Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Please sign up, we can stop this

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Please sign up, we can stop this Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Please sign up, we can stop this - 29/9/2008 8:06:20 AM   
Timon

You have to remember that if Judd Apatow is on board, he's not your usual Hollywood producer/writer that's eager to churn out dross. He takes his time to make the best possible film.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to rupert303)
Post #: 61
RE: Ghostbusters III - 29/9/2008 9:55:44 AM   
Vadersville

My choices for the new Ghostbusters would be Bill Hader, Donald Faison, Seth Rogen and Nathan Fillion.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to mlavagna)
Post #: 62
RE: Ghostbusters III - 9/12/2008 10:03:31 AM   
Timon

Having seen the footage for the Ghostbusters Video Game, I'm more excited by this idea. Plus a recent interview with Sigourary Weaver said she was meeting with Bill Murrary regarding the film and she hoped her baby Oscar who now be one of the Ghostbusters.

Paul Rudd as Oscar?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 63
RE: Ghostbusters III - 9/12/2008 7:01:49 PM   
Scabby

He'd be a bit old wouldn't he? The guy is 40 odd. I'd probably go for somebody like Jay Barachul as Oscar, maybe being brought up extra moddy coddled because of all the shit that went down. I dunno though, the idea of the new guys really doesn't warm to me (although Fillion would be great) as much as I like the guy though I don't want Rogan to be in it but I have a feeling he will. He has really one acting mode and although it works well elsewhere I don't think it would fit Ghostbusters. Bill Hader would be good but its tough thinking of anyone to step in their shoes because nobody has the same comedy style of those guys back in the day. Saying that Jason Bateman would kick ass.

Sometimes writes here, sometimes writes there.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 64
RE: Ghostbusters III - 13/2/2009 1:35:35 PM   
TruDru

I was starting to think that they gave up with it...and it wasn't coming out.

(in reply to mlavagna)
Post #: 65
RE: Ghostbusters III - 23/2/2009 7:46:07 AM   
Indio

Not much to go on, but looks like there may be some developments - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40204

'Think about the future.'

(in reply to TruDru)
Post #: 66
RE: Ghostbusters III - 23/2/2009 9:44:17 AM   
Marwood

I'm in 2 minds about this - the original film is a classic and the sequel is actually better than I remembered at the time but a third?

I can see how its going to happen - the old guard help train up some new guys as Ghostbusters and the franchise will continue with the new guys in part 4. It's logical I guess but for me it's not Ghostbusters unless Egon, Ray, Peter and Winston are the ones doing the busting.

Bilbo: What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish.

Tim: Yeah but Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look like f***ing Shaft!

(in reply to Indio)
Post #: 67
RE: Ghostbusters III - 23/2/2009 9:47:10 AM   
Timon

Let me tell you something.............bustin' makes me feel good!

(in reply to Marwood)
Post #: 68
RE: Ghostbusters III - 4/3/2009 1:07:34 PM   
fake shemp

Well it says in the latest Production Weekly that Judd Apatow Productions are producing this.  Really hope they can pull out something special for the third film! 

(in reply to Funky_Gibbon)
Post #: 69
RE: Ghostbusters III - 31/3/2009 11:02:51 AM   
Timon

So do I seeing as Ghostbusters is my favorite comedy of all time, if not one of my favorite films ever.

Ramis promised that all the old core players will take part in the updated version, including Bill Murray (Dr. Peter Venkman) and Dan Aykroyd (Dr. Raymond Stantz), who co-wrote the original films. "We're all going to be in it in different kinds of roles," Ramis said. "We're going to be the sage mentors. There are going to be young Ghostbusters."
[EDIT]
At the moment, Ramis is waiting on a first draft of the script, which is being penned by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky, two writer/producers on "The Office," who also wrote "Year One." "Gene and Lee, both of whom I mentored, are now writing the new 'Ghostbusters,' " Ramis said. "I'm consulting with them, as is Dan Aykroyd and [original director] Ivan Reitman.

"Bill Murray is just waiting for the truckload of money to arrive to get him out of his office," Ramis joked.

Good to see Ramis and Aykroyd are heavily involved.

(in reply to fake shemp)
Post #: 70
RE: Ghostbusters III: Ghostbuster Academy - 21/4/2009 2:46:12 PM   
Timon

I think the reason that I'm actually positive about this, is that interest of hiring random writers, they've got the main writers of the US Office, which whether you like it or not, has produced some of the more witty and entertaining television of recent years and the likes of Ramis and Akyroyd are heavily involved.

Akyroyd has be waxing lyrical about it and I don't blame him. Has he been trying to get a third film off the ground for the past 20 years?!

Sigourney Weaver may still be on the fence about committing to Ghostbusters 3, despite Harold Ramis confidence that everybody from the films original cast said they'd do it. Series star and writer Dan Aykroyd, meanwhile, appeared hopeful that Weaver would return, reiterating her hesitation to sign on, but he also let slip some possible spoilers for the new film, including the nature of the franchise's next wave of Proton Pack wearers.

"When we do the Ghostbusters 3 movie, hopefully, Sigourney will be in it," Aykroyd told a group of reporters at a round-table interview. "I know we'll make that happen. But there will be a whole new generation that has to be trained, and that whole new generation will be led by an individual who you'll all love when you meet him but I'm not going to tell you anything yet."

Ramis said that he and his fellow stars might be acting as mentors or advisers to the new cast, and that capacity may be coming in to focus now, given Aykroyd's choice of words. In fact, the new sequel may potentially introduce a whole new school of Ghostbusters.

"They'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who'll be learning how to use the psychotron, the accelerators and all the new stuff, the neuron splitter, which is going to be the interplaner, interceptor and all these great tools that they're going to have, to flip from dimension to dimension", Aykroyd explained.

The word 'cadets' would imply some sort of 'academy' for the newbies to be trained in. Whether that was a carefully chosen word or casual summary of the new cast will have to remain to be seen, but it sounds like any new additions to the Ghostbusters universe can look forward to some Ghostbusting boot camp.

< Message edited by Timon -- 21/4/2009 2:48:45 PM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 71
RE: Ghostbusters III: Ghostbuster Academy - 22/4/2009 7:03:04 AM   
Snake-Eyes

Any new GHOSTBUSTERS activity would be welcome - provided the talent is.... well talented!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 72
RE: Ghostbusters III: Ghostbuster Academy - 22/4/2009 4:17:18 PM   
Timon

If one of the new recruits is female, may I suggest Eliza Coupe (Scrubs, Flight of the Conchords). She's great at dead panning and is rather funny.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2255288/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 73
RE: Ghostbusters III: Ghostbuster Academy - 22/4/2009 6:10:29 PM   
Vadersville

Plus she's smokin hot.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 74
RE: Ghostbusters III: Ghostbuster Academy - 22/4/2009 6:57:20 PM   
Monkeyshaver

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I think the reason that I'm actually positive about this, is that interest of hiring random writers, they've got the main writers of the US Office, which whether you like it or not, has produced some of the more witty and entertaining television of recent years and the likes of Ramis and Akyroyd are heavily involved.

Akyroyd has be waxing lyrical about it and I don't blame him. Has he been trying to get a third film off the ground for the past 20 years?!

Sigourney Weaver may still be on the fence about committing to Ghostbusters 3, despite Harold Ramis confidence that everybody from the films original cast said they'd do it. Series star and writer Dan Aykroyd, meanwhile, appeared hopeful that Weaver would return, reiterating her hesitation to sign on, but he also let slip some possible spoilers for the new film, including the nature of the franchise's next wave of Proton Pack wearers.

"When we do the Ghostbusters 3 movie, hopefully, Sigourney will be in it," Aykroyd told a group of reporters at a round-table interview. "I know we'll make that happen. But there will be a whole new generation that has to be trained, and that whole new generation will be led by an individual who you'll all love when you meet him but I'm not going to tell you anything yet."

Ramis said that he and his fellow stars might be acting as mentors or advisers to the new cast, and that capacity may be coming in to focus now, given Aykroyd's choice of words. In fact, the new sequel may potentially introduce a whole new school of Ghostbusters.

"They'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who'll be learning how to use the psychotron, the accelerators and all the new stuff, the neuron splitter, which is going to be the interplaner, interceptor and all these great tools that they're going to have, to flip from dimension to dimension", Aykroyd explained.

The word 'cadets' would imply some sort of 'academy' for the newbies to be trained in. Whether that was a carefully chosen word or casual summary of the new cast will have to remain to be seen, but it sounds like any new additions to the Ghostbusters universe can look forward to some Ghostbusting boot camp.

Ye gods its gonna be Police Academy meets Casper!!

Monkeyshaver is currently watching Doctor Who on the office TV.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 75
GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 20/5/2009 6:36:33 AM   
Snake-Eyes

news from AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41132

ok yeah but I don't know why the hell all these actresses names are being mentioned.

(in reply to Monkeyshaver)
Post #: 76
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 20/5/2009 12:17:27 PM   
Tech_Noir

Still hate this whole "passing the torch" nonesense.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 77
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 20/5/2009 12:27:30 PM   
Timon

They've got Sigourney Weaver back? Score!

Love the idea of Harold Ramis directing and if 'Year One' is a hit, then that might be a cert.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 78
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 21/5/2009 6:33:05 PM   
ky

quote:

Still hate this whole "passing the torch" nonesense.

I hear that, Tech. Our great minds think alike yet again.

Sigourney returning is great. She always managed to fit in with the blokey male cast brilliantly - just like she did in Aliens.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 79
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 22/5/2009 8:57:40 PM   
mlavagna

Any Ghostbusters movie which doesn't star Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson is missing the entire reason why we loved this in the first place.

From a real world story point of view it makes sense that younger people would take over the business however the point is that it just won't make a good movie.

This is simple.

1  Keep the original actors

2  Have them deal with one last supernatural problem. 

3  Make it the last movie in a trilogy.

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 80
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 22/5/2009 9:39:39 PM   
Sphinx

We are forgetting one very vital lesson about time and character - INDY 4!!

Do we want another Mutt Williams type? Is Bill Murray really gonna put on that grey suit and be enthusiastic - Ford seemed out of sorts - are they gonna fuck up the weaver/murray dynamic the way they fucked up Ford/Allen THINK ABOUT IT?

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to mlavagna)
Post #: 81
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 22/5/2009 9:47:53 PM   
ky

quote:

We are forgetting one very vital lesson about time and character - INDY 4!!

Do we want another Mutt Williams type? Is Bill Murray really gonna put on that grey suit and be enthusiastic - Ford seemed out of sorts - are they gonna fuck up the weaver/murray dynamic the way they fucked up Ford/Allen THINK ABOUT IT?

True. Indy 4 should never have happened. Only seen it the once but it felt like a big mistake. Luckily, I don't think it's damaged the three excellent originals - not sure Ghostbusters would survive so well if given a crap third instalment. Continuation in other mediums is great - novels, comics, video games, even animations - but not films.

"You forgot to say please."

Check out my blog, and feel free to post comments:

http://cinemaguts.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 82
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 22/5/2009 9:56:07 PM   
Sphinx

The animation was good, some eps were pretty scary for the young 'un I was back then.  I have reflected on Indy 4 and admit responsibility for being among the thousands of true grit fans that wanted it, completely ignoring common sense and our punishment was just....................watch the wedding scene, the most appalling marital scene I think I've ever seen - OH WHAT A WASTE

Meet The New Boss...Same As The Old Boss

(in reply to ky)
Post #: 83
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 25/5/2009 3:30:50 PM   
Sugarman Treacle

I would love to see a third film of the series, but it should - as mlavagna said, have the original cast with it. Even though a younger generation may do a good job, but it won't be the same thing without Ray, Egon, Peter and Winston holding the proton packs. They were one of the reasons that the first two films were as successful as they were. They couldn't have had a better cast! I really hope we can see all of them for number three - even though all of them are over fifty. I still think they can pull it off.

I'm more worried about the whole "passing the torch-thing" and that maybe the time for Ghostbusters has passed a long time ago. It's clearly not the eighties anymore and it has gone two decades since last time. It's not the same today as it were back in 1989. The biggest hysteria is over by now. I will however still hold my thumbs and keep my eyes open for this one. With the right cast it can't be all bad...

According to IMDb it's scheduled for 2012. Does anyone know if that's comfirmed? "Only" three more years left in that case.

I'm turning turning turning turning turning around, and all that I can see is just a yellow lemmon-tree...

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 84
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 25/5/2009 5:01:15 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sphinx

The animation was good, some eps were pretty scary for the young 'un I was back then.  I have reflected on Indy 4 and admit responsibility for being among the thousands of true grit fans that wanted it, completely ignoring common sense and our punishment was just....................watch the wedding scene, the most appalling marital scene I think I've ever seen - OH WHAT A WASTE

I really felt sorry for Indy. Old and miserable already and now married to a crazy woman who laughs as she drives a truck off a cliff.

The most cringeworthy Indiana Jones scene ever. Compare the endings of the other three, each made me smile and feel good - especially Temple and Crusade.

(in reply to Sphinx)
Post #: 85
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 25/5/2009 6:20:19 PM   
hatebox

The notion of Murray and co. training the usual Apatow clique really doesn't appeal to me. In fact the idea of Apatow making this at all is equally off-putting. His banter-fuelled, plotless comedies already feel dated. 

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 86
RE: GHOSTBUSTERS III Update - 25/5/2009 8:30:34 PM   
JoeyPottr

Nothing beats the original. This remake thing, not too thrilled about it. You can't have another Venkman type this is not Bill Murray, he's the master of deadpan comedy, it just doesn't work. Seth Rogen, Paul Rudd? Sorry not very funny, just annoying.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to hatebox)
Post #: 87
RE: 'Bustin Makes Me Feel Good - 27/5/2009 3:02:41 PM   
Timon

Fuck it, I'm excited! I love the fact that all the four original 'Busters are returning, there will be training of new recruits and the script will hopefully be hilarious.... but then I liked Indy 4, so make of that what you will.

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 88
RE: 'Bustin Makes Me Feel Good - 27/5/2009 3:59:19 PM   
thatlittlemonkey

For people citing precedent over Indy IV, can I just point out that they're being made by different people.  If George Lucas was writing the script, then yeah, I'd be a tad worried ("Ghostbusters vs Midiclorians!").  But I do have faith that the crew are approaching this with the best intentions.  Apart from Murray, Ackroyd's already joked about him only agreeing once the truck full of money is parked in front of the house.

However, can I just say one thing that will likely chill everyone to the bone... Oscar Barrett.  He'll be about 20 now, you know. 

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 89
GHOSTBUSTERS 3 - 9/10/2009 4:04:53 AM   
Snake-Eyes

here's a wee bit of an update I just found - http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/17643

(in reply to thatlittlemonkey)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Please sign up, we can stop this Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI