Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Sylvester Stallone

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Sylvester Stallone Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 7/7/2007 7:04:51 PM   
Naweed_1

Stallone and his mates

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 61
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 7/7/2007 7:08:52 PM   
Naweed_1

Intresting Sly Stallone Trivia

Batman & Robin
Sylvester Stallone was the second choice for Mr. Freeze. 
Beverly Hills Cop
Stallone got the part and started to re-write the script omitting the comedy and increasing the action, in turn this raised the budget and they had to turn to someone else(Murphy).Actor who got the part: Eddie Murphy 
Coming Home
Stallone was considered to play Luke Martin.Actor who got the part: Jon Voight 
The Cotton Club
Sylvester Stallone was considered for the role of Dixie.Actor who got the part: Richard Gere 
Die Hard
Sylvester Stallone turned down the lead role.Actor who got the part: Bruce Willis 
Face/Off
The studio had Sly and Arnold Schwarzenegger in mind for the lead roles. 
Fair Game
Stallone was originally set to play Det. Kirkpatrick.Actor who got the part: William Baldwin 
The Godfather: Part III
Paramount was supposedly considering Sly to direct & star in the film at one point.

Grindhouse
Sylvester Stallone said in Ain't it Cool News interview that hew was "hoping to work with Quentin in his new GRINDHOUSE film, but unfortunately ROCKY and RAMBO duties prevented that from happening." 
Jackie Brown
Stallone was considered for the role of Louis.Actor who got the part: Robert De Niro 
Pulp Fiction
Sylvester Stallone was considered for a role - either Butch or Vincent.

Romancing the Stone
Sylvester Stallone turned down the lead role of Jack Colton.Actor who got the part: Michael Douglas

Se7en
Stallone told Ain't It Cool News that looking back, he wished he had done the film.

Squirm
Sylvester Stallone tried hard to get the part of Roger.Actor who got the part: R.A. Dow

Star Wars
According to Lucas, Sylvester Stallone was considered for the role of Han Solo (along with over 1000 others).Actor who got the part: Harrison Ford

Superman
Considered for the part of Superman.

UHF
The producers wanted Sly to cameo as a "helicopter rentals" booth clerk in a scene that parodied Rambo. He passed.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Syvester Stallone was reportedly one of the many actors considered for the role of Eddie Valiant.Actor who got the part: Bob Hoskins

Witness
Sylvester Stallone was considered to play John Book.Actor who got the part: Harrison Ford

Now, about this pickle we find ourselves in...

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 62
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 6/9/2007 3:38:20 AM   
LOSTBOY666

Sly is great but Arnie is the daddy.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 63
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 6/9/2007 12:11:28 PM   
marky_77

Most of the trivia there ended up being spot on with the actual out come, and actors who got the parts. I can't imagine Die Hard, Se7en, Romancing the Stone, Star Wars and Witness with Sly slurring away in them. Sly's good to watch though, and I really like Chiffhanger, the Rocky films, and I liked Tango and Cash too. But he will always be portrayed in the dumb action role. On a par with Arnie anyway. Oscar, Stop and Daylight are truly awful films however.

will you commit to this programme?

(in reply to LOSTBOY666)
Post #: 64
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 6/9/2007 12:27:21 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: LOSTBOY666

Sly is great but Arnie is the daddy.

No way. Arnie was just following Sly's landmark Rambo: First Blood Part II. Arnie would not have two of his biggest hits - Commando and Predator - if not for Rambo.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to LOSTBOY666)
Post #: 65
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 9/9/2007 8:45:27 PM   
BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

Face/Off

Although i think Travolta and Cage were excellent in that film, the combination of Sly and Arnie would have been interesting to watch. If only for the sake of having those two legends in the same picture!

"Don't worry. Won't insult legendary underworld solidarity by suggesting you surrender name without torture". - Rorschach (Watchmen).

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 66
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 9/9/2007 9:04:32 PM   
Beetlejuice!

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

quote:

ORIGINAL: Naweed_1

Face/Off

Although i think Travolta and Cage were excellent in that film, the combination of Sly and Arnie would have been interesting to watch. If only for the sake of having those two legends in the same picture!

Haha, that would be class seeing Schwarzenneger struggle to act like Stallone.

(in reply to BobaJango)
Post #: 67
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 14/9/2007 2:36:36 PM   
Stryder

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

To be honest, I quite like Sylvester Stallone. He's got this lovely aura of dumb charm about him.

Lol. 'dumb charm' - that's such a good way of putting it.

I love that ;)

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 68
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 18/9/2007 1:58:57 PM   
lukeyboy

I fucking love Sly Stallone! The undisputed king of the training montage! 

I've grown up with Sly's movies First Blood, Rocky 1 & 2 and Copland being the best of the bunch! He's almost a Father figure to me! And to this day after having seen Rocky 2 at least 100 times,...i still well up when Adrian comes out of the Coma and tells him "Win!"

Sly,....i salute you!!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Stryder)
Post #: 69
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 18/2/2008 5:56:31 PM   
Mason Verger

Sly's brawn to be mild| Star Interviews | This is London

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 70
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 1/3/2008 8:51:17 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

Sly's brawn to be mild| Star Interviews | This is London

You know, where do some people get off? The interviewer - Larushka Ivan-Zadeh - had more than a couple of sideswipes at ol' Sly. Some people - as Sly denoted himself - are so caught up with image that they cannot look beyond. It is easier to already have a pre-conceived image of a person you have heard of than it is to remain open minded and make your own judgement. It is also fucking lazy. Ooooh, Sly has skinny legs! Aaaaah, Sly likes using uncommon words!
Really fucking lazy journalism.
Regardless of his poor films  -we all know what they are - Sly has created two iconic cinema heroes that will be remembered for all time. He's won Oscars. He is worth Millions, and adored by just as many. He has fathered 2 children with autism and one born with a hole in the heart. Dined with Presidents, directed and written movies that have earned hundreds of millions of dollars. Overcome physical disabilities and deficiances to succeed in a proffesion where 99.9% fail.
Surely there was more to talk about, than merely using the interview to bash Sly? Like I said, fucking lazy. Whatever your name was...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 71
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 4/3/2008 7:18:36 PM   
Frank Castle

Rambo 4 was poss the best film ive seen for ages! By far the best film ive seen in the cinema anyway! One of the few films i walked out with a big smile on my face, He knows his audience does sly!!
Get him to direct terminator 4!!

" guys its ok, he just wanted his machette back"!!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 72
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 14/3/2008 7:08:42 PM   
cold_one

I hadn't seen that many Stallone films until recently.

I watched Cliffhanger, Daylight, and Get Carter when they came out, and watched Cobra on Bad Movie Night once, but aside from those, I had only ever seen Copland. He's just incredible in that movie--but I never really got why he was popular.

Then I started watching the Rocky films a few weeks ago. I'm ready for 5 now, and I can't believe how fun they are, and that I waited this long to see them, considering that I like boxing. I never expected that they'd have the depth that they do--these movies are really invested in Rocky's character arc, in every film. It's so awesome that he wrote them, and they're such a pleasure to watch. At the end of Rocky 2, I was literally cheering for him.

So yay for Stallone!

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 73
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 4/6/2008 3:45:25 PM   
TrailMix

I love Sly, especially in the Rocky movies. But, he looks too fake now and hes getting up in there in age. Rambo at 60 years old? lol come on give me a break. He needs to give these tough guy roles a break, but I don't know what other role he can play.
Post #: 74
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 5/6/2008 11:03:54 PM   
Chevy Novacaine

I love Stallone. I think it's a shame that so many people think him unintelligent because of a speech impediment caused by paralysis at birth. The man is quite smart and it shows in both his screenplays and when talking to him. I'm not going to try and downplay his movie career; he's been in some real crap. However, he has also been in some of the best movies ever made. Rocky, First Blood, and Cop Land are all amazing movies.

You either die a hero or you live long enough to become the villain.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 75
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 6/6/2008 4:52:26 PM   
TrailMix

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chevy Novacaine

I love Stallone. I think it's a shame that so many people think him unintelligent because of a speech impediment caused by paralysis at birth. The man is quite smart and it shows in both his screenplays and when talking to him. I'm not going to try and downplay his movie career; he's been in some real crap. However, he has also been in some of the best movies ever made. Rocky, First Blood, and Cop Land are all amazing movies.

Wow, I had no idea that his speech impediment was caused that way. That is a shame because you alwasy see people on TV making fun of him for the way he speaks.

(in reply to Chevy Novacaine)
Post #: 76
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/9/2009 8:00:49 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Not that anyone would have noticed but Sylvester Stallone is Snake-Eyes' Hero - The Guy is a Legend, pure & simple. I can't think of another actor whose films have thrilled me such since I was a wee rattler (Arnie's cool but there can only be one). I know that (as with many actors / celebrities whatever), there are those who slag the guy off - fair enough, but his films - particularly the ROCKY and RAMBO series - always draw a crowd and there is a reason for that; he has a knack for knowing what the audience wants (okay, I admit that for a looooong time in the late 90's / early 00's his work was not exactly up to scratch - Get Carter, Driven, D-Tox etc.). ROCKY BALBOA and RAMBO IV both marked a fantastic return to form and I cannot wait for THE EXPENDABLES.  

< Message edited by Snake-Eyes -- 22/9/2009 8:03:28 PM >

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

http://www.expendablespremiere.com/index.html

(in reply to TrailMix)
Post #: 77
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/9/2009 8:34:06 PM   
Biggus

Liz: "Why is it that you never got married Freddy?"

Freddy: "All the best girls were taken."

That part always gets me.

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 78
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/9/2009 8:41:01 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Liz: "Why is it that you never got married Freddy?"

Freddy: "All the best girls were taken."

That part always gets me.

yeah man, great scene. I love COPLAND.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 79
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 2/10/2009 6:42:05 AM   
JoeyPottr

I have always love Sylvester Stallone and his movies, especially Rocky, Rambo and Copland to name a few. He is an underrated actor, I think, he's got great charisma, he's funny, charming, handsome and he's still an icon. He's got those eyes that just show the vulnerability and then there's that physique that's just amazing still, the voice is great too. I think he's a great writer and director as well. His movies are always fun to watch still.

wandering through the tall grass of life

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 80
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 8/10/2009 5:10:59 PM   
JIm R

He simply isn't given the praise or notification for what a great actor he is.  Overlooked is his ability to bring the best out in his co-stars, underlooked is his depth.

He is a talent that will always be undervalued and that's a shame.

regarding the comparison with Arnie that has hung round them for years, in my view it is simple, Stallone is the braver actor in his choice of roles, has the wider range and is more giving in his performances.

Arnie was just simply lucky with the timing of his roles and mangaed to work with 'bigger name' directors during the same period. But you wouldn't get Arnie having the capacity to write, direct, produce in the same way.

(in reply to JoeyPottr)
Post #: 81
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 8/10/2009 5:41:11 PM   
Snake-Eyes

quote:

ORIGINAL: JIm R

He simply isn't given the praise or notification for what a great actor he is.  Overlooked is his ability to bring the best out in his co-stars, underlooked is his depth.

He is a talent that will always be undervalued and that's a shame.

regarding the comparison with Arnie that has hung round them for years, in my view it is simple, Stallone is the braver actor in his choice of roles, has the wider range and is more giving in his performances.

Arnie was just simply lucky with the timing of his roles and mangaed to work with 'bigger name' directors during the same period. But you wouldn't get Arnie having the capacity to write, direct, produce in the same way.

I agree. Stallone has, especially recently, always given his co-stars some very well-written and fleshed-out roles; Antonio Tarver and Milo Ventimiglia in ROCKY BALBOA for instance. THE EXPENDABLES should prove very interesting given the huge cast of characers involved.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 82
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 11/11/2009 6:10:45 PM   
Snake-Eyes

This is funky!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 83
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 11/11/2009 6:36:11 PM   
Snake-Eyes

Check THIS out! I believe it was for one of the VANITY FAIR 'Hollywood Issue' shoots - where else are ya gonna see ROCKY alongside GHOST DOG, SPIDER-MAN and IRON MAN?!

(in reply to Snake-Eyes)
Post #: 84
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/11/2009 7:02:07 AM   
jedi fu

i found Over The Top on a popular public tubing station and caught up on an old film i hadnt seen since (quick check) 1987.  1987? that reminds me of an unpopular opinion! But anyway - Over The Top! immense in its eighties-ness but throughly enjoyable all the same and stallone is always worth a watch as many people have stated here and i heartily agree with most of whats been said and i was so happy that Copland came along and really wish he would do more 'acting stuff' 'cos he's a quality cult . . .  however . . .

Big Bad Bald 'Bull' Hurley, the final opponent in the arm wrestling sounds just like Joe Swanson from Family Guy!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 85
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/11/2009 7:20:45 AM   
jedi fu

And how the hell would Face-Off work with Arnie and Sly??? Surely its gotta be actors of 'Equal Height and Shape' else the improbability factor would go through the roof!!
Instant Carry-On!

(in reply to jedi fu)
Post #: 86
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 22/11/2009 10:37:07 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: jedi fu

And how the hell would Face-Off work with Arnie and Sly??? Surely its gotta be actors of 'Equal Height and Shape' else the improbability factor would go through the roof!!
Instant Carry-On!

Travolta and Cage were hardly of equal size and shape.Face-off is hardly a film known for its realism anyway!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to jedi fu)
Post #: 87
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 23/11/2009 1:04:13 AM   
jedi fu

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

Travolta and Cage were hardly of equal size and shape.Face-off is hardly a film known for its realism anyway!

What!? Compared to Stallone and Schwarzenegger?! 5' 9" and 6' 2"? (according to imdb- isnt Sly abit shorter than that?) I know Stallone can pump up but Schwarzenegger is an ex-Mr Universe, ex-Mr Olympia and almost half a foot taller! Stallone would need a pair of platform shoes straight off Slade's tourbus, or Arnold would have to crouch down everytime he spoke to his new 'wife', depending on who plays which part. Whereas Cage and Travolta are 6' and 6' 2" (according to imdb- sounds about right!) and both of similar athletic build, at the time anyway, I think they were stunt casting that worked fine. Face-Off works within its own logic, which all outlandish movies should do. Casting Stallone against Arnold would have surely pushed it beyond its own realms of ridiculousness. How different would Terminator be with Stallone - or Rocky starring a 29 year old Arnold? But you swop Cage and Travolta in their roles and its not as different as you think it might be. Although its all subjective and down to what you want from a film.

Judge Dread, where he keeps the helmet on, starring Swarzenegger back in the late '80s would have been a good prospect  though!

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 88
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 29/11/2009 7:12:55 PM   
Al Swearengen

no love for Driven?

(in reply to Naweed_1)
Post #: 89
RE: Sylvester Stallone - 6/7/2010 8:53:56 PM   
Snake-Eyes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SLY!!!

64 and STILL The Man!

(in reply to Al Swearengen)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> RE: Sylvester Stallone Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI