Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:22:33 PM   
Woger

I'm there.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2311
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:25:12 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: sligonian

http://www.n77d58w76d19.com/

WOW looks awesome

Very melodramatic

Indeed.

Personally I've been really struggling to muster any enthusiasm for this. That trailer has changed nothing.

Oh well, not a problem. I'll just give this a miss when it hits the cinema unless the word of mouth happens to be spectacular.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 2312
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:32:47 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

WOW looks awesome

Very melodramatic

Indeed.

Personally I've been really struggling to muster any enthusiasm for this. That trailer has changed nothing.

Oh well, not a problem. I'll just give this a miss when it hits the cinema unless the word of mouth happens to be spectacular.

Its my problem with Snyder.
Its not that I dislike all his films and I really admire his love for comics and bringing them to the big screen But its his style and you can,even in this short time,see where this film is going.And to be fair on Snyder bringing Superman to the big screen now, especially in a time where Comic Book characters need much more origin depth in them than they used to, is going to be tough.
Superman even for comic writers is a tough,tough character-cookie to crack.He is the unbreakable boy scout,some might say he is even a bland character.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2313
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:33:14 PM   
sligonian

Cant really understand the negativity, i think its great that its going to have heart, passion and a story. I feel its cool that there going to explore the superman/parent on earth relationship dynamic.

The change in tone of the trailer when he comes on in the suit and amazing music starts with a awesome shot of the ground vibrating is inspired. Just wow.

Is the world ready I think so...cant wait...

Post #: 2314
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:38:59 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW looks awesome

Very melodramatic

Indeed.

Its not that I dislike all his films and I really admire his love for comics and bringing them to the big screen But its his style and you can,even in this short time,see where this film is going.And to be fair on Snyder bringing Superman to the big screen now, especially in a time where Comic Book characters need much more origin depth in them than they used to, is going to be tough.
Superman even for comic writers is a tough,tough character-cookie to crack.He is the unbreakable boy scout,some might say he is even a bland character.

That's my problem with it really. I'm not particularly a fan of the character anyway, I don't like any of the previous films nor do I enjoy the comic book (with a few exceptions). If anything it was Snyder and Nolan's involvment that I was most excited about and it still doesn't seem like it'll be my cup of tea (it was a tall order to be fair).

Anyway, like I said, not to worry. The film won't be for me but I'm sure many people will enjoy the fuck out of it regardless.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 2315
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 5:40:42 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW looks awesome

Very melodramatic

Indeed.

That's my problem with it really. I'm not particularly a fan of the character anyway, I don't like any of the previous films nor do I enjoy the comic book (with a few exceptions). If anything it was Snyder and Nolan's involvment that I was most excited about and it still doesn't seem like it'll be my cup of tea (it was a tall order to be fair).

Anyway, like I said, not to worry. The film won't be for me but I'm sure many people will enjoy the fuck out of it regardless.

Yep,my feelings to

Post #: 2316
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 6:11:53 PM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

Just interested in how long its been since you've read Superman or Action Comics (or Justice League for that matter).

It's no longer the Byrne derivative that we all grew up with, and I think that Snyder and co may well be embracing that, given the new look costume.

They may not, of course, but they've been banging the "different approach" and disassociating themselves from the Donner-verse for ages now... so my feeling is this very much new-52 territory.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 2317
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 6:40:54 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I've read three Superman books/comic volume in my time ie Superman: For Tomorrow1/2,Superman: Earth One Volume 1 and (my favourite) Superman Brainiac.

I think,in my point of view,Superman on film hasn't looked great,admirable but not great.
And reading these above stories,although very interesting and spectacular I still don't get a strong sense of character in Superman/Clark Kent.
Everything interesting seems to revolve around him,rather than him.And despite all that trouble Superman still comes out as a bland,clean character,even when his darker emotions run-away with him it still doesn't take long for his clean-cut characteristics to come flooding back.

But maybe that's my problem.Maybe I've read and hold a stronger interest in characters who are not so morally strict.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 11/12/2012 6:47:21 PM >

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2318
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 8:09:58 PM   
paulyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

I'm there.

Me too, thought the trailer was fooking awesome personally!

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Woger)
Post #: 2319
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 8:14:16 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

WOW looks awesome

Very melodramatic

Indeed.

The problem is in most media we don't get the impression how strong or tough Superman really is. Apprently he's holding back 99% of the time and allowing his enemies to clubber him about when he could easily beat them in one blow. Funny how he can go head to head against Darksied but have difficulties defeating a person with special powers. At least in the new movie they made the right decision to have Zod as the villain. We don't know how much punishment a Kryptarian can take before they die and the chances are Zod will die in battle. Due to this we can measure the amount of punishment Zod can take and compare it to Superman when he fight his future villains. We will know if Superman is either having an easy ride or on his last legs.

Post #: 2320
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 8:19:30 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

@Ghidorah

Yep,some good points.
Does this film have any connections to Smallville?,or is this Man Of Steel film solely going it alone.

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2321
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 9:34:20 PM   
Cool Breeze

That new trailer was awesome and has me even more excited for this.It doesnt look like an empty spectacle like most of Snyders films, in fact there was a lot of emotion conveyed as to what it would mean to have all those powers.In short, it looks like a perfect fusion of Nolans storytelling skill and Snyders knack for comic book action.

Bring it on!

And no Open your Eyes, it has no connection to Smallville or the Reeve films.Its a fresh reboot.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 2322
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 9:40:36 PM   
Hood_Man

That trailer certainly whet my appetite

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 11/12/2012 9:41:08 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2323
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 9:50:42 PM   
Dirk Miggler

That's my ticket booked

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 2324
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2012 10:44:38 PM   
Nexus Wookie

Really impressed with this new trailer. Its definitely got my mouth watering!

Love the look and feel.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 2325
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 1:04:20 AM   
rich

Small glimpses of spectacle, but mainly dramatic overtones and character stuff is a good sign I guess. Still mainly optimistic.

(in reply to Nexus Wookie)
Post #: 2326
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 10:18:53 AM   
spark1

cavill looks and sounds great, real warmth to his kal el.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2327
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 2:14:58 PM   
Emyr Thy King

A great trailer and sets the tone nicely for Superman. Do people feel they'll tie the MoS in with the planned Justice League film in 2015? I can't see them having two Supermen, it would be confusing and unecessary.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 12/12/2012 11:39:44 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2328
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 7:44:32 PM   
pete_traynor

Absolutely fantastic stuff! Needless to say, I buckled on waiting to see it before The Hobbit.

Some absolutely stunning imagery going on here! His exit from the Fortress of Solitude is beautiful and that long shot of him walking across the arctic... chills! And the shot of him taking off is incredibly well done.

The shot of him and (I'm guessing) Louis silhouetted against that bombardment is also sublime. Iconic looking Superman images. From the level of destruction in that shot and the ships we're seeing, this looks like a full on Alien invasion film. Looks like Shannon's attack on Earth is going to be on a pretty massive scale.

It just looks great

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 2329
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 8:13:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

That scene in the field between Costner and Clark was pure Field Of Dreams.An intentional homage most likely.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2330
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 8:51:50 PM   
shool

I think that trailer completely nails it.

Wasnt excited until now.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2331
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/12/2012 11:23:38 PM   
Vadersville

Looked very... Smallville...

Confusion is a way of life, not a state of mind

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 2332
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 10:23:02 AM   
spark1

nolan let slip about MOS?-

http://movieline.com/2012/12/12/christopher-nolan-batman-man-of-steel-hugh-jackman/#utm_campaign=homepage&utm_source=maincolumn&utm_medium=editorspicks&utm_content=slot2

(in reply to Vadersville)
Post #: 2333
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 10:28:48 AM   
AxlReznor

Nope. Nolan's (and most filmmakers, actually) tactics are usually to refuse to confirm or deny any rumour. So just because his answer wasn't 'no', doesn't mean that it's a 'yes', or even a 'maybe'. It's probably just a 'we're not telling you anything'.

Also, it should be blatantly obvious to anyone who works for a movie news website that he wouldn't be able to talk about specifics about any movie they're involved with. It's not like keeping these things secret is a new development in film-making any more.

< Message edited by AxlReznor -- 13/12/2012 10:30:10 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2334
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 10:33:56 AM   
The Hooded Man

I just hope this doesn't have the generic identical alien army invasion ending that was exactly the same in both Transformers Dark Of The Moon and Avengers Assemble.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2335
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 10:38:19 AM   
pete_traynor

Batman... I hope not.

Leave all that shoehorning in to Marvel. Superman (more than any other) deserves his own film. No need for a cameo from the weediest Batman/Robin/Knightwing (or whoever the hell he is) in history to show up here.

Outsiders not needed or welcome. Superman only please!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2336
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 10:58:39 AM   
AxlReznor

Well it appears that whether or not Batman (whether it be JGL or someone new) does make an appearance in Man Of Steel, WB are definitely forging ahead with their Marvel-imitating DC Cinematic Universe. I'm not looking forward to it at all, myself, and feel that it's wholly unecessary... and the proposed date for the Justice League movie just stinks of rush-job.

Also, if the Batman they use for this is John Blake, I will be extremely disappointed for two reasons. Firstly, it would completely go against everything that Chris Nolan set out to achieve with his Dark Knight Trilogy. And secondly because a Justice League movie without Bruce Wayne would be an awful idea!

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2337
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 8:53:30 PM   
TomTron

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Well it appears that whether or not Batman (whether it be JGL or someone new) does make an appearance in Man Of Steel, WB are definitely forging ahead with their Marvel-imitating DC Cinematic Universe. I'm not looking forward to it at all, myself, and feel that it's wholly unecessary... and the proposed date for the Justice League movie just stinks of rush-job.

Also, if the Batman they use for this is John Blake, I will be extremely disappointed for two reasons. Firstly, it would completely go against everything that Chris Nolan set out to achieve with his Dark Knight Trilogy. And secondly because a Justice League movie without Bruce Wayne would be an awful idea!

It's definitely Superman's time to shine and having anything to do with Justice League would just undermine that. Warner Bros obviously want to have a successful film to rival The Avengers but they need to stop and think whether they should make it. Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern need to establish themselves in their own, unrelated and successful film franchises before they even consider a JLA film.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2338
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 8:58:43 PM   
Ghidorah

The difficulties of keeping the Batman's cameo a secret is going to a huge feat of seceracy. The amount of work going to be put in for casting, designing the costumes, making the outfit and filming is going to be rather difficult. Then we need to ask why Batman/Bruce Wayne need to show up in the film?

In the previous Superman/Batman films, film makers often toy with the idea of their being other superheroes. For example Batman knows Superman in Batman and Robin. In Superman Returns there is a mention of Gotham City in the newspaper stand. Meaning Batman exist in Donner's Superman universe.

The only logical way for a Batman ending in the MOS without Batman is through the Daily Planet. Maybe at the end Perry send Clark Kent to investigate the mystery crime fighter in Gotham City while Lios covers Superman.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2339
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/12/2012 9:30:47 PM   
musht

More than likely it will be a Bruce Wayne (or whoever they decide is going to be Batman's alter-ego) cameo rather than Batman.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 2340
Page:   <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  76 77 [78] 79 80   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI