Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Lads a bit special 06/07 or The Ones to Watch

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Lads a bit special 06/07 or The Ones to Watch Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Lads a bit special 06/07 or The Ones to Watch - 3/8/2006 9:26:33 PM   
KennyM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbes79

There are a couple of young Scottish lads who came through at Rangers last season. The most impressive by far was the right winger Chris Burke, who went on to make his Scotland debut (scoring twice) in the 5-1 friendly win against Bulgaria in the Kirin Cup in Japan.

However, his breakthrough came last season. This season a lot is hoped from from young left back Stevie Smith who looked very impressive when he came onto the scene last season. This season is his chance to learn a lot from Le Guen and to cement the place as his own.

There has also been a lot of talk about left sided attacker Charlie Adam. He was loaned out to St Mirren last season and done well, though he started on the left side of attack for Rangers against Motherwell and had an outstanding game. He set up both goals in a 2-1 win, cracked the bar himself, and went on to win man of the match.

It's good to see some talented young Scottish players making their way through at Rangers.

And not nicked on the cheap from other clubs
Seriously though, it's about time that the Millions spent on Murray Park started reaping some reward.

(in reply to Hobbes79)
Post #: 31
RE: The Lads a bit special 06/07 or The Ones to Watch - 4/8/2006 2:27:32 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Now Fran Merida has finally been confirmed as an Arsenal player then I think he is very much one to look out for. Maybe not this season but definetly within the next 3-5 years. He's only 16 and has tremendous potential, maybe more so than Theo Walcott in my eyes.

Check out this clip of him in action, I really enjoyed his last goal:

Clicky!

Arsenal are extremely well loaded with top quality youngsters.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to KennyM)
Post #: 32
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 11:24:45 AM   
Flatulent_Bob

BUMP!

Kind of linked to the other thread.

Mark Noble

This was more of a short term bump, who's going to come through in the next 12 months.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 25/3/2013 11:27:22 AM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Oh my God! They banned Kenny!

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 33
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 11:34:34 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Just browsed through the thread and not one potential candidate has really produced what some thought they would.

Rossi probably had the best potential and he did start off well for Villarreal before the injury.Pique was a minor mention.

My favourite quote:Goodfella
quote:

But the one to watch for me in SE London is young Simon Walton.
At just 18, he's been compared to the likes of Roy Keane and is a real breath of fresh air in our midfield.

who?

(in reply to Flatulent_Bob)
Post #: 34
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 12:14:53 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

Just browsed through the thread and not one potential candidate has really produced what some thought they would.

Rossi probably had the best potential and he did start off well for Villarreal before the injury.Pique was a minor mention.

Hey I put Jagielka forward.

quote:

quote:

At just 18, he's been compared to the likes of Roy Keane and is a real breath of fresh air in our midfield.

who?

Another one who had a poor attitude. He eventually came to us on loan, and looked like he'd sorted himself out.
However he suffered CKL damage on an early appearance and was sent back.
Left Plymouth and now with Hartlepool.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 25/3/2013 12:18:36 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 35
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 12:22:27 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

quote:

quote:

who?

Another one who had a poor attitude. He eventually came to us on loan, and looked like he'd sorted himself out.
However he suffered CKL damage on an early appearance and was sent back.
Left Plymouth and now with Hartlepool.

I see.
Y'know luck plays a huge key in progress,whether it be joining a club on loan/permanent,the managerial/coach set-up,mentality of the player.
Abilitie/talent can only cater for so much.

Concerning recent potential/talent who I think might produce the goods in the future,well,I really wouldn't like to say.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 25/3/2013 12:24:31 PM >

Post #: 36
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 12:45:28 PM   
Flatulent_Bob

Oh come on, we need something to laugh at in 5-6 years time.

Must be the likes of;

Craig Dawson
Nathaniel Clyne
Josh McEachran
Nathaniel Chalobah
Tom Ince
Nick Powell
Ross Barkley
Nathan Redmond
James Ward-Prowse

At Sheffield United, the youngsters to watch I'd say would be;
Harry Maguire (20) Centre Half
George Willis (17) GK
George Long (19) GK
Terry Kennedy (19) Centre Half
Callum McFazdean (18) Def/Mid
Elliott Whitehouse (19) Mid/Forward
Diego De Girolamo (17) Midfield/Forward

All of which will play at a higher level than us currently (not fucking hard).
At least 3 (the two keepers and maybe Diego) making the Premiership following the likes of Walker, Naughton, and Lowton over the past 2 years from our academy to make that grade.

< Message edited by Flatulent_Bob -- 25/3/2013 12:48:45 PM >

I'm your huckleberry...

Post #: 37
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 1:29:45 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

You do realize you have tempted me into doing a list.

Post #: 38
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 6:15:15 PM   
superdan

quote:

And half of them play for Wolves now

Danny Batth looks like he could be another one off the Wolves conveyor of decent CB's who play their best football at other clubs. Made a few appearances this season and looked pretty decent, even scoring a vital goal. Been saying it for years and after his less-than-brilliant loan spell at Franchise it doesn't look any closer, but if Ismail at Wolves is ever going to live up to the early hype he received he's going to have to start kicking down the door in the next year or so.

Post #: 39
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 6:49:41 PM   
directorscut

Conor Sammon.

What do you mean he's 26? Jesus Giovanni.

< Message edited by directorscut -- 25/3/2013 6:50:57 PM >

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 40
RE: The Lads a bit special 2014/15 or The Ones to Watch - 25/3/2013 6:56:25 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flatulent_Bob

BUMP!

Kind of linked to the other thread.

Mark Noble

This was more of a short term bump, who's going to come through in the next 12 months.

Wow, this thread is hilarious!

A lot of posters I'd forgotten about too.

I'll have to put a list together and post it on here so it can be laughed at too.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

Post #: 41
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: The Lads a bit special 06/07 or The Ones to Watch Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI