Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 20/7/2006 9:25:04 AM   
Pinkvelvet

I'm surprised no-one has mentioned this new series yet.  Apologies if another thread already exists, I couldn't see one.

Starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as a newlywed who has the ability to see ghosts, she tries to help the earthbound spirits cross over by helping them do whatever it is that causes them to stay.

My next door neighbours and I are already addicted ( this week was episode 2 - catch it again on Second chance Sunday) and it makes me cry each time because it is so touching.

Anyone else seen this yet?
Post #: 1
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 20/7/2006 11:40:28 AM   
Peppermint

I saw it and I thought the first one was a bit preachy, to be honest.

I also think Medium is a better programme, even if the theme of it is a bit different to Ghost Whisperer.

"Dr Jackson's gonna die when he sees this."

"What, again?"

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 2
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 20/7/2006 12:08:43 PM   
jediwarrior

Watched the first one. It was ok. Shall watch a few more to see how it goes. Hopefully the show will develop a story arc and not be just ghost of the week format

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Peppermint)
Post #: 3
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 20/7/2006 1:22:31 PM   
elab49

It was kind of seriously bad - and clearly aimed at god-bothering middle America with all that 'into the light' poppycock. The stories reminded me of that awful angel thing with the Irish woman, 'cept with dead people.

And surely someone should have noticed by now that the only acting Hewitt can manage is with her tits? Los of nice nightie shots for the boys, I see.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 4
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 20/7/2006 4:52:23 PM   
zombiemaster

Saw five minutes of it thought it was crap

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 5
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 21/7/2006 6:35:17 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

I've seen the first two episodes and enjoyed them both. Not great, but more than watchable. My mum ended up crying at both episodes. I like the fact that both her husband and her best mate know about her ability, rather than her trying to hide it from them.

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 6
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 21/7/2006 1:34:31 PM   
wombathog

looks like it's gonna be the same every week but I'll give it a go for a few weeks in case some sort of potential pops up.

I gave up watching Dead Zone but this looks like it's rather like that...we'll see

'Would you mind dear sir if I asked you a question, If music be the food of love are you the indigestion?'

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 7
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 24/7/2006 5:58:17 PM   
Sinatra

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

I've seen the first two episodes and enjoyed them both. Not great, but more than watchable.  I like the fact that both her husband and her best mate know about her ability, rather than her trying to hide it from them.

Sums it up for me.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 8
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 24/7/2006 6:24:48 PM   
Caster

Dull and cliched.  It was just trying to be Medium and ended up being Days of Our Lives with ghosts.  Not even Hewitt's cleavage could keep me interested and that is a sad state of affairs.  Done before and better.

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 9
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 15/6/2009 6:11:57 PM   
MI Cruise

Finally finished the first season of Ghost Whisperer, it took me 10 months to watch, last August the first season was being shown on E4 where I watched 12 episodes, then this year E4 started showing the show again from the beginning, I waited till it came to the 12th episode and resumed watching the show, I gave up on it the first time because like some of you posted above it did become a bit repetitive and even watching the last 10 episodes it looked the same, I was just waiting for the show to finish because I thought I might as well watch it till the end, however the last 2 episodes blew me away, with a decent villian and storyline ready for season 2 and the story finished season 1 with a good cliffhanger which I didnt see coming, unfortunatly because of the repetitiveness of the previous 20 episodes of the first season I think thats where it lost most it's viewers, but fortunatly for me JLH's tits were keeping me going, bring on season 2

www.letterboxd.com/micruise1/films/

(in reply to Caster)
Post #: 10
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 30/4/2010 7:41:57 PM   
MI Cruise

season 2 just started yesterday on Living and I'm gonna start watching it, season 1 was mostly a bore but was thankfully saved by a decent enough finale hopefully they improve in season 2, I know it's nothing impressive but it's got JLH in it and that's good enough for me.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 11
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 1/5/2010 2:36:58 PM   
spark1

virgin 1 is on season 3 on mondays 9pm.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 12
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 1/5/2010 3:23:23 PM   
The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

season 2 just started yesterday on Living and I'm gonna start watching it, season 1 was mostly a bore but was thankfully saved by a decent enough finale hopefully they improve in season 2, I know it's nothing impressive but it's got JLH in it and that's good enough for me.

With the power of the internet you no longer need to watch a show just to see Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I just saved you 4400 minutes.

(in reply to MI Cruise)
Post #: 13
RE: Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm - 3/5/2010 12:24:23 AM   
MI Cruise

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Mighty

quote:

ORIGINAL: MI Cruise

With the power of the internet you no longer need to watch a show just to see Jennifer Love Hewitt.

I just saved you 4400 minutes.

you tried my friend you tried, however 4400 minutes is quite a lot of Jennifer Love Hewitt and I wanna watch every second of her

(in reply to The Mighty)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Ghost Whisperer Tuesdays E4 9pm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI