Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Halo - 25/10/2005 4:59:03 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 16/1/2006 10:59:28 AM   
1st_molecule

If the Halo film is done properly, it could be the best film ever for. But the chances of getting it right is stacked against them: Bungie themselves cocked up Halo 2 artistically. PLEASE DEL TORO, GO AND MAKE HELLBOY 2! I would even prefer Michael Bay! It seems most of us fan boys won't be satistied unless Peter Jackson himself directs. If the story had been made into a film 20 years (the like of CGI would be a Blessing) ago, with some one like Ridley Scott or James Cameron, it would have been perfect.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 16/1/2006 11:00:23 AM   
1st_molecule

If the Halo film is done properly, it could be the best film ever for. But the chances of getting it right is stacked against them: Bungie themselves cocked up Halo 2 artistically. PLEASE DEL TORO, GO AND MAKE HELLBOY 2! I would even prefer Michael Bay! It seems most of us fan boys won't be satistied unless Peter Jackson himself directs. If the story had been made into a film 20 years (the like of CGI would be a Blessing) ago, with some one like Ridley Scott or James Cameron, it would have been perfect. Make it entertaining...

Post #: 3
Could be amazing - 15/2/2006 9:27:55 PM   
zonymous

Seriously, if they keep the plotline of the game, this can make an AMAZING film. My favourite aspect of Halo is it's unbelievably good story (even more so in Halo 2, which if this is a success, will hopefully be done)

On the other hand, I have my worries. I read on another site the possibility that the story could be a spin-off. I really don't want that. I just want a faithful (of course, toning down the guns and violence, and making it more story driven) adaption of Halo. If I get that I would be very very pleased. But an unfaithful adaption would be awful

Post #: 4
- 22/3/2006 12:18:09 PM   
bananahammock88

Does anyone else think they should give up this game-to-film malarkey? It just doesn't work. And I'd hate to see the fans of the game get really angry and start rioting. You want to keep them happy.

Post #: 5
Halo movie - 20/6/2006 7:27:19 PM   
RZfilmfan

This movie will no doubt be the best game to film movie eva made because to be honest all the other game to film movies were shite. but peter jackson having even a tiny role in makin da movie is a great sign guillmero del toro would not be the worst choice but wouldnt be the best either so we will just have to wait and see

Post #: 6
- 30/6/2006 6:23:10 PM   
acurrie

first person shooter games make SH!T films, why has hollywood not woken up to this

Post #: 7
RE: Halo - 12/7/2006 8:44:44 AM   
Timon

According to both Dark Horizons and IGN Filmforce, we could have an Oscar Winner as Master Chief.

Oscar winner Denzel Washington is rumored to be up for the role of "Master Chief" in Fox/Universal's film version of the Microsoft/Bungie videogame sensation Halo. That's according to the Dark Horizons movie news website.

The site did not cite a source for the rumor, which comes on the heels of the news reported earlier this month by the Associated Press that Washington had met with filmmaker Peter Jackson in New Zealand to discuss working together.

Jackson is exec producing
Halo. The AP claimed that Washington would direct an unspecified project that Jackson's Weta special effects house would do the visual effects for.

Halo was scripted by Alex Garland. There is no director set yet for the project, although
Guillermo Del Toro has been rumored for the job
 Treat it as rumour but it could work. Washington has a voice dripping in authority and power.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to acurrie)
Post #: 8
RE: Halo - 12/7/2006 12:05:38 PM   
doa1984

im worried we might get another judge dredd situation where the actor demands that the helmet be taken off

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 9
RE: Halo - 12/7/2006 4:44:41 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

I've never played the games but looking at the storylines it could be amazing, especially with Garland and Jackson behind it.

The whole thing about Master Chief's helmet: the point of the games really is that *you* are the character. On screen you need an actor to engage.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to doa1984)
Post #: 10
RE: Halo - 12/7/2006 5:40:57 PM   
zombiemaster

If they do this right it could  become a classic also i was wondering with all the violence in the halo game would they make this a 15 or a 18

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 11
RE: Halo - 14/7/2006 7:44:39 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Like I said, I've not played the Halo game but what violence is it? Realistic, splatter, what?

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to zombiemaster)
Post #: 12
RE: Halo - 15/7/2006 10:02:01 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

Like I said, I've not played the Halo game but what violence is it? Realistic, splatter, what?

Not over the top. Get a plasma weapon and I think there is no blood, it just burn the enemies. This what the badguys will use. Bullet weapons create a lot of blood and I do mean a lot due to the amount of enemies on the screen. Shotgun the flood and their limbs will be shot off and explosive sometimes explode enemis into a pile of blood. That with a direct hit of course.

I say SMGs are relistic enough but sniper rifle, shotgun and assualt rifle to non flood enemies not relistic enough, not graphic enough.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 15/7/2006 10:04:45 PM >

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 13
If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, you ... - 2/8/2006 1:10:31 PM   
griffithsad

If you are of the opinion this movie will be worth watching, then you must have also marvelled over the greatness of Doom the movie.

Computers games into movies, movies into computer games, dosen't work.

Post #: 14
- 26/9/2006 10:38:06 PM   
toto

the film will work if they approach it as a war film based on a game

Post #: 15
Halo - 19/10/2006 8:28:36 PM   
owlboy3011

I can't wait for the Halo film i love the games and ive just finished reading fall of reach and its gotten me all excited for the film lol

Post #: 16
Halo - 19/10/2006 8:31:24 PM   
owlboy3011

I can't wait for the Halo film i love the games and ive just finished reading fall of reach and its gotten me all excited for the film lol

Post #: 17
THIS WILL PWN I KNOW IT WILL, THIS PROVES PS2 SUCKS - 8/11/2006 8:40:54 PM   
Lolzords

O YEH I HAVE COLLECTED A POLL OF 2 PEOPLE AND WE AGREE THAT SRGT JOHNSON SHOULD BE PLAYED BY SAMUAL L JACKSON, OOO RAH! OF COURSE STALLONE TO PLAY MASTER CHIEF. THIS WILL TOTALLY PWN AND WILL HOPEFULLY HAVE AND ACE FIRST PERSON SEQUENCE, WITH THE SHOTGUN KILLING FLOOD. OWNAGE. PWN3D.

Post #: 18
THE SOUNDTRACK - 8/11/2006 8:43:08 PM   
Lolzords

ITS SO OBVIOUS THE SOUNDTRACK TO THIS SHOULD BE ANTHRAX - I'M THE MAN. AND MEGADEATH - PEACE SELLS. PWNAGE

Post #: 19
RE: Halo - 11/7/2007 10:15:24 PM   
Timon

It's a shame Universal ditched HALO due to budget constraits because the director that Peter Jackson lined up for the gig, Neill Blomkamp directed a live action trailer/cut scene for Halo 3 and it looks goooood.

Click here and enter your date of birth (not my rules!)
For the record, I reckon this could have been the computer game adaption that would have broken the bad run of them. It looks awesome, a hi-tech Aliens if you will.

Blomkamp also directed this short film, Alive In Joburg, that shows what kind of vision this guy had.

Click here to see it

Not bad for a computer programmer I think you'll agree.

< Message edited by Timon -- 11/7/2007 10:16:13 PM >

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 20
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 12/7/2007 12:51:24 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: griffithsad

If you are of the opinion this movie will be worth watching, then you must have also marvelled over the greatness of Doom the movie.

But I liked Doom....

Halo has nothing to offer people who have seen Aliens and Starship Troopers. However as the Alien franchise seems determined to make sure we never get another film set in the 'Aliens' period in that universe while Starship Troopers is now DTV (Part three is out this year - aren't we lucky!) then I say why not. I wouldn't mind seeing a large scale sci-fi war movie done well.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to griffithsad)
Post #: 21
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 12/7/2007 10:54:38 AM   
JagLover

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: griffithsad

But I liked Doom....

Halo has nothing to offer people who have seen Aliens and Starship Troopers. However as the Alien franchise seems determined to make sure we never get another film set in the 'Aliens' period in that universe while Starship Troopers is now DTV (Part three is out this year - aren't we lucky!) then I say why not. I wouldn't mind seeing a large scale sci-fi war movie done well.

IMO the basic premise of Halo, that mankind is under attack by a technologically superior alien civilisation which wants to wipe us out because we are heretics, is superior to both Aliens and Starship Troopers.

It had the potential to be great and they could have explored the background of the Masterchief. Has he voluntarily sacrificed part of his humanity to become this cyborg killing machine?

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 22
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 14/7/2007 8:04:57 AM   
DaveNewman18

God I spent ages on Halo 1 + 2, epic games, don't expect much from the films though, although I could be suprised.

Twitter: @davenewmanexp
Follow me if you dare ;)

(in reply to JagLover)
Post #: 23
RE: If you are of the opinion this movie will be good, ... - 15/7/2007 8:56:17 PM   
Horror Nut

It could be good, hoping that it will be. Here's to hoping that it doesn't suck as much as the more recent computer game adaptions.

"Justin, someone just came on your cat".

"It's impossible to reconcile. It's kind of in a purgatory of it's own: you're not in heaven, you're not in hell......you're in Hollywood".

The New and Improved Horror Nut.......in 3D!!!

(in reply to DaveNewman18)
Post #: 24
This sucks Halo pstponed! - 31/7/2007 6:01:04 AM   
Darkkhaosdragon

It is indeed a damn freaking shame that the people at Universal and Fox studios dropped Halo. But you have got to think why on earth woud these crack heads do something like this. Come on man Hollywood is curently producing terrible movies,but some are good at least like 300, and Transformer's, but most are just mind numbingly bad. Hollywood is falling man and they need to start doing better with movies that they produce. Movies like Reno 911, Hot Rod, and the Bratz movie, DAMN man terrible work HOLLYWOOD and those movies have no effing right to be produced what so ever America is suffering mentally already and doesn't need anymore movies to influence mind killing!!!!! But i'm sure with Peter Jackson working on the Halo movie things will turn out t be literally picture perfect. Foreword Mr. Jackson may the force be with him throught this endavour.

Post #: 25
- 6/8/2007 11:37:32 PM   
Tony Soprano

it will happen the game is too popular for the studios to leave a bet when the third game comes out and because gta 4 is deleyed till next year it will sell millions across the globe and the studios will think maybe wee should cash in aswell

Post #: 26
RE: - 26/9/2007 3:59:27 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

I think todays release of Halo 3 will relaunch this project.

I hope they go for a slighly more charicter driven piece than all out action.  With the story line (and the filling in novels) it could be something special with great effects, set pieces and engaging storyline.  However I fully expect a film by numbers set piece followed by setpiece type flick.

Personally I would like Danny Boyle to be let loose on this with a big budget but I can't see it.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Tony Soprano)
Post #: 27
RE: RE: - 26/9/2007 4:29:48 PM   
jonson

I've got Halo on my Xbox. I spent about 10 straight hours trying to get past the crashed ship and couldn't. I hope the movie isn't based on my experience as it will be shit boring. 

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 28
RE: RE: - 27/9/2007 11:56:19 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I've got Halo on my Xbox. I spent about 10 straight hours trying to get past the crashed ship and couldn't. I hope the movie isn't based on my experience as it will be shit boring. 

but piss funny.

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 29
RE: RE: - 28/9/2007 10:22:46 AM   
BigKovacs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

I think todays release of Halo 3 will relaunch this project.

I hope they go for a slighly more charicter driven piece than all out action.  With the story line (and the filling in novels) it could be something special with great effects, set pieces and engaging storyline.  However I fully expect a film by numbers set piece followed by setpiece type flick.

Personally I would like Danny Boyle to be let loose on this with a big budget but I can't see it.

Exactly. The Halo storyline could move nicely to the big screen but you'd need a summer blockbuster sized budget and studio execs would never sink that kind of money into a game based film. It's a real shame. It's bound to be Doom with a Master Chief suit in it.

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Halo Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI