Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 15/11/2006 4:40:59 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Yes. Singer should take some double handling whilst making Superman: kinda like Nolan writing The Dark Knight whilst finishing The Prestige or even more famously Spielberg shooting Schindler's List whilst finishing Jurassic Park.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 151
RE: Future Superman Films - 15/11/2006 11:13:21 PM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

Or Stephen Kings Apt Pupil.

Of course I mean Stephen King. Why on Earth would I want another King Kong film after the total shitfest that was Jackson's?

I have no idea what made me think about Kong  - Stephen King does write some very gripping books and some of his films do take you to the edge of your seat  - one cn fall off........I only nearly did

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 152
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/12/2006 9:03:26 PM   
Mason Verger

Beware of rehash threads and stick with the original.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 153
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2006 4:33:26 PM   
Timon

I agree. Down with that pretender of a 'Superman Returns Sequel' thread.

Beware false prophets and all that.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 154
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/12/2006 9:24:34 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

I agree. Down with that pretender of a 'Superman Returns Sequel' thread.

I don't understand why it wasn't locked as soon as it started.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 155
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 6:52:53 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Silas

i grew up watching and loving the christpher reeve superman movies.i was really looking forward to superman returns because bryan singer,apart from being a really talented filmmaker has always gushed about how much he loved the character.
sadly,i think he dropped the ball on this one.the film was so slow moving  and drawn out,not enough action,and christ almighty that kid was annoying! mr singer,if you want to make up for the pile of shit this was you need to do these few things..
1:get rid of the annoying kid.
2:recast lois lane with rachel mcadams.failing that,buy kate bosworth a few hamburgers so she wont look so anorexic!
3:get superman to fight a really REALLY powerful villain like darkseid or doomsday.
4:a lot more action this time please.
5:enough with the christ metaphors.
6:try not to make it a zillion hours long ok?
7:have i mentioned you must get rid of the irritating kid?
8:get a decent screenwriter to pen the script.the dialogue in returns was just awful and the attempts at comedy fell flat on their face.
9:dont have superman wheeled into the er.its just silly.
10:and finally,have i mentioned you must get rid of the annoying kid?

Or just recast the kid?

As Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman 2; they could have Chris Rock as a young Richard Pryor.

< Message edited by Mason Verger -- 24/12/2006 1:50:22 PM >

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 156
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 8:22:16 PM   
Hobbes79

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

i grew up watching and loving the christpher reeve superman movies.i was really looking forward to superman returns because bryan singer,apart from being a really talented filmmaker has always gushed about how much he loved the character.
sadly,i think he dropped the ball on this one.the film was so slow moving  and drawn out,not enough action,and christ almighty that kid was annoying! mr singer,if you want to make up for the pile of shit this was you need to do these few things..
He's part of the cast now, and part of the movie storyline. He's going nowhere.
2:recast lois lane with rachel mcadams.failing that,buy kate bosworth a few hamburgers so she wont look so anorexic!
Same with Kate I imagine.
3:get superman to fight a really REALLY powerful villain like darkseid or doomsday.
Singer has already said that he's going to go all "Wrath of Khan" with a second movie
See above
He's falling from space with his arms outstretched. It's only a Christ metaphor if you wish to see it as such.
So a very good movie was a little too long. Better that than a very good movie being too shrt/
Hmm.....
8:get a decent screenwriter to pen the script.the dialogue in returns was just awful and the attempts at comedy fell flat on their face.
In YOUR opinion.
Why is it silly? It's the panic'd response from the human population who are trying to save their greatest hero. Would you rather they had just sat around and not even bothered to try?
I believe so.

Or just recast the kid?

As Superman Returns was a sequel to Superman 2; they could have Chris Rock as a young Richard Pryor.
this last comment has seriously damaged my calm.

Post #: 157
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 9:13:54 PM   
Ryan_D_Bell

Next one ( i hope there is one) could involve a sensible and involving (maybe semi-believable) plot along the lines of Kal El bonding with his son ( car crash comatoses Lois & Richard for a while so Jason and his Kryptonian Dad go to Kent Farm to argue, guilt trip, grieve, discover powers and eventually bond before Lois wakes up - maybe throw in Martha Kent's death for some emotional weight) whilst at the same time there is some dastardly threat construed from a military interest in New Krypton (the continent with supe's crystals floating in space) with the military using Luthor as an aid to retrieving & using  these crystals, obviously Lex will betray Uncle Sam and the shit hits the fan involving Supes , Lois and Son as essential elements to solve the problem.  Conclusion could involve Supes retrieving his lost crystals and passing on the legacy of the House of El to its latest generation.

I hate all this talk of the next Supervillain like Doomsday or Zod the Return or whatever, it just seems too cheesy.  The threat could be a military weapon or combatant using the crystal technology with the Luthor angle thrown in for good measure.  I always liked the idea of Luthor and Supes teaming up to fight a common enemy - but I hope that the 'wrath of khan' fun doesn't take us into Superman VS Predator territory - DOOMSDAY SUCKS ASS.

Just had my second viewing of S Returms on DVD.  without the initial nostalgia goosebump trip of the cinema - it is a little slow, but still worthy of the legacy.  Well done Mr Singer, and thank you for the lack of giant spiders and killer polar bears.

(in reply to Hobbes79)
Post #: 158
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 9:15:44 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

They could do the recent intelligent incarnation of Doomsday. I agree I want some bonding between Clark and Jason.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to Ryan_D_Bell)
Post #: 159
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 9:43:08 PM   
bozo

the kid thing worked. it was surprising. and poignant and touching.
by the way I haven't read a single Superman comic book, so I'm not prejudiced
And the film was very funny at times - when Louis and Luthor exchange those first lines on the boat - brilliant.
And:
X is dead.
What happened?
He got hit by the piano.

Post #: 160
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 9:58:24 PM   
charliealonso

hahaha that sounds like Xmen 2 - some militant group go berserk! nah

bring on someone/something that will challange Superman physically... no more saving planes and other falling objects, we know how strong he is.

but how strong is he against something that could kill him.... Darkseid or Doomsday!

WE DO NOT NEED LEX LOTHOR IN SUPERMAN: MAN OF STEEL!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.

I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate.

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Time to die.

Post #: 161
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 10:02:06 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

We need Lex Luthor. He knows all about New Krypton. I do agree I want a physical or mental challenge: Brainiac would be the best choice.

(in reply to charliealonso)
Post #: 162
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 10:15:03 PM   
charliealonso

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

We need Lex Luthor. He knows all about New Krypton. I do agree I want a physical or mental challenge: Brainiac would be the best choice.

braniac is cool in my book

maybe have lex as a sub character, but the main villian - but that sounds like superman 2 with General Zod et al.

dunno guys, just want something different, thats all

Time to die.

Post #: 163
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/12/2006 10:48:55 PM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

Or just recast the kid?

Er, hello? I didn't write that post, Mason!

Post #: 164
RE: Future Superman Films - 24/12/2006 1:55:45 PM   
Mason Verger

Oops, I goofed!  Sorry, it's from Darth Silas.

Since Superman Returns is the first of a trilogy, the sequels can be called Superman 2.5 and Superman 2.75

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 165
RE: Future Superman Films - 24/12/2006 3:06:02 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Nah, Superman III and IV deserve to be retconned.

I wonder what other franchises could do with clean-up.

Post #: 166
RE: Future Superman Films - 24/12/2006 8:12:19 PM   
krudler

i actually dont mind the kid,hes one of the least annoying movie children in recent times,in fairness he doesnt do or say much,and he does crush a guy with a piano,which deserves respect!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squidward Hark Bugle

3D moving images are not films, they're holograms, and should be treated as a separate medium of storytelling, or artform.

Post #: 167
RE: Future Superman Films - 24/12/2006 8:14:27 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Yeah, he isn't a brat or self-aware yet. He's only five, give or take. Thing is, I don't have Superboy fears like most of you: Supes will always be in his late 20s/early 30s, so don't expect Jason to age too much.

(in reply to krudler)
Post #: 168
RE: Future Superman Films - 24/12/2006 11:24:26 PM   
charliealonso

quote:

Yeah, he isn't a brat or self-aware yet. He's only five, give or take. Thing is, I don't have Superboy fears like most of you: Supes will always be in his late 20s/early 30s, so don't expect Jason to age too much.

good point

all that can be said, is that Jason has role in future films, why else bring a character that changes the fundimentals (sp?) of Superman. something must happen big time....

either he is kidnapped/killed by future foes and that sends Superman all potty with rage and we see a new side of him or theres a bonding element to him that will probably occur....

Maybe both!? whoooo knows

Time to die.

Post #: 169
RE: Future Superman Films - 27/12/2006 2:48:45 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

My two cents is someone will want to look at a Human-Kryptonian hybrid. Some fans have been suggesting Eradicator for this plot.

Post #: 170
RE: Future Superman Films - 27/12/2006 6:55:27 PM   
Mason Verger

6 - Superman Forever
7 - Superman And Robin
8 - Superman Begins

Post #: 171
RE: Future Superman Films - 27/12/2006 6:56:43 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Superman Birthright would be the best source material should there ever be a retcon.

Post #: 172
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/12/2006 2:11:25 PM   
darth silas

hobbes79,in answer to your question as to why i thought supes being rushed into the er was silly is because they couldnt do anything for him! hes superman for gods sake! one of them even tried to give him an injection and looked surprised when it bounced off! dont they know hes called the man of steel for a reason? in fact if they just left him where he was in that crater he would have recovered,all he needed was sunlight

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 173
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/12/2006 5:16:31 PM   
furrybastard

How the hell are they supposed to know that!? They obviously haven't read the comics or seen the previous films 

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 174
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/12/2006 10:25:32 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

Superman Birthright would be the best source material should there ever be a retcon.

Superman Starts

Post #: 175
RE: Future Superman Films - 30/12/2006 2:42:06 PM   
mrdoom14

It will probaly be entertaining enough.

Last Films I Watched
Tell No One
Hot Fuzz

Post #: 176
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/1/2007 12:14:04 AM  1 votes
charliealonso

quote:

ORIGINAL: mrdoom14

Blockbusters - X men 3 **** Superman Returns ***

are you fuckin kidding me?!

you gave x-men 3 four stars!!?? what basis is this on? Killin cyclops after 5 minutes, making the Prof  xavier and magneto to be a bunch of whimps, killin one and takin away the other's power, bringin a shit sub line of Ice-man/rougue/kitty? havin vinny jones as the juggernaught??

and then givin superman returns three stars

you must be on crack !!!!!!!!

Time to die.

(in reply to mrdoom14)
Post #: 177
RE: Future Superman Films - 8/1/2007 3:47:15 PM   
Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: charliealonso

quote:

you gave x-men 3 four stars!!?? what basis is this on? Killin cyclops after 5 minutes, making the Prof  xavier and magneto to be a bunch of whimps, killin one and takin away the other's power, bringin a shit sub line of Ice-man/rougue/kitty? havin vinny jones as the juggernaught??

Quality rant!

"They offered me a hundred grand. You wanna know something? When I found out I'd get my hands on you, I said I'd do it for nothing."

http://fletchsworldoffilm.wordpress.com/

Post #: 178
RE: Future Superman Films - 8/1/2007 7:13:03 PM   
charliealonso

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

quote:

ORIGINAL: charliealonso

quote:

Quality rant!

cheers man.

funnily enough i did feel better after sayin it.......

*skips along*

Time to die.

(in reply to Biggus)
Post #: 179
RE: Future Superman Films - 8/1/2007 10:07:49 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryan_D_Bell

I hate all this talk of the next Supervillain like Doomsday or Zod the Return or whatever, it just seems too cheesy.  The threat could be a military weapon or combatant using the crystal technology with the Luthor angle thrown in for good measure.  I always liked the idea of Luthor and Supes teaming up to fight a common enemy - but I hope that the 'wrath of khan' fun doesn't take us into Superman VS Predator territory - DOOMSDAY SUCKS ASS.

Bryan Singer had wanted Zod in Superman Returns but only if it was played by Jude Law. 

Singer has made three superheroes movies; it's time to give someone else a chance. The Wachowski brothers would be a good choice. The Matrix films were also religious allegories and (like Superman Returns) were filmed in Australia.

Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI