Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

The Drew Carey Show

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Drew Carey Show Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The Drew Carey Show - 9/8/2006 7:06:16 PM   
The Knutsens

Anyone else here love this show as much as me? It's not up to the likes of Seinfeld and certainly doesn't have the jokes of some of the more well regarded sit-coms but this show has some of the best characters and on screen chemistry of any show. The pure sillyness from the brilliant and talented ryan styles as well as the dry wit of diedrich bader was superb as was every character they cast. Used to love watching it when it was ITV a while back but now it's not on anywhere. Hopefully it'll get a DVD release soon so i can watch them all again.

If anyone owns this show on dvd (officially or not) please pm me or email me. Thank u.

George Costanza : "My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents."

Annie Hall: It's so clean out here.
Alvy Singer: That's because they don't throw their garbage away, they turn it into television shows.
Post #: 1
RE: The Drew Carey Show - 10/8/2006 10:29:45 AM   
Sundance

Yeah I love the show too. Caught one of the 'What's Wrong with this Episode' (love them ) episodes when I was in America and got into it when it was shown over here. They knew how to do proper live shows.

(in reply to The Knutsens)
Post #: 2
RE: The Drew Carey Show - 15/8/2006 12:47:18 AM   
mfj fratelli

I'm also a big fan of The Drew Carey Show. For an American, like me, it was one of those groundbreaking comedies of the nineties. It, along with Seinfeld, helped revamp the American sitcom. Before shows like these came about, American sitcoms were too family oriented, sappy, and bland. Although, I did enjoy a lot of those sitcoms. The Drew Carey was a new breed of sitcom that never succumbed to the "serious" episode. American sitcoms before this always had an episode that dealt with something serious, such as: Alcoholism, Kidnapping, Deadbeat Fathers, Drugs, etc. The Drew Carey Show was nothing but mockery, insults, stupidity, and musical numbers. It never dipped into comedic melodrama.

That's why I love the show. Ryan Stiles is my personal favorite. I also loved the exchange of put-downs between Drew and Mimi.

Without shows like Seinfeld, The Drew Carey Show, Married With Children, and Get a Life, American televison would never have had the guts to produce stellar comedies. Examples: Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, My Name is Earl, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Sons & Daughters.

It really was a great show!

The Wire is surely the best TV show ever broadcast in America. This claim isn't based on my having seen all the possible rivals for the title, but on the premise that no other program has ever done anything remotely like what this one does, namely to portray the social, political, and economic life of an American city with the scope, observational precision, and moral vision of great literature.

The Wire has never won an emmy? [It] deserves the Nobel Prize for Literature!

(in reply to Sundance)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> The Drew Carey Show Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI