Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Superman Returns Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Superman Returns Sequel Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 5:06:30 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: councilskivvy

There is one tiny hitch, WB have cut the budget for this Sequel, due to the "poor" performace of Returns! So you can't have a huge 2hour, CGI laden fight film, that'd cost the earth!

Actually the budget is the same but without the heavy costs of research and development that went into the effects of Returns. And the new film doesn't have to carry the costs of all the previous aborted attempts at making the film. Also, all the sets are built already and are ready to go again. So it's likely that there will be more special effects in this film than in Returns.

Doomsday is a terrible idea. He's a shit character who's only purpose in existence is to be a physical counterpart for Superman. There are  plenty of other characters who can stand up to Supes mentally and physically.

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 211
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 5:59:10 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

quote:

There is one tiny hitch, WB have cut the budget for this Sequel, due to the "poor" performace of Returns! So you can't have a huge 2hour, CGI laden fight film, that'd cost the earth!

Actually the budget is the same but without the heavy costs of research and development that went into the effects of Returns. And the new film doesn't have to carry the costs of all the previous aborted attempts at making the film. Also, all the sets are built already and are ready to go again. So it's likely that there will be more special effects in this film than in Returns.

Doomsday is a terrible idea. He's a shit character who's only purpose in existence is to be a physical counterpart for Superman. There are  plenty of other characters who can stand up to Supes mentally and physically.

A fair point, ...but dont tell me you wouldn't love to watch Two hours of Superman and Doomsday knocking lumps out of eachother, it's what the sequel needs.  I mean if i wanted as much touchy feely tosh as was in Returns,....I'd go watch The Piano!

Cyborg could be good???

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 212
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 7:00:10 PM   
furrybastard

I thought Singer struck the right balance in Returns. There was more than enough action in the film, depsite the odd complaints some people had that there wasn't. The entire third act is action. It's jsut mixed in with the humour, characters and plot. The way blockbusters used to be. Stuff like Indiana Jones and Star Wars (OT) always struck the right balance but it's something that has been lost over the last ten years with the sketch show-like narratives of modern films.

But I see your point in wanting to have a physical counterpart for Superman. I woudn't want two hours of it but it would be fun to see him taking on a villain who can hold his own against him. Darkseid? Lobo could be cool

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 213
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 9:24:49 PM   
monkeyinmyhead

quote:

I thought Singer struck the right balance in Returns. There was more than enough action in the film, depsite the odd complaints some people had that there wasn't. The entire third act is action. It's jsut mixed in with the humour, characters and plot. The way blockbusters used to be. Stuff like Indiana Jones and Star Wars (OT) always struck the right balance but it's something that has been lost over the last ten years with the sketch show-like narratives of modern films.

But I see your point in wanting to have a physical counterpart for Superman. I woudn't want two hours of it but it would be fun to see him taking on a villain who can hold his own against him. Darkseid? Lobo could be cool

I loved the film, felt it was perfectly done, just required a little investment on the viewers part. Maybe the sequel will indeed lay the action on a little thicker, which is no bad thing.

"LOOK AT ME."

Post #: 214
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 31/1/2007 9:08:07 AM   
lukeyboy

I've got no real complaints about Returns, i enjoyed it loads, but it had a lot to live up to. Furrybastard mentioned about humour earlier on and it made me think, that's what Returns was missing or at least lacking in and in particular It needed an Otis like charachter,...I mean it makes me chuckle just to think of Ned Beatty saying "Mr Luthor" in that brash New York accent and bopping along to his own personal theme music!! You all know what i mean.......he he!!   

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to monkeyinmyhead)
Post #: 215
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 1/2/2007 4:22:38 PM   
councilskivvy

I have faith in Singer, after allhe made a superior sequel in X2, and I'd of just loved to of seen what his vision of X3 was, bet no silly deaths for Xavier and Cyclops in his!

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 216
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 2/2/2007 2:49:44 PM   
DeppBurtonAlliance

Personally id like to see Superman Dies or Superman Gets Decapitated...i've never liked him or the films.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 217
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 2/2/2007 3:13:28 PM   
Biggus

quote:

I have faith in Singer, after allhe made a superior sequel in X2, and I'd of just loved to of seen what his vision of X3 was, bet no silly deaths for Xavier and Cyclops in his!

Spoiler warnings?!?!?!

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 218
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 26/2/2007 12:03:20 AM   
Mr Terrific

I think the villian should be Darkseid, don't know how it would be approached, but would be excellent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnq2D4PtvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qygaEaozsyE

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 219
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 27/2/2007 3:39:22 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

quote:

I agree with that - it's why Superman 2 was such an enjoyable sequel. To see him fight Zod and co while keeping an eye on the innocent bystanders was great.

Post #: 220
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 27/2/2007 8:25:12 PM   
charliealonso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Terrific

I think the villian should be Darkseid, don't know how it would be approached, but would be excellent!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujnq2D4PtvI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qygaEaozsyE

This is the best description of superman to date, cause it allows time for the characters to be explored and you get a sense of personality, SR explored this too, the emotion aspect that I long for, cause as much as it is a comic book character, real appreciation of Superman, his strengths, and his weaknesses are key to SR.

Oh and the action scenes in the animated series, esp the first scene with Superman and Darkseid is awesome and would be amazing in live action!

Bring on Superman: Man of Steel

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 221
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 27/2/2007 8:40:34 PM   
darth silas

superman returns was boring shite but im hopeful singer can make amends by giving us an action packed sequel.bring on darkseid! oh, and get rid of that annoying kid.

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

(in reply to charliealonso)
Post #: 222
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 2/3/2007 7:01:51 PM   
ednamode

well i for one worshipped superman returns, so i say bring on Singer with another as soon as possible, xmen 2 was fantastic so he should be well capable of continuing on with a franchise and making his second attempt acceptable to all, if people didnt like returns then they should definately get to give him this other chance because I thought it was fantastic and ive seen it twice in the cinema so im officially blind to its faults

I never look back, darling. It distracts me from the now.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 223
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 2/3/2007 7:41:55 PM   
BatFan

I was thinking about this a few days ago. I was wondering (if he's used) who do you guys think would play Jor-el?
I know they used the cut footage from Superman 2 but seeing as there's no more footage left, they will have to re cast him. I heard that when Brett Ratner was going to direct Superman, Anthony Hopkins was signed on to play him, who I think would be a very good choice.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 2/3/2007 7:42:47 PM >

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to ednamode)
Post #: 224
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 3/3/2007 6:53:32 PM   
furrybastard

DeNiro? He's already played the same character as Marlon Brando before.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 225
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 3/3/2007 10:58:37 PM   
Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

I agree with that - it's why Superman 2 was such an enjoyable sequel. To see him fight Zod and co while keeping an eye on the innocent bystanders was great.

Second that.  As much as I love Zod, it's pretty much a given that Singer won't put him in his take on the franchise.  Shame really.

My other choices would be Brainiac or Darkseid (but only if they got Michael ironside to play him again).

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 226
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 3/3/2007 11:11:57 PM   
GhostWriter

I think it will be Brainiac, we have new Krypton in space and the crystals are there too. It wouldn't be too far fetched to have them absorb one another to form an artifical intelligence. Plus we'd have Superman, a person who wants to know more about his homeworld, having to fight and destory a being that has the answers.

If anything goes wrong, Desmond Hume will be my constant.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 227
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 4/3/2007 12:06:32 PM   
krudler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mozza

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fluke Skywalker

quote:

Second that.  As much as I love Zod, it's pretty much a given that Singer won't put him in his take on the franchise.  Shame really.

My other choices would be Brainiac or Darkseid (but only if they got Michael ironside to play him again).

what are you talking about? singer wanted jude law to be zod at one point

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

(in reply to Mozza)
Post #: 228
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 5/3/2007 12:02:08 PM   
Titanm21

I had a read of Smiths "Superman Lives". A bit silly in places but I liked the idea of Brainiac and Luthor (hated L-Ron character).

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 5/3/2007 12:03:00 PM >

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 229
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 7/3/2007 11:23:01 PM   
sam7777777

right first off i think superman returns was a hit to many individuals, many fans walked out that cinema having there wishes fullfilled however granted it did not seemingly stretch to the masses - tho 350 + worldwide aint back plus massive dvd sales i think the sequels a go!

i like the idea of supes kid being killed by some new villain - i think luthor shud b involved as he is a screen legend! forgive me but my knowledge of superman goes as far as the films and smallville can someone please inform me of who and what brainiac/doomsday and death-somethin are?! i have no clue cos i havent read the comics or history! thanks

on a side note what i love about the superman films is that they are done reaslistically not in a comic book world as such which makes it believeable and thats what i think transends superman to an icon and was what made batman begins such a hit

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 230
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 8/3/2007 11:56:55 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: sam7777777

right first off i think superman returns was a hit to many individuals, many fans walked out that cinema having there wishes fullfilled however granted it did not seemingly stretch to the masses - tho 350 + worldwide aint back plus massive dvd sales i think the sequels a go!

i like the idea of supes kid being killed by some new villain - i think luthor shud b involved as he is a screen legend! forgive me but my knowledge of superman goes as far as the films and smallville can someone please inform me of who and what brainiac/doomsday and death-somethin are?! i have no clue cos i havent read the comics or history! thanks

on a side note what i love about the superman films is that they are done reaslistically not in a comic book world as such which makes it believeable and thats what i think transends superman to an icon and was what made batman begins such a hit

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fb/SupermanCv219.jpg/250px-SupermanCv219.jpg[/image]

at his core Brainiac is formless, most incarnations depict him as a bald, green-skinned alien android from the planet Colu, and one of the most intelligent villains in the DC universe, capable of possessing others, creating and manipulating computer systems, and exerting some control over time and space. He is responsible for shrinking Kandor, the capital city of Superman's home planet Krypton which the hero has vowed to restore.

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/b4/Doomsday.jpg/250px-Doomsday.jpg[/image]

Doomsday was artificially created in the distant past on Krypton long before the humanoid Kryptonian race had gained dominance over the planet. During this time period, Krypton was a violent, hellish world where only the absolute strongest of creatures could survive (at the time, the world's dominant lifeforms were said to be the most dangerous creatures in the universe). Doomsday's creator was a mysterious alien named Bertron, who wished to create the ultimate lifeform. To do so, Bertron and his team sent a baby onto the surface of the planet, where it would be instantly killed by the harsh environment or the vicious creatures inhabiting it. Each time, whatever of the lifeform's remains that survived were harvested and used again, to create a better, stronger version than the previous. In short, the mad scientist was using the method of cloning to accelerate the evolution of the being he was creating. Through decades of this process, the being who would eventually become Doomsday was forced to endure the agony of death, thousands upon thousands of times; the memory of these countless deaths was recorded in his genes and drove it to hate all life. Eventually, Doomsday gained the ability to evolve against what killed him in his prior life without the need of Bertron's technology. At this point he proceeded to hunt down and kill all of the lethal creatures that inhabited Krypton. Bertron himself met his death at the hands of his own creation.

[image]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4e/Darkseid.png/250px-Darkseid.png[/image]

Son of Yuga Khan and Heggra, Darkseid is the ruler of the planet Apokolips, a post he obtained after assassinating his mother. He is obsessed with finding the Anti-Life Equation in order to use it to rule the universe; this goal also includes conquering his rival planet, New Genesis, ruled by the Highfather. A destructive war between the two worlds was stopped only with a diplomatic exchange of the sons of Highfather and Darkseid. Darkseid's second born son Orion is surrendered to Highfather, while Darkseid receives Scott Free, who later becomes the master escape artist Mister Miracle. This turns out to be a setback for Darkseid with his biological son growing up to value and defend the ideals of New Genesis in opposition to his father. Darkseid's first born son is Kalibak the Cruel, and his third born son is Grayven.

< Message edited by Titanm21 -- 8/3/2007 11:58:15 AM >

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to sam7777777)
Post #: 231
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 8/3/2007 1:58:41 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think Jude Law would have been perfect as Zod but I think someone like Paul Bettany could play the part as well.

It would be nice to see Ursa and the mute Non return as well.  Jennifer Connelly would be cool - you need someone dark haired, beautiful and cold and I think she could do the job nicely.

As for Non maybe someone like Jason Statham?

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 232
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 8/3/2007 4:01:59 PM   
BatFan

People complained about Returns being similar to 1 and 2, so unless they want more bashing, they will stay away from Zod, Non, and Ursa.

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 233
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 8/3/2007 4:17:13 PM   
Philo Bedo

I agree, it needs to be someone which we haven't seen before.  Zod, Luthor and Superman battling the elements have all been done.

It's all in the reflexes....

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 234
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 8/3/2007 10:18:09 PM   
sam7777777

cheers for the info! doomsday sounds very cool, and i think brainiac wud also be cool if used right! my only objection (well not really an objection), a spanner in the works if u like, is the fact that on film and smallville to an extent, it has been made out to be superman in a realistic world, our world almost! the inclusion of brainiac and doomsday although very cool sounding are very much in the comic book world! it would take a very drastic change of direction for it to work and would take a very talented director to make it work! fortunately singer is gona b at the helm by the looks of it and in my mind he is if not ther best one of the best directors that there is! and also he knows his stuff! i just hope there remains some kind of logic and realism! wen it starts goin cgi it becomes less believable! wen that happens superman is left with nothing

(in reply to Philo Bedo)
Post #: 235
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 22/3/2007 8:39:39 PM   
BatFan

In this article from IGN it says that the sequel is going to start filming March 2008, and apparently (take this with a pich of salt, as the script hasn't even been written yet) The villians are going to be Metallo and Brainiac.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/774/774572p1.html

(in reply to sam7777777)
Post #: 236
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 25/3/2007 4:18:15 PM   
Mason Verger

They should give it to Brett Ratner. He's proven that he can succesfully take over a franchise.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 237
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 25/3/2007 4:42:41 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

They should give it to Brett Ratner. He's proven that he can succesfully take over a franchise.

I'd hardly call Red Dragon a successful takeover of a franchise.

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 238
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 25/3/2007 9:03:25 PM   
sam7777777

or xmen 3 for that matter compared to the other 2

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 239
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 26/3/2007 6:56:39 PM   
JIm R

quote:

ORIGINAL: sam7777777

or xmen 3 for that matter compared to the other 2

He was referring to x-men 3 but being cheeky about it I believe

(in reply to sam7777777)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Superman Returns Sequel Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI