Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: MAN OF STEEL

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: MAN OF STEEL Page: <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 1:00:19 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

My only concern in that SPOILER is Michael Shannon's CGI enhanced physique. I don't think Zod needs to be super pumped up to be menacing, just look at Terrance Stamp.

While thatís definitely true, I did always find this take on Zod pretty damn cool!

http://nerdbastards.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/general-zod.jpg

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2071
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 1:38:21 PM   
Alistair

I thought that Shannon was just wearing a muscle suit (without CGI enhancement)? That article doesn't suggest any CGi jiggery pokery.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2072
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 4:30:20 PM   
FoximusPrime

While I hope that Snyder reins in his urges for 120 minutes of slo-mo, I'd very much like to see him put a twist on it by having a fight scene between Superman and Zod or Faora take place in real time (say, 5 or 10 minutes) for the Kryptonians / cinema audience but bystanders and the world around the fight in slow motion.

There was a similar concept in one issue of JMS's "Grounded" storyline in the comics last year, when The Flash and Superman had an issue-long conversation in a diner, in the space of a couple of seconds' "real-time" while a waitress slowly fell over.

I only used to pick up DC comics every couple of years or so but I'm glad that issue was the one I read that time.

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2073
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 4:42:21 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I think its time now that Snyder goes the other way and considers Benny Hill stlye fast-forward-play.

(in reply to FoximusPrime)
Post #: 2074
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 4:44:32 PM   
FoximusPrime

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

I think its time now that Snyder goes the other way and considers Benny Hill stlye fast-forward-play.

They are looking to replace the John Williams theme too...

Spoiler colour: #F1F1F1

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2075
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 4:47:52 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: FoximusPrime

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

I think we're onto a winner

Post #: 2076
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 4:51:05 PM   
Russ Whitfield

quote:

quote:

Really. I hope not - its bit like replacing the James Bond theme. Times change, actors change... the theme doesn't have to.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 2077
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 5:17:23 PM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

quote:

quote:

Really. I hope not - its bit like replacing the James Bond theme. Times change, actors change... the theme doesn't have to.

They are definitely using a new score for this and for the better I think. Lets leave the past be and give us something we haven't heard before.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2078
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 10:13:27 PM   
Sutty

I know this movie isn't due out for another 12 months, but I really think they need to kick on with the publicity campaign soon. A teaser trailer would really give people a solid basis of what to expect. We all know the cast list, let's see them in action.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2079
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 18/5/2012 11:44:18 AM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

quote:

quote:

quote:

They are definitely using a new score for this and for the better I think. Lets leave the past be and give us something we haven't heard before.

I'm open to them changing the score as long as it's an improvement and not just change for the sake of it.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2080
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 18/5/2012 12:08:48 PM   
Russ Whitfield

I worry that it'll be a mix of modern guitar thrash and classic, a la 300.

I thought that John Ottman did a wonderful job with the source material. But if its confirmed, its confirmed... a real shame for me, though. As I say... somethings shouldn't be messed with. Then again... it might turn out to be the greatest score ever. Watchmen was pretty good, come to think of it.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2081
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 18/5/2012 12:51:02 PM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

I worry that it'll be a mix of modern guitar thrash and classic, a la 300.

I thought that John Ottman did a wonderful job with the source material. But if its confirmed, its confirmed... a real shame for me, though. As I say... somethings shouldn't be messed with. Then again... it might turn out to be the greatest score ever. Watchmen was pretty good, come to think of it.

Who is doing the score by the way?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keep-the-Original-Superman-Score-for-the-upcoming-Man-of-Steel-film/226188350754406

< Message edited by The Hooded Man -- 18/5/2012 12:53:26 PM >

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 2082
MAN OF STEEL - 18/5/2012 1:40:14 PM   
Alistair

I really don't understand why people would like to keep the original Superman theme - It's a brand new start for the Man of Steel, why would you want the old theme? Makes no sense!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2083
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 8:47:55 AM   
Russ Whitfield

@hooded man - Its not listed on IMDB pro or the Wiki-God, but my money would be on Tyler Bates. I'm no Sherlock, but his past works include "Dawn of the Dead," "300", "Watchmen" and "Sucker Punch."

@Alistair - because its iconic.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2084
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 9:34:53 AM   
Alistair

It may well be iconic but sometimes you just need to move on, and I doubt the score would fit in with the style of Snyder's film to begin with. I'm a huge fan of film soundtracks but I'm not sad that this theme won't be used in a new Superman film. Infact I'm glad we won't hear it. I want something new with this film.

Post #: 2085
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 11:47:25 AM   
Russ Whitfield

Okaaayyyyyy.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2086
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 12:29:37 PM   
spark1

they could do a mash up of old and new, like the end titles for the recent 'star trek'.

Post #: 2087
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 5:23:16 PM   
Alistair

Even though this isn't even a factor because they are using new music, if they did use the John Williams theme then it would instantly tie 'Man of Steel' in with all the other Superman films, and that's not what they are doing here. It's a brand new start, a new beginning.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2088
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 7:15:14 PM   
rich

They are using a new theme, and it's old news. It would be like using the Danny Elfman "Batman" theme in every version of that character when clearly Superman and Batman have had many more appearances on and off screen.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2089
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 8:51:46 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

It may well be iconic but sometimes you just need to move on, and I doubt the score would fit in with the style of Snyder's film to begin with. I'm a huge fan of film soundtracks but I'm not sad that this theme won't be used in a new Superman film. Infact I'm glad we won't hear it. I want something new with this film.

This.

Man Of Steel is a reboot.A clean break from the Donner/Reeve era of Superman films which means that it should not use any of Williams themes.Besides, every incarnation of Superman on screen has had different musical scores from Jay Gruskas Lois And Clark theme, to Shirley Walkers theme to the 90s animated series.It was somewhat appropriate to use the Williams themes for Returns as that was a semi sequel/rehash/rewhatever to the Reeve films.Man Of Steel needs its own musical voice.

As for a trailer,im not a fan of a films trailer debuting over a year in advance of the movies actual release.Let them work on it until the films pretty much complete and release a trailer a month or two before the release date.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2090
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 9:58:50 PM   
Rgirvan44

The Superman theme is iconic - it is up there with James Bond. People don't connect it with Reeves - they connect it with Superman. Kids who have never seen the Donner films know the tune. The idea that somehow the problem would be the theme tune is nonsense. The theme had nothing to do with why the last one sucked.

But hey, I can't wait to hear what a modern composers idea of an iconic Superman theme sounds like....

Question - would you all be happy with the Daniel Craig Bonds, since they were a reboot, not using the theme?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 2091
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 10:11:11 PM   
rich

Not that's not the same deal. If some non Danjaq group could get away with it again, like say Never Say Never then yes, that is acceptable.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2092
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 10:18:05 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

Not that's not the same deal. If some non Danjaq group could get away with it again, like say Never Say Never then yes, that is acceptable.

We can only hope the Man of Steel theme is as memorable as the Never Say Never Again theme.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 2093
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 11:23:36 PM   
Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

The Superman theme is iconic - it is up there with James Bond. People don't connect it with Reeves - they connect it with Superman. Kids who have never seen the Donner films know the tune. The idea that somehow the problem would be the theme tune is nonsense. The theme had nothing to do with why the last one sucked.

But hey, I can't wait to hear what a modern composers idea of an iconic Superman theme sounds like....

Question - would you all be happy with the Daniel Craig Bonds, since they were a reboot, not using the theme?

But then would you expect to hear Danny Elfman's Batman theme in Nolan's Batman trilogy? Just wouldn't fit. Some things just shouldn't be carried over. And while I agree with your comments on John Williams's theme, I think, after 40 years of the same piece of music, it's about time there was a new approach. The music is made to fit the film. This is Zack Snider and Chris Nolan's interpretation of Superman (based on a comic book that had no music), so they shouldn't be held to what has come before.

As for Bond - Even though they went back to the start with the new Craig Bond films, they are still 'official' Bond films and are therefore tied to an existing universe. To not use the Bond theme would be ludicrous.

< Message edited by Alistair -- 19/5/2012 11:30:32 PM >

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2094
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 11:31:47 PM   
UTB

I think I'd find the use of the theme distracting and merely a box-ticking exercise. If we're going to reboot, do the lot.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2095
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 11:46:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alistair

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

But then would you expect to hear Danny Elfman's Batman theme in Nolan's Batman trilogy? Just wouldn't fit. Some things just shouldn't be carried over. And while I agree with your comments on John Williams's theme, I think, after 40 years of the same piece of music, it's about time there was a new approach. The music is made to fit the film. This is Zack Snider and Chris Nolan's interpretation of Superman (based on a comic book that had no music), so they shouldn't be held to what has come before.

As for Bond - Even though they went back to the start with the new Craig Bond films, they are still 'official' Bond films and are therefore tied to an existing universe. To not use the Bond theme would be ludicrous.

But Batman has never had a definitive theme - the school kids don't run around humming any of those tunes. And that is the difference - Superman transcends those movies to the point where it isn't held by one actor - it is about bravery and being forward looking.

I will bet all the money in my pockets that the Synder film won't have anything coming close to it. Composers nowerdays seem unable to come up with iconic tunes. The only one I remember recently is Magentos theme in X Men: First Class.

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2096
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 19/5/2012 11:48:00 PM   
Rgirvan44

And while this is a reboot, it is also drawing heavily on the previous films...

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2097
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 20/5/2012 12:29:57 AM   
directorscut

You've never heard kids singing "Nananananana Batman!"?

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2098
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 20/5/2012 12:54:43 AM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

You've never heard kids singing "Nananananana Batman!"?

I would be MOST happy if Dark Knight Rises had that as the theme tune.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 2099
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 20/5/2012 10:31:25 AM   
superdan

I found the best bit of Superman Returns was when the opening theme kicked in. I was instantly transported to my childhood and got a real kick out of it. Sadly it all went downhill from there, but at least that theme elicits a thrill.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 2100
Page:   <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: MAN OF STEEL Page: <<   < prev  68 69 [70] 71 72   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI