Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:23:08 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

Just the way my minds works!

When is IM3 out? Could be on that.

Oh and on the earlier discussion of FX work, from the Wiki page:

Weta Digital, MPC and Double Negative (VFX) provided visual effects for the film

Weta! the LotR guys? safe hands?

I am still hoping the Suit will have some CGi effects?

Yeah, WETA Digital sure are good at what they do!

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread somewhere that the cape was CGI in the shots of him exiting the Fortress of Solitude. I just thought they stuck a hair dryer in front of him and shot it in slow mo … but maybe it was added digitally in post. However they did it, they sure nailed an iconic looking swooshing cape!

:) I was tempted to moan about the cape being too long! but its better than being too short and it does look great! But the if Zack can do anything well ,its Red capes, right! :) . No one would believe this but on watching 300 for the first time I turned to my wife and said, this director should do Superman! . Then again I've said that about loads of directors.
I was thinking more about elements of the actual suit being CGi, like the suit having certain functions other than just looking like a boss. From the behind the scenes shots its apparent that Jor El is wearing the base blue suit under his fancy Gold and brown armor!. I am assuming that perhaps the full suit is sent to earth with him and Kal figure he cant fly around in that shit and ripped the armor off!? I wondered if the cuff areas would have some other function. What do you think? Do you think we will get any explanation on the suit at all?. Even some science as to how is can withstand desctructive forces! or maybe it wont and it will end up ripped to shreds at some point?.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2551
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:26:25 AM   
spark1

mark millar on why a JLA movie is a waste of time-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/33956/justice-league-film-is-an-excellent-way-of-losing-200-million/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2552
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:34:44 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

mark millar on why a JLA movie is a waste of time-

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/33956/justice-league-film-is-an-excellent-way-of-losing-200-million/

I haven't mentioned the JLA movie recently... have I! Anyways, I am not keen on JLA movie, but then I didn't like the idea of the Avengers movie either and bloody well enjoyed it!.
If they can get Brandon back as Supes then I am JLA all the way!!

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2553
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:37:26 AM   
Dannybohy

The more i look at the MoS suit the more I think it looks like a cable-knit onesie Ma Kent has made!What possessed them to go for that texture over all the other great concepts used in the comics!. :(

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2554
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 11:09:32 AM   
Alistair

quote:

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread somewhere that the cape was CGI in the shots of him exiting the Fortress of Solitude. I just thought they stuck a hair dryer in front of him and shot it in slow mo … but maybe it was added digitally in post. However they did it, they sure nailed an iconic looking swooshing cape![/font]

T'was me! The cape will be CGI for a large portion of the film where anything 'iconic' is concerned. It is a real nightmare getting materials to 'behave' with wind-machines, so I guess they can design the cape to move a certain way with CGI...and it certainly works judging by the trailer. Obviously they've used a cloth cape for the more static scenes of the film.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 2555
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 11:18:07 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

quote:

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread somewhere that the cape was CGI in the shots of him exiting the Fortress of Solitude. I just thought they stuck a hair dryer in front of him and shot it in slow mo … but maybe it was added digitally in post. However they did it, they sure nailed an iconic looking swooshing cape!

T'was me! The cape will be CGI for a large portion of the film where anything 'iconic' is concerned. It is a real nightmare getting materials to 'behave' with wind-machines, so I guess they can design the cape to move a certain way with CGI...and it certainly works judging by the trailer. Obviously they've used a cloth cape for the more static scenes of the film.

Indeed! They’ve totally nailed that.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2556
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/2/2013 4:42:58 PM   
sligonian

What box office would be a flop and success for man of steel? Really hope this a big success.

Post #: 2557
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/2/2013 7:21:15 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: sligonian

What box office would be a flop and success for man of steel? Really hope this a big success.

Returns was considered a relative flop by WB at $400M. But Returns had a mammoth budget of about $210M and a reported marketing budget in the region of $100M I believe!

They also wasted $10M by removing the fully completed Krypton opening for the film. It was online a while back but seems blocked or removed everywhere now... was cool though! But $10M on the cutting room floor isn't getting off the best start, financially speaking

EDIT - Found it: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-returns-deleted-opening-scene-216110

But MoS's budget is much lower at about $175M or so but not sure what WB will be sinking into the marketing... but they saved $4M alone
by not buying a Superbowl slot .

So perhaps WB would be happy with anything north of $500M for MoS. But in this day and age people don't seem all that impressed anymore unless you top $1B!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 11/2/2013 7:27:39 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to sligonian)
Post #: 2558
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/2/2013 7:46:31 PM   
Sutty

I can see Man of Steel heading north of 800m...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 2559
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/2/2013 9:20:36 PM   
pete_traynor

Better look at Zod etc, via new toys:

http://www.slashfilm.com/man-of-steel-figures-offer-better-looks-at-zod-faora-and-jor-els-armor/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2560
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/2/2013 8:42:02 AM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

EDIT - Found it: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/superman-returns-deleted-opening-scene-216110

Just watched this. I quite liked it, felt fresh and it was a slightly different look at a pop culture icon. Though I can see why it wasn't used. It is tonally completely different to anything else in the movie and would have stood out as out of place. But like I said, I liked it a lot. The big "S" on the wall face had me curious too. What was Singer implying there? And it was good seeing Superman navigate the starship using the crystals. Rather cool.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

Post #: 2561
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/2/2013 8:45:50 AM   
Sutty

***POSSIBLE SPOILERS***

I read on the official website last night that Superman will also be fighting Zods robot army or something...
So maybe we'll see Superman under some pressure from multiple assailants and having to use various powers at once. The idea of him fighting an army on his own sounds exciting. Maybe we'll get to see Superman in a real "battle mode". And since they're robots, he won't have to hold back. As opposed to foiling some pesky humans.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2562
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/2/2013 8:57:21 AM   
Dannybohy

Zod and Braniacs Robot army more like!!! yyeeee haaaaa

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2563
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/2/2013 9:03:27 AM   
AxlReznor

I don't want to see a Justice League movie, but why anyone would take what Mark Millar has to say seriously is beyond me...

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2564
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 10:44:02 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I don't want to see a Justice League movie, but why anyone would take what Mark Millar has to say seriously is beyond me...

The guy writes great comics but he's also a self important pompous twat and every time I hear him speak I want to kick his teeth in. To summarise - I agree!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2565
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 2:06:05 PM   
film man aidy

I think we could do with a more indepth trailer in the next month or so...

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2566
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 2:51:01 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

I think we could do with a more indepth trailer in the next month or so...

Again, whats with this need to see more and more footage of the film before it comes out?The two trailers we have had so far have given us a taste of what the films tone will be.Isnt that enough ?

Id rarther not see any more footage before im sitting in the theater on opening night.Same with the actual soundtrack.I dont understand the need to hear a films musical score before i actually see the film and want to appreciate it with the film itself.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2567
Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 2:52:50 PM   
Alistair

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be a theatrical trailer sometime in March. Would be cool to see some action stuff as we've seen nothing on that front yet (that's a good thing thuog in my opinion....keep the surprises for the release).

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 2568
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 2:56:44 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

I'm sure I read somewhere that there will be a theatrical trailer sometime in March. Would be cool to see some action stuff as we've seen nothing on that front yet (that's a good thing thuog in my opinion....keep the surprises for the release).

I wont be watching any more trailers for this film.I want to be actually surprised by what i see and not have the best money shots spoiled by overmarketing which happens way to often with blockbusters these days.

During the climax of Avengers when Iron Man was seemingly falling to his death , i thought '' No worries, Hulk will jump through the air and save him cos i saw it in the bloody trailer ''.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2569
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 4:41:56 PM   
film man aidy

Warner Bros have too much money tied up in this not to have another, more detailed trailer. It's going to happen. And I don't think for a minute that everyone will abstain from watching it, should it include significant amounts of dialogue and a new theme tune unveiled. People may as well look foward to it.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2570
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 4:57:05 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

Warner Bros have too much money tied up in this not to have another, more detailed trailer. It's going to happen. And I don't think for a minute that everyone will abstain from watching it, should it include significant amounts of dialogue and a new theme tune unveiled. People may as well look foward to it.

They tend to release 3 trailers (at least) for movies these days don't they? The teaser, the extended teaser and the full trailer. We still have the full trailer to look forward to! Can't wait!

Post #: 2571
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/2/2013 7:24:51 PM   
pete_traynor

Think it has been previously leaked that the final trailer was due in April. Was a link back in this thread somewhere.

Either way... won't be too much longer. And it will be action heavy! WB will want to banish the memories of Returns as much as possible for most movie goers, who (rightly) remember the almost total absence of action! Superman Vs a rock is not a suitable finale...

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 13/2/2013 7:25:10 PM >

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2572
Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 14/2/2013 10:48:03 AM   
Alistair

I saw a bootleg of the Comic Con trailer and it was absolutely epic (they used Zimmer's 'Journey to the Line' piece from The Thin Red Line) - So a trailer can have massive impact simply by music/edit rather than loads of spoilery stuff.

As Cool Breeze said, I hope they don't go overkill with spoilery shots. I want to be surprised!

Post #: 2573
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 18/2/2013 2:52:55 AM   
Sutty

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!*****

Jonathan Kent dies, Clark is fully grown at the time, but not yet Superman. Zod does not kill Jonathan, although in the original script he did. Zod does kill several military personnel and civilians in the movie. The loss of life gravely effects Superman.
The robots, except for the main guard, are disposed of very easily. If you’re expecting a huge scene with Superman fighting all these robots you will not get it. They’re all taken care of at one time – and very easily – using his heat vision.
He is called Superman in the movie, but not at first, he’s called “the alien” originally.
Lois is the first to call him Superman, and the name catches on.
He learns of his origins in different ways. Jonathan is the first to tell him where he came from after his powers start to show up. After discovering his hidden ship, Jonathan tells Clark more about his origins and gives him the key that was found with it. Clark also triggers a hologram message from Jor-El using the key that explains details about his home world. Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress, he talks with another hologram of Jor-El and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.
Faora is killed by Zod.
The prison planet is an actual planet. It’s smaller though and described as something like a moon to another planet, although very far away from Krypton itself.
A scientific explanation is given for all Superman’s powers, and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.
There’s a huge twist at the end of the movie

I found this just mooching round the web and don;t know who it is from and if it is reliable etc, but it does make for some semi interesting reading. Most of it can be attributed to educated guesses really.

I am actually really intrigued with what they're going to do with the Jonothan Kent character, having signed up a huge star to play him. I'm hoping they take advantage of the fact that Costner is still a massive talent and use him appropriately. Will he have the traditional heart attack in Clarks teen years? Or will he play a larger role in this take on the mythos. I'd like to see Pa Kent going down defending the homestead old school style, protecting the farm and family with a shotgun. Hopefully they can use whatever happen to him to propel Supes to as yet unseen levels of pissed off-ed-ness!

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2574
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 20/2/2013 5:26:37 PM   
sligonian

Did any of ye see that the movie was seen by execs at WB and family. The feedback is mainly positive. There are reports of cavils performance lacking but I can't see that happening tbh as he looks to have nailed it in the trailers. Check the man of steel imdb page and scroll to the bottom of the page. 148mins running time btw confirmed.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2575
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 21/2/2013 12:01:12 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Did any of ye see that the movie was seen by execs at WB and family. The feedback is mainly positive. There are reports of cavils performance lacking but I can't see that happening tbh as he looks to have nailed it in the trailers. Check the man of steel imdb page and scroll to the bottom of the page. 148mins running time btw confirmed.

I notice from the IMDB page that Tanmoh Penikhet is supposedly playing Henry Ackerdson - a.k.a Metallo!! I was not aware of this and I know IMDB get this wrong sometimes. Can anybody confirm this?

(in reply to sligonian)
Post #: 2576
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 21/2/2013 12:51:26 PM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

The guy writes great comics but he's also a self important pompous twat and every time I hear him speak I want to kick his teeth in. To summarise - I agree!

quote:

he guy writes great comics but he's also a self important pompous twat and every time I hear him speak I want to kick his teeth in. To summarise - I agree!

This!

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2577
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 1/3/2013 12:34:25 PM   
pete_traynor

Probably the wives of the executive producers and bloggers who’ll say anything for attention… but POSITIVE BUZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!! I always take my buzz with a healthy side order of salt mind !
 http://www.slashfilm.com/early-buzz-man-of-steel-is-an-action-packed-great-time/

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2578
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 4/3/2013 9:45:16 AM   
mysterious

Read on TF that Nolan/Snyder MAY return for JLA movie & pursuade Bale to return

"Lets put a smmile on that facce!"

Post #: 2579
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 5/3/2013 3:14:13 PM   
Sutty

read today on the ol' interweb that we can expect "matrix like" action scenes in the upcoming Man of Steel movie.

A mere 100 days now until it opens...

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2580
Page:   <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  84 85 [86] 87 88   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI