Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Doctor Who

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  642 643 644 645 [646]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Doctor Who - 24/9/2014 9:53:56 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Senor Benedict

BTW, Jenna in a Reservour Dogs suit..? Hot as all hell...

I originally thought the suit was for the interview she did for EMPIRE recently - guess she did it during the filming of this episode.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Senor Benedict)
Post #: 19351
RE: Doctor Who - 27/9/2014 9:24:47 PM   
Captain Black

Oh I laughed quite a bit at that one, really good episode. Everything's just working well at the moment (even the simple fact that it's on a bit later is a good thing).

Invisiotext:
[color=#F1F1F1]text[/color]

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 19352
RE: Doctor Who - 27/9/2014 9:28:05 PM   
Vadersville

Really good episode but the resolution was more than a bit naff. I would have preferred if Danny had done something more intellectual than a front flip to save the day.Showing that he wasn't just a "PE teacher". In fact after all the mentions I really expected Maths to enter into it somehow. This has also been the first episode that I haven't liked Danny's character in. I think it's a safe bet Clara will be leaving by year's end. Everything seems poised for her to leave the TARDIS to settle down and become Mrs. Pink.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to Captain Black)
Post #: 19353
RE: Doctor Who - 27/9/2014 11:43:01 PM   
Senor Benedict

Personally, I'm liking the Capaldi / Coleman relationship better than any Doctor / companion thing since the show came back...

As much as I liked Eccleston / Tennant / Smith, that whole 'oooh, I fancy The Doctor, lets skip around the Universe being all cute and shit' thing was getting so boring... which is probably why I liked the Catherine Tate era so much.

Now we have a girl with an alien she struggles to understand sometimes, yet can't resist following, even though it complicates her life a lot...

Loving DW right now...

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 19354
RE: Doctor Who - 28/9/2014 1:44:19 PM   
spark1

that blitzer looks bit like a redesign of the daleks planned for the aborted tv mggann era-

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thebatgranny/mcg.htm

liked this ep and the tension between the dr and danny.

space dad!

< Message edited by spark1 -- 28/9/2014 1:49:02 PM >

Post #: 19355
RE: Doctor Who - 28/9/2014 2:55:21 PM   
demoncleaner

quote:

space dad!

My favourite phrase of the series so far is "Bony rascal". Dizzee's grandad. Probably.

They call upon Gareth Roberts to do the "Doctor Who as sitcom". That could be a bad thing if The Caretaker wasn't a great deal funnier than 99 percent of modern sitcoms. The sci-fi was straight out of Sarah Jayne Adventures, although I do like the idea of temporal banishment of the peril.

Danny is magnificent. He's the chief target of the Doctor's bile and prejudice and yet is the one who has the greater insight of his motives and yes, psychology.

I even liked Courtney and her vomiting occasioned my favourite Capaldi facial expression of 2014 so far with his wistful "spillage" remark.

Judging by the reviews this is an obviously better received comedy episode than Robot and once again we get the promise of back to po-faced scariness in the next time trailer which looks as good as Listen. I can dig that structure if it continues like that. Dark, dark, funny, dark, dark.

Oh...and the promise of Chris Addison and Capaldi together again is frickin marvelous.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 19356
RE: Doctor Who - 28/9/2014 6:22:03 PM   
Senor Benedict

I'm loving the way they're gradually filtering in the more likeable aspects of The Doctors personality...

He doesn't like Danny much? Obviously, it's because Clara used to hang on his every word and even fancy him (as per the Christmas special... she even admitted it at one point when she was in Christmas Town and couldn't tell a lie) and now he's changed. He adored her and now he isn't getting that same love in return, thanks to a new abrasive personality that he can't do anything about.

He's resigned to that and then he mistakenly thought her new 'boyfriend' was someone who reminded him of his previous self... aw, sad! And then it transpires that her boyfriend is a 'soldier', who this incarnation doesn't like very much..?

Basically, it's the realisation that someone doesn't love you anymore... they might LIKE you, but it's not the same thing... and I think we can all identify with that scenario. It's making the Doctor angry and jealous. Remember that bit at the start of 'Time Heist' when he said 'I've got a whole day planned', looking so hopeful and she shot him down...

He's accepted it and he's trying to find Clara someone to love when she eventually and doubtlessly moves on, which is why he's so critical of Danny... he wants someone GOOD for Clara.

I suspect the latter half of this series is gonna get truly moving. In my stupid opinion anyway...

Mind you, I still hate Danny's fucking stupid 'jumping over the robot' thing, that was just dreadful.

< Message edited by Senor Benedict -- 28/9/2014 7:37:10 PM >

(in reply to demoncleaner)
Post #: 19357
RE: Doctor Who - 28/9/2014 9:05:50 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

I'm loving the way they're gradually filtering in the more likeable aspects of The Doctors personality...

He doesn't like Danny much? Obviously, it's because Clara used to hang on his every word and even fancy him (as per the Christmas special... she even admitted it at one point when she was in Christmas Town and couldn't tell a lie) and now he's changed. He adored her and now he isn't getting that same love in return, thanks to a new abrasive personality that he can't do anything about.

He's resigned to that and then he mistakenly thought her new 'boyfriend' was someone who reminded him of his previous self... aw, sad! And then it transpires that her boyfriend is a 'soldier', who this incarnation doesn't like very much..?

Basically, it's the realisation that someone doesn't love you anymore... they might LIKE you, but it's not the same thing... and I think we can all identify with that scenario. It's making the Doctor angry and jealous. Remember that bit at the start of 'Time Heist' when he said 'I've got a whole day planned', looking so hopeful and she shot him down...

He's accepted it and he's trying to find Clara someone to love when she eventually and doubtlessly moves on, which is why he's so critical of Danny... he wants someone GOOD for Clara.

I suspect the latter half of this series is gonna get truly moving. In my stupid opinion anyway...

Mind you, I still hate Danny's fucking stupid 'jumping over the robot' thing, that was just dreadful.

The more I think about this, the more sense it makes. It had never occurred to me really that there was any romantic feelings between Clara and The Doctor until the moment you mention in The Time of the Doctor. but thinking back now to The Bells of Saint John, and there were signs that 11 had a bit of a crush on her. And then there's this exchange from Deep Breath.

The Doctor - I'm not your boyfriend, Clara.
Clara - I...never said you were!
The Doctor - I didn't say it was your mistake.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

Post #: 19358
RE: Doctor Who - 29/9/2014 11:39:11 AM   
Sotto Voce

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

quote:

The more I think about this, the more sense it makes. It had never occurred to me really that there was any romantic feelings between Clara and The Doctor until the moment you mention in The Time of the Doctor. but thinking back now to The Bells of Saint John, and there were signs that 11 had a bit of a crush on her. And then there's this exchange from Deep Breath.

The Doctor - I'm not your boyfriend, Clara.
Clara - I...never said you were!
The Doctor - I didn't say it was your mistake.

Of course there were romantic feelings between them. About 90% of the women the Doctor meets are attracted to him. They couldn't just not feel that way about each other. They couldn't just be friends, or have a father-daughter relationship, or something like that. They must be romantically attracted. That's what Doctor Who is about. Okay, I think I've made my point.

But, yeah. A 'relationship' episode. Not my favourite type.

Looks like Predalien features next week.

All things digested have a similar hue.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 19359
RE: Doctor Who - 29/9/2014 9:58:53 PM   
sanchia

quote:

Handy that little trampoline was there.

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 19360
RE: Doctor Who - 30/9/2014 2:04:44 PM   
jobloffski

Is Orson named in honour of Danny's beloved lifesaving wells? So whatever the deal is with the Character, he has some form of legacy for his time as a soldier unrelated to killing?

um...

PRISONER ZERO DID IT ;-)

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 19361
RE: Doctor Who - 1/10/2014 8:56:09 PM   
Senor Benedict

CLARA IS THE RANI !!!!

Think my last big post got slightly misinterpreted... I didn't mean that The Doctor was in love with Clara in a big romantic / sexual kind of way, I meant that his two hearts adored her because she was the first person to truly touch him since he lost Amy... please, no innuendos...

... and he thinks that she's drifting away from him. She may or may not be, but this Danny Pink fella is a distraction and he doesn't like it.

I'm LOVING the way that this Doctor is kind of petulant. He reminds me of Angel (from 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer') who was the big hero but could also be a bit of a self-centred dick sometimes. Also, 'Time Heist' reminds me of an old episode of ANGEL... robbing a bank and one of your fellow robbers needs something so they can touch another human being again...

I'm sure his pride is going to make him do something stupid in the next couple of eps (hell, it's no secret that Clara leaves him in a forthcoming episode if you've read anything about the forthcoming episodes)...

Well, let's see what next Saturday brings!

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 19362
Page:   <<   < prev  642 643 644 645 [646]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  642 643 644 645 [646]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI