Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 24/5/2007 11:07:15 AM   
matty_b

Ooooh, just realised I've never posted here....

I am matt

I am too fickle to support any team in particular (apart from England) - however I refuse to accept the opinion that says I am unable to comment on football because of this

I do have a soft spot for Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton, West Ham and Sunderland.

I love Paul Scholes, Steven Gerrard, Stuart Pearce, Robbie Fowler, Gary Neville, Martin O'Neill and Rafa Benitez.

He annoys me, but football would be much duller without Mourinho

I hate McClaren, Ashley Cole, Robben, Lampard, Henry and gloating supporters from any club - particulartly those who sing songs about Munich or Hillsborough

I realise that the only time England will ever win anything is by a complete fluke or if everyone else forgets to turn up

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to pauljthomas)
Post #: 61
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 2/7/2007 12:24:34 AM   
matthewforan

• Hi I am also Matt

• I am a Celtic fan (a yes i probably do fit most of the stereotypes that come with that)

• I have supported them since the 94/95 season, it was my fathers team but he stopped going when my parents had my sister and myself. So he decided that it was time for me to follow Celtic.

• I sometimes go to Ayr United games, as they are my hometown team. Also a soft spot for Carlisle

• I like most Celtic players, some aren't good enough to wear the hoops but there you go.

• The best game I ever went to was Celtic 6-2 The Enemy

• Best goal Henrik Larsson's chip in the above game

• I dislike most other SPL teams, Man U and Chelsea.

I also like baseball and ice hockey, I have been lucky enough to have gone to America a few times and I get really into baseball. Especially the Boston Red Sox.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 62
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 15/7/2007 6:58:00 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

So have i.....

I am Luke

I was born and lived in the mighty city of Liverpool until the age of 6 when i moved down to Essex to live with the southern fairies - now i basically am one. I now live in London.

I support Liverpool and have done all my life.

I have a soft spot for Southend Utd, Tranmere Rovers, West Ham and Celtic.

I love: Robbie Fowler, Jamie Carragher, Bill Shankley, Ian Rush, Kenny Dalglish.

I hate: Man Utd, Everton, Spurs, Chelsea (that doesn't mean to say i might not respect them), Steve McClaren, the lack of punishment for diving, the lack of technical progress in football, the complete crapness of the FA, and everyone that jumps on the England bandwagon during tournaments claiming they've always been a football supporter and then abandoning football once England are inevitably knocked out (if they just admitted they're only jumping on the bandwagon i wouldn't have a problem.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 63
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 2/8/2007 2:46:07 AM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

quote:

So have i.....

Me too.

My name is Pettsy. 

I have supported Newcastle United FC for about 15 years even though I live at the opposite end of the country.  There is a story behind it but its long and very boring.  Incidentally, the finest game I ever saw (and the last actual one) was one of Bruce Rioch's last in charge at Arsenal.  We beat them 2-0.

I do go and watch my local team Gillingham on occasion, but we don't have a lot of choice in this corner of the world.

I like having Sunderland in the Premiership, because the Teesiders can't really match them for passion in the derby.

I don't like the fact that every argument against me can be won with the mention of silverware.  But I can accept we have underperformed and overspent for a long time.  Only time will tell if Sam's the man, but he's got to be better than Glenn Roeder.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 64
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 2/8/2007 3:14:44 AM   
Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

quote:

quote:

So have i.....

Me too.

Same here. Strange, seeing as how it's been at the top of this Board for about 2 years now.

I'm Art.

I support West Ham United.

I've supported them for about 8 years now.

I live in Essex. West Ham are my local team.

I have a soft spot for Chelsea as half my family support them.

I like Paolo Di Canio, Ian Wright, Beckham, Soccer AM and Jeff Stelling.

I hate Spurs, Gerrard, Neil Warnock and travelling on the train on match day.

I can appreciate that we use to be that team that most people would just have that soft spot for, and now it's quite the opposite. But as long as we can finally get some success, i really don't care.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 65
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 21/8/2007 2:53:32 PM   
Beno

Never been on here , should have ..... slap wrist !!

Im Beno (real first name Tony).

I support Newcastle United.

Have done so for over 10 years.

I live in Sheffield and also like to see Blades and Owls do well .

Admire Michael Owen , but Shearer is God .

Own a signed Shearer shirt .

Hate the same teams getting the same positions in Premiership .

Would love us to hit the heights we did with Keegan .

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 66
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 22/8/2007 1:16:53 PM   
pocketrocket

I'm pocketrocket or Ian.

I support Liverpool.

I live in Cheshire. Liverpool used to be my local team.

I have a soft spot for Macclesfield as i'm now a resident.

I like King Robbie, Rush, Daglish, Barnes, Gerrard, bouncebackability  and dodgy white suits.

I hate ChelseaSpurs, Chelsea, Moan Utd, Chelsea,  Rob Styles, Chelsea, Neil Warnock and Chelsea.

Did I mention that i find Chelsea dislikeable

< Message edited by pocketrocket -- 22/8/2007 1:19:11 PM >

"A life Jmmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for the moments that never come." Lester Freamon

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 67
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 2/10/2007 8:15:41 PM   
LB Jeffries

quote:

ORIGINAL: Art Vandelay

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

quote:

quote:

So have i.....

Me too.

Same here. Strange, seeing as how it's been at the top of this Board for about 2 years now.

I think I can see a pattern emerging.....

I am LB Jeffries.

I live in and support Sunderland.

I have followed them for as long as I can remember.

Unlike a lot of Sunderland fans, I have no inferiority complex regarding Newcastle. I know they are a better City and have a bigger football club than we do and I actually like to see them do okay (apart from when we play them). My hatred is reserved for the Smoggies.

I like Roy Keane, Kevin Phillips, Niall Quinn, Gary Rowell, Kevin Ball, Denis Smith, Malcolm Crosby, John Byrne, Peter Reid, Bob Stokoe, Jimmy Montgomery and the rest of the 73' boys and the legend that is Jeff Stelling.

I dislike diving, cheating players, Middlesbrough, Mark Lawrenson, John Motson, Adrian Durham, the current off-side rule, whistle-happy refs, people who pretend to be football fans every time a World Cup comes around.

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”

(in reply to Art Vandelay)
Post #: 68
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 5/10/2007 8:17:23 AM   
matty_b

quote:

I live in and support Sunderland

Really? I live just outside of Sunderland...

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to LB Jeffries)
Post #: 69
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 8/10/2007 7:13:48 PM   
tommyjarvis

Another one who's just discovered he's never posted here

I'm tommyjarvis [just on here, not in reality]

I support Falkirk and Spurs

I starting supporting both in the 1994-95 season, Falkirk because they're my local team and Spurs because Klinsmann was playing for them at the time and I was nine and thought he was awesome. I go to Falkirk games when I can, but I've only ever been to one Spurs match, a friendly against Oxford about ten years ago.

I've a soft spot for Man Utd cos I liked them as a kid, and my dad has supported them since he was a bairn

I like watching any game with loads of goals - good defending is dull to watch

I dislike the Old Firm [with a passion], the huge amounts of money in the game these days, the fact that the Champions League has become soulless cos the same teams are in every year, cheating footballers, glory-hunting fans, etc etc etc. And Dunfermline. Naturally

I can appreciate that Arsenal play excellent football even though I despise them out of obligation, and that Rangers and Celtic's Euro performances are good for Scottish football even though its fun watching them get stuffed.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 70
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/4/2008 7:48:47 AM   
Fritz Lang

Hi i am Fritz.

I am an Everton supporter.I also support Real Madrid and Olympiacos(Greece).

I hate Barcelona,Panathinaikos and all the Italians,Turkish and German teams.

BUT I HATE, I TRULY HATE, LIVERPOOL...

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? You had a bad day and everything changed.

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 71
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/5/2008 11:18:49 PM   
dh_19

Hi, i'm dh_19.

I recently spent a few months watching the cricket in New Zealand but since no one likes discussing cricket, i'll stick to football.

I like to see Aston Villa do well and also have a soft spot for Man Utd.

My favourite player of all time is Dennis Bergkamp.

I really dislike Arsenal and Arsene Wenger for the fact they make no effort to buy or develop young British players despite being a top 4 team!

"I took a risk" - Larry David

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 72
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 26/5/2008 9:06:20 AM   
impqueen

Impqueen (Imp, Impy, Impolicious, Impossible…)

I support Chelsea FC and have been destine to do so since conception being aware of them from an early age and being forced to watch them in 1988 but I became a "serious” fan around 1990/1991. I miss the days of the Foreign Legion despite the fact we have been far more successful since and really only because it becomes very tiring when everyone hates the club you love and there is a constant stream of bile and scorn thrown your way as a result.  

Favourite Chelsea Players: Roberto Di Matteo, Zola, Super Dan Petrescu, Gavin "hit the cross bar in '94” Peacock, Flo, Vialli, Hughes, Desailly, Gudjohnsen, Duff, Cech, Carvalho, Lampard and more recently Ballack and Essien.

I don't hate any football team I just dislike playing Liverpool though it won't be so bad now with Mourinho gone, I do hate teams and fans though that feel they have a god given right to win shiny trophies. I also really fucking hate Peter Kenyon and the inability of Chelsea to back SUCCESSFUL managers, oh and the fact we don't currently have one.

I own a beer mat signed by Steve Clarke.

I also love Tennis (Federer, Nadal, Safin), F1(Hamilton, DC, McLaren, Kimi), Cricket (England, Surrey), International Rugby (Wales), The Olympics (Gymnastics) and Golf (Garcia).

< Message edited by impqueen -- 26/5/2008 9:12:41 AM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to dh_19)
Post #: 73
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 18/6/2008 9:05:46 PM   
Lady Windermere

I'm Heather

I am Sunderland born and bred, thus support them, however I have a soft spot for Liverpool and Man Utd for no apparant reason.

I dislike Middlesborough more than Newcastle, but can't say I like Newcastle. I have nothing against people who support either side. I hate football thugs.

I like Mickey Grey, Tommy Sorenson, Niall Quinn, Kevin Phillips, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes; as these are players I grew up watching and admiring.

I don't follow England much, but I do like to see them do well, I prefer to follow them through the rugby and cricket, which I am more passionate about.

I absolutely love cricket.

'nough said.

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 74
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/6/2008 3:51:30 PM   
gene bradley

Hi i'm Gene

I've supported Liverpool most of my life and i've a soft spot for Celtic

I do live in Scunthorpe

I like Kenny Dalglish (the greatest player to ever wear the liverpool shirt) and the plans for the new stadium.

I hate Man U, Gary Neville, Alex Ferguson, Old Trafford
( see a pattern forming ?)

"I don't use any particular method. I'm from
the lets pretend school of acting."
Harrison Ford

"Children may well enjoy its simple-mindedness,
untroubled by the fact that it looks so shoddy
and so uninventive."

(in reply to Lady Windermere)
Post #: 75
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 23/7/2008 8:32:45 PM   
ray_likethefish

Hi, I'm Nick

I support Manchester United, have been since about 1992 when as a child i decided to support them because they play in red (my favourite colour at the time!!)

I live in Watford

I dislike the arrogance and dimwittedness of your stereotypical Football Supporter

I have soft spots for Watford (my place of birth), Aston Villa (no particular reason), and recently i started watching more World Football, so i've adopted New York Red Bulls (my missus is from Queens, so i felt obligated to), and Corinthians (Tevez connection, and a friend of mine from Sao Paulo turned me on to them).

I like Ryan Giggs (all time favourite player), David Beckham (always plays with passion and heart), Ronaldo (the Brazilian one)

You don't have to be able to shit miracles to work in projection... but it helps

(in reply to gene bradley)
Post #: 76
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 26/8/2008 8:59:36 PM   
wgamador

"Even Megan Fox is putting Beno/Wags in her ballot box!!
You should too!!!"

VOTE BENO/WAGS in '08!

We support all sports....from Rugby to Whack-a-mole!!
We are YOUR Gold Medal Candidates!!

Thank You!

"And as he, who with laboring breath has escaped from the deep
to the shore, turns to the perilous waters and gazes..."

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 77
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 26/8/2008 10:04:24 PM   
matthewforan

Everyone with a soft spot for Celtic get yourself over to the Celtic thread, myself and Jackal are more than ready for more Hoops fans.

"The Irish have always been victims of negative stereotyping. I mean people think we're all drunks and brawlers. And sometimes that gets you so mad all you wanna do is get drunk and punch somebody"

Clear Eyes Full Hearts Can't Lose

Punchdrunk RIP

(in reply to wgamador)
Post #: 78
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 26/8/2008 11:07:21 PM   
boaby

hmmm, never noticed this thread:

I'm boaby. Duncan in the real world.

I'm a Scotland and Dons fan. (Used to support Arsenal too, then realised I only really supported Denis Bergkamp - I was only a kid, I knew no better)

I was born in the 'deen, have lived in Edinburgh and Prague, now in the 'shire.

have been a Scotland fan and a Don since I knew what football was, roughly 24 years now. sigh.

I have a soft spot for Barca (Cryuff, Maradona, Catalans, the Camp Nou, Steve Archibald and the strip among other reasons), Slavia Prague (cos I lived within spitting distance of their ground for a year) and Marseille (the first non-Dons/Scots strip I had)

I love Dons legends, Scots hall of famers, the World Cup, wingers, proper midfielders.

I hate the Old Firm, divers, defensive midfielders, attacking midfielders, one-footed players, devalued European trophies, injuries in international week and Alex fucking Miller. For starters.

The best games I've been to did not involve Aberdeen winning. Dons vs Torino, early 90s. Italian fans had flares and the atmosphere was like nothing little 12 year old me had ever seen, then Rico lashed one into the top corner from 20 yards and Pittodrie went gloriously mental. It was the best goal I've ever seen. The other match was Dons 2-2 Bayern. I thought we'd get ruined, our league form was woeful. It was like a dream. Could this mob of players led by that clown of a manager really be playing like this? I was beginning to think I never see the like again. A truly joyous occasion.

I appreciate good players and good football.

I'm a sport junky. I like Rugby League, (Union only if good teams or Scotland are playing) Boxing, Baseball, Basketball, American Football (or soccer, as I like to call it), the Olympics, Tennis, Shinty, Hurling, Gaelic Football, Cricket and others besides.

"Aberdonians, and with some degree of purpose and right on their side, have absolute contempt for Glasgow. There is a side of Aberdonians who, let's be absolutely honest about this, feel so superior to Glasgow that you can measure it by the yard."

(in reply to matthewforan)
Post #: 79
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/9/2008 6:40:12 PM   
Donnie Murdo

Feck it, when in Rome....

I'm Donnie on here.

Everyone seems to be talking about football so I'll start with that.

I'm a St Johnstone and Scotland fan. Saints were my local team when I was growing up, and I kept the faith after moving away (despite a brief flirtation with Partick Thistle at Uni). Me and my Grandad used to have season tickets for Saints together in the early 90s, so I've watched them yo-yo between the divisions for a good 15-20 years now. Highlights include the 3-3 draw with Monaco (featuring Barthez, Trezeguet and Legwinski) at McDairmid Park, and dumping the Huns out of the cup at Ibrox a couple of seasons ago.

I have a soft spot for Barcelona, Toronto FC and Inverness Caley Thistle now that Saints are out of the SPL. I don't have a favourite English team, and quite enjoy being able to watch the Premiership as a neutral. Having an Irish background I have a weird relationship with Celtic. I resolve this by supporting them in Europe and against Rangers, but hoping they lose their normal SPL games (unless Rangers are above them in the table).

I believe that international football should always take precedence over club football. I believe that most competitions would be better if everyone supported their local club, but equally that smaller clubs should be more visible in their communities.

I believe that other sports such as rugby and shinty could teach football a lot of lessons about professionalism, passion and respect. I like watching the Six Nations rugby, even though I sometimes struggle to understand everything. I support Ireland at rugby to make up for supporting Scotland at football. Since my old shinty team don't play in the league any more I support Skye. I try to watch some hurling and gaelic football where possible, with Clare and Donegal being my favoured teams.

I love most sports, but I have an issue with things like gymnastics and diving that require judges. I think sport should be about unambiguous victory, such as running faster than someone, or scoring more goals than someone.

That's all for now.

My Blog - http://weeredsquirrel.com

(in reply to boaby)
Post #: 80
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/9/2008 11:34:44 AM   
samthemanc

Just realised I never did this

I am Sam.

I am a Manchester City fan

I have supported them for my entire life (currently 23 years) ans am now a season ticket holder.

I also have a soft spot for Preston as I went uni there. Other teams are foreign, Mila, Ajax and Barca

I like: Uwe Rosler, Niall Quinn, Shauny Wright, Kinkladze
Going to see the match live, they should bring back booze though, it's just daft.
That we now have money
Squandering my money on futile away games

I hate: Stereotypical arrogant United fans
Being told I should support Utd in Europe
People who ask 'what would you prefer, England to win the world cup or City to win the league?' I'd rather we finished 6th
City fans (this probably happens at every club) who slag just decide a player's shit for no reason. I heard someone bitchin about Zabaletta at the Chelsea match
He was in fucking Argentina 36 hours previous and played OK and now looks great.
Oh and Roy Keane and Steve Bennett
The 'money' issue, the league has been bought ever since it's been the premiership
People who say 'what right do city have to be 'up there'' firstly we aren't up anywhere yet and what right does anyone have?

I can appreciate: Any real fan who knows the game
A woman in a football kit
A great player even if he wears red. Scholes and Giggs are real footballing legends, Ronaldo has nowhere near enough class to be compared to them

I also adore cricket and couldn't have picked a better moment to get into it - the natwest series before the ashes win love the olympics

I also love F1 and hate and can't comprehend the malice towards Lewis Hamilton, he's an amazin racer and I always supported Maclaren anyway (don't know why) but why do people complain that he's gone straight to them? If he'd struggled for 4 years and then just scraped a win like the usual 'plucky brit' that we all love everyone'd love him but cause he was an instant hit people hate him

< Message edited by samthemanc -- 30/9/2008 11:38:39 AM >

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months. - Oscar Wilde

From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. - Winston Churchill

Dying's a day worth living for - Captain Barbossa

(in reply to SEENOEVIL)
Post #: 81
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/9/2008 12:21:13 PM   
borstal

I am borstal known as Paul

I am a Manchester United fan.

Man utd were thrust upon me due to my family supporting Man U. With a gran from Belfast whatcha gonna do? Georgie this and Georgie that...

Yes, I do live in Manchester. The top end of Stretford Road

I also have a soft spot for Oldham my birth town, Hull because I went there to uni and hardly anyone had Hull City shirts on. I do feel sorry for them now they have lost there only football claim to fame and curiously Watford

I like: Paul Scholes, Roy Keane, Brian Robson, George Best, Bobby Charlton, Gianfranco Zola

I hate: Football supporters telling you how to think. Yes I can like Liverpool and Leeds (before the money caught up with them) and actually want City to do well (not against us though!)

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to samthemanc)
Post #: 82
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 14/4/2009 2:36:10 AM   
MI Cruise

I am MI Cruise

I am a Chelsea and New York Yankees fan

I dont really support Chelsea that much because I'm not 100% into football maybe not even 50% into it, when I used to like it I supported Chelsea now that I've grown further and further apart from football I only like it if Chelsea win but its no big deal if they get their asses kicked, I only tune in and out of their matches, sometimes if it's a big hyped match I might tune in.
I also want to get into American Football however because only channel 5 show the game and not very often and after midnight I might not bother. unfortunatly the same problem is with baseball and thats a sport that I love.

I hate: people asking what football you support and then after you've answered them they start argueing that their teams better and that you support a team full of wankers. 

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 83
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 19/7/2009 3:26:22 PM   
OddCinema

I'm Odd.

I'm a long-suffering Dagenham fan.

They're pretty much my local team after my dad dragged me to their games from a young age. I also follow Hertha and I'm a huge cricket fan - Essex are my county, though I keep an eye on Yorkshire.

I have soft spots for Everton & Brentford, Roddick, Lisicki and Ivanovic.

I like underdogs, the FA & World Cups, TMS, American Football, grand slam tennis, Flintoff and that there's drama in the Premiership once more.

I'm not fond of Manchester Utd. or Liverpool, the Old Firm, the comical money top flight football players are paid, Shrewsbury FC, all the hubbub around Lewis Hamilton - it's only his third season, live cricket no longer on Channel 4 or that I managed to miss the entire men's Wimbledon final this year.

< Message edited by OddCinema -- 19/7/2009 3:27:13 PM >

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 84
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 15/9/2010 5:39:37 PM   
gazpop

HI: I am gazpop. I lived in Thailand for a while and it's a moniker that stuck.

I AM: the thread re-start King.

I SUPPORT: Liverpool. Have done since watching them on the little screen in the kitchen with my grandad. Growing up in west Wales they were practically the closest major team, but watching Kenny, Rush, Aldridge, JB, Hanson, Lawro et all would have clinched it for me, even had I been born on the centre spot of Old Trafford.

I HATE: Man Utd, but not as much as I used to. They don't seem quite so arrogant as before. Maybe that's 'cos that idiot Ronaldo (nice choice of name for your kid man) has gone.
I also despise divers/fakers. If they just brought in a retro-active penalty system so that if you were missed by the ref but caught on camera (pretty difficult not to these days what with 10 cameras on you at all times) you could be penalised after the game. Penalised the only way these guys respect; in the wallet! I played many different sports for many many years and have never once contemplated fouling or faking. Kids all over the world see their idols and role-models doing this and copy them. It makes me want to punch Sepp Blatter in his eyes! And when I see a player I love doing this it makes me cry inside.

I RESPECT: Man Utd and what they have achieved in the past 15 years or whathaveyou. Our glory days are over (for now) and I guess someone else had to fill the gap. I just still hate them.

I DON'T UNDERSTAND: Why we sold Owen, Keane, Crouch or Fowler. Yes yes, I've heard the arguements , I just don't agree with them.
Nor do I understand the jocks supporting Germany when we play them (I'm half english and half welsh but cos of my dad I come out for England when it comes to sport). I mean, they'll mention something that happened 100's of years ago but seem to forget something a little more recently. I don't hate the Germans. Some, well, ok, one of my best friends is half-German, and you gotta hand it to them at the World Cup (they made us look rather foolish and we won't be able to give them any more 5-1 stick) but if the Scots play anyone but us or Wales I am right behind them.

I LOVE: Stevie G, Crouchie, Grob, Shilts, Johnny Barnes, humous and cheese. Any cheese.

I AGREE: with a few other posters on here re 1. women in football shirts 2. football being able to learn a lot about respect, manners and gamesmanship from other sports like Cricket and Rugby.

I USED TO: have a soft spot for Man City but now they are better than us I don't. Even if they hate Man Utd about the same as us. Sometimes my enemy's enemy is my friend aint true.

I HAVE A SOFT SPOT FOR: Juventus and Newcastle. Oh, hang on, you don't think it's the colours do you? Hmmm. I honestly never realised until that moment.

I AM HAPPY: about Hodgson coming in, but he needs to be bolder, take some risks. If we don't get back in the Champs League next year it will be another year wasted. We have less than no hope of challenging for the league (Chelsea will walk it, absolutely walk it) so top 4 would be nice. Unlikely, but nice.

THE BEST PLAYER THAT I EVER SAW: Cantona. Complete article. To be the best sometimes you have to be a little arrogant. And mad. That obviously worked for him.

< Message edited by gazpop -- 15/9/2010 5:42:06 PM >

Yeah, that's real fine expensive gear you brought out here, Mr. Hooper.'Course I don't know what that bastard shark's gonna do with it-might eat it I suppose. Seen one eat a rockin' chair one time. Hey chieffy, next time you just ask me which line to pull

(in reply to OddCinema)
Post #: 85
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 12/1/2012 6:41:45 PM   
FilthWizard

Hello, I'm FW. I'm in my (coughlatecough) 20s and...

I support:

Atlanta Falcons (NFL)
Atlanta Hawks (NBA)
Atlanta Braves (MLB)
Winnipeg Jets (NHL... who were previously the Atlanta Thrashers)
Aston Villa (definitely did something wrong in a previous life)

I'll also watch:

Cricket
Rugby
Tennis
Snooker

I hate:

Liverpool
Chelsea
Toronto Maple Leafs
New Orleans Saints

I'd like to see:

City take the title this year. Hopefully their current blip is only that.
Someone other than the Saints or the Packers win the Super Bowl. Preferably not the Giants.
Any of the U.S. teams I follow make it past the first round of the playoffs.
Beckham score the winner for gold at the Olympics.

It's April. What do you expect?

(in reply to gazpop)
Post #: 86
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 12/1/2012 11:57:31 PM   
CORLEONE

Didn't know this even existed......!

I'm Corleone. I support Leeds United, and have done for since I was a nipper.

I have soft spots for Man City, Liverpool, Preston North End, Everton, Arsenal, Tottenham, Bolton

I hate Man United and Millwall.

I do follow football abroad and support the following:

Scotland: Rangers (hate Celtic)
Spain: Real Madrid (dislike Barcelona)
Italy: AC Milan (dislike Inter)

Into other sports as well, and support this lot:

Super League: Leeds Rhinos
NFL: Washington Redskins (don't like Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers, Philadelphia Eagles and Green Bay Packers. Soft spot for Atlanta Falcons)
MLB: Boston Red Sox (hate New York Yankees)
NHL: Washington Capitals (dislike Pittsburgh Penguins)
NCAA Football: Alabama Crimson Tide (dislike Auburn)

Followed England all over Europe and went to Portgual in 2004 and Germany in 2006. Would have been going to the Euros this summer if we were in Poland, but Ukraine's too much of a ball-ache for us so not gonna bother.....

Al Swearengen: "Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back".

(in reply to FilthWizard)
Post #: 87
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 13/1/2012 12:40:49 PM   
FilthWizard

quote:

ORIGINAL: CORLEONE

I'm Corleone. I support Leeds United, and have done for since I was a nipper.

If it's any consolation, I was gunning for Leeds in the FA Cup, would've preferred to see Villa play them!

< Message edited by FilthWizard -- 13/1/2012 12:41:30 PM >

It's April. What do you expect?

(in reply to CORLEONE)
Post #: 88
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 18/8/2012 6:12:47 PM   
Nexus Wookie

I too, same as Corleone didn't know this thread existed! I clicked on here by mistake (blame the small keys on my phone).

Anyway, I support Man United, have done so since childhood. I didn't choose to support United, United chose me!

We're in the first day of the new season and I want us to wrestle back the title from the noisy neighbours! God I hate them.....

My favourite players : Scholes (legend), Keane, Beckham, Giggsy........KING CANTONA!!

GREATEST MOMENT: THE 1999 TREBLE! that was fucking awesome! Greatest comeback ever! People say 2005 and Liverpool's Istanbul comeback was awesome, but they had 45 minutes and more to turn the game around...we had two fucking minutes! The trophy already had been wrapped with the Bayern colours! Awesome moment not to mention the treble!!

HATE: I used to hate Chelsea FC with a passion however I have to say that passionate hate has been sated somewhat by their amazing Champions League win over Bayern - and the way they knocked Barca out on the way. Revenge for that travesty in 2009 you can say. I loved seeing the smirk wiped off that twat Alves' face and those other actor's (yes you Biscuits!).

Also did I mention I hate City?

Anyway, love football and good luck to everyone for the season! Hope to see a lot of twists and turns again!

< Message edited by Nexus Wookie -- 3/9/2012 8:14:18 PM >

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to FilthWizard)
Post #: 89
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 11/7/2013 2:44:26 PM   
Jasper123

I am Jasper

I support Tottenham

I have supported them for 30 years and barely any glory

I live in London

I have soft spots for Barnet & St Mirren (no idea why!)

I like Gazza, Hoddle and Waddle and from Todays team that monster they call Bale

I hate constantly just missing out on the Champs League

They are my team for better or worse, I should blame my Dad and Grandad!

Some kind of robot spammer for lifedaily links

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI