Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 2/2/2013 5:23:58 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

People say that Bryan Singer's X-Men and Nolan's Batman were the revolutionary superhero films. No they weren't, Donner did it more than 20 years earlier than X-Men.

Which is weird when both Singer and Nolan have both said from the beginning how influenced their respective franchises are by Donner's Superman.

Exactly. Verisimilitude. That's the word they used to describe Superman: The Movie.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 2521
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 10:07:05 AM   
pete_traynor

No Superbowl spot…

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 2522
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 11:27:39 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

No Superbowl spot…

sucks!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2523
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 12:56:48 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

No Superbowl spot…

sucks!

Pretty stupid of them!

If they are worried about potential Superman box office (and after Returns I'm sure they are) not advertising it in front of 100 million people seems a little bizarre! Would have been the very definition of a no brainer to me.

Especially if people think they can just get their summer 2013 flights kicks from IM 3 now. I'm not the hugest fan of those movies but the flight sequence in the SB spot does look like it could be mighty impressive!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 4/2/2013 12:57:22 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2524
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 1:00:17 PM   
AxlReznor

It's a highly competitive time to get your ads on the air. Maybe they just didn't bid enough for a spot. Or maybe they thought it'd be best to save the money for promotion until closer to release so it's still fresh in people's minds when the film comes out.

Post #: 2525
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 1:06:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

No Superbowl spot…

sucks!

Pretty stupid of them!

If they are worried about potential Superman box office (and after Returns I'm sure they are) not advertising it in front of 100 million people seems a little bizarre! Would have been the very definition of a no brainer to me.

Especially if people think they can just get their summer 2013 flights kicks from IM 3 now. I'm not the hugest fan of those movies but the flight sequence in the SB spot does look like it could be mighty impressive!

It was great because we have no idea if he just saves 4 people or he gets them all to link hands and saves them all!!!. Shit! I am actually excited about Ironman again! MoS better be up to scratch on the flight sequences because Ironman has always been excellent and the superhero audience will be pretty unforgiving!!

I think Axl is right regarding why no show! only so many slots and I imagine some major bids. I used to work for a sign company who produced signs for televised golf tournaments and the prices where insane to advertise, god only know what a Superbowl spot costs!!!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 4/2/2013 1:07:49 PM >

Post #: 2526
Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 1:52:11 PM   
Alistair

Wow, I was very impressed by the quality of the effects in the glimpse of the plane sequence of IM3.

The biggest concern I have with MoS is whether the current state of CGI is up to the task of animating/rendering a human character that exists entirely with CG elements. They tried it with Superman Returns and it didn't work. Iron Man is an easier sell to our eyes as he's always got the helmet on while flying (same goes for Spider-Man as he's always got the mask on).

< Message edited by Alistair -- 4/2/2013 1:53:07 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2527
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 3:49:44 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Wow, I was very impressed by the quality of the effects in the glimpse of the plane sequence of IM3.

The biggest concern I have with MoS is whether the current state of CGI is up to the task of animating/rendering a human character that exists entirely with CG elements. They tried it with Superman Returns and it didn't work. Iron Man is an easier sell to our eyes as he's always got the helmet on while flying (same goes for Spider-Man as he's always got the mask on).

I am concerned just watching the teaser trailer! the shot of him flying upwards didn't look great! on a par with Harry Potter rather than Iron-man. Looking forward to some more flying footage before I worry too much!.
I don't remember ever having an issue with the Smallville flying sequences, maybe my expectations are lower as its a TV series, I will have to watch them again.
Anyone which CGi compnay are working on MoS? and who worked on Returns?. Ill hit Google up later today

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2528
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 4:41:18 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Maybe they just didn't bid enough for a spot.

They're $4M (£2.5M) per spot according to the Guardian! Not cheap...

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2529
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 4:49:43 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

and who worked on Returns?. Ill hit Google up later today

Not sure who did it but there was some wonderful FX work in Returns.

As mentioned before, the plane sequence. And not sure there is really any argument to be made against that set piece as it's just great. And there are shots in there positioned almost on Supes' back, so you really felt you were flying with him. It's incredible when he smashes through the detached plane wing! The shot of him listening in space is also great (and quite beautiful!) and when he shoots off and re enters it looks brilliant. I could go through that film and pick out about 5 minutes that is just exceptional for me… but the rest of it, not so much.

I hope they try and recreate the feeling of flying with him and putting the audience right in the middle of the action again. I really like the wide flying shots in the trailer but we need to get in there with him too!

Edit:

Looks like Returns was Sony Imageworks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns#Design_and_effects

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 4/2/2013 4:53:04 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2530
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 5:01:28 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

and who worked on Returns?. Ill hit Google up later today

Not sure who did it but there was some wonderful FX work in Returns.

As mentioned before, the plane sequence. And not sure there is really any argument to be made against that set piece as it's just great. And there are shots in there positioned almost on Supes' back, so you really felt you were flying with him. It's incredible when he smashes through the detached plane wing! The shot of him listening in space is also great (and quite beautiful!) and when he shoots off and re enters it looks brilliant. I could go through that film and pick out about 5 minutes that is just exceptional for me… but the rest of it, not so much.

I hope they try and recreate the feeling of flying with him and putting the audience right in the middle of the action again. I really like the wide flying shots in the trailer but we need to get in there with him too!

Edit:

Looks like Returns was Sony Imageworks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns#Design_and_effects

No doubt! the plane sequence and superman shot ideas are great. I am not as convinced the rendering of Superman himself in flight in that sequence was up to scratch.
Agree completely regarding the Listening in space scene, I would even say its my favourite scene in entire movie!. In fact ....
Plane set piece, Listening in Space and the recharging in the sun scene are the three best parts of that movie. Pure Superman and beautifully filmed, damn shame the rest of the movie was so bad!. I still would love to see Brandon back as Supes! .

Did you watch the Smallville series?.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 4/2/2013 5:07:11 PM >

Post #: 2531
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 5:05:59 PM   
pete_traynor

Yeah, some truly great moments dotted throughout the film! Just makes the fact that the overall package didn't come together all the more frustrating.  

But with a lower budget of $175M (compared to Returns' $209 + $100M on marketing!) perhaps we stand a better chance of the suits being happier with the return for MoS. I for one want more than another one off. I hope we get to roll with this take and see the likes of Brainiac and Doomsday brought to the screen at last.

No, never got into Smallville.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 4/2/2013 5:06:42 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2532
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 5:30:06 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Yeah, some truly great moments dotted throughout the film! Just makes the fact that the overall package didn't come together all the more frustrating.  

But with a lower budget of $175M (compared to Returns' $209 + $100M on marketing!) perhaps we stand a better chance of the suits being happier with the return for MoS. I for one want more than another one off. I hope we get to roll with this take and see the likes of Brainiac and Doomsday brought to the screen at last.

No, never got into Smallville.

Well its going to be hit or miss with no where to hide! we know how brutal studios can be with Superhero movies that don't deliver!, they will shelve it for 5 years and reboot!. Funny thing is we are in danger of it becoming normal and acceptable!. I would like to see a Superman trilogy at least, but then that depends on MoS being decent. Im not blown away by what I have seen of Supes so far, but will wait and see, I have high hopes for a great Zod! and I am hopeful Braniac is going to be in it somewhere!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 4/2/2013 5:31:05 PM >

Post #: 2533
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 9:27:18 PM   
Alistair

quote:

Absolutely agree with regards to the plane sequence. There's one shot in particular where Superman first flies down to the plane and lands both hands on the wing - Truly impressive integration of real actor/CGI and overall composition.

My gripe is with the decision to include a few shots (close up) of Routh as a completely CG character (the very end scene of the film just as he's about to fly through the clouds in to space). It looks awful and I wonder why they saw the need to do that. CGI definitely wasn't in a place to attempt that back in 2006, and I'm not sure it is now.

I think the shots of all-CG Supes in the trailers for Mos look extraordinary. I have no issues at all (but they aren't exactly close-up and do include motion-blur, etc). I found it interesting that I recently read (was it in Empire?) that when Superman is flying that Snyder wanted him to be an EFFECT, completely. So no wire-work for the full-on flying sequences. Interesting.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 4/2/2013 9:31:57 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 2534
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 9:47:01 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No Superbowl spot…

sucks!

Pretty stupid of them!

It was great because we have no idea if he just saves 4 people or he gets them all to link hands and saves them all!!!. Shit! I am actually excited about Ironman again! MoS better be up to scratch on the flight sequences because Ironman has always been excellent and the superhero audience will be pretty unforgiving!!

I think Axl is right regarding why no show! only so many slots and I imagine some major bids. I used to work for a sign company who produced signs for televised golf tournaments and the prices where insane to advertise, god only know what a Superbowl spot costs!!!!

I dont understand this insatiable need for major films to release tons of footage before the film itself debuts.I think the two trailers we have gotten so far have been a great build up for MOS.They give us a glimpse of the films look and tone but does not give away any major plot points and leaves me intrigued as to what will happen in the film.I hope they leave it at that and dont release any more trailers.Im stoked enough for this film as it is.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2535
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/2/2013 11:04:55 PM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
I dont understand this insatiable need for major films to release tons of footage before the film itself debuts.I think the two trailers we have gotten so far have been a great build up for MOS.They give us a glimpse of the films look and tone but does not give away any major plot points and leaves me intrigued as to what will happen in the film.I hope they leave it at that and dont release any more trailers.Im stoked enough for this film as it is.

That's wishful thinking, but I agree that it would be great. We've seen very little of the film so far, with no real idea of the overall story - We've seen no Zod (and other bad-guys), no Jor El, no Krypton, none of the principal Metropolis or Smallville characters (with very brief bits of Ma and Pa Kent). So far, we've seen bugger all.

I couldn't care less about seeing any more footage until the film is released, but I cannot wait to hear Hans Zimmer's soundtrack. His work on the Batman trilogy is amongst the finest music ever created by any human.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 4/2/2013 11:06:25 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2536
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 1:27:31 PM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

, but I cannot wait to hear Hans Zimmer's soundtrack. His work on the Batman trilogy is amongst the finest music ever created by any human.

Possibly a SLIGHT exaggeration. Or you have lead an incredibly sheltered life when it comes to music...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2537
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 1:30:58 PM   
pete_traynor

Fist official image of Adams as Louis and she's a Mac head.

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Man-of-Steel-Amy-Adams-as-Lois-Lane.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/filmblog/2013/feb/01/man-steel-lois-lane-ipad

Looks like this appeared a few days ago… totally passed by me.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 5/2/2013 1:36:34 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2538
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 1:35:54 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

quote:

quote:

, but I cannot wait to hear Hans Zimmer's soundtrack. His work on the Batman trilogy is amongst the finest music ever created by any human.

Possibly a SLIGHT exaggeration. Or you have lead an incredibly sheltered life when it comes to music...

Agreed. Nice in places but relied on the abrasive explosions of sound too much. Personally, these scores wouldn’t enter into my thinking when discussing classic music. Film or otherwise. But to each his own.

I thought the motifs in Inception were superior myself. But he didn’t have enough and just repeated them until they began to lose impact.

Zimmer needs to take his recent work up a step or 2 for Superman in my opinion. This is, after all, the holy grail of comic book properties!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2539
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 1:36:09 PM   
Alistair

quote:

Er....yeah. To both.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 5/2/2013 1:40:08 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2540
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 2:01:20 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed. Nice in places but relied on the abrasive explosions of sound too much. Personally, these scores wouldn’t enter into my thinking when discussing classic music. Film or otherwise. But to each his own.

I thought the motifs in Inception were superior myself. But he didn’t have enough and just repeated them until they began to lose impact.

Zimmer needs to take his recent work up a step or 2 for Superman in my opinion. This is, after all, the holy grail of comic book properties!

Look up Classic Movie soundtracks in the dictionary and you get a picture of John Williams. Superman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars - all amazing pieces of music that ticked all the boxes for me. Hanz Zimmer is the next best choice though and instead of looking at The Batman Trilogy and Inception for inspiration you need look no further than the Gladiator soundtrack! That is a "classic movie soundtrack"!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

Post #: 2541
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 2:25:46 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Er....yeah. To both.

Insert Mozart rolling in his grave animation here

Maybe he meant finest music ever created by a human for a movie about a man dressed as a bat. If so, that's fair enough..

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2542
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 3:02:40 PM   
pete_traynor

Wicked Avatar Danny!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2543
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 3:16:44 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Wicked Avatar Danny!

Cheers, check out the new one! its a keeper
I can PM you the direct link for the reeves flight one if you want it
I wish we could be allowed to put picture up on the thread, I would love a discussion of Superman suits over the years!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 5/2/2013 3:39:10 PM >

Post #: 2544
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 4:10:13 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

Wicked Avatar Danny!

Cheers, check out the new one! its a keeper
I can PM you the direct link for the reeves flight one if you want it
I wish we could be allowed to put picture up on the thread, I would love a discussion of Superman suits over the years!!

Haha, that’s cool!

Cheers man. Thin k I’ll stick with my Radiohead bear though. Have grown strangely attached.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2545
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 4:33:56 PM   
pete_traynor

April for the next trailer apparently:

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/new-man-of-steel-trailer-to-soar-in-april/42415?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_43790

I predict a lot of action and money shots in that one!

Post #: 2546
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 4:37:38 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

April for the next trailer apparently:

http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/movies/new-man-of-steel-trailer-to-soar-in-april/42415?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_43790

I predict a lot of action and money shots in that one!

Sounds filthy!
April is Aggggggeeesss away!!. So, which movie will this be attached to i wonder?. I am hoping for Zod and some Zimmer!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 5/2/2013 4:39:15 PM >

Post #: 2547
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/2/2013 4:53:13 PM   
pete_traynor

Just the way my minds works!

When is IM3 out? Could be on that.

Oh and on the earlier discussion of FX work, from the Wiki page:

Weta Digital, MPC and Double Negative (VFX) provided visual effects for the film

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 5/2/2013 4:54:49 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2548
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:06:38 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Weta Digital, MPC and Double Negative (VFX) provided visual effects for the film

Weta! the LotR guys? safe hands?

I am still hoping the Suit will have some CGi effects?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 6/2/2013 10:07:43 AM >

Post #: 2549
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/2/2013 10:15:13 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

Weta! the LotR guys? safe hands?

I am still hoping the Suit will have some CGi effects?

Yeah, WETA Digital sure are good at what they do!

There was a suggestion earlier in this thread somewhere that the cape was CGI in the shots of him exiting the Fortress of Solitude. I just thought they stuck a hair dryer in front of him and shot it in slow mo … but maybe it was added digitally in post. However they did it, they sure nailed an iconic looking swooshing cape!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2550
Page:   <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  83 84 [85] 86 87   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI