Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Doctor Who

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  645 646 647 648 [649]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Doctor Who - 12/12/2014 2:19:06 AM   
demoncleaner

Spark 1 shall link to the Christmas cover of DWM.

Let's put it this way....It's Christmassy and Doctor Whoey to an extent that people who don't like Christmas... or Doctor Who will be offended on both counts.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 19441
RE: Doctor Who - 13/12/2014 11:41:49 AM   
spark1

quote:

ORIGINAL: demoncleaner

Spark 1 shall link to the Christmas cover of DWM.

Let's put it this way....It's Christmassy and Doctor Whoey to an extent that people who don't like Christmas... or Doctor Who will be offended on both counts.

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/12/dwm481-101214144008.html

'battlefield' on drama this sunday. features one of ther show's best cliffhangers.

< Message edited by spark1 -- 13/12/2014 3:14:11 PM >

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 19442
RE: Doctor Who - 20/12/2014 4:21:15 PM   
spark1

the mggann movie is the final 'who' on drama this sunday.

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 19443
RE: Doctor Who - 25/12/2014 10:19:26 PM   
Senor Benedict

Bloody hell, the DW Xmas special was on four hours ago and NOBODY posted? These Forums are, as another thread said, dead...

My opinions? Not too keen on it. Last ten minutes were enjoyable, but the rest of it seems liked an Inception rip-off. Kind of drab, to be honest, although Capaldi and Coleman were as great as they've been over the past year... I did like the false ending as well (did certain newspaper articles 'leak' that? Can't quite remember...)

If any of you lot fancy a heated debate... your favourite Christmas specials? I'll go with 'The Snowmen', 'Voyage Of The Damned' and 'The Christmas Invasion'. Worst? 'The End of Time' two-parter, bloody hated that, mainly because of what a whining arsehole The Doctor turned into... 'I don't want to go...' fucking hell, pal, you've gone enough times, you should know better by now...

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 19444
RE: Doctor Who - 26/12/2014 11:28:23 AM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senor Benedict

Bloody hell, the DW Xmas special was on four hours ago and NOBODY posted? These Forums are, as another thread said, dead...

Or, you know, people might have better things to do than post on an internet forum. Christmas, family, yuletide joy & stuff. Maybe?

Thought it was big old bunch of 'WTF is going on?' for most of the running time. Not terrible, but far too convoluted for its own good.

The best thing that came out of it was Jenna Coleman not leaving.

(in reply to Senor Benedict)
Post #: 19445
RE: Doctor Who - 26/12/2014 2:00:35 PM   
Captain Black

Doctor Who: The Christmas Inception!

Bwaaaannnnnngggg.

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

I wouldn't have minded the 'older Clara' as a send off in a regular episode, but it would have been a bit of a gut punch as the capper to a Christmas one. And it was a really good Christmas one - they key component of each really being how can they make it just like a normal episode just with some extra Christmas stuff, and the Santa Claus/Father Christmas element met the stuff requirement well. Really liked Nick Frost's performance and the approach they took to that character ("Bigger on the inside" being the absolute highlight). The rest of arctic base team were superfluous, though I wouldn't mind them revisiting Shona in a future episode, even if she's more of a Russell T Davies character than a Moffatt one.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 19446
RE: Doctor Who - 26/12/2014 7:24:26 PM   
Senor Benedict

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senor Benedict

Or, you know, people might have better things to do than post on an internet forum. Christmas, family, yuletide joy & stuff. Maybe?

Thought it was big old bunch of 'WTF is going on?' for most of the running time. Not terrible, but far too convoluted for its own good.

Apologies, that was an attempt at 'funny' drunken sarcasm that wasn't so amusing once the Jack Daniels drained out of my system...

Watched it again today, still not a huge fan, but with hindsight it was a bit more enjoyable. Still think that the Michael Gambon one is my favourite, though.

And, during those sleigh-ride scenes, did Jenna ever look more gorgeous?

Hoping they've got something interesting to do with her rather than keeping her on just for the sake of it...

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 19447
RE: Doctor Who - 26/12/2014 11:30:51 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Captain Black

I wouldn't have minded the 'older Clara' as a send off in a regular episode, but it would have been a bit of a gut punch as the capper to a Christmas one.

I think the only sad part about that ending would have been that she never got over Danny. Arguably this could have been the "retired companion gets one last adventure" story.

quote:

I wouldn't mind them revisiting Shona in a future episode, even if she's more of a Russell T Davies character than a Moffatt one.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 19448
RE: Doctor Who - 27/12/2014 9:57:11 AM   
Captain Black

You're right, I did and I shouldn't have. I'd like to see Davies write a one off episode freed from the burdens of showrunning to see if it'd highlight his stronger tendencies rather than his weaker ones.

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 19449
RE: Doctor Who - 27/12/2014 12:15:08 PM   
spark1

nice xmas special.

the first to leave 50 years ago today-

http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2014/12/moments-in-time-goodbye-susan-goodbye.html

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 19450
RE: Doctor Who - 28/12/2014 6:48:34 PM   
Sotto Voce

Yeah, not bad for an xmas special.

The one thing that annoyed me was that they did the same thing with old Clara as they did with Sarah Jane, where she never got married because the Doctor was "a hard act to follow", and also suggested that they could have got together except that the Doctor is "impossible" (not that he's old enough to be her grandfather).

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 19451
Page:   <<   < prev  645 646 647 648 [649]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  645 646 647 648 [649]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI