Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Top tips for the new forum

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 11/3/2013 2:51:24 PM   
crittycutie

Wait.. How about twitter and Facebook Integration?

(in reply to crittycutie)
Post #: 421
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 11/3/2013 2:52:26 PM   
crittycutie

And lastly, how about a formspring like environment where people could ask questions and the like?

Post #: 422
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 12/3/2013 2:46:12 PM   
crittycutie

Uhmm, looks like this site could use some social and chat integrations too!

Post #: 423
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 20/2/2014 5:21:58 AM   
Peregrine Took

Is it possible to make a slight change to the spelling of my user name? It was only after I had registered that I realised that I had made an error and spelt Peregrin with an 'e' on the end. I'd be very grateful if you would allow this - it would save me from feeling like a complete idiot.

There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is there it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened

Post #: 424
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 20/2/2014 7:00:49 AM   
elab49

I'm afraid not - user IDs are set on registration and the only alternative is to start again.

Normally the site only allows an e-mail address to be used once so if you wish to reuse one let us know if you decide to reregister - one thing we can do is slightly change the e-mail on your existing account so the system will allow you to reuse it.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Peregrine Took)
Post #: 425
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 20/2/2014 7:01:55 PM   
Peregrine Took

Not even one letter? Oh, well, it will teach me to be a whole lot more careful in future, a reminder I'll have every time I log on. Thanks anyway.

There is a theory which states that if anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is there it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. Another theory states that this has already happened

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 426
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 30/4/2014 10:56:08 PM   
doug64

Eh up mods and clever people.

I am having a spot of bother with my signature. I went to add a most excellent Tombstone quote to it but could not find the appropriate box to write in. I must have done something because now it is completely blank.

Is this due to the recent downtime or am I, as I suspect, technology impaired.

Cheers in advance.

(in reply to Peregrine Took)
Post #: 427
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 2/5/2014 10:36:45 AM   
shool

Just tested it and it works.
If you want to let me know the quote I'll put it in for you.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to doug64)
Post #: 428
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 2/5/2014 6:05:50 PM   
doug64

Bum? How old are we...

He he bum he he

I will send you a pm because the signature will contain my blog address and I don't want to get told off, again...

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 429
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 16/5/2014 1:13:10 PM   
jackcarter

how does one change ones Avatar now?

(in reply to doug64)
Post #: 430
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 4/6/2014 7:56:38 PM   
yiannis21

I'm having some problems updating my picture and signature and need technical support.

1, I cannot update my signature, because when I click on the "My Profile" link and then on the "Profile" tab, I can see where it says "Signature", but there is no field or box of any kind for me to type anything.

1A. I used to have a signature, which I set up when I first joined and which is on all previous posts up until this one, but it disappeared when I edited something entirely unrelated on my profile.

2. I cannot upload my own picture, because when I click on the "Edit Your Details" link, I can see where it says "My Avatar" and I have options to "Click to choose avatar" or "Don't display avatar", but there is no field or box of any kind for me to put a link or shortcut.

While I am certainly capable of missing something painfully obvious, I use computers on a daily basis and broadly know what I'm doing. I have tried clicking on every link, moving the mouse slowly over the screen to watch for when the icon changes, clicking in random white parts of the page and drag-selecting sections of the page to reveal hidden text/etc. I have also tested it in Chrome and IE, and with Adblock disabled. Nothing works. Can someone please offer some advice?

< Message edited by yiannis21 -- 4/6/2014 7:57:40 PM >

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 431
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 5/6/2014 10:11:38 AM   
elab49

We also have a Glitches/Bugs thread - I'm afraid if you check there you'll see avs are a major problem for many posters and although we've told Empire I'm not aware that any work has been done to fix this.

Sigs seem to be a more recent glitch - we can certainly try to add something from the Admin Panel and see if that works if you let us know what you'd like there.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to yiannis21)
Post #: 432
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 6/6/2014 8:32:33 PM   
yiannis21

Hi elab49, sorry didn't see the other thread. No probs on the Avatar, Jack will do for now.

Re the signature, I've gone back through my previous posts and Empire appears to have deleted my signature from history! Great, so now I look like a madman ranting about his non-existent signature lol. Well I definitely had one, because it was one of my favourite Douglas Adams quotes:

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"

If you can add that on the admin side that would be great

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 433
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 8/6/2014 10:31:46 PM   
shool

Hi Yiannis. sig edited in for you.
Thought I'd jump to it before Elab since she appears to be offline

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to yiannis21)
Post #: 434
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 19/6/2014 4:44:10 AM   
Larry F

Hi. Just joined but I have three queries...

1. I'm on my mobile and I need Tapatalk to post. I can't find this forum on there.

2. I can't add my avatar using the personal details page. The green light just stays on but there's ni "choose file" option to direct me to my gallery.

3. Do you not have a Welcome Forum?

All these are usually on popular forums like this.

Regards.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 435
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 7/7/2014 5:39:32 PM   
rich

1. I have no idea. I would guess it doesn't support anything new fangled.

2. No, you can't. You have a handful to choose from off the site or nothing at all.

3. Yep, it's in the Off Topic section

The popularity of this forum is questionable, but the tech support is zero and faults have been slowly growing for years.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Larry F)
Post #: 436
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 21/7/2014 1:11:03 AM   
Mister Coe

If someone wanted to (hypothetically, just saying...), how would they completely delete their Empire Online Forum account, username and all?

Say what now?

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 437
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 21/7/2014 10:53:23 AM   
elab49

They don't. They can be banned but by and large we don't ban just on request because every single time, and I mean every single time, they come back and start pestering us to unban it.

So we simply advise people who don't want to post to stop posting. And if they don't want to post again, they won't. What's left back here is irrelevant.

quote:

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 438
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 21/7/2014 10:55:59 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry F

Hi. Just joined but I have three queries...

1. I'm on my mobile and I need Tapatalk to post. I can't find this forum on there.

2. I can't add my avatar using the personal details page. The green light just stays on but there's ni "choose file" option to direct me to my gallery.

3. Do you not have a Welcome Forum?

All these are usually on popular forums like this.

Regards.

1) 'want' rather than 'need' Tapatalk I presume - Empire doesn't support android or provide an app but you can post perfectly well with the browser on your phone.

2) As Rich says, avatars aren't working and haven't been for some time. Empire have not fixed this.

3) There's a new person thread in Off Topic, although most people simply start posting. Although if you mean a headsup on rules, that can be found in a sticky thread in this sub-forum. Nothing onerous, it basically just boils down to "don't be a git"

quote:

(in reply to Larry F)
Post #: 439
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 21/7/2014 10:58:16 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: crittycutie

Uhmm, looks like this site could use some social and chat integrations too!

And the others,

But this is a film discussion site not facebook. Discussions rarely lend themselves to the kind of bite size social media you're referencing - who'd you be asking questions to?

If Empire have someone along they do provide a chat set-up to allow questions for that particular interview where users can go along and post questions and interact with the 'star' involved.

quote:

Post #: 440
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 22/7/2014 8:31:44 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

They don't. They can be banned but by and large we don't ban just on request because every single time, and I mean every single time, they come back and start pestering us to unban it.

So we simply advise people who don't want to post to stop posting. And if they don't want to post again, they won't. What's left back here is irrelevant.

Cheers, mate. All the best.

Say what now?

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 441
RE: Top tips for the new forum - 17/8/2014 1:05:33 PM   
romet6

quote:

I cannot update my signature, because when I click on the "My Profile" link and then on the "Profile" tab, I can see where it says "Signature", but there is no field or box of any kind for me to type anything.

I am having the same issue...
There doesn't seem to be any editable input fields for signatures anywhere.

(in reply to yiannis21)
Post #: 442
Page:   <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> RE: Top tips for the new forum Page: <<   < prev  11 12 13 14 [15]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI