Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Doctor Who

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Doctor Who - 3/1/2006 9:12:45 PM   
Squall Katsuragi

I keep hoping they get a really cool actor to play The Master. Last season I prayed it was Simon Pegg and now I want it to be Anthony Head. Please, it would be excellent if The Doctor found out that the only other living Time Lord is a complete bastard.

(in reply to mumblin sumpthin)
Post #: 31
RE: Doctor Who - 3/1/2006 10:29:47 PM   
The Captain

quote:

ORIGINAL: mumblin sumpthin

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Captain

quote:

By the way Captain, fantastic avatar. Everytime I see that in the opening titles I think it would make a great av, looks like you beat me to it.

sorry my friend , i was playing around last night and just kind of had the same idea as you .  when i stop using it i will give you it if you want . i like to change mine

Cheers for that, if you ever get fed up with using it I would be only too glad to take it off your hands.

i will let you know

" I would have followed you to the end , to the very fires of morder "

Post #: 32
RE: Doctor Who - 4/1/2006 12:10:49 AM   
mumblin sumpthin

Thanks Captain.

I've had a look around online without much luck in finding any news but does anyone know if there is to be a DVD release of The Christmas Invasion? I would imagine if it was going to be released it would be as a stand alone rather than be included in a series 2 box set. Maybe they could include the Children In Need sequence as well as the commentary and all the behind the scenes stuff and Tennant inteviews that already exist in conection with it.

"Oh fine! Let's just haul out our swords and start banging away at each other! That will solve everything!"

"Please don't interrupt me when I'm asking rhetorical questions."

"Death is...whimsical today"

(in reply to The Captain)
Post #: 33
RE: Doctor Who - 4/1/2006 12:01:42 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squall Katsuragi

I keep hoping they get a really cool actor to play The Master. Last season I prayed it was Simon Pegg and now I want it to be Anthony Head. Please, it would be excellent if The Doctor found out that the only other living Time Lord is a complete bastard.

I watched The Empty Child the other day, and I thought that maybe they should have had the other doctor (the one played by Richard Wilson) as The Master.

Though obviously not played by Richard Wilson. No.  Good god, no.

MAybe John Barrowman as the Master? the suavity masking his bastard-ness.

< Message edited by Mozza -- 4/1/2006 12:02:52 PM >

(in reply to Squall Katsuragi)
Post #: 34
RE: Doctor Who - 4/1/2006 12:02:41 PM   
steffols

That would make a really good dvd.  Its better than buying stand-alone dvds of episodes of season 1

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 35
RE: Doctor Who - 5/1/2006 12:46:54 AM   
mumblin sumpthin

I don't know if anyone on here has the Series One box set but I was reading on a BBC site that a lot of people have complained that the episode 'World War Three', if played on it's own and not as part of the 'play all' selection, actually has 2 1/2 minutes missing from it due to a technical fault. If anyone has got the box set have they experienced this problem?

"Oh fine! Let's just haul out our swords and start banging away at each other! That will solve everything!"

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 36
RE: Doctor Who - 5/1/2006 12:13:09 PM   
badassmofo

so i listened to the commentary last night and they said something rather interesting, you see the "Cardiff branch" of "Torchwood" being set up during season 2.

You just got killed by a Daewoo Lamos motherfucker - Best line of 2008

Cinerama - News, reviews, features and listener feedback every week by your Empire Online friend badassmofo! (I sound like a non-badassmofo I know...) On iTunes or cinerama.jellycast.com

Post #: 37
RE: Doctor Who - 5/1/2006 3:31:06 PM   
Vadersville

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Captain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Just a thought, but if The Heart of The Tardis could turn Magret the Slitheen into an egg and was also able to be hosted by Rose's body, does that mean that we have a way for The Master at least to come back? He was sucked into the iris wasn't he? I haven't watched the TV movie since it aired because it was so bad.

the cybermen will be the big threat this year , but i would put money on the fact that the master will be back as the main villain in the 3rd series

I know Bill Nighy was supposed to have been consider as The Doctor but I think he would have been awesome as The Master. I don't know why but for some reason I have this feeling that they might go for some one more around Tennant's age though now.

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to The Captain)
Post #: 38
RE: Doctor Who - 6/1/2006 7:34:50 PM   
DiscoBoy

Anthony Head pops up in the new season...any ideas who he is in it? He looks very Masterish.

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 39
RE: Doctor Who - 7/1/2006 3:34:12 PM   
Vadersville

Some sort of vampire by the looks of it! Good Eveeeening!

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 40
RE: Doctor Who - 7/1/2006 5:39:50 PM   
DiscoBoy

Be good to see him as the Master.
Did anyone notice Tennants Scottish accent in the new series trailer by the way?

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 41
RE: Doctor Who - 7/1/2006 11:34:24 PM   
mumblin sumpthin

To be honest, I'm not in any real hurry to see the Master come back to the series. I felt he was overused in the past as a cheap adversary (no need for any special effects if your villain is in human form) and I don't want it to go back that way.

I did notice the Scottish accent, I think that story is set in Scotland which might be a factor.

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 42
RE: Doctor Who - 8/1/2006 4:26:35 PM   
Beckymonster

quote:

To be honest, I'm not in any real hurry to see the Master come back to the series. I felt he was overused in the past as a cheap adversary (no need for any special effects if your villain is in human form) and I don't want it to go back that way.

I did notice the Scottish accent, I think that story is set in Scotland which might be a factor.

I'll agree here with what M_S said about the Master - I'm still trying to scrub Eric Robert's camper than Butlins performance as the Master out of my psyche from the TV movie.

Yes, it would be nice to see some of what happened in the War.  Scratch that, it would be wonderful to see!  In 'Dalek' the Doctor was called a 'coward'...  why?  What the hell happened out there? (guess who got the DVDs for Christmas?!)

That and I want Captain Jack back...  long before we see the Master thank you!  How's he going to take to this new guy with a new face?  Kiss him or smack him around the head for leaving him behind?

< Message edited by Beckymonster -- 8/1/2006 4:27:30 PM >

Post #: 43
RE: Doctor Who - 8/1/2006 5:18:45 PM   
DiscoBoy

I would still like to see The Master back, he has been used a lot in the past, but then the past is a long way away and I don't really think the Eric Roberts movie should be viewed as canon on account of it being shte.

Seeing the Time War would be great, as would seeing some more Time Lords. Why do we never hear about The Doctors Grand daughter?

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 44
RE: Doctor Who - 8/1/2006 6:05:53 PM   
Beckymonster

Disco boy asked why don't we see Susan?  Erm...  short answer?  By the sounds of it, she no doubt died along with the other Time Lords, being Galifreyan...  or can one of the thread 'elders' shed some light (Ruffy?  Dick_Jones?)

Even then, as he points out in 'WWW3' he doesn't do 'domestic', which might mean that we won't see his family - though he obviously had one (honourable mentions left, right and centre).

As for why we don't see more of the War.  I'm *hoping* that RTD has something up his sleeve.  He must know that folks are intrigued by this and he obviously has a tendency to throw out tid-bits from time to time. 
Whether the regeneration will have an effect in this regard remains to be seen. 

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 45
RE: Doctor Who - 8/1/2006 11:57:37 PM   
mumblin sumpthin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beckymonster

Even then, as he points out in 'WWW3' he doesn't do 'domestic', which might mean that we won't see his family - though he obviously had one (honourable mentions left, right and centre).

I think the not doing 'domestic' was just a trait of Eccleston's incarnation of the Doctor. After all, in The Christmas Invasion we see Tennant sitting down to Christmas dinner with the Tylers. My own personal view about that is that CE's Doctor had to carry the weight of the loss of his world on his shoulders and therefore tried not to become too attached to family situations. In the DVD commentary for A Parting Of The Ways it's mentioned that after the Daleks are destroyed by Rose and he saves her by absorbing the energy he has a release from that weight and as a result Tennant's Doctor is far less distant with regard to domestic situations. I could be reading far too much into a TV series though.

With regard to the return of Captain Jack, I don't see how he can be angry at the Doctor for leaving him behind. After all, as far as both the Doctor and Rose knew, he was dead.

(in reply to Beckymonster)
Post #: 46
RE: Doctor Who - 9/1/2006 12:27:29 PM   
Buddy Ackerman

quote:

ORIGINAL: TobiasFunke

Is it right to assume that it was the Paul McGann Doctor who was involved in the Time War? In 'Rose' it seemed that the Doctor had just regenerated into Ecclestone (hence him checking his appearance) and Sylvester McCoy had run-ins with the Daleks without the Time War being mentioned. Just a thought! 

I thought this too and it sounds like a great way to bridge the gap. But with regards to Ecclestone being freshly regenerated we see that he's been around for ages when Rose is looking at all the pictures of him in historical places. Plus he's awfully chipper if he had just regenerated after the Time War as surely that would mean he was fairly fresh from seeing his world destroyed.

Maybe he just hasn't been past a mirror until that point.

A Three Doctors special dealing with The Time War?

"If you were in my toilet bowl, I wouldn't bother flushing it. My bathmat means more to me than you!"

(in reply to TobiasFunke)
Post #: 47
RE: Doctor Who - 9/1/2006 11:46:36 PM   
mumblin sumpthin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buddy Ackerman

But with regards to Ecclestone being freshly regenerated we see that he's been around for ages when Rose is looking at all the pictures of him in historical places. Plus he's awfully chipper if he had just regenerated after the Time War as surely that would mean he was fairly fresh from seeing his world destroyed.

A Three Doctors special dealing with The Time War?

I think that is a bit of an error on the part of RTD with regard to Eccleston because it really is implied that he has not long regenerated judging by his performance in the Tyler's flat...but as you say, his picture has been captured in lots of different places which means he can't have.

If McGann and Eccleston would agree to it then a three Doctors special set around the Time War would be a real treat.

(in reply to Buddy Ackerman)
Post #: 48
Doctor Who Knew? - 10/1/2006 12:33:33 AM   
DiscoBoy

It would be nice to hear from RTD exactly how long the CE Doctor had been around before Rose as it did seem that he had a new face. They've also been avoiding the whole half human thing that the stupid American film brought up...why do Americans always have to have a half human alien when they do Sci Fi?

Post #: 49
RE: Doctor Who - 10/1/2006 3:15:19 PM   
Dragonfall 5

quote:

I think that is a bit of an error on the part of RTD with regard to Eccleston because it really is implied that he has not long regenerated judging by his performance in the Tyler's flat...but as you say, his picture has been captured in lots of different places which means he can't have.

Not necessarily.  He does own a time machine after all.  There was nothing to prevent him having those adventures after he met Rose.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

Post #: 50
RE: Doctor Who - 10/1/2006 3:20:05 PM   
Mozza

To quote Emmet Brown:

You're not thinking 4th dimensionally!

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 51
RE: Doctor Who - 10/1/2006 3:22:52 PM   
Dragonfall 5

Precisely.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 52
RE: Doctor Who - 10/1/2006 7:17:14 PM   
DiscoBoy

Fine point - smartly made

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 53
RE: Doctor Who - 10/1/2006 11:52:33 PM   
mumblin sumpthin

There is that line about being Father Christmas at the end of The Doctor Dances so you're possibly right but I personally think it's a bit of a cop out.

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 54
RE: Doctor Who - 11/1/2006 4:45:24 PM   
DiscoBoy

Did anyone think he danced well?

Post #: 55
RE: Doctor Who - 11/1/2006 7:06:38 PM   
Mozza

He didn't really dance...

Besides, I thought that episode could have been cringey but it wasn't.

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 56
RE: Doctor Who - 11/1/2006 7:17:10 PM   
Joedini

quote:

Besides, I thought that episode could have been cringey but it wasn't.

hated the ending!

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 57
RE: Doctor Who - 11/1/2006 8:45:28 PM   
DiscoBoy

He did dance, at the end of the episode.

(in reply to Joedini)
Post #: 58
RE: Doctor Who - 13/1/2006 5:54:03 PM   
DiscoBoy

Just out of interest - who is everybody's favourite Doctor?

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 59
RE: Doctor Who - 13/1/2006 5:56:26 PM   
Mozza

Paul McGann.

Just Kidding.  I'm a Jon Pertwee fan myself.

(in reply to DiscoBoy)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: Doctor Who Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI