Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up - 4/10/2007 2:32:36 AM   
alimac

Just think Torros flood would be class and PJs epic battle scenes will just be like the game plus if PJ could get Shore to do the score this could finally get rid of the Video game movie plauge

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 31
RE: Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up - 5/10/2007 9:47:22 PM   
umer_ejaz

Halo is completely dead - it's over, no movie, nothing.

curse those studios

Was really looking forward to this movie.

#9 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 32
RE: Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up - 6/10/2007 1:15:10 AM   
Henry JW

Yeah it's a real shame, I was looking forward to it as well. Especially when I heard Alex Garland was involved with the script.

(in reply to umer_ejaz)
Post #: 33
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 6/10/2007 5:27:35 PM   
JagLover

Very sad news

I doubt the reason it failed was due primarily to the money it would have taken to make it, or the fact that two squabbling studios were involved, it was simply that Bungie wanted some creative control.

The studios would have been happy making a film like Doom. Some dumb actioner, that already has name recognition, but has little in common with the source material except its name. They would most likely have wanted to have some big action star to play the Masterchief, and to lose the helmet after 10 minutes, as in Judge Dredd.

The very fact that Halo had an intelligent storyline made it less likely to be turned into a movie than Resident Evil, or Doom.

(in reply to griffithsad)
Post #: 34
$300 mill already will revive this studios only think a... - 6/10/2007 9:07:00 PM   
alimac

No i didn't see doom i love the games but i dont think its dead the game has grossed $300 mill already and u know what studios are like all they think about is money it will get made eventually just have paitence

Post #: 35
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 6/10/2007 10:15:46 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: JagLover

Very sad news

I doubt the reason it failed was due primarily to the money it would have taken to make it, or the fact that two squabbling studios were involved, it was simply that Bungie wanted some creative control.

The studios would have been happy making a film like Doom. Some dumb actioner, that already has name recognition, but has little in common with the source material except its name. They would most likely have wanted to have some big action star to play the Masterchief, and to lose the helmet after 10 minutes, as in Judge Dredd.

The very fact that Halo had an intelligent storyline made it less likely to be turned into a movie than Resident Evil, or Doom.

Lets not get carried away here. There were some intresting bits such as the aliens being on a religious crusade, but Halo isn't really all that different from something like Doom or Quake and I would hope that if a film is made they remember to make it fun.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 36
Halo Trilogy in one - 6/10/2007 10:54:17 PM   
riothejedi

Maybe now Halo 3 has made such a massive amount of money they'll set about making the film.

I reckon Halo could be good, all they need to do is fill it with the kind of creeping fear you get when you're wondering around the level, half the covenant are dead, you haven't met the flood yet and you're wondering what the hell is about to jump out at you. :)

Some jaw-dropping set pieces wouldn't go a miss either. Remember the giant alien terraforming rooms of Total Recall? The film was not so good, but that room looked cool.

Sleep is a precious thing.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 37
Good on Bungie for stopping it becoming another doom - 7/10/2007 7:23:50 PM   
alimac

Long live bungie if its true they stoped the filmed gettting made because they didn't want it to be another doom then good for them rather keep it as greats games than another doom

Post #: 38
RE: Good on Bungie for stopping it becoming another doom - 8/10/2007 11:27:55 PM   
the anomaly

Considering the story in the game is so random
they pretty much have free reign to do what
they want. This could be good but it will be
poor

< Message edited by the anomaly -- 8/10/2007 11:28:26 PM >

(in reply to alimac)
Post #: 39
RE: Halo - 9/10/2007 11:57:23 AM   
Topher182

is this film actually happening or is a rumour? cause if its true i am looking VERY forward to it! love the games! even love just watching other ppl play it!

If I Had My Own World...I'd Build An Empire

Post #: 40
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 9/10/2007 12:05:38 PM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: JagLover

Very sad news

The studios would have been happy making a film like Doom. Some dumb actioner, that already has name recognition, but has little in common with the source material except its name. They would most likely have wanted to have†some big action star to play†the Masterchief, and to lose the helmet after 10 minutes, as in Judge†Dredd.

Lets not get carried away here. There were some intresting bits such as the aliens being on a religious crusade, but Halo isn't really all that different from something like Doom†or Quake and I would hope that if a film is made they remember to make it fun.

No way, both of those games, as good as they are could have thier plots written on the back of a cigarette pack (an they probably were). Halo's plot isnt world busting but for an FPS its perfect, just enough meat to make it feel epic without being too complicated. The storys one of the games strongest points.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 41
- 9/10/2007 7:12:56 PM   
alimac

Halo rules only ppl who don't own a copy are just jealus because their old .Long live Bungie

Post #: 42
Halo movie - 12/10/2007 4:42:58 PM   
rob jonez

This film if they get the money for it will be immense but i think they will be underbudgetted nd it will b turned into a shit film like doom but it will still make money because ppl would still wanna c it as its halo

Post #: 43
microsoft - 15/10/2007 10:12:28 AM   
joe88

I dont know if anyones heard, or posted bout it. but i heard microsoft might be stepping in to help. i read somewhere on the internet, but like most of the rumours, it could be a load of lies.
but lets hope not

Post #: 44
- 15/10/2007 7:17:30 PM   
alimac

i hope they step in mean how much money do they have there insanely rich they could start Microsoft films

Post #: 45
it WILL happen - 15/10/2007 11:14:51 PM   
the chimp

this film needs to be made. the games are great and the books an enjoyable read. bungie have done something quite rare, thats make a game with a universe thats perfectly suited for film. we have our central hero, master chief, a heroine, cortana and a race of bad guys, the covenant. all it needs is a decent bad guy to rival the chief.

jackson would have done this justice, like em or loathe em, there's no denying the quality of the lotr films or kong. he has vision, and isin't afraid to aim high in his battle sequences (something halo would really need). bungie SHOULD be involved, halo and the chief are there baby. with there input it could make the difference between an ok film and a great film. now the original trilogy is over i have a feeling the halo film will go ahead faster then most people expect......

Post #: 46
- 24/10/2007 9:23:06 AM   
Jubba

Live Action Halo mini-film
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wfm5KFjDXQ

Watch this one, then watch the linked ones which say they are official as these will give you the other parts. Awesome.

On the back of this someone HAS to make this into a feature film!

Please?

Post #: 47
Please talk to someone - 7/2/2008 10:46:16 PM   
Mr_Anderson

I think that the part of johnson should be played by none other than samuel l jackson, he is perfect for the part, he has the look, the attitude and the tallant to be the a better johnson than johnson.

Try and mention to the casting people see what they think.

my email - seanistheking@hotmail.com

Post #: 48
- 15/3/2008 11:23:07 AM   
Bond11

even though, most video game movies end up rubbish!

But there are some that make it through, resident Evil! that use to be a game and it's a great film.

If peter jackson is behind the wheel! it will definatley turn out great

Post #: 49
- 17/5/2008 5:31:20 PM   
IsabelB

i recently discovered a website that has exclusive pictures for the films showing the warthog and props. oh yeah and theres some pages from the current script. if you want to see, go to halo.moviechronicles.com

Post #: 50
HALO - 4/8/2008 7:15:13 PM   
RZfilmfan

This should be handled with extreme care! Halo is the ultimate game and would be the ultimate action/ sci-fi movie ... we need someone great to work on such a project... may i say ..fuck alex garland off.. he is not good enough im sorry!
directors../ peter jackson ? .. guiellrmo del toro? chris nolan? robert rodriguez wouldnt be too bad! but please someone well known and who we know wont royally fuck this up! please please no more doom or fucking silent hill or DOA what a load of complete shit ! so please anyone in the whole movie buissness would you please listen to propa fans of the amazing game!

Anybody agree with me?

Post #: 51
1 word hype - 11/9/2008 5:32:44 PM   
Hamsterwalt

This will be shite

Post #: 52
RE: Halo Becomes District 9? - 29/1/2009 9:26:40 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

It's a shame Universal ditched HALO due to budget constraits because the director that Peter Jackson lined up for the gig, Neill Blomkamp directed a live action trailer/cut scene for Halo 3 and it looks goooood.

Click here and enter your date of birth (not my rules!)
For the record, I reckon this could have been the computer game adaption that would have broken the bad run of them. It looks awesome, a hi-tech Aliens if you will.

Blomkamp also directed this short film, Alive In Joburg, that shows what kind of vision this guy had.

Click here to see it

Not bad for a computer programmer I think you'll agree.

Has everyone seen the new Empire regarding District 9 aka 'The new Cloverfield', that could be a big screen spin off or adaptation of Blomkamp's Alive In Joburg?

< Message edited by Timon -- 29/1/2009 1:10:33 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 53
RE: Halo Becomes District 9? - 29/1/2009 1:11:00 PM   
Timon

http://d-9.com/

http://www.multinationalunited.com/

http://www.mnuspreadslies.com/

http://www.mathsfromouterspace.com

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 54
RE: Halo Becomes District 9? - 29/1/2009 1:46:30 PM   
Mr Terrific

quote:

http://d-9.com/

http://www.multinationalunited.com/

http://www.mnuspreadslies.com/

http://www.mathsfromouterspace.com

Looks interesting. Has some potential!

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 55
RE: District 9 - 3/2/2009 3:35:00 PM   
Timon

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/07/30/next-big-viral-neill-blomkamps-district-9-for-humans-only/

Very interesting. Like those banners.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 56
RE: District 9 - 2/4/2009 9:14:41 AM   
Timon

Day 2 of ShoWest in Las Vegas kicked off with a special presentation from Sony Pictures, showcasing their Summer 2009 line-up, but among the new and previously-released footage shown, the clear standout was the first look at footage from Neil Blomkamp's District 9, produced by Peter Jackson, which comes out on August 14. Not a lot has been revealed about the plot of the movie except that it deals with aliens living among us, but the film clearly has a feel not unlike Alfonso Cuaron's Children of Men if it were mixed with Men in Black. (Incidentally, earlier in the presentation, Sony's President of Worldwide Distribution, mentioned that another installment of Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones' "Men in Black" series is on the way, probably shooting for 2011, along with Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 and a third installment of "Ghostbusters" that had already been in the pipeline.)T

he District 9 footage opens with an aerial shot of slums that look not unlike the Brazilian favelas from City of God with various people being interviewed as they talk negatively about immigrants (seemingly) with taglines stating "They are not accepted" and "They are not welcome." The footage, mostly shot using handheld camera to make it look like a documentary ala Cloverfield or The Blair Witch Project, continues for a few minutes before it cuts to a shot of an enormous alien spacecraft flanked by helicopters hovering over the slums and the next title card reads, "They are not human." ("Human" is colored in red for added effect.)A voiceover tells us that this slum is District 9, an area where aliens have been separated from the humans after arriving there 28 years ago, since people are still scared and can't trust them.

We then meet Sharlto Copley's Wikus, a government agent with the "MNU" (Multi-National United) traveling into District 9 with a number of armed men. He knocks on one door which has a piece of paper stapled to it, the door opens and there's a large insectoid alien creature with a face that looks somewhat "Predator"-like. Lucas tells him that he has to leave. Yes, apparently, that's an eviction notice on the door, but the creature is not too happy about it, squealing at the men then leaping up to the rooftops.

A little later, Wikus is showing some alien weapons to the cameraman filming him and among them, he finds a canister with alien writing on it, something he's never seen before. He doesn't think it's a weapon, but he then accidentally sprays himself in the face with a black substance from within the can. He's doing another on-camera interview later and black stuff starts coming from out of his nostrils, and we learn from the voiceover that he's become infected by alien biotechnology, as government scientists begin to study and probe Wikus, knowing that the biotech within him is an invaluable discovery.

They seem to be less concerned with his survival, as they are about harvesting from him anything they can. We then start to see Wikus changing and evolving into something more like an alien, and he is talking face-to-face with another older-looking alien creature about how he's starting to see first-hand how they've been treated and he's going to do something about it. These aliens look very cool, by the way, CG for sure, but more insect-like than the typical "little grey men."The latter part of the footage involves a bit of action, more shots of that giant alien spacecraft and way too much to keep track of, but it was all cut together using familiar music from Danny Boyle's 28 Days Later (Godspeed You Black Emperor's "East Hastings").

In fact, that's probably another viable comparison that could be brought to the mix, as this seems like a similarly intelligent twist on an overused sci-fi genre that deals realistically with how humans might interact with aliens among us. Wikus looks to be our eyes into this world, a human who suddenly finds himself changing into an alien and discovering what they've had to face all those years. The footage ends hauntingly with him saying, "I want everyone to learn from what's happened here."Earlier, it was announced that there would be a teaser or trailer appearing very soon, presumably with Angels and Demons in mid-May

< Message edited by Timon -- 2/4/2009 9:18:00 AM >

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 57
RE: District 9 - 27/4/2009 2:21:37 PM   
Timon

First Image from District 9!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/18/first-look-neill-blomkamps-district-9/

Mods, is there any way to change the Halo thread into a District 9 thread seeing as Halo is now officially dead?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 58
District 9 and the future of Halo - 27/4/2009 2:36:38 PM   
pete_traynor

Peter Jackson has been very adamant that Halo isnít dead and that it will happen at some point. If Blomkamp proves he is capable with a budget with District 9 and the box office numbers are good Iím sure weíll see Halo go back into production and on our screens, hopefully in 2012. With the first day sales of Halo 3 eclipsing all other games in history (except GTA4 but that had a multi platform release to fall back on) I find it almost impossible to believe it will never make it to the screen. And with the imminent release of Halo 3 ODST on the 360 expect the whole on/off thing to kick off again come autumn:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43143.html

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 59
RE: District 9 and the future of Halo - 27/4/2009 2:42:00 PM   
elab49

I'm impressed they got all the way through the intro without once mentioning Alien Nation

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Halo can work but only if Dell torro and PJ team up Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI