Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 8/11/2005 10:14:53 PM   
Hoon

I am Hoon

I support Middlesbrough FC. Always have and always will. I used to be a season ticket holder, but that is no longer 'financially viable'.

I have a soft spot for Darlington (because I live there) and Wigan (7 great seasons together; lifting the premiership title twice, the League Cup and winning the Champions League final*)
* See Football Manager 2005 for more details.

I like; Juninho (my favourite player of all time), Ronaldinho (best player in the world right now) and Steve McClaren (sometimes).

I hate; Inconsistancy, Robbie Savage & Craig Bellamy, racist fans and Steve McClaren (sometimes).

I can appreciate; Boro will probably never win anything other than the League or FA cup. Darlo will never get promoted from League Two.

Don't be happy. Just worry.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 31
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 13/11/2005 12:27:47 PM   
Pinback

I am Pinback.

I am a Crystal Palace fan.

I have supported them for 15 years. Technically, I suppose I could be called a glory hunter. But with Palace its all relative.

I like: when England win at pretty much anything.

I hate: Golf (but not crazy golf). Diving (in football, its not like I have anything against people jumping into swimming pools).

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 32
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 21/12/2005 5:17:43 PM   
Jean Claude

Monaco

(in reply to Pinback)
Post #: 33
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 20/1/2006 8:53:47 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I am: Your Funny Uncle aka YFU

I support: Arsenal F.C - used to be a season ticket holder but am no longer. I have supported them for 17 years.
Castleford Tigers - Back in the Superleague so make way for the daddios baby!

I like: York City F.C (round the corner), Thierry Henry (best Arsenal striker ever), Arsenals new stadium plans and when Spurs get beat.

I hate: Alan Shearer, Spurs, Fergie and Golf

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Jean Claude)
Post #: 34
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 21/1/2006 10:10:40 AM   
My Life in Pictures

I am My Life in Pictures

I am an Arsenal fan.

I have supported them since I was 5 years old.

I live in North London (Although closer to White Hart Lane than Highbury).

I also have a soft spot for Manchester City (They hate Utd and glory hunters us much as I do).

I like: Theirry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp, Kolo Toure, Marc Overmars, Kaka, Mascherano, Michael Ballack.

I hate: Spurs, Peter Kenyon, Plastics, Drogba.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 21/8/2007 2:55:49 PM >

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 35
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 1/2/2006 2:24:58 PM   
00dancal

hello fellow sports film addicts
My name be Dan nd i am a liverpool supporter winner of id liked to point out 5 european cups not 4 which a mate of mine thought he had pointed out even when he was watching that nyt of brilliance in Istanbul.
Legends who have donned the famous red shirts: Owen, Fowler, Gerrard and who can forget Jamie Carragher.
Twats who were jus here to scrounge: Diouf, Diouf and Diouf
Otha footballing legends who deserve more credit, Pascal Cygan of Arsenal, the calamitous defending of Peter Ramage and Babayaro of Newcastle (had to put them in). As we nearer the occasion of the prodgical son's return can we see the two names of Crouch and Fowler as europes most infamous pairing      

Cricket is baseball on valium

(in reply to JJ Holiday)
Post #: 36
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 1/2/2006 2:31:02 PM   
My Life in Pictures

quote:

ORIGINAL: 00dancal

hello fellow sports film addicts

Otha footballing legends who deserve more credit, Pascal Cygan of Arsenal,

Your not wrong mate! Welcome to Grandstand.

(in reply to 00dancal)
Post #: 37
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 1/2/2006 2:46:35 PM   
00dancal

i think for us liverpool fans Robbie Fowler is the perfect player to bring in during the circumstances we are in. 1. Crouch hasnt really gelled with any of the fowards we've got bar on the odd occasion like at everton when him and cisse scored a goal apiece. But i think crouch needs someone english so he can comunnicate better with them. 2. Fowler is the best finisher we have got at the moment with none of the other strikers bearing a resemblence to him. And finally 3. We seem to create thousands of chances whenever the awesome gerrard and alonso are playing so with fowler on the pitch he should tuck away the majority of the half chances and main chances we get  

(in reply to 00dancal)
Post #: 38
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 1/2/2006 3:23:03 PM   
00dancal

i woz jus wonderin since im a newbie here how do u get a clip or picture under your login name pleez help

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 39
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 3/3/2006 9:29:00 PM   
svgbdgr

I am svgbdgr.

I am a Manchester United and Plymouth Argyle fan.

I have supported Utd since '85 cos they beat Everton in the FA Cup and all my mates were Everton fans (they were good then. Seriously!) so I decided to be a prick. I started supporting Argyle after I first moved down here in 1989.

I also have a soft spot for anyone who beats Excreter *spit*.

I like: too many Man U players to mention, David Friio, Lord Sir Paul of Sturrock Creator Of Miracles, Patron Saint of Turning Shite 3rd Division Teams into Championship Sides.

I hate: Being called a glory hunter. After '85 we won nowt for years, so I reserve the right to get arsey with anyone who calls me one.

I can appreciate: That the best thing about being an Argyle fan is we can legitimately sing "Dirty Northern Bastards" to EVERY team in the country!

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

(in reply to 00dancal)
Post #: 40
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/3/2006 11:48:31 AM   
monkeydisco

My name is monkeydisco, long time Chelsea fan, which I guess won't make me very popular around here.

I have to say my favourite player from my Chelsea supporting years would have to be Zola, brilliant player for us, who played in the right way (no diving or cheating).

Mr Drogba could learn a thing or two from him.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 41
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/3/2006 2:31:38 PM   
Giant Green Rabbit

I am GGR

I am a Liverpool fan.

I have supported since I was about four I suppose

I live in Birmingham and I don't give a damn. And I don;'t have a brummie accent either.

I have a soft spot for Arsenal, Holland and Barca - love beautiful teams that don't win as much as they should. It's like a Shakesperean tragedy, except it isn't really anything like that.

I like: Champions League and International matches - big tournaments. Steve Mcmanaman. Ronaldinho. Messi. Arjen Robben. Johan Cruyff. Guus Hiddink. Louis Van Gaal. Dennis Bergkmp, Theirry Henry

I hate: The Milk Cup, people who keep talking about the 'magic' of the FA Cup like it's some supernatural phenomenon and anyone who seriously thinks it's the best cup competition in the world. I hate Bolton for no obvious reason. I hate people who talk about big men having a good touch (make of that what you will).  I hate so-called 'proper' football fans who go to matches every week and whinge and moan all the time when their team plays badly and start phoning footbal phone-ins to call fir the manager to get the sack when they don't win 4-0. Wankers. I hate the FA, G14, the idiots picking the new England manager, Fat Sam, Gary Neville, Duncan Ferguson, Kieron Dyer, Craig Bellamy...Viva Hate.

I can appreciate: Man Utd play good attacking football - but I still don't like them. Mourinho is very good tactically, but I find that his teams supress individual brilliance and as a result, Chelsea may not be as atttractive as they should be for a team with so much money. Wayne Rooney is a great player but seems like an obnoxious git.

Once there was a little bunny who had a little furry tail and a little shiny nose. But the electrodeath cloud of commerce strangled it and its foxhole was converted to a parking lot, a parking lot, a parking lot. Ample parking asphalted over bunny bones. Everyone everyone get in.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 42
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 31/3/2006 10:04:54 PM   
macwil

im scottish and want to know if anyone else is sick of commentators(english) being so biased towards england and the world cup that the rest of the country will support any team but england.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 43
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 8/4/2006 10:16:20 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: macwil

im scottish and want to know if anyone else is sick of commentators(english) being so biased towards england and the world cup that the rest of the country will support any team but england.

Which media?  SKY, BBC, ITV where is their main audience?   Oh yeah good olde England, and it isn't bias there is no media in the world that is as tough on their own team as the British Media on England.  Just do us a favour and take your pathetic chip on your shoulder and grow up. The biggest bias in this country and the world cup is actually surrounding Brazil.  Have you evidence of you so called bias?  You do understand the word don't you?
To influence in a particular, typically unfair direction; prejudice. I'll give you an example; every post that you have made in this forum show amazing bias against England without you being able to justify your opinion.
Again I ask can you show evidence of this unfair reporting in Englands favour?

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 8/4/2006 10:20:01 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to macwil)
Post #: 44
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 11/4/2006 10:34:00 AM   
DJ Satan

I am DJ Satan. 

I am a Spurs fan.

I have supported them for 25 years since I decided to piss my Dad off by wanting them to win the 1981 FA Cup Final replay. Before that I supported Man City. 

I'm originally from Essex so it was pretty much a choice between them or West Ham.

I also have a soft spot for West Ham, Man City, Reading and Southend.

I like: Gary Lineker, Martin Jol, Aaron Lennon, Mido.

I hate: Arsenal. Sol "Judas" Campbell. Arrogant manager who refuse to condemn their own team (I'm looking at you Wenger and Mourinho). The fact we still don't have video replays in the top divisions. Sheffield United.

I really hate: Being 1 goal up in a match or 3 goals up at half time. I know it's all going to end up in heartbreak.

I can appreciate: We're slightly above our position this year but I think we now deserve European football.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 45
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/4/2006 9:29:33 PM   
JediBobster

Is the title of this Forum going have to change soon then?

JEDI BOBSTER

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 46
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 6/5/2006 8:39:22 PM   
Joe

I'm Joe

I'm a Manchester United Fan, have been for 17 years now, since I was 5 (my Dad has followed them since the 60's and passed on the appreciation!)

I also like Cork City FC.

In rugby I follow Munster, though not a huge rugby follower, just the 6 nations and the European Cup.

I Like: Cantona, Roy and Robbie Keane, Ronaldhino, Terry, Martin Jol, Steve Bruce

Dislike: Alan Shearer, Ashley Cole, Pires, Drogba, Moriniho

"Manchester United is the club, it is football. A culture of the “beau jeu”, a philosophy that has been existing for years. How to win with class. I am still madly in love with it."
Eric Cantona

(in reply to JediBobster)
Post #: 47
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 6/5/2006 11:35:48 PM   
Frank White

lol, I never read this thread...

I am Frank White. I am a Barça fan and I have been for more than 15 years now.

I like Cruijff, Marco Van Basten, Hristo Stoichkov and of course Ronaldinho. To be honest I like everybody in our current squad. The only Barça player I have ever disliked is Romario, who was a selfish obnoxious git. But boy could he play, one of the top 15 all time best players really...

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.

I hate Real Madrid.
(I think you get the point now)

I can appreciate cricket might be fun to play but for the life of me I cannot figure out why somebody would want to watch it.

photography
------------------------------------
www.levonschuller.com

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 48
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 6/5/2006 11:49:16 PM   
Hobbitonlass

My name is Hobbitonlass (am I the only girl so far in this thread?)

I support Middlesbrough FC

I have supported them for 15 years now

I live in West London but have relatives from Middlesbrough

I have a soft spot for Barca and Hayes Town FC

I like Ronaldhino, Juninho, Bryan Robson

I hate Dennis Wise, penalties and the cost of going to a match these days

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Frank White)
Post #: 49
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 7/5/2006 12:17:40 AM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: macwil

But they're the english media and therefore they're more than likely England fans, and they're main audience are English/England fans and therefore they can be much more open about their optimism and support of the team, unlike with club football where the majority aren't going to be fans of the team the jouralist/commentator/pundit supports etc and therefore have to do everything from a neutrals point of view.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to macwil)
Post #: 50
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 8/5/2006 9:51:52 AM   
empiresgreatesposter

I support Arsenal the best footballing side to ever grace English football.

I hate spurs, chelsea and Man Utd.  I love West Ham.

(in reply to Hoon)
Post #: 51
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 9/5/2006 4:00:43 PM   
Hardcore Raver

I am Hardcore Raver.

I am an Aston Villa fan.

I've supported them since I first got into football, so about 15 years.

I live in France, but my parents are both from Birmingham. Dad - Villa and Mum - WBA

I have a soft spot for Leicester City (used to live there and my brother supports them) and for Swindon Town (used to live near there too and went to see lots of games as a few of my mates had season tickets).

I like Paul McGrath, Steven Davis, Gareth Barry, Wayne Rooney, David Beckham, attractive football (even when it's played against us, eg Arsenals 5-0 hammering of us)

I dont like Steve Bruce, David O'Leary, the xenophobism of the tabloid press,

I can appreciate that Villa are not likely to ever win the European cup in my lifetime (they won it about half a year before I was born). I can also appreciate the fact that I will probably miss having Birmingham in the Premiership, as those games were the first fixtures I looked for in the past few seasons

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to empiresgreatesposter)
Post #: 52
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/5/2006 7:56:09 PM   
KennyM

My Names is KennyM

I support the mighty Ayrshire Killie

I have supported them since I was a wee lad

I live in Kilmarnock

I like Stevie Naismith, Colin Nish, Frazer Wright, Paul Wright(legend), Ray Montgomerie

I dislike the OF, Ayr United, Aberdeen (despite being born there), Dundee Utd and Jimmy Calderwood

I can appreciate we are a small provincial club who have been punching above our weight for many seasons, and are unlikely ever to give the OF a drubbing.

< Message edited by KennyM -- 26/5/2006 9:07:21 AM >

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 53
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 21/7/2006 12:10:56 AM   
Goodfella

I am Goodfella.

I support Charlton

I have supported Charlton since 1994 when I first realised football was more than just kicking a round thing around the playground. First match at the Valley was in 1995.

I have soft spots for Exeter and Plymouth because they are my local teams since moving down to North Devon. Insane I know as they are rivals and hate each other.

I like: Charlton legends like Curbs, Killer and Mendonca, oh and lest us not forget Darren Bent!

I hate: Crystal Palace, Millwall, Simon Fucking Jordan, Alan Shearer and Sven Goran Eriksson.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

(in reply to svgbdgr)
Post #: 54
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 20/9/2006 9:03:27 PM   
ORO

I'm ORO, and my teams are:

NY Islanders (NHL)
NY Mets (MLB)

I don't follow much else.

(in reply to Joe)
Post #: 55
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 14/10/2006 10:09:49 AM   
skeletonjack

Hello
My name is Skeletonjack

I support Sunderland and have been a season ticket holder there for the last 20 years.

The only other club I have a soft spot for is York City as I spent 3 years at uni there......and of course whoever Newcastle are playing that weekend

My favourite players are Marco Gabbiadini, Kevin Phillips and Niall Quinn.

I dislike fans who criticise players constantly during matches rather than getting behind them. Moaning on does no-body any good and just annoys those around you.

I also have no time for football "fans" who know everything yet haven't set foot in their teams grounds in their lifetimes.

I always expect the worse with Sunderland that way they can never disappoint me.

(in reply to Felix)
Post #: 56
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 30/11/2006 2:08:09 PM   
3POs gaylover

Hello, an Everton fan here.  Very pleased with the job that David Moyes continues to do.  We're a bit inconsistent and are capable of having good and bad seasons, but I think we have a fine manager. Favourite current player is Arteta.

(in reply to skeletonjack)
Post #: 57
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 8/12/2006 2:16:15 PM   
wandering starr

I am wandering starr, and I support Arsenal.  Mostly because thats who my dad raised me to support.

But I love them anyway.  Haven't been to a match in a while but hopefully this season some time.

(in reply to Hoon)
Post #: 58
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 25/1/2007 12:58:26 AM   
Wazoo

Barça are the only team I really follow, but...

In honour of my French roots and hometown, I also support Toulouse FC.

(in reply to ORO)
Post #: 59
RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! - 26/4/2007 2:46:48 PM   
pauljthomas

I am pauljthomas

I support Aston Villa

Have supported them for 18 years.

I live in Staffordshire.

Ex Villa players that don't score against us.

I like GOD MON, Barry, McCann, JPA(sorry to see you go), Bouma, Carew & Mellberg

I hate BCFC when Savage played for them, Ronaldo & gloryhunters

I appreciate that we have underachieved ever since winning the European Cup in early 80's & look forward to the glory days.

You know how I know your gay? You like Coldplay

BUS WANKERS!!!!

(in reply to Wazoo)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Welcome to Grandstand, again! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI