Justice League

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Justice League Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Justice League - 2/8/2006 6:46:51 PM   
Zaphod121

Did anybody watch this, I love it, Green Lantern and Batman are my faves, I love the 2 parter Hearts and Minds, when you see those two Green Lanterns get killed, that was awesome, oh and those eps A better world, with the Justice lords, they killed Lex Luthor, how cool is that. I think I preferd it when it went Unlimited, Green Arrow and was Supergirl were my favorite editions when it went Unlimited , so does anybody except me like Justice League
Post #: 1
RE: Justice League - 2/8/2006 7:27:56 PM   
The Captain

check out the av and you have your answer

<------------------------------------

I loved the show and as i have already pointed out thought that it lost something when it went to Unlimited ! It never had the same feel about it and the stories never had the two parters to give them the time they needed . A better world was a brilliant story but the highlights of both series have to be for me Hereafter and without a doubt Starcrossed .

A stunning series .

" I would have followed you to the end , to the very fires of morder "

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Justice League - 2/8/2006 8:38:12 PM   
swan

yeah i used to watch it it was snazzy i liked the unjustice league they were cool!

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to The Captain)
Post #: 3
RE: Justice League - 3/8/2006 12:11:09 PM   
Zaphod121

the joker was always my favorite bad guy, I love him in the episodes were he goes to Las Vegas, and its kind of in real time, that was cool.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 4
RE: Justice League - 18/5/2007 5:47:29 PM   
Zaphod121

I'm gonna try bumping this thread, anymore fans out there?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 5
RE: Justice League - 18/5/2007 5:59:55 PM   
the anomaly

I am not a huge fan but its good.
I hate the way superman is always depowered though.
Also...Batman dodging the "Omega Beam"!
Good voice actors who take the material seriously is also a plus.
I always used to catch the same few episodes though which was annoying.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 6
RE: Justice League - 18/5/2007 7:37:08 PM   
My Life in Pictures

I love it. Stopped watching it a while back but I can't remember why.

Last one I watched was the Batman Beyond Epilogue at the end of Season 2. That season was amazing. I loved how there was a season arc. At first I prefered the original Justice League's because the 2-part episodes but then Unlimited topped it with that season.

Might start Season 3 now actually.

(in reply to the anomaly)
Post #: 7
RE: Justice League - 18/5/2007 7:54:42 PM   
Spartacus

I remember spending a week getting hold of every episode of this and loved every minute of it. Is it wrong that I found Hawkgirl really attractive even though she had wings?

Need to try and get hold of the dvd's of this now

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 8
RE: Justice League - 18/5/2007 10:50:53 PM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

I love it. Stopped watching it a while back but I can't remember why.

Last one I watched was the Batman Beyond Epilogue at the end of Season 2. That season was amazing. I loved how there was a season arc. At first I prefered the original Justice League's because the 2-part episodes but then Unlimited topped it with that season.

Might start Season 3 now actually.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who loves the show, I love the way the Better Tomorrow episdoes set up the the whole Cadmas arc for JLU, IMO it realy is one of the best animated cartoons (of course Batman: TAS is better), I also loved it when Batman became the first person to dodge Darkseid's eye beam thingys, that was cool.

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 9
RE: Justice League - 18/7/2009 6:47:46 AM   
Snake-Eyes

JUSTICE LEAGUE and JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED.... where do I begin? I LOVE THIS CARTOON! It's easily THE best ever comic-based series. I'm a total junkie for all of the 'Timm-verse' cartoons; BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES, SUPERMAN, BATMAN BEYOND and these. what is so cool is that they are all in the same continuity (characters and situations from season one of SUPERMAN: TAS will be referenced in JUSTICE LEAGUE for example). The characterisations are spot on - gotta love Michael (SMALLVILLE) Rosenbaum's Fun-lovin' FLASH!  I love the interactions and relationships of the characters - so well done and believable (most big budget, live-action comic adaptations fail to capture a sense of believability or sympathy for their characters). I wish MARVEL characters were this well done in animated form.  Another one of my favourite characters is Lex Luthor voiced by Clancy Brown; this is exactly how bad-ass Luthor should be and not that twat-like nobody that Kevin Spacey played when Superman returned.

There are so many characters from the DC Universe that are, shall we say, lesser known to the average viewer such as The Question (voiced to perfection by Jeffrey (RE-ANIMATOR) Combs, the gun-slinger Vigilante (Nathan Fillon), Captain Atom, Vixen and loads more that shine in this series.

I'm so gutted that there were only a total of four JL seasons! Nothing but love for this, one of my all time favourites.

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 10
RE: Justice League - 18/7/2009 10:29:09 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: Snake-Eyes

I'm so gutted that there were only a total of four JL seasons! Nothing but love for this, one of my all time favourites.

Actaully there were 5 seasons, 2 of the normal JL and 3 of JLU, just the dvd weren't released that way. Good to see some more love for the show though.

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 11
RE: Justice League - 18/7/2009 12:41:41 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spartacus

I remember spending a week getting hold of every episode of this and loved every minute of it. Is it wrong that I found Hawkgirl really attractive even though she had wings?

Need to try and get hold of the dvd's of this now

Not at all she was pretty fit, especially in the yellow outfit. I've not watched all the episodes but I have seen most- I think its a a quality programme

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 12
RE: Justice League - 18/7/2009 12:59:25 PM   
SWOTBM

This is cartoon is only second to Batman TAS, although some of the JLA Unlimited episodes were a bit boring.  Most of the positives have already been mentioned, but Timm & co. have an uncanny ability to get every character they include spot on; the main JLA, the villains, supporting characters etc.Some of my favourite episodes are:

The Enemy Below

The Terror Beyond: Aquaman's line at the end of this episode is awesome, makes the episode one of my favs

Hereafter: I really liked the way Vandal Savage was done in this series, and without putting in too many spoilers it was just a good examination of the team dynamic and the importance of Superman

Secret Origins and Starcrossed were both very cool too

PSN: light_brigade
Gamertag: chauders

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Justice League Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI