Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Superman Returns Sequel

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Superman Returns Sequel Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 17/1/2007 12:41:26 PM   
Entervoice

quote:

ORIGINAL: doa1984

a second film must be certain by now.

In the second one i think it should develop his relationship with his son and lois, how will he cope with his son being raised by another man.

id like some kind of super  powered foe so that sups can have a good ole fist fight ( maby metallo )

It was a clever script but was not impressed with lois's character - to dull

(in reply to doa1984)
Post #: 181
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 17/1/2007 4:49:01 PM   
BatFan

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=39552

Sequel will have more action and two villians???

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Entervoice)
Post #: 182
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 18/1/2007 9:18:53 PM   
Diggler

I can't wait for the sequel. I find myself constantly checking the net for confirmed news for the next movie.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 183
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 22/1/2007 3:57:51 PM   
eD yzarC

Yh me to there was a rumour that Jude law was going to play General Zod i think it would be better if Singer Brings in Characters like Braniac and Darksied charactes that can really test Superman physically  in the comic books hes killed by Doomsday so maybe bring him in to the third film. Returns was an amazing film and disn get enough credit for its acheivements both visually and script but it lacked action and thats all the next film needs.  Man of steel would be a good title

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 184
RE: Future Superman Films - 22/1/2007 11:56:58 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I think it's mandatory for Superman to face a superpowered supervillain. Since we haven't seen the likes of Brainiac, Doomsday, Darkseid, Metallo et all in a live action Superman film.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 185
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/1/2007 12:00:24 AM   
Emyr Thy King

I think it's mandatory for Superman to face a superpowered supervillain. Since we haven't seen the likes of Brainiac, Doomsday, Darkseid, Metallo et all in a live action Superman film.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 186
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 3:40:28 PM   
Marky_Mark

Computer games that are released to coincide with films often give away more than they mean to....

The latest Superman Returns game (whilst shite), had Metallo as a villain. Which, would indicate that he's unlikely to appear in the next film.

I'd personally love to see the Doomsday story told (especially if Singer is still involved), but there's a lot to tell, and it would require pretty severe plot alterations (e.g. cut out the JLA involvement, and the appearence of the Superman 'pretenders' following his death)...I think that the DC universe has to be represented better on film first before a story of this size is handled.

Darkseid would be cool, but again I'm not sure how that would be handled. How about Cyborg ?

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 187
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 7:34:46 PM   
BatFan

I remember a while ago, when Superman Returns had it's premiere in America, people were already asking about a sequel ( I hate it when people do that ). And Singer mentioned he was thinking about Brainiac. So I think it's pretty much definite that Brainiac will be the villian, in the next film.

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 188
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 7:54:40 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Source?

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 189
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 8:15:44 PM   
BatFan

It was a story back on IGN ages ago. I can't be bothered to go through the archives finding it, but I promise you it was there, I can remember it vividly because as soon as I read it, I prayed to god that it wouldn't be the version Jon Peters wanted. (Those of you that have watched An evening with kevin Smith will know what I'm talking about).

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 190
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 8:21:34 PM   
furrybastard

Yeah, I remember the Brainiac comment too. I think it may have been in the same one where Singer talking about going all Wrath of Khan on the sequel.

Brainiac's a stupid name though. If they do go ahead with it, do you think they'll change the name?

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 191
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 8:22:46 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Brainiac rules. Singer only ever mentioned an alien villain though, could be Darkseid (I hope not).

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 192
RE: Future Superman Films - 26/1/2007 8:23:57 PM   
BatFan

I don't think they would change the name as the fanboys would have an epi (actually I would be a bit pissed off aswell) If they did use him. He would probally get his name like Green Goblin got his in Spiderman, he would probally be labelled with it, by the press.

< Message edited by BatFan -- 26/1/2007 8:24:28 PM >

Post #: 193
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/1/2007 9:38:07 AM   
monkeyinmyhead

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

It was a story back on IGN ages ago. I can't be bothered to go through the archives finding it, but I promise you it was there, I can remember it vividly because as soon as I read it, I prayed to god that it wouldn't be the version Jon Peters wanted. (Those of you that have watched An evening with kevin Smith will know what I'm talking about).

Lol man, I know what you mean, and my prayers are with yours...

"LOOK AT ME."

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 194
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/1/2007 11:21:18 AM   
Kenny

I would cream my pants if Lobo was one of the villians. My pants.

Well Ive Had a Lovely Evening But This Wasnt It! - Groucho Marx

(in reply to monkeyinmyhead)
Post #: 195
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/1/2007 12:53:59 PM   
sanchia

I am personally of the opinion that they should create an original villain rather than link it directly to a precreated comic book villain.  I realise that would cause problems in itself but at the same time it would remove any preconceptions of how that character should be and it would be nice to see something original which if done correctly could be good.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Kenny)
Post #: 196
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/1/2007 2:38:42 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

I am personally of the opinion that they should create an original villain rather than link it directly to a precreated comic book villain.  I realise that would cause problems in itself but at the same time it would remove any preconceptions of how that character should be and it would be nice to see something original which if done correctly could be good.

Yeah, I'd like to see that. Undoubtedly, Luthor will play a part in things so it'll be fun to have Spacey back

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 197
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 29/1/2007 11:10:29 AM   
jimbo909

An idea I quite like the sound of is the return of General Zod. The writers would have to figure out a way for him to survive and get his powers back, maybe the same way Supes does in Superman II. Anyway, the difference would be Lex Luther uses Kryponite to give him power over Zod and force him to do his bidding. This would prevent Lex from being reduced to a secondary villian like he was in Superman II. Just a Thought.

"This is an oldie. Well, it's an oldie where I come from."

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 198
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2007 11:13:18 AM   
jimbo909

Come up with an original villian? Ooooo risky! We don't want another Nuclear Man.

Post #: 199
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2007 11:24:54 AM   
councilskivvy

Now I wanted to really not like Returns after I saw what Ratner had done to X3, and cursed Superman for luring Singer away. But it was one of my films of the year! I think they'll keep the Doomsday story seperate from Singer's films, because wasn't there a announcement at convention last year where the Superman logo appeared dripping in blood! I read it on superherohype!

See linkhttp://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=4545

< Message edited by councilskivvy -- 29/1/2007 11:28:17 AM >

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 200
RE: Future Superman Films - 29/1/2007 12:54:44 PM   
BatFan

Yeah that's a new animated film from the guy who made the Batman, Superman, Justic League cartoons. Should be good.

(in reply to councilskivvy)
Post #: 201
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 29/1/2007 5:52:24 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: jimbo909

An idea I quite like the sound of is the return of General Zod. The writers would have to figure out a way for him to survive and get his powers back, maybe the same way Supes does in Superman II. Anyway, the difference would be Lex Luther uses Kryponite to give him power over Zod and force him to do his bidding. This would prevent Lex from being reduced to a secondary villian like he was in Superman II. Just a Thought.

The downside is whenever General Zod is mentioned the actor associated with it is girly man Jude Law

I also hadn't realised the scale of some of the sets in SR until I saw this:
HERE

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to jimbo909)
Post #: 202
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 29/1/2007 9:27:07 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

I also hadn't realised the scale of some of the sets in SR until I saw this:
HERE

Having watched the film again recently, I have to say I was amazed at some of the sets. Not only Lex's yacht but the Daily Planet was fantastic. They really nailed the look and feel of Metropolis.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 203
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 29/1/2007 9:41:20 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

The downside is whenever General Zod is mentioned the actor associated with it is girly man Jude Law

I read somewhere Law turned down the role for Superman Returns, and as he was Singer's only choice for the character, I don't think he will appear in the next film.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 204
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 9:28:36 AM   
jimbo909

Forget Jude Law, I could play Zod! I've been practising in front of mirror.
"I offer you a chance for greatness Jor-El. Take it! Join us!"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 205
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 12:57:55 PM   
lukeyboy

I'd personally like to see The Doomsday story, that would be awesome. There'd be some real good and violent action scenes in that movie. But i think we all know that it'll be Braniac,...should be good as well.

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to Entervoice)
Post #: 206
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 1:21:21 PM   
sanchia

I think the problem with Doomsday is that it would turn most of the film into one big fight and think how effects heavy the film would have to be to sustain that.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 207
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 2:26:57 PM   
lukeyboy

quote:

I think the problem with Doomsday is that it would turn most of the film into one big fight and think how effects heavy the film would have to be to sustain that.

Problem? I think it'd be blinding!

If Singer wants to go all "Wrath of Khan" on it, making it shorter, tighter and more action packed, the Doomsday plot is ideal. Tell the origin story of Doomsday well (with artistic licence), be careful with the effects and you've got a sequel that'll knock your socks off and one that'll probably win over all of the critics of Superman Returns!

One big fight,.....Bring on the pain!!

I feel like i'm Han Solo, your Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi - and we're in that FUCKED UP bar!!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 208
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 2:46:47 PM   
Fluke Skywalker

I think General Zod would be great to see return, and while I like the idea of Doomsday killing off Superman it really would be one 2 hour fight scene.

Personally I'd like to see Zod and his buddies return

(in reply to lukeyboy)
Post #: 209
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 30/1/2007 4:45:25 PM   
councilskivvy

There is one tiny hitch, WB have cut the budget for this Sequel, due to the "poor" performace of Returns! So you can't have a huge 2hour, CGI laden fight film, that'd cost the earth!

"I Lie, I Cheat, I Steal"

Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
Stealing Life, Cheating Death
VIVA LA RAZA!!!

(in reply to Fluke Skywalker)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Superman Returns Sequel Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI