Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Man of Steel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Man of Steel Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Man of Steel - 10/1/2013 10:31:31 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: brezza

I have been looking at the on-set photos and am trying to figure out why the character supposedly playing Zod is in a motion capture suit and doesn't appear to be Michael Shannon. Does anyone know if this is another villain? Has anyone else seen this?

Could be way off but have hidden the names just in case

Could the Krytonian menace himself Doomsday be rocking up towards the end? Him or Brainiac I should think if a mo cap suit is involved

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to brezza)
Post #: 2371
RE: Man of Steel - 10/1/2013 10:34:57 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

As far as the Clark/Superman thing goes, I've got the impression (quite why I don't know) that they won't be following the traditional way it has been seen in the comics and previous films. I reckon he'll come to Metropolis simply as Clark (no glasses) as there's no 'Superman' at that point, so to speak. I mean, he has all the powers obviously, but I don't think he'll have fully taken on his Kryptonian heritage at that point (and probably won't need to until Zod arrives). So, no reason for a disguise, so to speak. Clark is Superman, Superman is Clark. I think that events in the film will force him to finally become 'Superman', as the public know him. This is guesswork.

From the trailers it is clear that as a youngster Clark saves a bus-load of kids and his dad (Costner) tries to desuade him from using his powers, out of fear that he would be ostracized. Maybe at some point later Pa Kent will die and this is when Clark leaves Smallville and becomes a fisherman in order to get away from all that stuff back at home and 'find himself'. He returns perhaps a stronger man (mentally) willing to seek answers to his many questions. After he's come to terms with his origins I think this is when he tries to take on a fairly normal life in Metropolis, which is buggered up completely when Zod and his cronies turn up out of the blue. Then, Clark must embrace his Kryptonian origins and become Kal El, son of Jor El. He proudly wears his family's emblem and sets out to stop Zod and save Earth.

What's particularly poignant about the Superman story to me is that Jor El knew his son would have extraordinary powers on Earth, and he knew that his son would face great difficulty in dealing with it because of the way human society is (some humans can't even accept a different race of their own kind, nevermind a super-powered alien). This is what makes Clark's acceptance of finally wearing the suit so powerful. He's kind of saying "Well dad, here I am." It's a very interesting take on the character I think - Goyer/Nolan/Snyder are asking the question: How would an individual, who had no choice in the matter, deal with the knowledge that they are a god on Earth? Clark was a perfectly ordinary being on his own planet, just like one of us. But on Earth he is a god. That's pretty heavy. Even though he is an alien he is more human than most on Earth.

Some people say that Superman isn't a very interesting superhero. I disagree. In many ways he's the most interesting superhero, it just depends on the angle of the story. I admire Goyer/Nolan/Snyder for taking this route, because it's never been covered before and it's fantastic. We're going to get quite a bit of 'moody Clark' trying to find himself and who he is but don't overlook the fact that this film is going to contain some amazing looking action. Once Clark gets over the moody stuff he is then Superman and that means...being chucked through buildings, nuclear-powered eyeball flames, proudly flying at incredible speeds, etc, etc, etc :)

I don't want a light and comical Superman film. Times have changed, and those who say this looks a bit too edgy for Superman then they really need to look at why Superman Returns failed to grab people's imagination. It was old fashioned and didn't really work to be perfectly honest. Man of Steel on the other hand looks pretty great to me. The tone feels like an Alex Ross painting brought to life, and that's a good thing. But most of all, this film looks relevant. As relevant as a film about a flying alien-man can get anyway.

I wish Empire had a 'Like' button. Because this, i definitely like!

Yep, Alistair knows.

There is nothing in this post I do not like. Pretty much mirrored my feelings about Supes to the letter. Most important superhero of all time for me, no doubt. And this is shaping up to be the Superman film I’ve always wanted… nay, needed!

While I don't share the optimism regarding the end result, I liked Alistair post too!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 10/1/2013 10:40:24 AM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2372
RE: Man of Steel - 10/1/2013 10:38:38 AM   
Discodez

I'd agree with all of that too Alistair, it is very much time for this type of take on the Superman mythos (cinematically anyway, not a massive superman comics fan but I'd imagine it's been done in the comic books before).

The teenage Clark would really be a bit of a mess in today's world I think, all that power and having to hide it, not knowing what to do, who you are or where you're from, the temptation to use your powers for personal gain in our modern society where the individual is paramount (even if you did have a great role model like Pa Kent) were themes touched on in the Reeve version but not really explored in depth I think.

I always thought that the fact that Superman was welcomed with open arms by the good ol USA was pretty silly. I mean he might fight for truth & justice (and the American way) but they'd have tried to lock him up or blast him with nukes in the first ten minutes of his arrival!! This type of governmental/millitary paranoid suspicion take on the story looks like the direction that the new film is going and ultimately will make this new cinematic origin story much more relevant.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2373
RE: Man of Steel - 10/1/2013 1:32:53 PM   
spark1

so bradley cooper as luthor may not be such a bad thing after all.

Post #: 2374
RE: Man of Steel - 10/1/2013 5:42:53 PM   
Dannybohy

oops

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 10/1/2013 5:43:39 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2375
RE: Man of Steel - 11/1/2013 1:51:48 PM   
spark1

warners wins rights to superman-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a450254/warner-bros-wins-decisive-superman-victory.html

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2376
RE: Man of Steel - 11/1/2013 11:22:04 PM   
OldGrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

As far as the Clark/Superman thing goes, I've got the impression (quite why I don't know) that they won't be following the traditional way it has been seen in the comics and previous films. I reckon he'll come to Metropolis simply as Clark (no glasses) as there's no 'Superman' at that point, so to speak. I mean, he has all the powers obviously, but I don't think he'll have fully taken on his Kryptonian heritage at that point (and probably won't need to until Zod arrives). So, no reason for a disguise, so to speak. Clark is Superman, Superman is Clark. I think that events in the film will force him to finally become 'Superman', as the public know him. This is guesswork.

From the trailers it is clear that as a youngster Clark saves a bus-load of kids and his dad (Costner) tries to desuade him from using his powers, out of fear that he would be ostracized. Maybe at some point later Pa Kent will die and this is when Clark leaves Smallville and becomes a fisherman in order to get away from all that stuff back at home and 'find himself'. He returns perhaps a stronger man (mentally) willing to seek answers to his many questions. After he's come to terms with his origins I think this is when he tries to take on a fairly normal life in Metropolis, which is buggered up completely when Zod and his cronies turn up out of the blue. Then, Clark must embrace his Kryptonian origins and become Kal El, son of Jor El. He proudly wears his family's emblem and sets out to stop Zod and save Earth.

What's particularly poignant about the Superman story to me is that Jor El knew his son would have extraordinary powers on Earth, and he knew that his son would face great difficulty in dealing with it because of the way human society is (some humans can't even accept a different race of their own kind, nevermind a super-powered alien). This is what makes Clark's acceptance of finally wearing the suit so powerful. He's kind of saying "Well dad, here I am." It's a very interesting take on the character I think - Goyer/Nolan/Snyder are asking the question: How would an individual, who had no choice in the matter, deal with the knowledge that they are a god on Earth? Clark was a perfectly ordinary being on his own planet, just like one of us. But on Earth he is a god. That's pretty heavy. Even though he is an alien he is more human than most on Earth.

Some people say that Superman isn't a very interesting superhero. I disagree. In many ways he's the most interesting superhero, it just depends on the angle of the story. I admire Goyer/Nolan/Snyder for taking this route, because it's never been covered before and it's fantastic. We're going to get quite a bit of 'moody Clark' trying to find himself and who he is but don't overlook the fact that this film is going to contain some amazing looking action. Once Clark gets over the moody stuff he is then Superman and that means...being chucked through buildings, nuclear-powered eyeball flames, proudly flying at incredible speeds, etc, etc, etc :)

I don't want a light and comical Superman film. Times have changed, and those who say this looks a bit too edgy for Superman then they really need to look at why Superman Returns failed to grab people's imagination. It was old fashioned and didn't really work to be perfectly honest. Man of Steel on the other hand looks pretty great to me. The tone feels like an Alex Ross painting brought to life, and that's a good thing. But most of all, this film looks relevant. As relevant as a film about a flying alien-man can get anyway.

Sorry, but Superman isn't really an interesting superhero at all *ducks for cover* let me explain - in comparison to other superheroes. First off, he is just too powerful, the key interest in any superhero is really their weakness, what makes them vulnerable, how their "humanity" comes through. Superman has kryptonite and thats it really. Also his disguise is just unfathonably rubbish, he looks the same in the costume and out of it so whats the point ? He also lacks any genuine conflict or self doubt, there just seems to be no good reason why he would ever hesitate for a second to not help people.
I think he is just too Super really, give him some conflict, some flaws, some, well humanity, perhaps that's the problem ? ? ?

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2377
RE: Man of Steel - 12/1/2013 12:30:29 PM   
spark1

you handle the 'he's too powerful' thing by throwing vast obstacles in his way.
that's why they invented kryponite. and have reduced his powers in some recent comics.

q-how come people think he has a secret identity when he does'nt wear a mask and seems on duty 24/7?

< Message edited by spark1 -- 12/1/2013 12:31:15 PM >

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 2378
RE: Man of Steel - 12/1/2013 1:06:52 PM   
OldGrey

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

you handle the 'he's too powerful' thing by throwing vast obstacles in his way.
that's why they invented kryponite. and have reduced his powers in some recent comics.

q-how come people think he has a secret identity when he does'nt wear a mask and seems on duty 24/7?

I would argue that anyone who has two identities is possibly suffering from a personality disorder and/or requires one to hide the other which would suggest that one of them is a secret identity perhaps ?

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2379
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/1/2013 2:11:16 PM   
Sutty

I always saw Superman as having 3 identities. As I think most do. Kal-El, Clark, and Superman.

I fully understand the too powerful aspect. Making him only susceptable to Kryptonite was perhaps a mistake in his inception. I didn;t know they have reduced his powers in more recent comics. In what way? And will the movie follow suit?
It does appear that Snyder is trying to add style to his substance, and it would be great to see a different Superman and take on the mythos that most of us have been used to (as a child of the 80's).

If the rumours of having Brainiac and/or Doomsday alongside Zod, isn't there the risk that they could blow their wadd too soon? Doesn't that pretty much leave Lex Luthor as the only villian for any future movies?

And I am still DESPERATE to hear the main theme!! When are they releasing that???

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2380
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/1/2013 3:32:27 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

I always saw Superman as having 3 identities. As I think most do. Kal-El, Clark, and Superman.

I fully understand the too powerful aspect. Making him only susceptable to Kryptonite was perhaps a mistake in his inception. I didn;t know they have reduced his powers in more recent comics. In what way? And will the movie follow suit?
It does appear that Snyder is trying to add style to his substance, and it would be great to see a different Superman and take on the mythos that most of us have been used to (as a child of the 80's).

If the rumours of having Brainiac and/or Doomsday alongside Zod, isn't there the risk that they could blow their wadd too soon? Doesn't that pretty much leave Lex Luthor as the only villian for any future movies?

And I am still DESPERATE to hear the main theme!! When are they releasing that???

That's my main problem with Superman is that Lex is his most famous villain and there's just no room for any sort of decent conflict as one party is always going to be at a serious disadvantage.

I've always felt Superman was too powerful and I have to say that I agree with what Oldgrey said in that there never seems to any self doubt, they've made attempts at it (in the films) but it has never really been convincing for me; he's always come across as Super Boyscout more than Superman. Still I'm looking forward to Snyder's take on the character, and I'm looking forward to some decent action too.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2381
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/1/2013 7:57:09 PM   
Ghidorah

I don't think Superman is the problem but DC universe as a whole. Their universe is a far fetch mess and there is nothing in there that is grounded into reality. All the writers are doing is creating or writing foes Superman must face a few times per month. It's all down to selling issues and less focus on creating story arcs.
End of the day DC has so many powerful heroes and surely they can do something interesting with that instead of them facing super villains after supervillians. There is like ten issues of Batman related comics each month. Surely Gotham is a safe place now with the Bat family aswell as Gotham PD rounding up every criminal. However it's not because half of Gotham city population are nut cases and there is no valid explaination why.
The best way to go in my opinion is to copy successful TV series. Each season has a main plot point with extra storylines thrown in for character developement. Surely DC can do the same like in 2013 Batman is tracking down a serial killer but at the same time get diverted to deal with other criminals. Or someone is bringing heavy arms into Gotham and cops are being slaughtered one by one by the armed gangs.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 2382
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/1/2013 7:59:40 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

Well they just finished recording it about a week ago so it's all done. Just got to wait, I doubt they will release it in a trailer though somehow.

Meanwhile...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2383
RE: Man of Steel - 12/1/2013 11:43:18 PM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldGrey
Sorry, but Superman isn't really an interesting superhero at all *ducks for cover* let me explain - in comparison to other superheroes. First off, he is just too powerful, the key interest in any superhero is really their weakness, what makes them vulnerable, how their "humanity" comes through. Superman has kryptonite and thats it really. Also his disguise is just unfathonably rubbish, he looks the same in the costume and out of it so whats the point ? He also lacks any genuine conflict or self doubt, there just seems to be no good reason why he would ever hesitate for a second to not help people.
I think he is just too Super really, give him some conflict, some flaws, some, well humanity, perhaps that's the problem ? ? ?

As I said in my original post: It all depends on the angle, on how you approach the character. Superman isn't a character that is set in stone. If he's written well then you have yourself an interesting superhero. And let's face it, we all know that no superhero is going to die or be seriously injured in a film, but it's about how you create a sense of drama and tension around that character,. So, how do you do this with Superman? There's Kyrptonite, yes, but mostly it would be to do with those people around him. Namely Lois Lane and the people he knows and loves. This is his true weakness, as with all superheroes. Plus let's not forget that Superman will face super villains in this film, and they are a match for him.

And another thing I said in my initial post (with regards to his 'disguise'): Who's to say they are following that route with this one? I have seen one or two set photos of Cavill as Clark (riding a bike through Metropolis) and he's not wearing his glasses. This has led me to the conclusion that they might possibly not bother with the whole glasses thing (again, re-read my original post, I explain my theory in that). I agree that the whole glasses thing is pretty rubbish...hope they drop it. It would create an interesting twist in the story: Everyone knows he's Superman. Is my theory unlikely? Possibly, but we'll find out!

And finally, to quote this point in particular: "I think he is just too Super really, give him some conflict, some flaws, some, well humanity, perhaps that's the problem?" - Well, maybe they are going to do that. Looks like there's a lot more conflictive weight to the character in the trailer, for sure.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 12/1/2013 11:48:53 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to OldGrey)
Post #: 2384
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 13/1/2013 3:57:53 AM   
Sutty

It would be interesting if part way through the movie they disgarded the Clark Kent persona altogether, so that "Clark" faces up to his responsibility as Earths Defender and becomes Kal-El/Superman for the whole world to see, never returning to the Clark Kent disguise.

This could work quite well dramatically. It would put Ma and Pa Kent in harms way in Smallville from both locals/the press/General Zod. It would give his relationship with Lois a different slant. And it was always Superman she loved anyway, not Clark. But Superman would have effectively taken away her best friend by not being Clark too... maybe.
And if they go along with the Superman as a God angle, when would he have time to be Clark anyway????

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2385
RE: Future Superman Films - 14/1/2013 4:25:10 PM   
Don_a_van

Alistair your well reasoned and thought out posts have caused me to be quitely optimistic about this film again. To be honest, unlike most I shuddered at the thought of Nolan's involvement in this as I didn't think his Batman tone would work for Superman but now I'm starting to think if done right, in the way that you've outlined, it could actually work.

I think you're right, they do need to do try something different, in order to give the Superman character some emotional core, however Superman Returns was a misfire IMO with too much focus on Louis and his SON (ffs) so I don't think they should try again. Concentrating on his personal journey, much like the Batman trilogy might be the way to go. However I really hope that they don't do this to the detriment of the rest of the film. The problem I had with Nolan's other superhero trilogy was that they spent a lot of time building up the character\background story but there was no big payoff in terms of the climax for the films. Sure spend the first hour or so exploring Clark\Kal-El's journey but the last hour better have some balls to the wall, kick arse action..or..or...or...I'll say some very derogatry things about all involved on an internet forum.

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 2386
RE: Future Superman Films - 17/1/2013 2:55:24 PM   
pete_traynor

A few words from Crowe:

http://www.slashfilm.com/russell-crowe-talks-up-the-supersonic-superman-in-man-of-steel/

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Don_a_van)
Post #: 2387
RE: Future Superman Films - 19/1/2013 11:47:28 PM   
Alistair

Thanks for the link, Pete. It'll be interesting to see how much time is spent on Krypton. and I wonder if we'll see any kind of friction between Jor El and Zod, therefore lending the later fight scenes between Faora, Zod and Supes a bit more friction/weight.

Here's the music used in the first half of the most recent Man of Steel trailer: Elegy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PqWjug1Jg

< Message edited by Alistair -- 19/1/2013 11:48:00 PM >

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

Post #: 2388
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 1:16:35 PM   
spark1

is it jenny olson in MOS?-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a452793/man-of-steel-jimmy-olsen-to-become-jenny-olsen-in-new-superman-movie.html

hey, why not?

Post #: 2389
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 4:40:08 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a452793/man-of-steel-jimmy-olsen-to-become-jenny-olsen-in-new-superman-movie.html

hey, why not?

If it helps eradicate the memory of the irritating flesh puppet who played the role in Returns, I’m cool with it.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2390
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 7:20:21 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

hey, why not?

If it helps eradicate the memory of the irritating flesh puppet who played the role in Returns, I’m cool with it.

Jimmy was in Returns??

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

Post #: 2391
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 7:43:07 PM   
Ghidorah

Someone had claimed they saw the rough cut and leaked major spoilers onto the net. I had read them and I wouldn't recommend anyone else reading them.

What I'm going to do is post the minor spoilers if any one interested.

SPOILERS ahead.

- Phantom Zone in MoS is a prison planet.
- Three villains are set up for the MoS sequels
- No mention of any other super hero
- Zod has a small army of spaceships and robots.
- Superman use all his powers except freeze breath
- US army are not best please with the arrival of Superman.

Spoilers End.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 2392
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 7:56:29 PM   
porntrooper

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

Someone had claimed they saw the rough cut and leaked major spoilers onto the net. I had read them and I wouldn't recommend anyone else reading them.

SPOILERS ahead.

Spoilers End.

Where would I find a link to the full breakdown and spoilers? I may be interested to read it, as I am pretty sure it won't be too spoilery and will all be bollocks anyway.

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2393
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 8:31:20 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: porntrooper

quote:

SPOILERS ahead.

Spoilers End.

Where would I find a link to the full breakdown and spoilers? I may be interested to read it, as I am pretty sure it won't be too spoilery and will all be bollocks anyway.

What I will do is copy and paste most of the spoilers without including the major ones.

SPOILERS

The cut he was shown was 2 hours and 24 minutes in length.

All Superman’s powers are on full display, although no freeze breath was mentioned.

Kryptonite is not used, but it has been discovered and is being studied.

the last(battle) being in Metropolis and a significant amount of the city is destroyed between the gravity ray that Zod uses on the city and the final battle with Superman and the robot space force.

Zod taken to a prison planet…now left for Superman to manage (I guess it’s where he will take future super villains) as that is what is implied in the movie.

Lex is mentioned twice, but never shown.

No cameos from other heroes.

Brainiac is mentioned, but never shown.

Krypton is described as more of a futuristic city with no ice crystals at all, although he said most of Kryptons effects were unfinished.

There is a robot army that Zod brings to earth. They were with him on the prison vessel and he reprograms them to serve him. They were originally designed to be guards on the prison planet (phantom zone) where Zod was being taken.

I believe my brother said there were around 30 or so with one being bigger and stronger than the others; I guess like the lead robot.

He claims Shannon’s Zod is probably going to end up being one of the greatest movie villains on screen.

He says that Zod is amazingly well written.

Shannon gives the best performance of the movie, and he has just as much screen time as Cavill.

Cavill looks really good in the suit. He’s a massive presence on screen and he looks like Superman straight out of a comic book.

The colors look different on the suit than what we’ve seen. I’m not sure if it’s cgi enhanced or just the lighting, but its a lot brighter and vibrant looking in the actual movie footage.

Zod wears a similar suit, but basically all black. He does have a cape when he’s first shown wearing his suit, but mostly he’s shown without it.

The quick shot of Superman flying down the building towards Zod to do battle is from the final fight scene, and there’s an epic collision that shatters windows and shakes buildings when they clash.

He used the words epic every time he described an action sequence.

The movie goes pretty deep into trying to understand how it would go if these aliens just showed up one day out of nowhere.

There is definitely a Nolan feel to the movie.

The military plays a large role in the movie; there are experiments going on behind the scenes.

Metallo is never mentioned or shown, but there is a scene with an injured Air Force pilot where they talk about using him for a secret project and the kryptonite is mentioned – although never referred to as such – it’s called “the meteorite.”
PM #3

Zod does kill several military personnel and civilians in the movie. The loss of life gravely effects Superman.

He is called Superman in the movie, but not at first, he’s called “the alien” originally.

Lois is the first to call him Superman, and the name catches on.

He learns of his origins in different ways. Jonathan is the first to tell him where he came from after his powers start to show up. After discovering his hidden ship, Jonathan tells Clark more about his origins and gives him the key that was found with it. Clark also triggers a hologram message from Jor-El using the key that explains details about his home world. Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress, he talks with another hologram of Jor-El and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.

The prison planet is an actual planet. It’s smaller though and described as something like a moon to another planet, although very far away from Krypton itself.

A scientific explanation is given for all Superman’s powers, and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.

Will update you later.

Lastly, the suit will be nano-tech like the New 52 DC Comics.

SPOILER END

(in reply to porntrooper)
Post #: 2394
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 8:36:14 PM   
porntrooper

quote:

quote:

quote:

SPOILERS ahead.

Spoilers End.

What I will do is copy and paste most of the spoilers without including the major ones.

SPOILERS

All Superman’s powers are on full display, although no freeze breath was mentioned.

the last(battle) being in Metropolis and a significant amount of the city is destroyed between the gravity ray that Zod uses on the city and the final battle with Superman and the robot space force.

Zod taken to a prison planet…now left for Superman to manage (I guess it’s where he will take future super villains) as that is what is implied in the movie.

Krypton is described as more of a futuristic city with no ice crystals at all, although he said most of Kryptons effects were unfinished.

There is a robot army that Zod brings to earth. They were with him on the prison vessel and he reprograms them to serve him. They were originally designed to be guards on the prison planet (phantom zone) where Zod was being taken.

I believe my brother said there were around 30 or so with one being bigger and stronger than the others; I guess like the lead robot.

He claims Shannon’s Zod is probably going to end up being one of the greatest movie villains on screen.

Shannon gives the best performance of the movie, and he has just as much screen time as Cavill.

Cavill looks really good in the suit. He’s a massive presence on screen and he looks like Superman straight out of a comic book.

The colors look different on the suit than what we’ve seen. I’m not sure if it’s cgi enhanced or just the lighting, but its a lot brighter and vibrant looking in the actual movie footage.

Zod wears a similar suit, but basically all black. He does have a cape when he’s first shown wearing his suit, but mostly he’s shown without it.

The quick shot of Superman flying down the building towards Zod to do battle is from the final fight scene, and there’s an epic collision that shatters windows and shakes buildings when they clash.

The movie goes pretty deep into trying to understand how it would go if these aliens just showed up one day out of nowhere.

The military plays a large role in the movie; there are experiments going on behind the scenes.

Metallo is never mentioned or shown, but there is a scene with an injured Air Force pilot where they talk about using him for a secret project and the kryptonite is mentioned – although never referred to as such – it’s called “the meteorite.”
PM #3

Zod does kill several military personnel and civilians in the movie. The loss of life gravely effects Superman.

He is called Superman in the movie, but not at first, he’s called “the alien” originally.

He learns of his origins in different ways. Jonathan is the first to tell him where he came from after his powers start to show up. After discovering his hidden ship, Jonathan tells Clark more about his origins and gives him the key that was found with it. Clark also triggers a hologram message from Jor-El using the key that explains details about his home world. Later in the film after Clark opens up the fortress, he talks with another hologram of Jor-El and discovers the suit and how it works and the source of his powers on earth.

The prison planet is an actual planet. It’s smaller though and described as something like a moon to another planet, although very far away from Krypton itself.

A scientific explanation is given for all Superman’s powers, and it grounds this movie and makes it feel even more real, or as real as a movie about a super powered alien can be.

Will update you later.

SPOILER END

Why cant you post a link to the site that is publishing this guys breakdown?

< Message edited by porntrooper -- 22/1/2013 9:18:23 PM >

"I've got an idea for a special infiltration technique. It involves draining a man of his blood and replacing it with Tizer."

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2395
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 8:51:31 PM   
musht

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

SPOILERS ahead.

Spoilers End.

SPOILERS

PM #3

Will update you later.

SPOILER END

Why cant you post a link to the site that is publishing this guys breakdown?

He's making it all up #randomunfoundedaccusations

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 2396
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 9:01:50 PM   
Ghidorah

There are too many MAJOR spoilers in the link.

What happened is person A saw a rough cut of Man Of Steel. Person B who happened to be his brother kept asking Person A for spoilers. What Person A unaware of Person B leaking this information to a website which happily post anything to get web hits. Right now Person B is asking Person A what happens in the ending.

< Message edited by Ghidorah -- 22/1/2013 9:02:58 PM >

Post #: 2397
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 9:08:05 PM   
porntrooper

quote:

There are too many MAJOR spoilers in the link.

What happened is person A saw a rough cut of Man Of Steel. Person B who happened to be his brother kept asking Person A for spoilers. What Person A unaware of Person B leaking this information to a website which happily post anything to get web hits. Right now Person B is asking Person A what happens in the ending.

Just post the link. Empire users are, I'm sure, mature enough to make the decision to follow the link or not on their own. I don't mind reading MAJOR spoilers and would be interested in reading the site/forum that this spoilery Q&A is unfolding on. Other wont want to read it, and by posting the link they then don't have scroll past all these posts of yours that have MINOR spoilers in them as clear as day.

I checked the SHH forums, cos usually that's where this kinda stuff hits first, and I see nothing. So I'm curious to know what site it is posting spoilers from an early screening of one of Summer's biggest movies, for the express reason of getting web hits, and it hasn't managed to make it's way to the SHH forums? They're clearly not doing a good job of getting web hits.

< Message edited by porntrooper -- 22/1/2013 9:10:52 PM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2398
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 9:13:36 PM   
Ghidorah

End of the day I had posted all the plot points except character deaths and one or two other major spoilers. However I will post you the link and hopefully you will come to my own conclusion there too much being leaked by the idiot.

Post #: 2399
RE: Man of Steel - 22/1/2013 9:17:22 PM   
porntrooper

quote:

End of the day I had posted all the plot points except character deaths and one or two other major spoilers. However I will post you the link and hopefully you will come to my own conclusion there too much being leaked by the idiot.

quote:

However I will post you the link and hopefully you will come to

Yea, just post the link, cos I'd like to read. I'm not too fussed about the reveal of character deaths or anything like that. Plus, it also removes the spoilers from the pages here at Empire, and with that in mind it might be worth editing them out of your post...?

Thanks for sending me the link, though hy you haven't just posted it on the thread here I dont know, there isnt much more in the CBM link to what you put here.

Interesting that it was on CBM, as I usually read that site and I never saw this being posted as news on their front page, and they're usually pretty free and easy with spoilers in thier spoiler marked articles. The article as written suggests there has been no way to verify the source as authentic, so while some of it sounds plausible (dare I say obvious, based on the trailer?) I'm not convinced by it to be honest.

< Message edited by porntrooper -- 22/1/2013 9:49:43 PM >

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2400
Page:   <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Man of Steel Page: <<   < prev  78 79 [80] 81 82   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI