Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Nicknames - new posts from 2012 start on P3!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Nicknames - new posts from 2012 start on P3! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Nicknames - new posts from 2012 start on P3! - 17/7/2006 11:47:28 PM   
Goodfella

I think there's been a thread about this before but I can't seem too find it anywhere so sorry if there is! Please don't lock this one James...

So do you have a nickname? Mine's Ropes. My second name's Roper you see, so yeah, don't ask me how that came too be as it was started up by the thickest lad at school who just said it on the bus once and it stuck. It's now followed me for about five years and I even have girls, teachers and mate's parents calling me it. My sister's even called little Ropes by some people although it is pretty distinctive in clubs when someone yells "hey ropes!" cause my real name's Tom and it's likely about 20 people would look up and it's nice too have one anyway that's not offensive. The offensive one is "Roper, hah, Raper!" Yeah, never heard that before...

What about funny nicknames you know? The local doctor is called Doctor Death and he's even addressed as it and just laughs.

Actually, that's not funny...

< Message edited by homersimpson_esq -- 14/9/2012 11:34:20 PM >

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

If you can quote the rules, then you can obey them.

Post #: 1
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:51:17 PM   
Iaian

Mines is Auld China. Started off as a laugh but it's carried on. Even gets shortened to China.

Currently watching: Homeland, Sons of Anarchy, Revolution, The Walking Dead, The Americans, Blue Bloods, Breaking Bad, Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Raising Hope, South Park.

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 2
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:53:08 PM   
Sahara Desert

A couple of the forumites refer to me by my username in real life, but other than that, it's not happening, and not for the want of people trying. A couple of my colleagues are desperately attempting to introduce one into my life but I'm vehemently against it. It says Sarah on my birth certificate and it's how I like to be referred to.

@thesaharadesert

Smug Animals

Mine!

(in reply to Goodfella)
Post #: 3
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:53:31 PM   
Henry JW

Mine is Hens but only 4 or 5 people call me that.

(in reply to Iaian)
Post #: 4
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:56:39 PM   
Hood_Man

Hoodman.  I add the underscore to use it as a username.

(in reply to Henry JW)
Post #: 5
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:58:07 PM   
24Dan

Etchels,Dan, Cunt (thats my mums fave). Patrick Magoo

Professional Analrapist

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 6
RE: Nicknames - 17/7/2006 11:58:24 PM   
jinks

Mine's Pasta, i'm half Italian and my friends call me it. I'm even on their mobiles as Pasta too

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 7
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:06:15 AM   
Goodfella

With the exception of a few female friends at work, everyone pretty much calls me Ropes. I have a different kind of relationship with them and they weren't involved in my school or college life so they're the only one's that don't. It's even shortened to just 'rope' sometimes if the said person can't be bothered to completely finish it.

"It is the Shawshank Redemption! Just with more tunneling through shit and less fucking redemption."

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 8
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:13:55 AM   
clarabell

I have been known to be called Clarabell (hence the username), clairy, clairyfairy, clairebear or freckles.  My dad calls me a variety of names - the usual type dad's call their daughters - princess, petal, pumpkin, toots.  I also have a very good male friend who calls me a new nickname every time we speak - he's come out with some very strange but very very good ones!  I love them all but Ginger Goddess has got to be one of the best!  I was also called frecklesome lovely by another mate yesterday and it completely made my day!  Nicknames are great!  As long as they're good ones! 

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to jinks)
Post #: 9
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:17:09 AM   
Goodfella

My dad used to call me 'my mate marmite' () when I was younger and he called my sister 'sausage'. A friend who's a girl constantly calls me 'honey' () and I refer to another female friend as 'trouble' as just a cute, affectionate thing. I was freaked out on saturday night when my manager called me 'babe'...

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 10
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:21:58 AM   
Chrisdee

I've had several in my life time
Chris
Christy
Cari
Slut
Hoe
Hootchie
*itch
Kissy
Criqueko
Crissy-Chris
Chorizo (?sp)
*my last name*
aquario

and that's all I can remember

< Message edited by Chrisdee -- 18/7/2006 3:28:05 AM >

Enjoy this moment

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 11
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:53:50 AM   
Hood_Man

Oh yeah, my ICT/Business Studies teacher used to call me "Hoodie".

And in year 7 my nickname was Robin.  Personally I don't get it.

(in reply to Chrisdee)
Post #: 12
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 1:03:02 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

At school (junior and senior) my nickname was Winnie (as in The Pooh) on account of my surname being Winchester! It stuck for many years, until I left secondary education really, and from then I tried to rid myself of it!
There are a handful of WANKERS that still insist on calling me it, but I tend to either ignore them if they are calling out to me, or have a quiet word in their ear!

More recently people have referred to me as either Bear, Mr Bear, Stevey Bear, or some such 'Bear-themed' moniker. Not sure who came up with it, or why, but its stuck and I dont mind! It kinda preceeds me these days, people tend to know the name, then find themselves disappointed when they meet the man! lol
"Oh, you're Stevey Bear....!" *cue mildly disappointed look*

Im getting used to that now though...

Other names I have been known by over the years, by various people...

Skids ('Skidmark Steve' - BASEketball reference - only one guy called me that, private joke more than anything, I DONT have a wiping problem )
Fat Lad (I was actually Fat Lad #4, there were three others)
Portly (derived from the Fat Lad thing)
Steve-O (yeah dude)
Silas (Dangermouse reference, I used to do a mean Greenback voice - and Stiletto actually - again, only one person calls me it, and I still use it from time to time)
Bisley (Spaced reference, anyone who has seen the plasticine model of me I posted will know what im on about - my ex called me it)

I think thats about it....

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 June 15, 2008

(in reply to Sahara Desert)
Post #: 13
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 1:09:16 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone
It kinda preceeds me these days, people tend to know the name, then find themselves disappointed when they meet the man! lol
"Oh, you're Stevey Bear....!" *cue mildly disappointed look*

I get that a bit with Hoodman.  It's kind of a famous name round these parts (dunno why...) and when people meet me I can tell what an anti-climax it is for them.

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 14
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 1:19:01 AM   
My Life in Pictures

My nickname has been J for pretty much my whole life. My first name begins with J so it doesn't take a genius how I got it. It's not very interesting or orginal or anything but I quite like it. My school mates tweaked it to JD after Scrubs came out, apparently we're pretty similar (which pleases me becauses I think he's hi-larious).

I was also called Zunny between 1999 and 2002. I tried to get used to it but thankfully it passed.

Edited for boldness.

< Message edited by My Life in Pictures -- 18/7/2006 7:51:07 PM >

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 15
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 3:02:23 AM   
LiliBee

Anyone who knows me from here knows me by one of my nicknames 

Li / Lili / Lil / Lils - all versions of my real name, and all used more often!
HM The Queen / HM / HM Queen Lis - erm, long story. It's from my third year at university where I won the mock battle for dominion of the block. Guess you had to be there
Simpson - cos my real first name's Lisa. I once doctored my ID (which i'm supposed to show everytime I walk into the building) to have a picture of Lisa Simpson on just to see if anyone would notice. They didn't. It stayed for about 6 months.
'That Pommie tech girl at RDP' - from customers in aussieland.
Tart / Hussy / Goth / Dappy Bint - all courtesy of my loving older brother and used interchangeably. Don't think he actually knows my name!
Lillian - courtesy of Ms Crayon

Don't believe a word

(in reply to My Life in Pictures)
Post #: 16
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 8:17:19 AM   
AgentGoth

It depends on who it is as to what they call me.

To most people, it's Moose, to others it's Wiggy, and then the odd few call me by a shortened version of my name, or my surname. I like Moose best.

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to LiliBee)
Post #: 17
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 8:33:00 AM   
Hardcore Raver

'Disco' is my most recent nickname, which comes from a combination of my love of raving, and the fact that I had a big afro for about a year or so. All the others are pretty unimaginative based on my surname.

Love Football. Hate FIFA.

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 18
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 8:37:32 AM   
AgentGoth

That avatar rocks! I used to watch that when I was ickle!

"Sheriff Perry! You are violating my territorial bubble!"

(in reply to Hardcore Raver)
Post #: 19
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 8:58:59 AM   
clownfoot

Clownfoot, surprisingly.

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to AgentGoth)
Post #: 20
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 9:09:26 AM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Clownfoot, surprisingly.

That's not what we refer to you as, although coincidentally it does start with a "c".

One of my nicknames is actually jonson, along with ronty, ronson, ronno and bizarrely, malcolm.
It's a long story, and I doubt any of you are interested.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

(in reply to clownfoot)
Post #: 21
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 9:27:52 AM   
Jim

Well at school one person called me "Jimbo" and another "Jimmy" but they both use it sparingly and called me James at least half the time. I quite liked the mix and the fact it was sort of unique to each person. Once I started at uni I over-played my hand when my friends and I were discussing nicknames, and now everyone always calls me Jim which took a bit of getting used to (my Dad calls me Jim occasionally, but overwhelmingly people have always called me James). I tried to cull it a bit, and bring back my much-loved mix of 'James' and whatever nickname, but I only ended up confusing people and making them worry they were annoying me. So Jim it is, at least while I'm at uni.

I suppose Jim etc. isn't a very creative nickname, but at first my nickname at uni was Dutch, for absolutely NO reason, except someone thought it 'sounded cool'. We later realised that person was a complete wanker. I really didn't like that one so I stamped it out and made it clear that that one genuinely did annoy me.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 22
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 10:41:23 AM   
KnightofZyryab

Some people call me "Ju" as it shortens my first name, and others call me Lando out of Star Wars; so I have to greet everyone by going "Boy you gotta lotta guts comin' back here...

Imminent viewings : The Place Beyond the Pines

Read my blog at: http://alcentrodelaberinto.blogspot.com/

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 23
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 10:56:12 AM   
Funkyrae

Ratchild, Bugsy, Molly.  One of my teachers used to call me frilly bit (very long story but actually quite innocent).  I've also been Rags and Domino.  But Funky or Funkster is the one that seems to have stuck.  The abbreviation of my name is what I usually introduce myself as but I don't really regard that as a name.

My brother now gets Bugsy.  I'm most upset to have lost that title.

That's me that is!

(in reply to KnightofZyryab)
Post #: 24
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 11:06:25 AM   
Jagsman1971

When I was going through school I was desperate to have a nickname.  My older bro was called DB (his initials), and I tried really hard to get my mates to call me GB, but it never took and they always called me by my first name. 

Now, 20 years later, and not in the least due to the fact that there are four other guys in my work with the same first name, I get called GB by my work mates.  And I love it.  It's almost like a term of endearment.  I also love they way it gets lengthened, when I say something ribald or downright filthy (which is fairly common) to GEEEEBEEE!!!!!

As I was saying at school I always wanted a nickname and never had one, but since I started working I've had tons.  

Coops, cause I had a thing for Special Agent Dale Cooper, had the long trench coat, kept sipping my coffee and saying 'That's damn fine coffee'. 

Habeeb, cause I made a joke one night but wanting to be called Habeeb.  Taken out of context from the whole conversation it doesn't make a lick of sense, but it was really funny at the time.  You had to be there.  Honest.

Big Chops.  Due to my Big Chops, aparently.  One of mates can't stop calling me this (10 years after everyone else stopped) and at the time all the people from that squad of guys had nicknames, no one was known by there name.

Weeman.  It's just really my bro that calls me this.  Just about everyone else calls me bigman, or Big Stuff, or like my old boss in Belfast, Big Lad.  I think it's his stab at irony.  In fact me and my brother's never seem to use our names anymore it's all just nicknames.  I call my middle bro 'The Dude' after the big lebowski, my stab at irony, cause he's no where near as cool.  And my eldest brother I call 'Chubs' or 'El Chuberino' cos I'm not down with the whole brevity thing, which is very much the pot calling the kettle black.

There's also a girl that calls me 'Legend', but she's the only one, and for reasons I can't quite fathom.

< Message edited by Jagsman1971 -- 18/7/2006 11:07:36 AM >

"You know how to dial a phone don't you? Just stick your finger in the hole and make little circles"

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 25
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 11:09:07 AM   
Dragonfall 5

Jimbob.  Comes from my first name James, which I never actually use.

I think I've mentioned this before, but I've got two groups of friends who call me Jimbob.  Bizzarely enough, each group gave me the nickname at around about the same time but they have absolutely no contact with each other.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 26
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 11:16:46 AM   
DJ Rob C: Mark II!

Mainly, Rob... but DJ Rob C is my oldest nickname and most popular...

When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die

Third Highest Post Count on the Forum, sad but proud!

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 27
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 11:18:13 AM   
JV

My nickname at school was JR. There's a story behind that but I'm not telling it. I still see my old maths teacher occasionally and he still calls me it (probably no longer remembers my real name ).

I got called Mindy for most of my time at university, and my mates from there still call me that from time to time. It all got a bit complicated though cos I would get introduced to new people as Mindy so consequently my parents would get miffed when stuff turned up in the post addressed to me, "Who's Mindy?"

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 28
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 11:27:14 AM   
DJ Satan

Surprisingly mine is Satan. It started off being the Spawn of Satan but after an eventful night involving drinks and ladies my friends decided I had come of age and soon dropped the Spawn.

It's fun being introduced to a room of old people as Satan and there first response is "You can't call him that!". Well my friends can and they do.

At the wedding I was at last weekend my Mum kept referring to all these people I had never heard off on the seating plan. Turned out most of them were people I have known just by their nicknames for the last five to ten years. 

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 29
RE: Nicknames - 18/7/2006 12:29:00 PM   
clownfoot

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: clownfoot

Clownfoot, surprisingly.

That's not what we refer to you as, although coincidentally it does start with a "c".

Cumquat?
Coolio?
Colin?

Evil Mod 2 - Hail he who has fallen from the sky to deliver us from the terror of the Deadites!

http://www.thepixelempire.net/index.html
http://clownfootsinversemidas.blogspot.com/

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Nicknames - new posts from 2012 start on P3! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI