I doo have a good selection and it would be nice to shre.

Thanks    Anne the newbie

(in reply to the_edge99uk)
Post #: 124
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/2/2006 12:42:20 PM   
BigBadWolf

When you make a post are using the add image icon? it's the little yellow sqaure just above the box where you type your post.  Click on this and paste the url when prompted.

As for avatars and sigs, you need to click on My Empire in the top left hand corner, which will bring up a few tabs, click on my details and you will get the avatar and sig options.

Doesn't appear to be working at the moment though, some sort of error coming up. But's that's the place to go to!

(in reply to Anne Hedley)
Post #: 125
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/2/2006 1:24:19 PM   
Anne Hedley

BigBadWolf said

quote:

When you make a post are using the add image icon? it's the little yellow sqaure just above the box where you type your post.  Click on this and paste the url when prompted.

As for avatars and sigs, you need to click on My Empire in the top left hand corner, which will bring up a few tabs, click on my details and you will get the avatar and sig options.

Doesn't appear to be working at the moment though, some sort of error coming up. But's that's the place to go to!

Why Thank you big bad Wolf lets see what can be done with importing a picture I thought there must be something I was missing.

Well I did not get it first time around I have to block part of link out but second time around I got this one.   I just picked it at random.

For a BIGBADWOLF I BET YOU ARE A REAL PUSSY CAT.  Well you have
one very happy member on this score.  I will have a try at the avatar and signature
when it is working  -  thank you so much that particular icon did not register with mealthough it does appear when I am working on pictures I have sorted on Word when I want to be creative  

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 126
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/2/2006 11:41:18 PM   
Anne Hedley

BigBadWolf  - the avatar and sig details are still not available I will leave it a couple of day unless you find out to the contrary and let me know.   Meanwhile I will practice again with a couple of pics to see if I can remember what I am doing. Well I have got that ok thanks to you now I just need the othersite to open up and drive myself daft with that one.   But I do appreciate your help and if I get stuck [bet I do] I think I know a good Big Bad Wolf    AnneSaw the above on the stage   - great stuff and the fight scene was all too real

Post #: 127
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/2/2006 12:15:35 AM   
lulu karma

Anne, I entered a sig for you to see if it was working and it's showing up.  Let me know if it doesn't work for you later on.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

Post #: 128
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/2/2006 12:33:05 AM   
Anne Hedley

lulu karma wrote

quote:

Anne, I entered a sig for you to see if it was working and it's showing up.  Let me know if it doesn't work for you later on.

Thank you so much we shall see what happens when I post this to you.   I tried  but could not get onto the relevant part of the site.    Here goes Hun  .  No it shows some kind of error so I just dont really know you appear to certainly know more about it than I do.    Anne

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 129
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/2/2006 12:46:21 AM   
lulu karma

The error you are seeing is happening to a few people.  Perhaps because of my moderating rights I can do it for some reason.  Give it a try tomorrow and it will most likely work.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

Post #: 130
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/2/2006 12:59:21 AM   
Anne Hedley

Thank you lulu karma I will look at it tomorrow and let you know.  It is always nice to have a signature if you can get one and an avatar and cleaver moderators like yourself can perhaps 'walk' me through the motions if I wanted to change at a later date when I am more confident with the forum procedures.

My thank you is attached

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 131
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 6/2/2006 11:02:44 PM   
Anne Hedley

lulu karma wrote

quote:

titleAndStar(2184,14,19,false,"I drank a lava lamp.","")

The error you are seeing is happening to a few people.  Perhaps because of my moderating rights I can do it for some reason.  Give it a try tomorrow and it will most likely work.

Still looks like there is no joy for an avatar or signature but if you could take me through the moves and what headings I need to look for I will try again and see if I can get it on  -  if not I will throw myself on you mercy  =  hope you don't mind

Anne

Post #: 132
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 9/2/2006 7:49:13 PM   
lulu karma

OK, let's try this.  PM me what you would like your signature and av to be and I'll see if I can do it from my end.  Well, we are sure I can do the sig since I gave you the one you have now.

Post #: 133
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 9/2/2006 10:23:10 PM   
bub

I'm wondering how to put pics in my sig. Here they are:    

Do I just paste links in the sig box? Are they too big? If so how do I shrink them down to fit? Thanks in advance.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 134
BIGBADWOLF - 10/2/2006 1:37:06 AM   
Anne Hedley

Now please don't laugh Guys and dolls but 'what is a blog, what is it's function'
and would they blocked virus protectors

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 135
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 10/2/2006 2:11:10 AM   
lulu karma

bub, I have put them in your sig.  You can see how it's done if you go to your details page.

The one on the right is too large by far in file size.  I'm not sure how to make it smaller.

Just for information, to do an image in your sig you have this [img] http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8007/1943gj.gif [/img]

You remove the space I've added before http: and after .gif for it to show up as an image.

A blog is a type of online diary, Anne.  Others can add comments to it.  Each user on the site can have blogs.

(in reply to bub)
Post #: 136
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 10/2/2006 12:18:25 PM   
Anne Hedley

Hi lulu karma

I have tried to submit   [img] http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8007/1943gj.gif [/img]
under my signature but it does not work and I only have a red cross for an avatar.   I have obviously screwed up somewhere because when I have entered My Empire My Details icon has gone walk about.   Can you assist

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 137
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 10/2/2006 1:08:07 PM   
shifty_powers

I tried Lulu Karama suggestion and they worked fine for me!

As per the dancing Wookie below!

I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.

The Dude: Walter, I love you, but sooner or later, you're going to have to realize the fact that you're a god damn moron.

Post #: 138
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 10/2/2006 1:31:33 PM   
Brundlesflies

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bubba

Good point. I know how to add a link to a post and over type it e.g. My_DVD_List
but I can't seem to get this to work for my sig. I did try
[url]My DVD List[/url] but this didn't work either.

I know I'm being a complete internet spaz, but hey, I'm old!

Any help would be appreciated

EDIT: OK I worked it out - was being total spaz

< Message edited by Brundlesflies -- 12/2/2006 1:25:31 PM >

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 139
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 10/2/2006 2:00:31 PM   
bub

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

bub, I have put them in your sig.  You can see how it's done if you go to your details page.

The one on the right is too large by far in file size.  I'm not sure how to make it smaller.

Just for information, to do an image in your sig you have this [img] http://img289.imageshack.us/img289/8007/1943gj.gif [/img]

You remove the space I've added before http: and after .gif for it to show up as an image.

A blog is a type of online diary, Anne.  Others can add comments to it.  Each user on the site can have blogs.

Thanks alot Lulu your hugs and kisses are in the post

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 140
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 12/2/2006 4:45:09 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anne Hedley

I didn't know we were allowed such HUGE signatures. I thought we were only allowed approx. 500kb of signature picture material. But that is friggin' HUGE .

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

Post #: 141
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 12/2/2006 5:04:56 PM   
Anne Hedley

Hi i007_BOND_007i

Well now this is how it goes  -   I was unable to bring a signature  onto to my little piexe of the site and I asked for help from one of the expertsas the page on the net was down.    I sent him a link to work from and that is what I got. I must say I was delighted ...........

Oh thought you might like this 007  =  truce ?

(in reply to i007_Bond_007i)
Post #: 142
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 12/2/2006 8:11:28 PM   
Ell

Can somebody tell me how to add colour to my sig? Many thanks in advance.

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

Post #: 143
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 12/2/2006 9:55:01 PM   
Anne Hedley

Ell wrote

quote:

Can somebody tell me how to add colour to my sig? Many thanks in advance.

No I am not an expert on these matters yet but if you email James@empireonline.co.uk  I think you will find him extremely helpful  -  he has been great in helping me.

Anne

quote:

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/fb.asp?m=283579

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 144
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 13/2/2006 8:36:10 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anne Hedley

Hi i007_BOND_007i

Well now this is how it goes  -   I was unable to bring a signature  onto to my little piexe of the site and I asked for help from one of the expertsas the page on the net was down.    I sent him a link to work from and that is what I got. I must say I was delighted ...........

Oh thought you might like this 007  =  truce ?

Hi Anne, that's fine. It's just that was the first of those banner-style sigs that I've seen on the forum. It just looked huge. Many thanks for the Bond banner .

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

Post #: 145
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 13/2/2006 11:54:44 PM   
Anne Hedley

Hi i007_Bond_007i you wrote
quote:

Hi Anne, that's fine. It's just that was the first of those banner-style sigs that I've seen on the forum. It just looked huge. Many thanks for the Bond banner .

No problem my friend, it is not exactly the same as I submitted but I like what they have done to it.  Glad you like the Bond picture my son did that for me when I was jumping up and down hoping he would take the part of 007 but they took so long to decide who they wanted they waited too long and Hugh had so much work he declined, with respect.  I think it was probably a good choice with the variety of things he is doing at the present time.

(in reply to i007_Bond_007i)
Post #: 146
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 15/2/2006 4:09:06 PM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

Good point. I know how to add a link to a post and over type it e.g. My_DVD_List

Tell me!

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I donít condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 147
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 15/2/2006 6:34:41 PM   
doubleshiny

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brundlesflies

quote:

Tell me!

I can't get the link in the sig to work either. I'm doing [ url]http://www.mywebsitethingy.html]title here[ /url] without the spaces, obvioudly, but it doesn't work.

"Claire, that's disgusting" - Sylar, Season 3

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 148
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/2/2006 12:15:40 AM   
lulu karma

Anne, I had to remove your sig image.  We allow images in sigs that are below 5K or similar in size to the smilies we use on Empire in posts.  My own sig image is as large visually as they should be.

Sorry about that!

doubleshiny, what is the site you are trying to link to and what do you want the link to say?  I'll give it a try for you.  Send me a PM with the info.

Ell, the color in sigs is done as such: [ url=http://www.websitelink.com][ color=blue]LINK WORDING HERE[ /color][ /url]

Remove the spaces before url, color, /color and /url to make it work.  The color codes are blue, green, red, etc.

< Message edited by lulu karma -- 19/2/2006 12:25:43 AM >

(in reply to doubleshiny)
Post #: 149
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/2/2006 6:58:32 PM   
Anne Hedley

lulu karma wrote

quote:

Anne, I had to remove your sig image.  We allow images in sigs that are below 5K or similar in size to the smilies we use on Empire in posts.  My own sig image is as large visually as they should be.

Sorry about that!

I was very disappointed again to have my signature removed, the one I did and the one James did for me also.  BUT  I do understand what you are saying and notice that the subject says TIPS FOR THE NEW FORUM

You are probably much more expert than I am in this matter and I would be exceeding grateful if you could down size my sig for Midlnight-Angel so it will fit on the site without trouble.

If this cannot be done please advise

Thanks   Anne

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI