Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 5/3/2013 3:16:16 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

read today on the ol' interweb that we can expect "matrix like" action scenes in the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

A mere 100 days now until it opens...

I'd assume they mean the Dragonball Z influenced in-air kung fu from The Matrix Revolutions.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2581
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 5/3/2013 4:17:44 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

read today on the ol' interweb that we can expect "matrix like" action scenes in the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

A mere 100 days now until it opens...

I'd assume they mean the Dragonball Z influenced in-air kung fu from The Matrix Revolutions.

Because the Matrix scenes where so awesome.....they didnt look as bad as the Harry Potter Quidditch match scenes at all!

I would have more confidence and anticipation if the quote had said we can expect Iron-man like scenes!!...i feel sad now

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 5/3/2013 4:19:04 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2582
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 5/3/2013 4:47:44 PM   
pete_traynor

Double sold! If we’re talking the first Matrix…

To this day, that set piece with the helicopter is still an edge of seat display of action cinema perfection…

Sequels really didn’t even come close in the execution of their action scenes… especially anything involving flying!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2583
Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 6/3/2013 10:48:16 AM   
Alistair

Even thought I don't want too much exposure to this film (that'll be impossible!) I'm looking forward to seeing some more action beats, 'cause we've seen nothing yet. I really hope they nail the CGI. There's no doubt that Cavill will be an entirely CGI model when he's in full-on action mode and CGI humans haven't been all that good in the past (Neo in the Matrix trilogy, and the CGI double of Routh in Superman Returns = Awful).

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2584
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 14/3/2013 8:48:36 PM   
Sutty

Just seen a pic from some japanese toy fair and the Jor El figure is holding what looks like a rifle!!! What is that about???

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2585
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 14/3/2013 8:56:40 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

Just seen a pic from some japanese toy fair and the Jor El figure is holding what looks like a rifle!!! What is that about???

I think there's a war scene flashback moment,though I cant clarify it with a 100% certainty atm.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2586
Man of Steel - 19/3/2013 1:39:16 PM   
Alistair

I wonder what the purpose of Zod and Faora's heavy battle armour is. It's been revealed in this month's Total Film that Zod's armour will be computer-generated (and produced via motion capture) because it would have been too heavy for Michael Shannon to wear for real. Interesting.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 19/3/2013 1:40:10 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2587
RE: Man of Steel - 19/3/2013 6:01:43 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

I wonder what the purpose of Zod and Faora's heavy battle armour is. It's been revealed in this month's Total Film that Zod's armour will be computer-generated (and produced via motion capture) because it would have been too heavy for Michael Shannon to wear for real. Interesting.

I think the reason they are using CGI armour because the real armour slowed down Michael Shannon and restrict his movement. He playing a villain with the same super powers as Superman. It's going to look odd seeing Zod sluggish movement on screen when reality he is so strong, the weight of the armour wouldn't effect him.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2588
RE: Man of Steel - 19/3/2013 11:35:20 PM   
Sutty

I think he means more along the lines of why is Zod wearing body armour in the first place? But then, I dont think Shannon could pull off Stamps silky little number from the early 80's do you?! lol. Im actually really looking forward to this.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2589
RE: Man of Steel - 20/3/2013 1:34:36 PM   
Alistair

quote:

I think he means more along the lines of why is Zod wearing body armour in the first place? But then, I dont think Shannon could pull off Stamps silky little number from the early 80's do you?! lol. Im actually really looking forward to this.

Bingo! One of the Jor El action figures shows him wearing some kind of battle suit, so maybe we're going to see some sort of battle on Krypton before the planet explodes. Why would Zod keep this armour on when he's on Earth though? He doesn't need it.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2590
RE: Man of Steel - 21/3/2013 7:15:45 AM   
jobloffski

Plot point? So he can dupe Supes...Doesn't immediately reveal he has powers too?

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2591
RE: Man of Steel - 21/3/2013 2:02:24 PM   
Mr Gittes

...or he just likes the look

(in reply to jobloffski)
Post #: 2592
RE: Man of Steel - 21/3/2013 3:41:46 PM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

Bingo! One of the Jor El action figures shows him wearing some kind of battle suit, so maybe we're going to see some sort of battle on Krypton before the planet explodes. Why would Zod keep this armour on when he's on Earth though? He doesn't need it.

Does this new incarnation of Zod immediately realise he has the power that he does? Does the Kryptonian armour protect him from Kal El's super powers?, presumably it's "super armour", or maybe he just thinks he looks bloody cool in his battle dress!!

We'll have to wait and see

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2593
RE: Man of Steel - 21/3/2013 4:46:31 PM   
pete_traynor

It took time for Superman’s powers to fully develop on Earth, so perhaps it will be similar for Zod. Might be much accelerated, as he is already fully grown when exposed to our Sun but something along those lines would explain and justify his need for armor… initially anyway.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 2594
RE: Man of Steel - 21/3/2013 7:14:32 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Does this new incarnation of Zod immediately realise he has the power that he does? Does the Kryptonian armour protect him from Kal El's super powers?, presumably it's "super armour", or maybe he just thinks he looks bloody cool in his battle dress!!

We'll have to wait and see

Perhaps a lead-lined armour to protect him from kryptonite should Earth's military (U.S armed forces really) somehow discover kryptonians are averse to it.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 2595
Man of Steel - 22/3/2013 9:53:37 AM   
Alistair

There's a quick glimpse in the second trailer that showed Supes and Zod flying toward each other (at high speed) in Metropolis, and Zod is still wearing the armour. So maybe it is a form of protection (battle armour). He clearly has use of his full powers when wearing the suit.

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 2596
RE: Man of Steel - 22/3/2013 11:52:38 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

I think the reason they are using CGI armour because the real armour slowed down Michael Shannon and restrict his movement. He playing a villain with the same super powers as Superman. It's going to look odd seeing Zod sluggish movement on screen when reality he is so strong, the weight of the armour wouldn't effect him.

I'd say with or without a real costume Shannon would probably need CGI effects for the fight scenes like lifting cars and flying etc.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2597
RE: Man of Steel - 29/3/2013 1:06:49 PM   
film man aidy

(POTENTIAL) SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that even with producers of Man of Steel being coy over whether or not Lex Luthor will appear in some form, it's pretty much a given. He may not be the film's big bad this time around, but it's too bigger opportunity to miss for laying the groundwork for sequels. Like the character or not, I will be amazed he isn't in it. And just think how well the final reveal worked for Batman Begins with the Joker...

On a casting note, it was rumoured long ago, that Bradley Cooper may pop up playing him. Not too sure what I think about that...A fine actor, but I would prefer an unknown....

SPOILERS END

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2598
RE: Man of Steel - 29/3/2013 3:46:37 PM   
Judge

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

I think that even with producers of Man of Steel being coy over whether or not Lex Luthor will appear in some form, it's pretty much a given. He may not be the film's big bad this time around, but it's too bigger opportunity to miss for laying the groundwork for sequels. Like the character or not, I will be amazed he isn't in it. And just think how well the final reveal worked for Batman Begins with the Joker...

On a casting note, it was rumoured long ago, that Bradley Cooper may pop up playing him. Not too sure what I think about that...A fine actor, but I would prefer an unknown....

SPOILERS END

That's not a spoiler that's you speculating that you think Lex might appear in it.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2599
RE: Man of Steel - 29/3/2013 4:08:01 PM   
film man aidy

It's a POTENTIAL spoiler if you want see it without knowing every twist and turn. Anyways, if you head over to Aintitcool, there is a new article today about this very thing...

(in reply to Judge)
Post #: 2600
RE: Man of Steel - 5/4/2013 1:50:09 PM   
Don_a_van

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

SPOILERS END

Oh dear God, I really hope not!

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2601
Man of Steel - 9/4/2013 1:53:18 PM   
Alistair

I got quite excited this morning when I saw there was a TV spot online to watch. Ti's a shame it contained absolutely no new footage (except for an extended delivery of the line "Where do I come from?").

The marketing will properly kick off sometime in the next month, but I'm quite enjoying the relative secrecy at the moment - I don't know what to expect of this film at the moment, and I'm quite glad about that.

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2602
RE: Man of Steel - 9/4/2013 3:51:56 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

I got quite excited this morning when I saw there was a TV spot online to watch. Ti's a shame it contained absolutely no new footage (except for an extended delivery of the line "Where do I come from?").

The marketing will properly kick off sometime in the next month, but I'm quite enjoying the relative secrecy at the moment - I don't know what to expect of this film at the moment, and I'm quite glad about that.

Pretty sure the new trailer is due this month… the 13th is ringing a bell for some reason.

But I might try and skip it, so I'll be going in with only the briefest of ideas about the film. Mind you, I said that about the teaser… and cracked….. and the first theatrical…. And cracked! So I guess, given previous form I'll probably watch the sh!t if of the new one too

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 9/4/2013 3:52:41 PM >

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2603
RE: Man of Steel - 9/4/2013 8:35:37 PM   
Alistair

It will be interesting to see which direction they take with the next trailer. More story? Random shots? Big action stuff? All three, most likely.

I'm really curious to see some flying stuff, to see how well they've nailed it. It looks as though they're making out that Superman creates enormous energy in his body in order to leap in to the sky, so I don't think we're going to get any of the 'gentle' take-off and landings we've had in the past (i.e, blatant wire work!). It was said in Empire that Snyder wanted Cavill to be an 'effect' when flying (i.e: no blue-screen, which can be dodgy), so I'm intrigued about it all.

Also can't wait for Zimmer's score to make its debut online sometime in the near future. It seems standard practice for soundtracks to be officially streamed online, so I'm looking forward to that!

Post #: 2604
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 9:29:42 AM   
Artoo

*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW*******

I just read an interview with Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams over on Latino review. Cavill and Adams didn't really give too much away but Snyder went on to say that Kryptonite will not feature in the movie!! Whether this is a red herring or not I don't know but it's certainly a bold move if true. I guess that means the only way Supe's will find himself in mortal danger in this movie will be at the hands of Zod and Faora! Fine by me............

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2605
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 10:09:04 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW*******

I just read an interview with Zack Snyder, Henry Cavill and Amy Adams over on Latino review. Cavill and Adams didn't really give too much away but Snyder went on to say that Kryptonite will not feature in the movie!! Whether this is a red herring or not I don't know but it's certainly a bold move if true. I guess that means the only way Supe's will find himself in mortal danger in this movie will be at the hands of Zod and Faora! Fine by me............

*******POSSIBLE SPOILERS CONTINUE*******

Makes sense I suppose.

In the first film you will have him (inevitably) defeat the villains and in the eyes of us puny earthlings he will be utterly invincible. Then in the sequel they get to roll out his real achilles heel… along with Doomsday with a bit of luck

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2606
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 12:31:02 PM   
Timon

Apparently (and this is by no means confirmed), but I heard Synder and Abrams have requested that the trailers only show stuff that happens in the first hour of the film so as not to 'show all the good stuff too soon'.

Makes sense with these highly anticipated films - but I'm pretty sure there are glimpses of a third act smackdown in the Superman one.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 2607
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 1:21:46 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Apparently (and this is by no means confirmed), but I heard Synder and Abrams have requested that the trailers only show stuff that happens in the first hour of the film so as not to 'show all the good stuff too soon'.

Makes sense with these highly anticipated films - but I'm pretty sure there are glimpses of a third act smackdown in the Superman one.

A prudent move! There's nothing worse than going to the flicks only to realise that you've already seen all the good stuff in the trailers.

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2608
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 1:48:56 PM   
pete_traynor

Oooooooooooo tasty!

http://www.slashfilm.com/seven-new-photos-from-man-of-steel-show-zod-jor-el-and-superman-in-flight/

Zod does like he’s gone 10 pin bowling in that picture mind… I wouldn’t want to play against him though… would let him win for sure with that face! Looks like an absolute lunatic.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 11/4/2013 1:58:33 PM >

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2609
RE: Man of Steel - 11/4/2013 2:33:34 PM   
porntrooper

Hmmm, liking the new pictures - nice to finally see something new!

However, in the 'Superman in Flight' picture (and I am sure it is just the angle on the pic) his arms look very, very short. Poor old T-Rx Superman.

Anyway, I think this is my number 1 anticipated movie. I'm looking forward to IM3, Start Trek2, Thor 2 and many others, but I think Superman takes it for me. I cant wait, I just have a feeling it's going to be great!

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

Post #: 2610
Page:   <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  85 86 [87] 88 89   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI