Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Step Up - 14/8/2006 9:32:02 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Loved it - 13/10/2006 8:14:50 PM   
ilovelethalweapon

This is Save the Last Dance but without the awkward part where Julia Stiles pretends to be a gangster. Yes, it's predictable, but there are still a few surprise story lines. The dancing in it is PHENOMENAL. And after seeing Channing Tatum in that Amanda Byrnes film I really didnt expect this from him. Definitely for the girls, but I think you're partner might secretly like this too!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Awful - 6/11/2006 4:00:06 PM   
mingmong9

To say this film was crap, would be an insult to the world of faeces. Poor acting, poor dialogue, poor directing, poor casting, poor everything. Why didn't they cast a black actor in the lead role instead of making Channing Tatum put on some awful "Hood" accent and pretend he is "down wit his homies in tha project y'all"? I know, it's because that wouldn't be as photogenic for the americans to stomach.
In response to the first comment. Yes, your partner might enjoy this film, but only if he is a complete retard.
On a positive note, Step up is not as awful as Syriana.

Post #: 3
Really Good :) - 11/11/2006 11:40:59 AM   
Caoimhe

I found it funny, and the dancing was good. To it all of Channing tatum was in it! I found that the best bit, he was in She's the Man, and totally different, I didn't imagine dancing!
I loved it, I love Channing Tatum too. :))))

Post #: 4
Really Good :) - 11/11/2006 11:41:05 AM   
Caoimhe

I found it funny, and the dancing was good. To it all of Channing tatum was in it! I found that the best bit, he was in She's the Man, and totally different, I didn't imagine dancing!
I loved it, I love Channing Tatum too. :))))

Post #: 5
Awful, awful film. - 30/5/2007 5:27:40 PM   
jamesbondguy

People on here are giving this good reviews. Why, exactly?
The dancing really isn't that incredible, although it is good. But seriously, this is about as enjoyable as watching a slug crawl from one side of the path to the other.
It's really a train-wreck of a film- Tatum looks confused throughout by the simple plot, and doesn't seem to grip this idea of 'acting.'
In fact, he all but stumbles through the film- his face or voice rarely changing despite what the script asks for him to do. However, since this movie, his acting has improved- perhaps it's the material that left him similar to a wooden plank? Who knows?
The scripts are as cliched as anything- a combination of every single dancing film ever made- in fact, I'm not even worried about spoilers- everyone knows what's going to happen- bad guy turns good through woman, mocks hobby before being mocked for doing it, and then gaining respect for winning some competition, or other.
It doesn't even have a unique element to enlighten the plot- even Dirty Dancing had an abortion sub-plot to stop it turning into a film as cliched as it could have been.
This is a film so hilariously bad that it's not even watchable- you just have to struggle through it- and be wary, there's no prize for doing so.

< Message edited by jamesbondguy -- 30/5/2007 5:30:01 PM >

Post #: 6
Is Amazing - 31/3/2008 11:04:00 AM   
Quinnie91

This film is amazing its a ten times better version of save the last dance the songs are better and so are the characters empires review and other reviews are crazy and they obviously no nothing about what amkes a good film

Post #: 7
:O totally amazing! - 27/11/2008 6:25:55 PM   
flo_xx

This must be one of the grestest films of all time! the dancing is amazing, Channing Tatum is insane and the plot is so cheesy i had goosebumps! :) its the perfectly pridictable story line that any girly girl loves and i certainly did! and anyone who thinks its awful needs to see it again!

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Step Up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI