Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top tips for the new forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 30/9/2005 11:48:55 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roxanne

Okay, I'm proably being just technologically illiterate as per usual, but I have some queries:

1). Apparently we can change our profile by clicking onto My Empire, but once in there I can't see how to actually change anything. Why am I the only one who doesn't know what to do?! *sobs*

2). What are 'moderator tickets'?

3). What are 'blogs'?

Any replies appreciated (okay, that sounds rather desperate).

1. Once you are in MyEmpire you will see some tabs (MyDetails, MyBlogs, MyPreferences etc).  Click on MyDetails for the usual - avatar, sig etc

2. I asked this and got the really informative response - "tickets for moderators"

3. From Wiki:

quote:

A blog or weblog (derived from web + log) is a web-based publication consisting primarily of periodic articles (normally, but not always, in reverse chronological order).
Blogs range in scope from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs, and corporations. They range in scale from the writings of one occasional author (known as a blogger), to the collaboration of a large community of writers. Many weblogs enable visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive. The totality of weblogs or blog-related websites is often called the blogosphere. When a large amount of activity, information and opinion erupts around a particular subject or controversy in the blogosphere, it is sometimes called a blogstorm or blog swarm.

Hope that helps!

< Message edited by Hobbitonlass -- 30/9/2005 11:51:27 PM >

(in reply to Roxanne)
Post #: 31
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 30/9/2005 11:51:37 PM   
JV

I am not 100% sure what moderator tickets are either; I think it's when someone hits "notify moderator" or something like that. But I've had access to this forum for only marginally longer than you lot, and I'm still figuring everything out....

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 32
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 30/9/2005 11:53:28 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

I am not 100% sure what moderator tickets are either; I think it's when someone hits "notify moderator" or something like that. But I've had access to this forum for only marginally longer than you lot, and I'm still figuring everything out....

Thought it might be something like 3 strikes (or tickets) and you're out

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 33
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 30/9/2005 11:59:51 PM   
JV

Hey, you want strike 1?

j/k

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

Post #: 34
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 12:03:07 AM   
Roxanne

quote:

1. Once you are in MyEmpire you will see some tabs (MyDetails, MyBlogs, MyPreferences etc).  Click on MyDetails for the usual - avatar, sig etc

You know, that's so ridiculously obvious that it's embarassing. I actually went on those bits and stupidly skipped the relevant areas completely, being the twit that I am.

quote:

2. I asked this and got the really informative response - "tickets for moderators"

Ah. Another notch on my bedpost of confusion then.

quote:

3. From Wiki:

A blog or weblog (derived from web + log) is a web-based publication consisting primarily of periodic articles (normally, but not always, in reverse chronological order).
Blogs range in scope from individual diaries to arms of political campaigns, media programs, and corporations. They range in scale from the writings of one occasional author (known as a blogger), to the collaboration of a large community of writers. Many weblogs enable visitors to leave public comments, which can lead to a community of readers centered around the blog; others are non-interactive. The totality of weblogs or blog-related websites is often called the blogosphere. When a large amount of activity, information and opinion erupts around a particular subject or controversy in the blogosphere, it is sometimes called a blogstorm or blog swarm.

Why don't they just call them 'posts'? I'm failing to see the point of giving these things a different name.

Anyhoo, thanks very much or the reply Hobbitonlass *feigns thumbs-up in absence of appropriate smiley*

Post #: 35
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 12:04:20 AM   
Felix

quote:

Why don't they just call them 'posts'? I'm failing to see the point of giving these things a different name.

Because they're not posts. Think of it as a diary.

[This space for rent] -

(in reply to Roxanne)
Post #: 36
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 12:05:43 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

Hey, you want strike 1?

j/k

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 37
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 7:15:40 AM   
m_er

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

Dude, where's my car?

I'veseen this done before

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies
http://www.imdb.com/mymovies/list?l=4044070

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 38
RE: Top tips for the new forum **updated** - 1/10/2005 7:25:54 AM   
m_er

I wonder why no-one has brought this up ! The thing with page numbering. You this one "[Page: 2 45 67 ]" or this one " 

Page: [1] 1011   next >   >>

Can't we simply add the "all" like the old forums ? Ok, it may be take much longer to peruse the post but I'm not quite keen on clicking next, next. It's take hell of a time.Besides I'm a fast reader *brag*

function submitForm(){ try {updateRTE('body1'); return true;} catch(e){}; }

WHOA. I don't believe what I'm hearing. Check out the BALLS on this kid. Hey Spider, this is for you.

My movies

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 39
RE: Top tips for the new forum **updated** - 1/10/2005 10:07:01 AM   
Kiwi

When I apply changes to my details i.e interests and avatar I click on apply changes but it dosn't save it

(in reply to m_er)
Post #: 40
RE: Top tips for the new forum **updated** - 1/10/2005 10:58:35 AM   
frankie

quote:

ORIGINAL: m_er

Can't we simply add the "all" like the old forums ? Ok, it may be take much longer to peruse the post but I'm not quite keen on clicking next, next. It's take hell of a time.Besides I'm a fast reader *brag*

Seconded.

(in reply to m_er)
Post #: 41
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 5:54:16 PM   
Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Satine

Are we really only allowed 50KB avatars?!?!?

im curious about this as half the forum are above 50kb including myself as ive  been told by some jobsworth in another thread

I don't mind changing it

(in reply to Satine)
Post #: 42
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 7:00:42 PM   
crayon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juror Number 8

For the paranoid among us, is there a facility to search the messageboard for a word like there was in the last one? Just makes it easier to keep my little black grudge book up to date if I can see at a glance who's been talking about me.

Or not.

I think it's called 'search' and it's at the top of the page below the black bar.  It's the best way I've found to see who's replied to my posts so far! if there's a better way, please tell me!

< Message edited by crayon -- 1/10/2005 7:01:32 PM >

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!

(in reply to Juror Number 8)
Post #: 43
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 1/10/2005 7:31:06 PM   
Roxanne

quote:

ORIGINAL: Felix

quote:

Because they're not posts. Think of it as a diary.

sigh

*feels depressed at the prospect of never, ever getting the hang of this...what's it called? Internet. The prospect of being forever ignorant*

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 44
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 2/10/2005 10:19:58 AM   
Spider

Why can't I get into DVD Club? Is it a special area for special people?

(in reply to Roxanne)
Post #: 45
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 2/10/2005 2:32:13 PM   
RockyWilcox

I'm not sure how obvious this is, but I thought it was cool.

If you don't want to quote a whole post, just highlight the bit you want and hit reply. It will automatically put the text in quote tags in the message box.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 46
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/10/2005 4:29:34 PM   
Helo

Have noticed that graphics are appearing in one or two Sig's around here.  Is this now allowed, I know it wasn't on the old forum.  If so, what's the image file size limit?  Any info appreciated.

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."

(in reply to RockyWilcox)
Post #: 47
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/10/2005 6:16:42 PM   
vader100

Yep me too!! Is the DVD Club now a special area that only proper writers can now access, as it will be in the magazine.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 48
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/10/2005 6:22:23 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helo

Have noticed that graphics are appearing in one or two Sig's around here.  Is this now allowed, I know it wasn't on the old forum.  If so, what's the image file size limit?  Any info appreciated.

Banners and pictures are not allowed in sigs. Graemlins are, like the ickle chainsaw wielding Ash below.

Can you point me in the direction of these banner/picture wielders so I can smite them with this stick I have with poo on the end? Cheers!

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 49
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 3/10/2005 7:49:53 PM   
Aishling

Where can you get these ickle Graemlins????

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 50
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/10/2005 9:34:00 AM   
frankie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spider

Why can't I get into DVD Club? Is it a special area for special people?

No, that' can't be the reason 'cos even I can't get in.

A golden future awaits you. Just kidding.

(in reply to Spider)
Post #: 51
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 7/10/2005 2:18:30 PM   
m_er

We're giving top tips here and I hope these tips dont go down the drain. Are we wasting our breath here ? Coz I wonder where the comments are for our suggestions ? Will there be any chance at all ?

Here, I ask again : " The thing with page numbering. You know this one "[Page: 45 7 67 ]" or this one "  , Page: [1] 1011   next >   >>

Can't we simply have an "all"link like the old forums ? I'm not quite keen on clicking next, next, next etc. This takes hell lot of time. 

My movies

(in reply to frankie)
Post #: 52
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/11/2005 1:43:36 PM   
HIM

quote:

ORIGINAL: m_er

We're giving top tips here and I hope these tips dont go down the drain. Are we wasting our breath here ? Coz I wonder where the comments are for our suggestions ? Will there be any chance at all ?

Here, I ask again : " The thing with page numbering. You know this one "[Page: 45 7 67 ]" or this one "  , Page: [1] 1011   next >   >>

Can't we simply have an "all"link like the old forums ? I'm not quite keen on clicking next, next, next etc. This takes hell lot of time. 

Thirded!

(in reply to m_er)
Post #: 53
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/11/2005 4:14:23 PM   
lulu karma

This is something that James would have to answer, HIM and m_er. 

It's a bit of a mess right now trying to cover every question that's coming up.  Plus, the questions are being asked in quite a few places.  I think it might be time for a tidy up.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to HIM)
Post #: 54
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 5/11/2005 4:19:29 PM   
i007_Bond_007i

Can anyone tell me how I can change my "Ninja-in-Training" thing please. Darkcloud wasn't much help.

'An actor is at most a poet, and at least an entertainer.'

Jack Bauer refused the Godfather's offer.

'Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas - whatever.'

Post #: 55
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/11/2005 6:09:18 PM   
The Captain

under the avs it has got posts , followed by when joined and then it says from !

Wanted to know how you can get the from part up and edit it to what you want ?

" I would have followed you to the end , to the very fires of morder "

(in reply to i007_Bond_007i)
Post #: 56
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/11/2005 6:46:26 PM   
lulu karma

Under My Empire, go to My Details.  Scroll down to About You and you will see a box for Location under your birthday information.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

(in reply to The Captain)
Post #: 57
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/11/2005 6:57:32 PM   
The Captain

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

Under My Empire, go to My Details.  Scroll down to About You and you will see a box for Location under your birthday information.

once again lulu you are a star

" I would have followed you to the end , to the very fires of morder "

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 58
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 20/11/2005 8:34:24 PM   
lulu karma

I'm very shiny and bright.

Or it could mean I'm a ball of gas.

(in reply to The Captain)
Post #: 59
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 20/11/2005 8:42:30 PM   
Squall Katsuragi

I could be cheeky here but won't so all I'll say is that you are shiny and bright.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI