Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 6/11/2012 2:47:08 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

going by the teaser trailers, i wouldnt get your hopes up!

Going on the Comic Con footage, I would!

ggrrr Why?. Does it have more Harrypotter style CGI flying sequences?

Wouldn't want to ruin the surprise for you

Well the official trailers show a Superman flying through sound barrier with Head at perfect 90 degree angle!! thats one super neck for a start!!...or just really shit CGi

HE'S SUPERMAN!!! Not really governed by the laws of physics on Earth like me and you.

Suspension of disbelief is going to be a must for this film folks

Just shit CGi then.

Agree to disagree me thinks

yeh ok, just until the first full trailer is released! ;)

Cool. We’ll reconvene after that

Hopefully not too long now. Have tickets booked for the Hobbit in IMAX on Dec 14th, so seriously hoping it’s attached to that!

Fair enough!. Are you expecting a brand new trailer or a rehash of the Comic Con trailer?. I can decide whether to go see The Hobbit, i think its one for DVD . as much as loved the Rings Trilogy nothing about this Hobbit movie excites me.

Not sure. Think it will consist of a lot of the CC footage. But as they've been working for months since then I reckon there may be a couple of new, big action shots in there too. I wonder how much if Zod they'll show though. From the CC footage there only seemed to be a very brief close up of his face and a very cool (but quick) FX shot of him and Supes fighting mid air above Metropolis

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2251
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 6/11/2012 2:50:47 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well the official trailers show a Superman flying through sound barrier with Head at perfect 90 degree angle!! thats one super neck for a start!!...or just really shit CGi

HE'S SUPERMAN!!! Not really governed by the laws of physics on Earth like me and you.

Just shit CGi then.

Cool. We’ll reconvene after that

Hopefully not too long now. Have tickets booked for the Hobbit in IMAX on Dec 14th, so seriously hoping it’s attached to that!

Fair enough!. Are you expecting a brand new trailer or a rehash of the Comic Con trailer?. I can decide whether to go see The Hobbit, i think its one for DVD . as much as loved the Rings Trilogy nothing about this Hobbit movie excites me.

Not sure. Think it will consist of a lot of the CC footage. But as they've been working for months since then I reckon there may be a couple of new, big action shots in there too. I wonder how much if Zod they'll show though. From the CC footage there only seemed to be a very brief close up of his face and a very cool (but quick) FX shot of him and Supes fighting mid air above Metropolis

him and Supes fighting mid air above Metropolis - Does this look more matrix/harry potter or Avengers?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2252
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 6/11/2012 4:29:13 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just shit CGi then.

Cool. We'll reconvene after that

Hopefully not too long now. Have tickets booked for the Hobbit in IMAX on Dec 14th, so seriously hoping it's attached to that!

him and Supes fighting mid air above Metropolis - Does this look more matrix/harry potter or Avengers?

Oh I give up  Lets talk after the trailer

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2253
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 6/11/2012 4:34:23 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Just shit CGi then.

Cool. We'll reconvene after that

Hopefully not too long now. Have tickets booked for the Hobbit in IMAX on Dec 14th, so seriously hoping it's attached to that!

Oh I give up  Lets talk after the trailer

I won.

Just kidding. we will see

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 2254
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 18/11/2012 8:15:19 PM   
Sutty

http://nukethefridge.com/2012/11/18/ntf-scoop-new-man-of-steel-trailer-in-front-of-the-hobbit/

and its all new material! hopefully a taste of the new music too!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2255
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 19/11/2012 12:35:39 PM   
pete_traynor

Not surprised at the announcement of its placement, as I think we all knew that was the only place WB could debut the MoS theatrical.

Surprised if that info about all new footage turns out to be true though. I expected maybe a couple of newer shots, given the amount of post production that will now have been completed.

But there were some absolutely sensational shots in that CC trailer that I would definitely leave in (if only it were up to me ). The shot of him emerging from the Fortress of Solitude silhouetted, into white arctic environment looked absolutely iconic! Of all the great stuff in that footage, that one shot was the most affecting for me personally. The one of him head to toe on fire also looked eye popping!

Looking forward to seeing this trailer at the BFI IMAX more than the Hobbit… and I’m looking forward to the Hobbit a lot!

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2256
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 19/11/2012 5:14:47 PM   
Sutty

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuzKmkDGiCs

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2257
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 19/11/2012 6:33:14 PM   
pete_traynor

Nice!

But I don't think it's the actual CC trailer. More a mash up of that and the teaser. There were some great shots of him taking off/flying in the leak I saw a couple of months ago that aren't in here. Still, looking great to me

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2258
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 20/11/2012 12:29:44 AM   
Sutty

It does appear a more "weightier" effort than previous movies. Or perhaps edgier is a better description given that even through its lightness of tone, Superman The Movie addressed some heavy issues and had a darker edge in some moments. I know that the contrast between Batman and Superman has often been day and night, but that is not to say that Superman doesn't have some darker elements to explore. Providing that they don't make Supermans "boy scout" persona a sudden mix of various shades of grey. Superman ALWAYS does the right thing without hesitation doesn't he?

What I would like to see next is some awesome action worthy of a Superman movie yet made. And some music!! I'm guessing the music used thus far is temporary?

Post #: 2259
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 20/11/2012 9:23:35 PM   
pete_traynor

Snyder has confirmed the trailer is on the Hobbit. Describes it as crazy!

Here's hoping

http://www.slashfilm.com/zack-snyder-confirms-crazy-man-of-steel-trailer-in-front-of-the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey/

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 20/11/2012 9:24:14 PM >

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2260
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 26/11/2012 12:55:43 PM   
spark1

MOS sets the tone for JLA?-

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie?intcmp=ILCMUSIMG9382

Post #: 2261
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 26/11/2012 1:37:48 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/nov/26/man-of-steel-justice-league-movie?intcmp=ILCMUSIMG9382

Possibly, and it wouldnt be a massive surprise. Having said that, Synder has said before now that his movie is a stand alone with no ties to other superheroes or the JL. Judging by this I still dont think WB has a clue themselves about what their plans are.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2262
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 26/11/2012 2:41:21 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

Possibly, and it wouldnt be a massive surprise. Having said that, Synder has said before now that his movie is a stand alone with no ties to other superheroes or the JL. Judging by this I still dont think WB has a clue themselves about what their plans are.

I seriously hope this turns out to be the case!  

Superman deserves his own film, without cameos, set ups and all that other guff. His mythology is so rich that there is plenty to explore, without weighing it down throwing Wonder Woman, Batman and Martian Man-Hunter cameos in too.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 2263
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 27/11/2012 12:04:26 AM   
musht

Looks like Snyder may have switched tack when it comes to MoS being linked to JLA

< Message edited by musht -- 27/11/2012 2:12:07 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

Post #: 2264
RE: Future Superman Films - 27/11/2012 8:31:16 AM   
mysterious

Joseph Gordon-Lewitt is rumoured to be cast as Batman for JLA

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/11/27/joseph-gordon-levitt-to-play-batman-in-justice-league

"Lets put a smmile on that facce!"

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 2265
RE: Future Superman Films - 27/11/2012 10:49:10 PM   
film man aidy

Am starting to wonder whats being tinkered with during post production on MOS. Okay, so it's been pretty secretive from the start, but it's release date shift, the general lack of decent promo stuff so far, and Zack Snyder's recent change in opinion on JLA associations have me worried. Is this now being reshaped from a project that could stand(or fly) on it's own two feet, and into a less dark take to allow Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and friends into the fold? I bloody hope not...

(in reply to mysterious)
Post #: 2266
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/11/2012 11:54:53 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: film man aidy
it's release date shift,

Was the release date changed on this? I thought it was always planned for a summer 2013 release.

quote:

lack of decent promo stuff so far,

Reaction to the CC reel was extremely positive. Even the crappy quality Youtube leak I saw of the footage looked great. We’re only a couple of weeks away from the first theatrical trailer though, which for a tent pole film like this is about right.

Definitely with you on JL tie ins. Not here please! Do that separately and leave MoS alone as it has a lot of promise as a standalone Superman film.

(in reply to film man aidy)
Post #: 2267
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/11/2012 12:51:50 PM   
jackcarter

saw this DM article and notice Cavil looks more Reeve-ish than ever in the first pic:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2239446/Henry-Cavill-super-humble-opens-landing-Man-Steel-role-cementing-star-status.html

Post #: 2268
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/11/2012 4:32:56 PM   
film man aidy

That DM article appears to feature the new MOS poster does it not? Not enough imagination there i'm afraid. Looks just like Empire's old Thor cover!

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 2269
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/11/2012 4:36:25 PM   
film man aidy

And the release date shift occured when they first started shooting. It was originally Xmas 2012. Adding six months to that should mean we see a relatively SFX heavy trailer with The Hobbit, now Warners have had such an epic post production period.

Post #: 2270
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/11/2012 4:39:27 PM   
film man aidy

Ok, think i've been had. Looks like a fanmade variation of the Thor poster...

Post #: 2271
RE: Future Superman Films - 1/12/2012 12:27:59 PM   
spark1

nolan on producing MOS-

http://movieline.com/2012/11/29/christopher-nolan-batman-heath-ledger-man-of-steel/#utm_campaign=homepage&utm_source=maincolumn&utm_medium=editorspicks&utm_content=slot1

Post #: 2272
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/12/2012 1:34:37 PM   
Sutty

quote:

Ok, think i've been had. Looks like a fanmade variation of the Thor poster...

thankfully. because it was baaaaad....

Post #: 2273
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/12/2012 7:26:26 PM   
musht

New poster!!

< Message edited by musht -- 3/12/2012 7:28:45 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2274
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/12/2012 8:16:00 PM   
Sutty

certainly intriguing...

Why is Superman chained?

Who are the soldiers?

Are they human?

What is going on?!?!?!

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 2275
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/12/2012 8:17:37 PM   
Sutty

And why is Superman ALLOWING himself to be prisoner?

Is there Kryptonite involved? Or is he surrendering himself to some human faction?

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2276
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/12/2012 8:34:25 PM   
musht

Given it's the origin story my guess would be that he's "arrested" after his first appearance, the government being all like "who the fuck is this guy?". And because he's a nice guy superman he goes willingly. But that's just speculation.

< Message edited by musht -- 3/12/2012 8:36:52 PM >

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2277
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/12/2012 1:14:33 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Or, he's an alien. Zod's an alien. They're both from the same place, therefore, we'll arrest Superman. That's Luthor's MO, isn't it, Superman is just the PR guy to soften us up for the Kryptonian hordes to come.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 2278
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/12/2012 1:25:26 PM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

Given it's the origin story my guess would be that he's "arrested" after his first appearance, the government being all like "who the fuck is this guy?". And because he's a nice guy superman he goes willingly. But that's just speculation.

I agree. If the new film is all about Kal-El deciding to become Superman, then a part of the film will be how does the world respond to, essentially an invincible alien God, showing up. I'd be willing to be mistrust and fear would be the order of the day, until Superman shows everyone he's the Big Blue Boy Scout. Until then, it's only right the military would want to 'detain' him, and because Superman is Superman, he probably goes along with it.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 2279
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/12/2012 2:51:02 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

I agree. If the new film is all about Kal-El deciding to become Superman, then a part of the film will be how does the world respond to, essentially an invincible alien God, showing up. I'd be willing to be mistrust and fear would be the order of the day, until Superman shows everyone he's the Big Blue Boy Scout. Until then, it's only right the military would want to 'detain' him, and because Superman is Superman, he probably goes along with it.

Should be really interesting as we've never really seen on film how the world reacts to Superman when he first appears (not that I can remember, haven't seen the movie in a while) and the above would seem like the realistic reaction. If it is the case I'll be interested to see how he escapes/allowed to get back out there. I also wonder where Zod comes into it all, does Kal-El decide to become Superman in order to fight Zod (seems the most likely scenario) or will Zod arrive while he's still getting to grips with the cape and offer Superman a chance to prove himself.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 2280
Page:   <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  74 75 [76] 77 78   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI