Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 22/3/2012 2:47:05 AM   
Sutty

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-leaked-superman-man-of-steel-poster

Legit? Or full of shit?

I think it's a fugasi. Looks rather naff in so many ways. Would be incredibly disappointed if the poster work for this movie was anything like this!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2041
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 22/3/2012 2:56:10 AM   
Spaldron

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclusive-leaked-superman-man-of-steel-poster

Legit? Or full of shit?

I think it's a fugasi. Looks rather naff in so many ways. Would be incredibly disappointed if the poster work for this movie was anything like this!

Its massively fake, check the date of the article.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts
And I looked and behold, a pale horse
And his name that sat on him was Death
And Hell followed with him.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2042
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 28/3/2012 10:24:50 AM   
spark1

warners wants its day in court over the rights to the character-

http://www.deadline.com/2012/03/warner-bros-wants-rights-fight-with-superman-heirs-decided-in-court/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2043
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 1:35:07 AM   
Spaldron

Warners just released the logo.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1550563072/tt0770828

EDIT: Larger image here.

< Message edited by Spaldron -- 30/3/2012 1:42:24 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2044
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 9:23:20 AM   
pete_traynor

Gritty!

I like the design of the crest. Just hoping they donít go too dark and gritty with this. By cracking a way to make him appeal to modern audiences, I hope itís not just the recent Batman films with Superman stuck in there instead. Donít get me wrong, we need some edge here but I hope theyíve not ramped it up to 11.

Teaser please! Or should that be a teaser for a teaser.... thatís all the rage these days right.

Almost looking forward to the trailer for this on an IMAX screen more than TDKR itself... almost.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2045
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 11:15:31 AM   
Sutty

has a teaser prior to the TDKR movie starting been confirmed?

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 2046
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 11:31:00 AM   
Sutty

completely as expected to be honest. And I don't know whether I'm disappointed or relieved.

Think I'm relieved! As mentioned above they have just "dirtied it up a bit" ala Batman Begins. I would hope that they don't ape the way Batman has been reintergrated in to the mainstream. Personally I think that they should soup up - or is that SUPE up?! - the action a bit, since there is less of a need for psychological profiling as there is for Batman. Superman, while interesting, is not as complicated a character as Bats or Bruce Wayne and has a simpler outlook. So with that in mind they should really crack on with what a alot of people felt was missing from Singers version which was some real crash bang action. Personally I want to see Supermans endurance and resistance tested beyond that of just being "allergic" to Kryptonite. Hopefully this will be the foilm that will bring that...

And yeah, the logo is... okay...

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 2047
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 11:35:28 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spaldron

Warners just released the logo.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1550563072/tt0770828

EDIT: Larger image here.

Good logo.

Concerning the movie itself.Well I've never had a problem with the visual side because thats were Snyder strenghs generaly lye,its just the more important aspect ie story that concerns me.
Nolan being on board is the best news about this movie.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 30/3/2012 11:48:03 AM >

(in reply to Spaldron)
Post #: 2048
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 11:39:07 AM   
The Hooded Man

You don't need to make Superman gritty, just put him in a world that's cynical and grim and he'll stand out even more.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2049
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 11:58:29 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sutty

has a teaser prior to the TDKR movie starting been confirmed?

Not yet but theyíd be absolutely insane not to announce this to the masses attached to TDKR. WB has 2 behemoths this year with which to seriously push Man of Steel. TDKR has a massive bow on it for MoS, pretty much 99% of the target audience is right there. The other 1% will be those weirdoes who donít like Superman . A teaser is a no brainer.

Then you have The Hobbit at Christmas to drop the first theatrical trailer. Over the two films alone that is huge exposure for MoS in 2012.

If they donít do exactly this, then somebody over at WB marketing is not doing their job correctly.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2050
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 12:07:06 PM   
pete_traynor

I feel people can be little too down on Snyder with this film and not give credit where itís due. He is bringing something fundamentally important to MoS.

Sure Nolan is involved with Goyer, so we all have the reassurance of their Batman track record. But Nolan was never the right fit to direct this. Heíd probably agree I should think too. We absolutely needed someone with a serious visual flare for action set pieces and Snyder has that in spades. So while story is hardly his strong point, if the others have nailed that he will create quite the spectacle with this for sure.

I think it could be the perfect marriage of creative forces for a Superman film.

Post #: 2051
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 12:15:21 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

I feel people can be little too down on Snyder with this film and not give credit where itís due. He is bringing something fundamentally important to MoS.

Sure Nolan is involved with Goyer, so we all have the reassurance of their Batman track record. But Nolan was never the right fit to direct this. Heíd probably agree I should think too. We absolutely needed someone with a serious visual flare for action set pieces and Snyder has that in spades. So while story is hardly his strong point, if the others have nailed that he will create quite the spectacle with this for sure.

I think it could be the perfect marriage of creative forces for a Superman film.

We'll wait and see.

Post #: 2052
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 12:30:48 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

We'll wait and see.

What can I tell you... Iím an optimist

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 2053
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 3:10:56 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

What, lots of slo-mo?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

Post #: 2054
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 3:20:39 PM   
Titanm21

Snyder doing visuals and Nolan producing, whatís not to like...

Of course it'll be silly to Praise/Condemn the film until I've seen it. Hopefully the trailer will hit soon enough.

Also I'm loving the costume and think maybe I will watch a truly good Superman film (not been a fan of whatís gone before)

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 2055
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 30/3/2012 4:04:56 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

What, lots of slo-mo?

Touche!

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 2056
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 1/4/2012 8:22:10 PM   
Diggler

Not a Snyder fan but as Nolan is involved my hopes are high.

"Hey Ron, I'm riding a furry tractor"

Post #: 2057
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 2/4/2012 7:23:11 PM   
sanctumest

Snyder has made two films which have brought something of the source material to the screen. 300 might not be to everyones taste, but it does reflect Frank Millers style well (I personally like millers stories, but not his style of telling), and with Watchmen he was always going to struggle. But Nolan could have walked away from this. The fact he has stayed with the project says to me that he can see something worthwhile in the script and in the director.

I'm no great fan of Supermans' depictions in film since S2, but I have a good feeling about this one. Supes is too sweet in film, lets see some sour! To err is human...

(in reply to Diggler)
Post #: 2058
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 11/4/2012 1:45:07 PM   
spark1

young clark speaks -

http://www.clevvertv.com/interviews/33302/exclusive-dylan-sprayberry-talks-glee-man-of-steel.html

grittier superman this time?

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2059
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 11/4/2012 2:00:46 PM   
Russ Whitfield

What the Hooded Man said...

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2060
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 11/4/2012 4:18:43 PM   
The Hooded Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

young clark speaks -

http://www.clevvertv.com/interviews/33302/exclusive-dylan-sprayberry-talks-glee-man-of-steel.html

grittier superman this time?

You have to wonder about that interview. It mentions more than once that this is the first time that a different actor to the adult Superman has played a young Clark Kent in a film.

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2061
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 11/4/2012 5:05:17 PM   
Sutty

Did they not see Superman Returns? Or Donners Superman?

(in reply to The Hooded Man)
Post #: 2062
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 18/4/2012 1:12:00 PM   
spark1

more on the superman copyright court case-

http://www.deadline.com/2012/04/superman-copyright-case-warner-bros-marc-toberoff-appeals-court/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 2063
RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 - 12/5/2012 6:57:47 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Sorry if I'm late to the party here but I just had a good look at the new costume and laughed my arse off. It looks fucking terrible.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 2064
MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 8:52:29 AM   
Alistair

This sounds interesting!

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/man-of-steel-scene-descriptions-arrive-online

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift...that's why they call it the present.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 2065
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 10:17:24 AM   
Russ Whitfield

I stopped reading when it said "Seriously, stop reading now."

I don't want my first experience of this to be spoiled: I'm a huge fan of the character (for the record, I loved "Returns") and am apprehensive about this new movie. In the same way that I'd be apprehensive about England playing in the Final of Euro 2012 (though the arrival of a Christ-like alien saviour arriving on earth to help us be a "great people" is more likely). You know, excited, afraid, hoping against hope that it will go well, expecting that it won't...

I hope it all goes well - Zack Snyder is a very strong choice in the sense that the production team must have known that he would divide the Internet Hive Mind. It's a statement of intent ("We're going for stunning visuals"). I think that if Snyder's tendency to over-egg the narrative is tempered by the production team, it could be a great movie.

www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to Alistair)
Post #: 2066
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 11:51:55 AM   
pete_traynor

Wouldnít worry too much. There was nothing of real importance in there. Just brief descriptions of things that if true, will likely be part of the teaser anyway. Nothing to ruin the plot, unless you have done a spectacular job of dodging all information and do not yet know who the villain of the piece is.

Stuff described sounds cool but wholly expected. Nothing jaw dropping described there... might be a different story when seeing it in motion mind! God I hope thatís the case. Resist the urge to go OTT with the slo mo on this Snyder.

This has to be good... nay great, end of story! Our hearts simply canít take another cinematic Superman disappointment. Such a thing would break our hearts in two... thatís science!

Hopefully, the fact that this project and its script were started but Christopher Nolan and Co will mean there is nothing to fear on the story front. And Zachís visually can be pretty astounding at times. So, if weíre looking at a perfect marriage of a really good idea/script and stunning visuals/set pieces... this could be a Superman movie that truly delivers on all fronts!

If itís crossable... cross it people and hope that that is what transpires next year!

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 17/5/2012 12:01:21 PM >

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2067
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 12:19:50 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Thus salved (thanks Pete), I went on and read the thing! Ok, I've entered the "officially excited" phase!

www.i-spimovie.com/

Post #: 2068
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 12:28:18 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Russ Whitfield

Thus salved (thanks Pete), I went on and read the thing! Ok, I've entered the "officially excited" phase!

Now we just need that inevitable teaser on TDKR to drive us into fevered anticipation!

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 2069
RE: MAN OF STEEL - 17/5/2012 12:42:52 PM   
Spaldron

My only concern in that SPOILER is Michael Shannon's CGI enhanced physique. I don't think Zod needs to be super pumped up to be menacing, just look at Terrance Stamp.

Post #: 2070
Page:   <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Snyder / Nolan Superman 2013 Page: <<   < prev  67 68 [69] 70 71   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI