Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Millennium

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Millennium Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Millennium - 1/8/2006 9:03:48 AM   
Da Big Cheese

Morning all

About 2 months ago, I saw a trailer for upcoming programs on ITV4, and one of them was Chris Carter's show Millenium (which was the dogs bollocks.) However, I've been checking since then and there's been no sign of it. All it said was "coming soon," so it really wasn't much help. Does anyone know what ITV4 are playing at? Or know what I'm rambling on about, even...?

Any help will be much appreciated

< Message edited by Captain Black -- 16/5/2007 10:36:07 PM >

Trust No One
Post #: 1
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 1/8/2006 9:09:19 AM   
Hobbitonlass

Found this on a random forum

quote:

Television viewers in the UK may have recently noticed a new promotion for ITV4 and the the charming face of Frank Black gazing back at them across their living rooms. ITV4 will be screening Millennium later this year as part of its Autumn schedule, hopefully introducing a new generation of fans who will seek out the series on DVD and on the Internet. For those who don't yet own the series on DVD, we'll reveal the scheduling dates of the repeated episodes as soon as they are known. Meanwhile thanks to Chris for his efforts in trying to find out when ITV4 will air the series (hopefully not at 4am!):

From ITV4
Thank you for your email.
We will screen Millennium later in the year. However, we have no scheduling details at present.
Iím sorry I canít offer further information at this time.
Regards,
Duty Officer

Depending on the time I will probably watch this as I loved the series but then again I have all series on DVD so can watch whenever I like

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Da Big Cheese)
Post #: 2
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 1/8/2006 9:47:54 AM   
belluccisbra

I really liked this 1st time round i keep meaning to buy the DVD's but never get round to it, so im gonna keep my eyes peeled for when this starts

Exterminate all rational thought

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 3
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 1/8/2006 12:58:32 PM   
Zatoichi

Woo! Awesome.

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."
"Scully, are you coming on to me?"

(in reply to belluccisbra)
Post #: 4
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 1/8/2006 3:20:20 PM   
Da Big Cheese

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

Found this on a random forum

quote:

Television viewers in the UK may have recently noticed a new promotion for ITV4 and the the charming face of Frank Black gazing back at them across their living rooms. ITV4 will be screening Millennium later this year as part of its Autumn schedule, hopefully introducing a new generation of fans who will seek out the series on DVD and on the Internet. For those who don't yet own the series on DVD, we'll reveal the scheduling dates of the repeated episodes as soon as they are known. Meanwhile thanks to Chris for his efforts in trying to find out when ITV4 will air the series (hopefully not at 4am!):

From ITV4
Thank you for your email.
We will screen Millennium later in the year. However, we have no scheduling details at present.
I'm sorry I can't offer further information at this time.
Regards,
Duty Officer

Depending on the time I will probably watch this as I loved the series but then again I have all series on DVD so can watch whenever I like

Coolsome, thanks. I'm moving away in September so I'll have to buy a freeview box to watch this. I never remember it being on first time around, but I bought a couple of videos of it from a charity shop and enjoyed it.

Thanks again

Trust No One

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 5
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 2/8/2006 5:04:08 PM   
adamdavey

The best series ever.....

Don't believe those who say that it went downhill.

All 3 seasons were superb in different ways.

I last watched it on the sci fi channel - used to video it before I got Sky+

I remember not wanting to watch the last episode cos I knew that there wouldn't be anymore after that.

Anyone who hasn't seen this before - make sure you watch it

Clarence, I Like you.........always have, always will.......

Post #: 6
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 6/8/2006 8:25:00 PM   
elab49

Starts next Saturday - I think they said 9pm.

Certainly still watchable given the lead - but the final series was a mess and that started 2/3 of the way through season 2 when they clearly couldn't decide where they were going.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to adamdavey)
Post #: 7
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 12/8/2006 11:46:13 AM   
Zatoichi

Starts tonight, folks!

9pm

"You're so consumed by your personal vengeance against life, whether it be its inherent cruelties or its mysteries, that everything takes on a warped significance to fit your meglo-maniacal cosmology."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 8
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 12/8/2006 12:54:56 PM   
Da Big Cheese

Thanks for the heads up, Zatoichi

Trust No One

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 9
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 12/8/2006 10:06:28 PM   
Zatoichi

That was great. The teaser and "buried alive" scene were two of the creepiest things I can recall seeing on TV. And I'm really liking Lance Henriksen as Frank Black.

A very good start indeed.

Post #: 10
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 13/8/2006 10:45:31 PM   
Da Big Cheese

That scene with the coffin was especially creepy. I agree with the detective, it's one of the most terrifying things I've seen too. I'll definately continue with this next week

Trust No One

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 11
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 15/8/2006 6:05:35 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I've just seen the first episode. Very promising indeed, and like others have said, the "buried alive" scene was particularly creepy.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

Post #: 12
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 15/8/2006 4:37:20 PM   
Mogwai

Thought it was a OK first episode, didn't really fulfil its potential but of course first episode and everything. Also it was funny seeing Terry O'Quinn (Locke from Lost) with a moustache. He seems to be in everything...

http://damnedconjuror.wordpress.com/ - My Blog

I was cut from her belly
With a stanley knife
My daddy did a jig
With the drunk midwife

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 13
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 15/8/2006 6:36:38 PM   
Da Big Cheese

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mogwai

Thought it was a OK first episode, didn't really fulfil its potential but of course first episode and everything. Also it was funny seeing Terry O'Quinn (Locke from Lost) with a moustache. He seems to be in everything...

Yea, he kinda became a Chris Carter favourate. It's funny, everyone sees him as "Locke from Lost" but I'll still see him as "that super soldier bloke"

Trust No One

(in reply to Mogwai)
Post #: 14
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 19/8/2006 8:31:28 PM   
Zatoichi

Second episode in half an hour, folks...

Post #: 15
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 20/8/2006 9:41:45 AM   
Captain Black

I remember being pretty excited when I first heard about this back in, when was it, '96? When The X-Files was probably at its peak in terms of general awareness. Never really got into it at the time, as I think ITV got the rights and broadcast it at preposterous hours, but I've been quietly impressed by these first few episodes. Henrikson is ideally cast (and probably due a return to the small screen sometime soon given how it's helped other fine actors of his ilk in recent years) and the character is an interesting concept, though (to bring back the X-Files comparison) by nature of his character feeling somewhat cursed by his abilities, suffers in comparison to Mulder's determination and energy.

It's pretty gripping stiff and is one of those transitional mid-90s shows that brought the medium that bit closer to film in terms of production values. It is however, pretty damn bleak, and without the streak of humour that helped to elevate The X-Files, I can see why it only went for three years.

I know roughly what happens in subsequent seasons, so I'll be interested to see how that all develops. Anyone know if ITV4 have all the seasons or just this one?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Zatoichi)
Post #: 16
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 22/8/2006 10:01:20 PM   
Da Big Cheese

I was wondering that myself, whether ITV4 are going to show all 3 seasons. Did they show all 3 originally?

Trust No One

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 17
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 22/8/2006 10:22:11 PM   
Captain Black

My hazy memory says no, but that doesn't really matter. ITV have purchased the rights to a bunch of old shows in their entirety for their digital channels that weren't even shown on ITV originally, Due South and Quantum Leap to name just two . Having said that, both of those shows were on ITV3 and broadcast nightly, so that might factor into it, the schedulers would want something with a greater number of episodes to pad things out. A lot depends on how exactly the rights are sold by the show owners; either as a complete set of all seasons or as individuals. Fingers crossed it's the former. Sorry, I've written a lot without answering anything there, haven't I?

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

Post #: 18
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 22/2/2007 1:05:19 PM   
Zaphod121

I'm bumping this thread because some unamed moderater locked my thread. Millennium definitly has one of my favorite pilots, anyone agree?

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 19
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 16/5/2007 10:19:43 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

The pilot is very good. I've seen the first 2 seasons, haven't gotten around to watching 3 yet, heard it's not great.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 20
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 16/5/2007 10:23:06 PM   
Zaphod121

3 is pretty good, not amazing, but worth watching

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 21
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 17/5/2007 8:47:21 AM   
adamdavey

season 3 has some of the best (and worst episodes) of the lot.

THe last few episodes are fantastic and its a real shame that the show never continued on TV - however if you google the show, you can find a 'virtual' fourth season written by fans.

Haven't had a chance to read any of them yet but by all accounts they are pretty good.

Back to the TV show - check out the 3rd Season episode 'Omerta' which is one of the best pieces of TV ever - its a nive light/ feelgood episode with a haunting soundtrack. 

One final thing, if any of you have seen the season 2 finale, the 10 minute 'trip' scene is just amazing. I can not think of any other piece of TV work like it.

ANy other fans or theories, please post back

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 22
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 17/5/2007 10:42:21 AM   
stuartbannerman

I seem to recall that ITV didnt show Season 3, either that or they just treated that season like crap . I only saw Season 3 when they hit DVD

and i agree that the 10 mins trip sequence is amazing.

Millenium is still one of the best TV shows that has been around (Season 1 especially)

< Message edited by stuartbannerman -- 17/5/2007 10:43:28 AM >

www.stuartbannerman.co.uk

http://www.intervocative.com/dvdcollection.aspx/stuartbannerman

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 23
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 17/5/2007 10:46:59 AM   
Zaphod121

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuartbannerman

and i agree that the 10 mins trip sequence is amazing.

is that the bit were Lara Means (?) went all crazy, I hate that bit

(in reply to stuartbannerman)
Post #: 24
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 17/5/2007 1:16:57 PM   
adamdavey

Yes the LM cuckoo sequence......

By the way, if you only have seen the X file episode, please don't judge the series on it....it sucked big time.

THey originally showed the 3rd season on the Sci Fi channel but you can pick it up fairly cheap in most HMV sales.

By the way, did anyone else find Lucy Butler sexy?

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 25
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 17/5/2007 1:37:11 PM   
sharkboy

I loved this show when it came on and was pretty quick to buy the DVD box sets when they came out.

As for the earlier comment about the show being humourless, I have to take exception.  Sure, the overall mood was bleak, but it was interspersed with very Carteresque moments of humour, often self-deprecating.

Take the Season 2 episode Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me.  4 demons sit in a diner discussing recent attempts to claim souls for their boss, with each story featuring Frank in some capacity.  And Frank can see through their earthly disguises to their true forms.  Great dialogue, funny jokes - the show even featured a hilarious piss-take of the X Files, with a couple of FBI agents (looking remarkably similar to Fox and Dana), some aliens and a machine-gun wielding psycho!

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 26
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 18/5/2007 11:44:01 AM   
Dar 75

I've been watching this on itv4 for the first time and i think theres 6 episodes left so i dont know what happens at the end obviously and i've enjoyed what i've seen so far.
Theres a couple dodgy episodes but its been a good show which i think was brave with some story lines and set a precedent with what sort of storylines you could play out on a network usa show,shame it did not carry on for more seasons
I liked the Lara Means going crazy bit,another bit of brave tv and also a cracking Patti Smith song

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 27
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 18/5/2007 11:57:46 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I started watching this last year but then it disappeared and was plonked back at a different time. I think I've missed loads. I'll have to buy them, as I really liked what I saw.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Dar 75)
Post #: 28
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 18/5/2007 1:05:23 PM   
Dar 75

I'm lucky that i series link it on the sky+ box so i can keep up with what night/time its on but there was a gap between the 1st and 2nd series and i was fortunate to been browsing throught the tv guide the night it was on to set it up to record it.
I'd hate missing episodes of programmes and am a bit anal that i got to watch everything in correct episode order

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 29
RE: Millenium on ITV4 - 26/6/2007 9:13:53 PM   
adamdavey

Just finished watching the third season again......still brilliant a good 8 years on

They could still bring it back even after all this time....I have ideas!....Cmon Carter get your finger out and talk to FOX

(in reply to Dar 75)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Millennium Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI