Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 2:20:46 PM   
Dannybohy

Ill repeat what I wrote on new thread because I am lazy

Brandon was packing more superman if you know what I mean!! just saying! I mean! is this guy doing a buffalo bill or what! I don't want a high pitched Superman.

Henry looks good despite my misgivings on the suit.! Plus my hair is now going to be the fashion for summer 2013!! wahhooo Seriously now, I love the overall style of the suit! but its too dark and the weird fish-skin diving suit texture sucks. I think it is supposed to be chainmail texture but just doesn't work!!. Hope it looks better on screen! I also hope its terns out to be is Dads undergarments to his full regalia too! and it has some sort of 'tech' to it, not just cloth and plastic!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2431
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 3:26:05 PM   
Don_a_van

Not too impressed with the new suit to be honest. I don't mind a bit of modernising but why do they feel like they HAVE to mess with it so much. The suit is one the most iconic parst of the mythos but this looks like another victim of the "dark and gritty" movement, why the hell is is so dark? It needs to have extra bright primary colours, not look like it's been dragged through the mud and needs a good wash. I hope it looks better in the film but so far I'm not impressed with it. The only positive I can take from that pic is that Cavill certainly looks the part and his haircut is very retro Superman.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2432
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 3:56:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Don_a_van

Not too impressed with the new suit to be honest. I don't mind a bit of modernising but why do they feel like they HAVE to mess with it so much. The suit is one the most iconic parst of the mythos but this looks like another victim of the "dark and gritty" movement, why the hell is is so dark? It needs to have extra bright primary colours, not look like it's been dragged through the mud and needs a good wash. I hope it looks better in the film but so far I'm not impressed with it. The only positive I can take from that pic is that Cavill certainly looks the part and his haircut is very retro Superman.

Dark, gritty and humorless. Crack a smile Supes for Christ sake!!

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2433
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 4:14:12 PM   
Sutty

I had many misgivings in relation to this movie in the beginning. But with the bits of info seaping out now I am actually looking forward to this. I know some are complaining about the "gritty and dark" element. But I read the other day that they are going for a more "realistic" slant as opposed to dark, and that it will NOT be "Superman Begins". I think the vision will most certainly be Snyders rather than Nolans (Nolan it appears is seemingly being made in to some sort of movie emperor by some, and that this is more his movie than anyone elses). It certainly looks like we can expect the action packed Superman flick that most were craving when Superman Returns was released. Two things I would like to know soon is what Zimmer has done with the soundtrack and what the movie running time is. I'm guessing 2 half hours-ish?
Apparently there is talk that Supermans powers will be given some kind of scientific foundation, which would be very interesting.
And let's look at the cast...
Cavill looks the part. Then you have some awesome talent in Costner, Crowe, Shannon, Lane, Adams, Fishbourne.
And the movie itself is apparently epic in its scope and feel. I used to gripe about them not using John Williams music, but I think that a rethink is probably for the best.

I got a feeling this could be THE Superman movie by which all may then be judged. Hopefully...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2434
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 4:30:06 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I had many misgivings in relation to this movie in the beginning. But with the bits of info seaping out now I am actually looking forward to this. I know some are complaining about the "gritty and dark" element. But I read the other day that they are going for a more "realistic" slant as opposed to dark, and that it will NOT be "Superman Begins". I think the vision will most certainly be Snyders rather than Nolans (Nolan it appears is seemingly being made in to some sort of movie emperor by some, and that this is more his movie than anyone elses). It certainly looks like we can expect the action packed Superman flick that most were craving when Superman Returns was released. Two things I would like to know soon is what Zimmer has done with the soundtrack and what the movie running time is. I'm guessing 2 half hours-ish?
Apparently there is talk that Supermans powers will be given some kind of scientific foundation, which would be very interesting.
Cavill looks the part. Then you have some awesome talent in Costner, Crowe, Shannon, Lane, Adams, Fishbourne.
And the movie itself is apparently epic in its scope and feel. I used to gripe about them not using John Williams music, but I think that a rethink is probably for the best.

I got a feeling this could be THE Superman movie by which all may then be judged. Hopefully...

'Realistic slant',' Supermans powers will be given some kind of scientific foundation' its a movie about an super powered Alien in a scoobersuit onesie and red cape!. You see, its these kinds of words that make me die inside!.
Ive seen amazing casts assembled before and the movies have been utter shite. I so want a great Superman movie, and there is elements I like, but nothing about this makes me think it will be the Supes movie I have been waiting for! I still call Superman Begins until I see otherwise.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2435
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 4:36:30 PM   
pete_traynor

Yeah, I hope we don't get some techy, scientific explanation of why he can fly! The reason is not important. He has super powers when under a yellow sun, nothing further is needed. We don't want to end up with a midichlorians situations again … leave some of the mystery.

Regarding the suit, I'm not sure about that wing pattern on his flank but other than that I think he looks great. And form the trailer his cape seems really vibrant on film.

It's all shaping up very well from what I can see… I just hope Nolan's involvement has been somewhat minimal. His films aren't exactly known for having a lot of heart and that is a must for Superman. Before we grab the pitchforks and run me out of town, I rate the guy (except TDKR) but his considered and clinical approach is not right for Superman. I hope from Goyer's take Nolan has merely reigned in a few points we Snyder may have resorted to overkill again. From the look of the trailer that seems to be the case…

Fingers crossed everyone… god knows we deserve a really cracking Superman film!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 28/1/2013 4:45:23 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2436
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 6:02:13 PM   
Willy Wood

I just don't get it, the first Superman was fine, ok it's a bit hokey and looks dated now, but it was generally a fine film, they are going to have to bring something special to the table to beat it, I guess you could say they rebooted Batman successfully do why not Superman, but to me they just appear different beasts, the second reboot of Superman failed, I somehow think this will go the same way and somewhat think its a wasted exercise in filming it, it's been done in my opinion and should be left be.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2437
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 6:25:56 PM   
Sutty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

'Realistic slant',' Supermans powers will be given some kind of scientific foundation' its a movie about an super powered Alien in a scoobersuit onesie and red cape!. You see, its these kinds of words that make me die inside!.
Ive seen amazing casts assembled before and the movies have been utter shite. I so want a great Superman movie, and there is elements I like, but nothing about this makes me think it will be the Supes movie I have been waiting for! I still call Superman Begins until I see otherwise.

Listen, I fully understand that making a realistic Superman movie is somewhat of an oxymoron, but what I am talking about specifically is perhaps the human races initial reaction to him when he makes his first appearance. It would be akin to Jesus Christ himself showing up as Superman is clearly God like and written/created as such. Also, human (and Alien) feelings of responsibility and self look like they're going to be addressed in a less black and white way (some of Jonathan Kents dialogue nods in this direction). I don't think the mythology is going to be messed with all that much, but what's wrong with tweaking it here and there? I mean, didn't Batman in his original inception carry a gun and break peoples necks? But by TDKR it is explicit that there is a "no guns, no-one gets killed" ethos. And what's wrong with at least some passing "scientific" bunkum about how Superman "works". I'm not talking about fact, just "movie fact". It may be that this is unavoidable, as the first thing we, as humans, would do is try and study Superman for weakness, hence the relaying in the movie of how certain elements come together.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2438
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 9:17:36 PM   
pete_traynor

New Pics!

Krypton looks nuts. We wanted a fresh take and that looks as far from Donner's take on Krypton as possible. Reminds me a bit of Del Toro

http://www.slashfilm.com/new-images-all-superhero-edition-man-of-steel-kick-ass-2-the-wolverine-thor-the-dark-world/

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 28/1/2013 9:20:04 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2439
Future Superman Films - 28/1/2013 10:24:37 PM   
Alistair

I remember the initial reaction to the first official shot of Brandon Routh in the suit, and it wasn't good. But that was a lot to do with the rather poor efforts of the marketing department - There was no atmosphere to the shot (best image I can find)....

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHK0-7ZaZQBR-G99EAvnm3m5RhJsxVdIiCFTvJjwyS_Rl3xeZQ

But - I still find that suit to be completely lackluster. It was old-fashioned looking and maybe that was the point, but it just felt a bit off. The plastic cape and shitty red is my biggest gripe.

I adore this new suit - It screams SUPERMAN to me. The blue is a very regal colour, the cape is comic-book awesome and even the boots are brilliant too (very flat-bottomed, unlike Routh's high-heels). Okay, so the red pants are a cause for contention amongst people and that's fine. But as a friend of mine said - "Red pants looked cool in 1930, not so much in 2013". True. They serve no purpose whatsoever, and as long as you can instantly tell that he's Superman does it really matter? No it doesn't. It's a great interpretation (and that's all the Superman suit will ever be - Someone's interpretation that's relevant to their film). Just as well we never got the Tim Burton suit!

I think they might have done a lot of CGI cape stuff for this film - The cape is certainly CGI in the slow-mo shot of Superman walking away from camera in the recent trailer. And it works magnificently. It's the only way to truly get that majestic billowing effect that we've often seen in comic books and Superman art throughout the decades. It's beautiful looking.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 28/1/2013 10:28:40 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 2440
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 11:03:18 PM   
Private Hudson

quote:

Try the 1978 one. The best superhero movie ever.

Watch my spoof movie of FULL METAL JACKET here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2441
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 11:08:58 PM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Private Hudson

There's a lot of greatness in that film but I don't think it will forever be the best Superman film. But then it depends on what you want out of a Superman film. Man of Steel is my cup of tea! And there's obviously the major technological limitations in the time that Superman: The Movie was made. But hell, there's a lot of fantastic stunt and wire work and I still marvel at it all.

From the brief glimpses of Superman flying in the most recent MoS trailer they have captured a fluidity and realism to it. For the first time ever I really do believe a man can fly!

< Message edited by Alistair -- 28/1/2013 11:12:28 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Private Hudson)
Post #: 2442
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/1/2013 11:10:32 PM   
MonsterCat

I really hope this is good.

Thing with Snyder's films is that he's very good at the overall look, but there's not much going on underneath the surface, and his storytelling skills aren't up to snuff. He's very much about all flash and no substance, and this weakness was painfully obvious in Watchmen.

With all that in mind, I'm slightly dubious about Man of Steel, but I would be very happy for him to prove me wrong.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 28/1/2013 11:16:20 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 2443
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/1/2013 11:10:43 PM   
Private Hudson

I hope they do a good job and I actually think they will.

The main problem they have is unlike Spiderman or Batman Begins, they have the 1978 definitive Superman film to follow. Spiderman had only the crappy 70s ones and well let's be honest Batman was either the camp Adam West movie version of the TV show or Tim Burton's rather dull and boring 1989 job. So, in the words of Yazz and the Plastic Population, The Only Way Is Up.

The Man of Steel has Superman (1978) and indeed Superman II (1980) to try and beat. Which in all honesty it probably can't and won't.

For me, Superman was the best of all comic book super hero movies, down to the brilliant plot and screwball writing which was a bit like the 1930s and of course the casting up and down the movie was just superb.

And the end climax with Superman trying to save two areas at once from nuclear missiles was amazing. And then you throw in Lois Lane in THAT red car. And we have one of cinema's iconic moments, when a bit like Star Trek, Superman is told not to interfere with Earth's history. But, for once, he reckons the universe owes him one.

And then we have the music. One of John William's best ever scores and of course one of his best ever theme tunes.

How can they make a Superman movie without that tune? It is like a Bond movie without the James Bond Theme. Unthinkable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCGRWVvM-Zo&feature=plcp&context=C31ca298UDOEgsToPDskJ4_UorjolrWTaxEGMj5GO0

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2444
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 8:57:24 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Boom!! f'ing A!

Post #: 2445
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 9:00:39 AM   
Alistair

quote:

How can they make a Superman movie without that tune? It is like a Bond movie without the James Bond Theme. Unthinkable.

All good points well made, but I think I must be one of the few people who's actually glad they are completely re-writing everything from scratch (even the score). Superman is open to interpretation to a far greater extent than a character like Bond so I'm not even slightly bothered that John Williams' score won't be used. It's all-new, and that is a great thing in my opinion.

Superman is a character that desperately needs new blood, so looking back on what has been done before (in all senses) is not a good idea.

Post #: 2446
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 9:06:56 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

I really hope this is good.

Thing with Snyder's films is that he's very good at the overall look, but there's not much going on underneath the surface, and his storytelling skills aren't up to snuff. He's very much about all flash and no substance, and this weakness was painfully obvious in Watchmen.

With all that in mind, I'm slightly dubious about Man of Steel, but I would be very happy for him to prove me wrong.

That's a matter of opinion, and sounds more like a forum mantra every time. I think Synder tells a fantastic story in 300 and visually it was stunning, as was Watchmen. I would be excited about Snyder directing but I fear the story has been infected will dullness and unoriginality!.
Just have to wait and see!.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 2447
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 9:13:17 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

quote:

All good points well made, but I think I must be one of the few people who's actually glad they are completely re-writing everything from scratch (even the score). Superman is open to interpretation to a far greater extent than a character like Bond so I'm not even slightly bothered that John Williams' score won't be used. It's all-new, and that is a great thing in my opinion.

Superman is a character that desperately needs new blood, so looking back on what has been done before (in all senses) is not a good idea.

The Bond analogy is perfect!

Considering that nothing else in the story appears to be new or re-written, changing the S design and not having the William score feels like being different for differences sake. Will it make this better than the Donnor movies? or would they have been just as well doing what they are doing and keeping the Williams score. The fact is, its a fantastic score and as much as Zimmer has done some great work, I doubt he will top the effect of Williams and its association with Superman.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2448
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 9:25:09 AM   
pete_traynor

People quite simply need to shake the holy grail mindset with regards to the Donner film's in my opinion.

It's been decades now and stepping out of that shadow is long overdue. Retaining that aesthetic and music is by no means enough to create a good Superman film… in fact, do that and we get Superman Returns!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair
I think I must be one of the few people who's actually glad they are completely re-writing everything from scratch (even the score).

I'm totally with you! Love the music but let's leave it in the past and move on to new things now.

Donner's was great! No argument from me at all. But of its time and that simply does not feel relevant anymore to most people. And that includes an awful lot of Superman fanatics, who hated Returns.

Superman is the absolute pinnacle of comic book culture and an important cultural icon. He is and always will be much bigger than any one individuals/teams interpretation of him.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 29/1/2013 9:27:36 AM >

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 2449
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 11:02:21 AM   
film man aidy

After reading the rather nice article on MOS in Empire's latest issue, it only served to make bigger my concerns over the Clark Kent persona. The makers of MOS have continued to remain really coy over this. A change from Jimmy to Jenny Olsen I can live with, but the idea of an absence of Clark's geeky, ever so awkward demeanor, and a loss of glasses is worrying. For me, the heart of the better Superman movies (and indeed the terrible ones) was Clark Kent. Kal-El always felt a little more one dimensional by comparison. Hope i am proved wrong...

Post #: 2450
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 11:33:35 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy

After reading the rather nice article on MOS in Empire's latest issue, it only served to make bigger my concerns over the Clark Kent persona. The makers of MOS have continued to remain really coy over this. A change from Jimmy to Jenny Olsen I can live with, but the idea of an absence of Clark's geeky, ever so awkward demeanor, and a loss of glasses is worrying. For me, the heart of the better Superman movies (and indeed the terrible ones) was Clark Kent. Kal-El always felt a little more one dimensional by comparison. Hope i am proved wrong...

Fear not!

The comic Con reel clearly showed him entering the Daily Planet foyer and donning his glasses.

But perhaps fear!

The shot was not him looking awkward or dressed in a suit. More a smart casual (smasual if you will) look. But I’m good with that. A socially awkward and slightly bumbling  Clark might play a little too slapstick these days.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2451
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 11:51:53 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Well, I watched the trailer again and...still not convinced.
As with most of Snyders films they do look ,somewhat, visually heavy and the trailers emotional connection does seem full-on,I would have preferred it had it came across more subtly.

I'm open minded though on rether the film will be a more grounded one or if it was more full on action ala Avengers,either one of these two concepts don't bother me.What does bother me is the director who I have yet to be convinced by.

Post #: 2452
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 12:05:02 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I'm open minded though on rether the film will be a more grounded one or if it was more full on action ala Avengers,either one of these two concepts don't bother me.What does bother me is the director who I have yet to be convinced by.

Conversely I'm more excited by the fact it's a Snyder film than the fact it's a Superman film.

I've yet to enjoy a film about Superman (hate the first film, the second one is slightly better, I won't even discuss the rest) and I'm not particularly fond of the character in comicbook form (nor is the general public if the drop in sales over the last year is any indication) but I know that with Snyder I'll at least enjoy the film on a visual level.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2453
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 12:11:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I think Snyder is just a director who will divide peoples opinions,nothing wrong with that tbh.

I shamefully don't think I've ever watched a Superman film from start to finish.There is no excuse for that ,because I watched some rubbish when I was a kid.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2454
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2013 12:14:58 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I think Snyder is just a director who will divide peoples opinions,nothing wrong with that tbh.

I shamefully don't think I've ever watched a Superman film from start to finish.There is no excuse for that ,because I watched some rubbish when I was a kid.

I'm not a massive fan of the man myself but I'm a fan of visually interesting films and I do like the way his films look. First taste is with the eyes and all that nonsense .

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2455
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 2:27:32 PM   
Sutty

quote:

quote:

Donners Superman is in fact one of my fave movies of any genre. It is a movie that has something for everyone of any genre or age. I'm just hoping that this new one could be THE ONE. You never know...

I really wasn't keen on the idea of another reboot at first, but the more I hear the the intrigued I am. Yeah, Superman The Movie is probably the best movie of its genre, but that is not to say that it cannot be surpassed. Though admittedly for some - maybe even myself included - the sense of nostalgia, ownership, and feeling of love for Donners will be too much to overcome, or perhaps even admit defeat.

As someone else said, Snyder will divide opinion. But you know, this could the movie that really puts him out there as a great movie director.

Post #: 2456
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 4:08:46 PM   
Artoo

Man of Steel will be a great movie. Snyder done a great job with Watchmen and Nolan done a great job with Batman. If the two of them dont make a great Superman movie together, I'll eat my hat!

One of the main things I loved about the Christopher Reeve movies (bar Quest for Peace obviously) was the humour. Both Superman and Superman 2 were as funny as fuck, which was in no small part down to Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor and Ned Beatty as Otis! Otis is, was and always will be brilliant! He even had his own theme tune ffs! (which I bet is now on continuous loop in your head, and will be for the rest of the day! You're welcome! ) For me it was the main thing that was missing from Returns and it was made incredibly evident to me when watching the Richard Donner films over again! You can tell from the trailer and other marketing mediums that MOS will not be funny, so I'm already geared up for disappointment in that area. But I do think MOS will be well acted, action packed and visually stunning, which is really what the majority of us want from a Superman movie! Just have Zod tell a funny joke midway through it or something and I'll be happy.........

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2457
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 4:30:56 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Man of Steel will be a great movie. Snyder done a great job with Watchmen and Nolan done a great job with Batman. If the two of them dont make a great Superman movie together, I'll eat my hat!

One of the main things I loved about the Christopher Reeve movies (bar Quest for Peace obviously) was the humour. Both Superman and Superman 2 were as funny as fuck, which was in no small part down to Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor and Ned Beatty as Otis! Otis is, was and always will be brilliant! He even had his own theme tune ffs! (which I bet is now on continuous loop in your head, and will be for the rest of the day! You're welcome! ) For me it was the main thing that was missing from Returns and it was made incredibly evident to me when watching the Richard Donner films over again! You can tell from the trailer and other marketing mediums that MOS will not be funny, so I'm already geared up for disappointment in that area. But I do think MOS will be well acted, action packed and visually stunning, which is really what the majority of us want from a Superman movie! Just have Zod tell a funny joke midway through it or something and I'll be happy.........

What flavor hat would you like?.

I am just imagining Zod stopping half way through something and telling a joke about two nuns in the bath.

I predict humorless but I think it might be worth a watch just for the new Kryptonian scenes and Shannons Zod!

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 2458
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 6:06:27 PM   
Private Hudson

Funnily enough, I agree with Sutty in that I love the 1978 film, one of my all time faves.

However, I actually do agree with the reboot as it has worked for other franchises, but I still think it is pretty stupid not to incorporate the Superman theme in it.

Star Trek has had many different composers, yet they all still found somewhere for the original TV theme by Alexander Courage.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2459
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 29/1/2013 6:14:36 PM   
Sutty

I would LOVE for them to use John Williams theme. But I do now understand the need to breakway. Perhaps some sort of musical homage towards the end may be a way to go? Or similar to Casino Royale where you only here THAT theme or those opening 5 bars of music at the end of the movie, perhaps as a signifier that Superman has fully accepted his life role as Earths Last Defender. Maybe the fact that the word Superman is not even in the movies title implies that he will only be refered to as such at the end of the movie? I can think of a handful of ways that Williams theme could be incorporated, be it either in your face or with some subtlety. I think it will likely be unfair to compare Man of Steel with Superman: The Movie. Both for the reasons I mentioned in an earlier post (nostalgia, the fondness people have for that movie, Christopher Reeve) and that they will likely be two very different entities.

Sidenote: I think that Costners casting as Jonathon Kent is genius. Genius.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2460
Page:   <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  80 81 [82] 83 84   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI