Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man of Steel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Man of Steel Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man of Steel - 14/5/2013 2:07:11 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

Yeah you're both right about the running Zombies thing having been done before, I stand corrected. Nevertheless I do still think Man of Steel will be awesome - even if Snyder didn't actually re-invent a genre!

Technically we are both off the mark too according to this google search:

If your familar with the mainstream horror flicks like "Dawn of the Dead"(2004) and "28 Days Later".. saying they running zombies are new, WRONG!

They have existed before in early foreign horror movies that you should definitely watch! there was of course Umberto Lenzi's 1980 Horror/Sci-fi/action shocker "Nightmare City" ( a.k.a. City of the Walking Dead) which featured the first running zombies but these zombies also drove cars, have cruddy faces, and weild weapons including sucking blood like vampires.

Then there was "Lifeforce", "Return of the Living Dead trilogy", 'The Stuff" and "Zombi 3" that also had zombies that ran.

They drove cars? Jesus! That's going a bit far isn't it? I mean if you have a bunch of braindead, cruddy faced bloodsuckers running, driving cars and generally preying on the weak then they're not zombies anymore are they - they're Tories?

Anyway, Man of Steel........

oh hey! " Bit of Politics!"!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2881
RE: Man of Steel - 14/5/2013 2:37:07 PM   
Artoo

Well, it's healthy to mix things up once in a while! Religion will be next!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2882
RE: Man of Steel - 15/5/2013 1:27:22 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

oi! get a bloody avatar man!!

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2883
RE: Man of Steel - 15/5/2013 2:28:39 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

oi! get a bloody avatar man!!

Yeah, I should sort that out really..........

I'll see if I can rustle one up!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2884
Man of Steel - 19/5/2013 10:14:39 AM   
Alistair

New, short, making-of feature...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/62478

To see Superman smiling at the thrill of flying....wow!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2885
RE: Man of Steel - 19/5/2013 9:21:06 PM   
Alistair

Epic piece of concept art...

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/arapoda/img2448dd_zpsf888a521.jpg

Hope we see this kind of thing in the film - Trains being flung!!!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2886
RE: Man of Steel - 20/5/2013 9:29:37 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

Epic piece of concept art...

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac323/arapoda/img2448dd_zpsf888a521.jpg

Hope we see this kind of thing in the film - Trains being flung!!!

You will!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2887
RE: Man of Steel - 20/5/2013 11:50:36 AM   
pete_traynor

When I first looked at that I just thought it had come out the back of a station or something… it’s stuck in the side of a skyscraper! Cool!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2888
RE: Man of Steel - 20/5/2013 3:43:57 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

When I first looked at that I just thought it had come out the back of a station or something… it’s stuck in the side of a skyscraper! Cool!

A Lot of the Superman himself imagery in this movie seems to be very much based on Alex Ross's artwork!. Cavil exiting the FOS) Which is no bad thing and actually really rather awesome as hes my Fav!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2889
RE: Man of Steel - 20/5/2013 4:38:46 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

When I first looked at that I just thought it had come out the back of a station or something… it's stuck in the side of a skyscraper! Cool!

A Lot of the Superman himself imagery in this movie seems to be very much based on Alex Ross's artwork!. Cavil exiting the FOS) Which is no bad thing and actually really rather awesome as hes my Fav!

Yep, Ross is an absolutely phenomenal artist! He’s nailed iconic Superman images countless times. His Mythology book is just awe inspiring to flick through.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2890
RE: Man of Steel - 20/5/2013 6:54:00 PM   
ripperman

quote:

quote:

quote:

When I first looked at that I just thought it had come out the back of a station or something… it's stuck in the side of a skyscraper! Cool!

Yep, Ross is an absolutely phenomenal artist! He’s nailed iconic Superman images countless times. His Mythology book is just awe inspiring to flick through.

Oh yes indeed. I’ll throw Kingdom Come in there too, even though not solely a superman story I love Ross’ interpretation of an older him. He bares an uncanny resemblance to older Morrissey too so…comics, Superman, Morrissey…you can’t lose, well for me anyway!

Post #: 2891
RE: Man of Steel - 21/5/2013 1:00:34 PM   
Dannybohy

Anyone seen any MOS merchandise in the stores in the Uk yet??!

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 2892
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 7:30:17 AM   
Drew_231

New trailer y'all
(at least I think it's new)

http://io9.com/man-of-steel-trailer-shows-off-supermans-heat-vision-509223829

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2893
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 9:42:21 AM   
pete_traynor

HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3Y6VmCA4Z4 

(in reply to Drew_231)
Post #: 2894
Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 1:39:12 PM   
Alistair

I wonder what Bryan Singer must make of this film, if he's seen the trailers.

If he has it's probably like "Oh, so that's how you make a Superman movie!".

Post #: 2895
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 1:49:54 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I wonder what CENSORED must make of this film, if he's seen the trailers.

Dont say that man's name in full on this thread! how dare you!!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2896
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 1:58:36 PM   
pete_traynor

Is it just me or is the hand around Kal El’s throat in this shot absolutely massive?

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/499/3812/original.jpg

Could Doomsday be in this in some way after all…

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2897
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 2:03:57 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

I bet he feels like a bloody idiot!

Returns was made with obvious heart and affection… but not really for Superman and more for Donner. When stacked against the MoS footage we’ve now seen you just have to wonder… what the hell was he doing! It was so dull.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2898
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 2:31:14 PM   
burnie

quote:

More action in the 90 seconds trailer than 2 hours of Superman Returns.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2899
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 2:38:32 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

I bet he feels like a bloody idiot!

Returns was made with obvious heart and affection… but not really for Superman and more for Donner. When stacked against the MoS footage we’ve now seen you just have to wonder… what the hell was he doing! It was so dull.

I didn't hate Returns as much as some people but it was seriously lacking in action! Bryan Singer should rightly take note and make X-Men Days of Future Past with this is mind!

Post #: 2900
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 3:50:45 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Is it just me or is the hand around Kal El’s throat in this shot absolutely massive?

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/499/3812/original.jpg

Could Doomsday be in this in some way after all…

I am sure that hand is the Fully CGi bad guy we spotted in early green screen set photos, I think its some other type of alien, perhaps a slave to Zod but not Doomsday

Post #: 2901
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 8:45:06 PM   
Alistair

quote:

I am sure that hand is the Fully CGi bad guy we spotted in early green screen set photos, I think its some other type of alien, perhaps a slave to Zod but not Doomsday

The hand belongs to Zod, because it was Shannon who had to wear a CGI onesie while on set. His space suit (or whatever it is) is massive and it seems he wears it for the majority of the movie.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2902
RE: Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 8:50:41 PM   
Alistair

quote:

I didn't hate Returns as much as some people but it was seriously lacking in action! Bryan Singer should rightly take note and make X-Men Days of Future Past with this is mind!

I don't hate Returns either, but it just wasn't an exciting Superman film. It dwelled too much on what came before, and while some may consider this a strength, with the passage of time between those films I consider it a great weakness.

There's a quick glimpse of some really strong emotion from Cavill in the trailers and TV spots, with real outbursts of anger and conflict and that's what I've wanted to see for a long time. The very quick shot of Superman's nuclear eyeballs lit up is just amazing. I'm sure he's going to lay the smackdown on Zod in that scene, or Faora. With anger comes his true, terrifying, great power and that's something that every Superman fan has wanted to see, ever. The eyeballs have only ever shot out thin lasers in the Donner/Singer film(s) but some of the comics have portrayed his eyeballs as fiery, nuclear-strength blasts that can destroy with astonishing ease..

I love what Russell Crowe's Jor El says in one of the TV spots:

"Never stop testing your limits."

< Message edited by Alistair -- 22/5/2013 8:55:02 PM >

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2903
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 22/5/2013 11:15:30 PM   
Sutty

I really don't wish to offend anyone...

But I just got a frickin' hard on watching this trailer!!!! WOW!!!!

This could just be the Superman movie I always wanted!! Holy cow!!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2904
Man of Steel - 22/5/2013 11:42:34 PM   
Alistair

I've just been re-watching Kevin Smith's legendary story of his involvement with a Superman Reborn script, years ago.

For anyone who's seen it, you'll know it's well worth a re-watch and anyone who hasn't then....enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vgYhLIThTvk

P.S - Sutty, best o' luck with that hard-on!

< Message edited by Alistair -- 22/5/2013 11:43:07 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2905
RE: Man of Steel - 23/5/2013 9:24:48 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

I don't hate Returns either, but it just wasn't an exciting Superman film. It dwelled too much on what came before, and while some may consider this a strength, with the passage of time between those films I consider it a great weakness.

There's a quick glimpse of some really strong emotion from Cavill in the trailers and TV spots, with real outbursts of anger and conflict and that's what I've wanted to see for a long time. The very quick shot of Superman's nuclear eyeballs lit up is just amazing. I'm sure he's going to lay the smackdown on Zod in that scene, or Faora. With anger comes his true, terrifying, great power and that's something that every Superman fan has wanted to see, ever. The eyeballs have only ever shot out thin lasers in the Donner/Singer film(s) but some of the comics have portrayed his eyeballs as fiery, nuclear-strength blasts that can destroy with astonishing ease..

I love what Russell Crowe's Jor El says in one of the TV spots:

"Never stop testing your limits."

Your so right! I think a scene like this would give the character another dimension in terms of showing people the reason for his inner struggle - i.e he is afraid of his own powers! There's gotta be a scene where he loses his rag with that pesky Zod and Co and goes absolutely chicken-oriental on their collective arses to show what he is REALLY capable of!

I'm kinda glad they're keeping the heat vision somewhat under wraps (although we may get another trailer with more footage of it between now and it's release date), but they need to be careful not to make them too powerful as they will likely be looking to use Darkseid in the (potential) Justice League movie - and his Omega beams piss all over Supe's heat vision!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2906
RE: Man of Steel - 23/5/2013 9:29:38 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

The hand belongs to Zod, because it was Shannon who had to wear a CGI onesie while on set. His space suit (or whatever it is) is massive and it seems he wears it for the majority of the movie.

Ah, touched by the Hand of Zod

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 23/5/2013 9:30:01 AM >

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2907
RE: Man of Steel - 23/5/2013 10:24:15 AM   
Dirk Miggler

These trailers have been top drawer lets hope the film can live up to expectation set by these stunning trailers !

Post #: 2908
RE: Man of Steel - 23/5/2013 10:46:31 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

These trailers have been top drawer lets hope the film can live up to expectation set by these stunning trailers !

Fingers crossed, as the last time I was this impressed by a trailer campaign, it was for Prometheus. I thought the trailers for that (especially the teaser!) were outstanding! The film itself, hmmmm not so much… 

Let’s just hope that Man of Steel has the substance and story to make it really stand out, as a Superman film should!

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 2909
RE: Man of Steel - 23/5/2013 11:52:42 AM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

Fingers crossed, as the last time I was this impressed by a trailer campaign, it was for Prometheus. I thought the trailers for that (especially the teaser!) were outstanding! The film itself, hmmmm not so much… 

Let’s just hope that Man of Steel has the substance and story to make it really stand out, as a Superman film should!

I think peoples expectations for Prometheus were higher (see frickin sky-high) than they are for Man of Steel purely because of what it was following (or more accurately what it was the prequel to) and the fact that it was Ridley Scott's first Sci-Fi pic since Blade Runner. Man of Steel is following Superman Returns and Zach Snyder's last movie was Sucker Punch! I rest my case!

Post #: 2910
Page:   <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Man of Steel Page: <<   < prev  95 96 [97] 98 99   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI