Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Nicknames

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Nicknames Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Nicknames - 20/7/2006 6:41:20 PM   
crayon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sahara Desert

quote:

ORIGINAL: crayon
Surely mine is just a variant on t'others?  Besides, I call you Grandma Lillian

crayon is a nickname anyway, I use it for most internet stuff.  My best friend calls me Sultana, for reasons I shan't go into, and I received an email this morning from my Evil Twin announcing that henceforth I shall be known as Unevil Twin.  I'm not sure why it took so long for her to get that idea!  My papa calls me JJ or Number One Daughter
You missed my splendid name for you, Miss Crayola. I'm hurt.

Nah, your fantastic name for me also contains my real name which I don't particularly want to advertise on a public forum

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye.

I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy!

(in reply to Sahara Desert)
Post #: 61
RE: Nicknames - 20/7/2006 9:59:36 PM   
Sahara Desert

quote:

ORIGINAL: crayon
Nah, your fantastic name for me also contains my real name which I don't particularly want to advertise on a public forum
There's nothing to be ashamed of, Elizabethola.

@thesaharadesert

Smug Animals

Mine!

(in reply to crayon)
Post #: 62
RE: Nicknames - 20/7/2006 11:16:55 PM   
welshfirefly

mine in school was jizm which started very randomly when some1 just shouted it in a quiet class quite funny its stuck tho i quite like it

TAAAA DAAAAAAA

JEDI MIND TRICKS MAN

WATCH OUT SETLLA GUINESS IS COMING TO GET YOU

Post #: 63
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 3:21:00 PM   
trussedfund

Well I get a mixture of

Brettley
Brettles
The Brettster
Brettmeister
and
Nolan (a bad abbreviation of my sumatran sirname)

My chinese mate's nickname is mingers, which he thinks is because of the ming dynasty but is actually because he used to help out in his dad's take away and always smelled of cooking fat. 

My mate Dave used to be called spacker boy but is now just called spacker.  This is because he is a doctor of theoretical physics and therefore incapable of catching anything or performing even the most rudimentary feats of hand eye co-ordination or spacial awareness. 

He should have been on Beauty and the Geek.

quote:

mine in school was jizm which started very randomly when some1 just shouted it in a quiet class

Come on whats the real story?

They made King Kong didnt they? A film about a giant monkey trying to force himself on a very small woman but when I submit a script about a man played by me, who tries to force himself on a very small monkey, they said audiences would find it distasteful

(in reply to welshfirefly)
Post #: 64
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 3:26:06 PM   
tbird

When I was in sixth form for some really unknown reason my close pals (male I must add) started calling me Leatherface. They never explained why. All they said was that it was a term of endearment. Gave me a right comlpex though.

"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain"

(in reply to trussedfund)
Post #: 65
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 3:47:24 PM   
moontheloon

welll

People on here tend to call me moonie when they talk to me... or in Sahara's case... weeboy because she decided too one day... variations on that include moonster, moonmeister... and other things I can't remember

In real life... at various times during Secondary school I was referred to as Tank... Basically I was large and in Rugby It was very hard for people to take me down. I also hurt people if I run over them. and could carry large loads on my back for long distances (Duke of Edinburgh me carrying the entire tent and my stuff and some cooking gear for a whole day wheras everyone else spread stuff out!

Also one that I actually like is Jay or J. whatever, you get how its pronouced... Just a shorter version of my actual name, normally said by women but occasionally by some men.  I have to say it has grown on me over the years.

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to tbird)
Post #: 66
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 6:06:18 PM   
welshfirefly

not allowed to say i'd be locked up in chains and the key eaten by some1 with constipation

TAAAA DAAAAAAA

JEDI MIND TRICKS MAN

WATCH OUT SETLLA GUINESS IS COMING TO GET YOU

(in reply to moontheloon)
Post #: 67
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 7:19:25 PM   
moontheloon

thats a mighty long nickname

A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night and in between he does what he wants to do

(in reply to welshfirefly)
Post #: 68
RE: Nicknames - 21/7/2006 8:55:23 PM   
steffols

quote:

ORIGINAL: moontheloon

welll

People on here tend to call me moonie when they talk to me... or in Sahara's case... weeboy because she decided too one day... variations on that include moonster, moonmeister... and other things I can't remember

In real life... at various times during Secondary school I was referred to as Tank... Basically I was large and in Rugby It was very hard for people to take me down. I also hurt people if I run over them. and could carry large loads on my back for long distances (Duke of Edinburgh me carrying the entire tent and my stuff and some cooking gear for a whole day wheras everyone else spread stuff out!

Also one that I actually like is Jay or J. whatever, you get how its pronouced... Just a shorter version of my actual name, normally said by women but occasionally by some men.  I have to say it has grown on me over the years.

Hey! Don't forget my supercool original nicnames for you! Moonlight, Moonray, Moondust, Moon River, Musicman of the Moon

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

Post #: 69
RE: Nicknames - 22/7/2006 8:44:00 PM   
Sahara Desert

quote:

Or in Sahara's case... Weeboy because she decided to one day.
It's because you smell of wee, innit?

@thesaharadesert

Smug Animals

Mine!

Post #: 70
RE: Nicknames - 23/7/2006 5:52:12 PM   
darthbane

I've found nicknames to come more from workmates than friends. At  a place I once worked, I was PIP, we also had-
Jimbo
J
Leonard
Mickey Slick
Erk
Johnsie
Juan
Jonny White
Little Legs
Kaney
Shrek
Fids
The Bear
Pig Sick
Pants
Rene
Irish John
Nichols ("Yep. Yep. Oh yep!")
Love Sick Dave
Nasty Reece

Happy days!

"You're not safe here. No one is" Batman - Arkham City

http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/darthbane

Post #: 71
RE: Nicknames - 23/7/2006 6:21:56 PM   
swan

dee,lil dee,laydee,pollylop and taliban(my dads name for me)

**its that warriors vs baseball fury element
that glitches motor sensory developement
i am a star really,**

cmyk

(in reply to darthbane)
Post #: 72
RE: Nicknames - 24/7/2006 10:36:27 AM   
thatlittlemonkey

I have a few that I answer to:
Monkeyboy, cos I used to be able to do monkey impressions and I'm a little hairy.
Harry.  My personal favourite, but it never really caught on.
The Abbot - given to me by my best mate after he christened my flat at Uni "The Temple".  He figured a temple must have an Abbot in charge. 
Scottieboy.  'Cos my first name is Scott.

I'm going to need a SWAT Team ready to mobilise, street-level maps covering all of Florida, a pot of coffee, twelve Jammy Dodgers and a fez.

(in reply to swan)
Post #: 73
RE: Nicknames - 24/7/2006 12:28:02 PM   
moontheloon

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

quote:

welll

Hey! Don't forget my supercool original nicnames for you! Moonlight, Moonray, Moondust, Moon River, Musicman of the Moon

How could I forget those wonders

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 74
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:33:17 PM   
homersimpson_esq

One has to wonder if there should be a statute of limitations on threads. I mean, over six years. Amusingly some of the people who posted in this thread still post fairly regularly...

Anyway, I was going to start a thread on nicknames but found this one that predates my starting to post.

My nicknames have been few and far between:
Popsicle (late teens)
Pops (generic)
Titus (11-13, ish - long story)

And, most recently, Carl... The bestowing of which is what has caused me to kickstart this thread.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 75
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:44:34 PM   
Shifty Bench

My given first name is Jimmy so over the years I have had Jim, Jimbo, Jimbob, Jay, Junior (my dad is also Jimmy) and Jimothy (my personal fav, I got called it at college). I have also been called James and Jamesie as some people just can't grasp the concept that my actual name is Jimmy.......

I shan't say what my mum and my sister call me because I'll get nothing but grief from some of the numpties on here

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 76
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:47:56 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

I shan't say what my mum and my sister call me because I'll get nothing but grief from some of the numpties on here

Cherub? I bet it's cherub.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 77
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:48:39 PM   
MonsterCat

Never had a nickname but my dad used to call my sister Reagan, as in Reagan from The Exorcist.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 78
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:56:44 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson
Cherub? I bet it's cherub.

Nah. When I was a baby, my dad fecked off and it was just me and my mum so she used to talk to baby-me all the time. Just one way conversations, you know? So, she had a nickname for me as I was her 'baby boy'. As I got older, things went a bit pear-shaped and I lost that bond with my mum for a while as I went to stay with my gran. With the birth of my sister when I was 15 we started to get a bit closer. Things got much better when my mum ditched her arsehole abusive boyfriend and now we are very close so she calls me this name again, even when I'm in my 30s.

My sis calls me a variant of the name. Nobody else calls me any of the names they call me, my sister never calls me what my mum does and vice versa. I finally have the family I never really had when I was a kid, my relationships with the two females in my life can't be better

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 79
RE: Nicknames - 14/9/2012 11:57:53 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Never had a nickname but my dad used to call my sister Reagan, as in Reagan from The Exorcist.

Now, due to your username, people call you MC. That's a nickname

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 80
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 12:31:11 AM   
homersimpson_esq

My Grandad used to call me Tiger. My elder brother was Soldier, and my eldest brother was Petal, or Blossom, or something amusing.

I think I won.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 81
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 12:33:30 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

Now, due to your username, people call you MC. That's a nickname

Aw, I have a nickname now. I am pretty!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 82
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 12:46:41 AM   
Larry of Arabia

My brother alternates between calling me bawbag and fat neck, though they have thankfully never caught on with anyone (apart from my father).

"Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt."

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 83
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 1:08:03 AM   
superdan

I was not an especially nicknamed person, but I had a few (and like all good nicknames they were rather baffling):
Psycho
Oblong
Presley
Brenda
Tim

I feel I should point out I am not a psycho, nor oblong shaped. Nor is my name Presley, Brenda or Tim.

Edit: Oh, and 'Ben'. I forgot about that one.

< Message edited by superdan -- 15/9/2012 1:10:39 AM >

(in reply to Larry of Arabia)
Post #: 84
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 1:10:16 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

I was not an especially nicknamed person, but I had a few (and like all good nicknames they were rather baffling):
Psycho
Oblong
Presley
Brenda
Tim

I feel I should point out I am not a psycho, nor oblong shaped. Nor is my name Presley, Brenda or Tim.

The Brenda thing made me laugh more than it really should have done.

oh hai brenda.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 85
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 1:19:05 AM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

Psycho
Oblong
Presley
Brenda
Tim

The Brenda thing made me laugh more than it really should have done.

oh hai brenda.

Yeah... I probably shouldn't have mentioned that one.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 86
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 1:20:29 AM   
MonsterCat

I agree, Brenda.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 87
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 6:35:25 AM   
horribleives

My missus calls me Bunny and occasionally Mr David. It's both endearingly sweet and intensely arousing.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 88
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 1:12:12 PM   
steffols

My best friend calls me Stepha Lynch after David Lynch (not the director, some guy we used to work with) after I shouted his name in the work canteen in front of everybody and made everyone think I was a bit special.

My other half calls me Stephatron and I call him Jamesanie which came about after he 'full named' me (I never use my full name) and I replied trying to full name him but because I use his full name, the only thing I could do was add the last part of my name to his name. It stuck and that is now his name.

< Message edited by steffols -- 15/9/2012 1:13:17 PM >

It's midnight in Manhattan, this is no time to get cute, it's a mad dog's promenade,
So walk tall, or baby don't walk at all.

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 89
RE: Nicknames - 15/9/2012 4:38:44 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: steffols

My best friend calls me Stepha Lynch after David Lynch (not the director, some guy we used to work with) after I shouted his name in the work canteen in front of everybody and made everyone think I was a bit special.

My other half calls me Stephatron and I call him Jamesanie which came about after he 'full named' me (I never use my full name) and I replied trying to full name him but because I use his full name, the only thing I could do was add the last part of my name to his name. It stuck and that is now his name.

If you're Stephatron, shouldn't he be Jamesimus Prime?

Bristol Bad Film Club

(in reply to steffols)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Nicknames Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI