Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 12:11:19 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

when i came out of the cinema after SR i thought the kid would die in the sequel, and im still counting on that to happen.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 121
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 5:42:11 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

when i came out of the cinema after SR i thought the kid would die in the sequel, and im still counting on that to happen.

I'm not sure if I want this to happen or not.
If it does, it will be a breathtakingly bold move.
But I found the whole superkid idea quite intriguing, so...

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 122
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 5:43:42 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Superman is always in his early 30s, so it's not like we'll be seeing Superboy.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 123
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 8:24:52 PM   
Mr Terrific

If Lex Luthor is not in the sequel, then its doubtful Brainiac will be either, seeing how they work so well together in the comics. And if its going to be an alien who poses a threat to Superman, why not Darkseid? He is much more powerful than Brainiac.

Also recently...He caused some grief to Superman by messing with Supergirl.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid

Bit of a bad boy ain't he?

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 124
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 8:28:42 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Luthor's definitely in the sequel considering his knowledge of Jason and Spacey is signed on too. I think Braniac as a character would be interested too in this discovery.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 125
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 8:33:37 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

Luthor's definitely in the sequel considering his knowledge of Jason and Spacey is signed on too.

Damn!

Post #: 126
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 9:14:03 PM   
Mr Terrific

Even if Spacey is in the sequel, I don't think he'll be in it for long. I believe that the sequel will have one single villian that Superman has to contend with. I think Spacey will be in the sequel for some sort of continuity. At the moment the sequel, does'nt have a script and Singer has a vague notion of where he wants to take the movie. In an interview on IGN he said he wanted the sequel to be very "Wrath of Khan"..."Scary".

At the moment the studio wants a "DC universe villian" to be the main bad guy. Who that is we can only guess....it's interesting that they did'nt say a well known Superman villian.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 127
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/11/2006 9:28:34 PM   
sanchia

Perhaps it'll be Mongol.  He isn't particularly well known.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 128
RE: Future Superman Films - 6/11/2006 4:11:15 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Ah, For the Man Who Has Everything, minus Bats and Wondie. But I'm still hoping for Brainiac.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 129
RE: Future Superman Films - 10/11/2006 5:22:43 PM   
BatFan

2 reports

1st: The rumoured title for the next film is Superman: The man of steel
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/745/745173p1.html

2nd: A bit off topic but apparently, Fox have offered Singer X -Men 4, but he doesn't think he can do a big film before the next supes film. He is however intrested in the Wolverine prequel.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=4891

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

Post #: 130
RE: Future Superman Films - 10/11/2006 5:24:51 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Man of Steel eh? I'm unsure how it'll link in with a particular theme.

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 131
RE: Future Superman Films - 10/11/2006 7:36:53 PM   
furrybastard

Singer offered X-Men 4!? Not sure if I'd believe that but if it were true, I doubt he'd go back since the franchise has been well and truly fucked by X3, unravelling all the thematic and character threads from the previous two films and undermining both the depth and intelligence the franchise hinted at and explored to a certain extent. All the things accomplished in the first two films have been well and truly destroyed by Fox's awful and spiteful handling of the third film.

A Singer Wolverine film could be cool though. Personally I think he needs to make a smaller project after/before the Superman sequel and try to get out of the comic book area and back into genre/dramatic films like The Usual Suspects and Apt Pupil.

As for the title I think they might 'do' a Batman and call it The Man Of Steel (no prefix?) which I would personally go for.

Apparently SR was Warner Brothers' most successful and profitable movie this year. They really need to sort out their marketing department though: sometimes less is indeed more but not when the less is, well, nothing. They fucked up the marketing for both Batman and Superman now; The Dark Knight should provide a little breathing room in 2007 for them to overhaul their PR people.

Post #: 132
RE: Future Superman Films - 10/11/2006 7:42:06 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Singer would disagree with you there, I heard he enjoyed X3. On another matter, Singer's always discussed a smaller film similiar to Usual Suspects, but I think it's when he's tired: he's a big sci-fi fan as it is.

I'd be curious if the film was called the Man of Steel, but I'd rather something more to the point. The Dark Knight defines Batman's character, Man of Steel less so for Superman: I prefer the nickname Man of Tomorrow myself. But it'd work fine in a it's the film that counts kind of way.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 133
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 11/11/2006 12:15:45 AM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: doa1984

a second film must be certain by now.

In the second one i think it should develop his relationship with his son and lois, how will he cope with his son being raised by another man.

id like some kind of super  powered foe so that sups can have a good ole fist fight ( maby metallo )

Well the first one usually sets the scenes and introduces the characters and then some action.  In the event of a sequel it is usually better than the first but with Superman I think it is a tight line because I am not sure that the public in general want or need Superman and are looking at the favourites of today and new possibilities

(in reply to doa1984)
Post #: 134
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/11/2006 1:12:32 AM   
Dirty Hartigan

quote:

On another matter, Singer's always discussed a smaller film similiar to Usual Suspects, but I think it's when he's tired: he's a big sci-fi fan as it is.

I'm sure he'll turn his attention to smaller films at some point. Spielberg's love of science fiction never prevented him from exploring different avenues. In the recent episode of Imagine on BBC1, it was kind of a surprise to be reminded that Singer won Sundance back in '93; his career path has gone in a really different direction to his peers!

Post #: 135
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/11/2006 9:40:57 AM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Singer was always hoping for the blessed opportunity. Usual Suspects feels like a fantasy horror in my book. Either way, he'll start shooting in late 2007 so it's not a very big chance.

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 136
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/11/2006 9:59:37 AM   
Tech_Noir

I'll watch the sequel.... on DVD.

Post #: 137
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/11/2006 10:06:56 AM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Superman films are made for cinema boy.

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 138
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/11/2006 2:43:49 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

Singer would disagree with you there, I heard he enjoyed X3.

He said he thought Ratner, a friend of his, did a good job with it. The interviews I've read with him which ask him the question often result in a rather short, careful answer where he hardly comments on the actual film itself. It's accepted practice in Hollywood that a director doesn't talk shit about another director in the press.

Post #: 139
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/11/2006 1:13:25 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Hmm who knows. The average rating for X3 is 7/10 anyway. It was hardly Quest for Peace.

Post #: 140
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/11/2006 2:49:47 PM   
sanchia

quote:

Hmm who knows. The average rating for X3 is 7/10 anyway. It was hardly Quest for Peace.

Same score as SR in fact.  The main problem was it was rushed and left it a bit of an unpolished mess.  There was potential but not enough time to truly tap it, that can be attributed to the studio more than director. 

On a personal note I hope that the sequel is a bit brighter with some of the dark edges evident in this film removed.  Brainiac does have a lot of potential depending on the approach they take to him (supercomputer robot or body shifting alien genius).  I wouldn't want a villain who was purely physicality but there does not to be the same sense of peril in a purely cereberal threat.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 12/11/2006 2:54:24 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 141
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/11/2006 2:51:47 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

SR was quite light IMO. You can have danger without darkness like the first two Spider-Mans.

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 142
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/11/2006 4:06:20 PM   
darth silas

quote:

ORIGINAL: furrybastard

Singer offered X-Men 4!? Not sure if I'd believe that but if it were true, I doubt he'd go back since the franchise has been well and truly fucked by X3, unravelling all the thematic and character threads from the previous two films and undermining both the depth and intelligence the franchise hinted at and explored to a certain extent. All the things accomplished in the first two films have been well and truly destroyed by Fox's awful and spiteful handling of the third film.

A Singer Wolverine film could be cool though. Personally I think he needs to make a smaller project after/before the Superman sequel and try to get out of the comic book area and back into genre/dramatic films like The Usual Suspects and Apt Pupil.

As for the title I think they might 'do' a Batman and call it The Man Of Steel (no prefix?) which I would personally go for.

Apparently SR was Warner Brothers' most successful and profitable movie this year. They really need to sort out their marketing department though: sometimes less is indeed more but not when the less is, well, nothing. They fucked up the marketing for both Batman and Superman now; The Dark Knight should provide a little breathing room in 2007 for them to overhaul their PR people.

i loved x3.not quite as good as x2 but it was better than x1imo.the score by john powell was the best in the series.as a big fan of superman i was very,very disappointed by sr.i have hopes for the sequel though as i like the idea of singer going all''wrath of khan''on it.kill that bloody kid character though!

Star Wars:Episodes 1,2,3,4,5,6.Taken together they are one giant movie and it is the greatest movie EVER.

Post #: 143
RE: Future Superman Films - 12/11/2006 7:20:27 PM   
bozo

I on the other hand hope that the SR sequel will be darker than SR. More twisty. And the villain should be a physical threat, which doesn't necessarily mean an imbecile, but... hey... that could be fun. But then the villain has to be really powerful.

(in reply to darth silas)
Post #: 144
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/11/2006 10:54:01 PM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirty Hartigan

quote:

On another matter, Singer's always discussed a smaller film similiar to Usual Suspects, but I think it's when he's tired: he's a big sci-fi fan as it is.

I'm sure he'll turn his attention to smaller films at some point. Spielberg's love of science fiction never prevented him from exploring different avenues. In the recent episode of Imagine on BBC1, it was kind of a surprise to be reminded that Singer won Sundance back in '93; his career path has gone in a really different direction to his peers!

I think there is still better things to come from Bryan Singer but I do not think it is with Superman.   Might be very interesting if he was involved in the Wolverine spin off or go into a completely different direction altogether - what do you think ?

(in reply to Dirty Hartigan)
Post #: 145
RE: Future Superman Films - 13/11/2006 11:35:06 PM   
bozo

He should make another King adaptation. Or a crime saga. Or a psychological thriller.

(in reply to Anne Hedley)
Post #: 146
RE: Future Superman Films - 14/11/2006 10:55:07 PM   
Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: bozo

He should make another King adaptation. Or a crime saga. Or a psychological thriller.

Well it looks as though we have the thought that a different direction would be good but when you refer to King I assume you mean King Kong and if you do where on earth would that go..............

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 147
RE: Future Superman Films - 14/11/2006 11:02:12 PM   
Mason Verger

Or Stephen Kings Apt Pupil.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

Post #: 148
RE: Future Superman Films - 14/11/2006 11:50:48 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

Or Stephen Kings Apt Pupil.

Of course I mean Stephen King. Why on Earth would I want another King Kong film after the total shitfest that was Jackson's?

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 149
RE: Future Superman Films - 14/11/2006 11:52:15 PM   
bozo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Anne Hedley

quote:

ORIGINAL: bozo

Well it looks as though we have the thought that a different direction would be good but when you refer to King I assume you mean King Kong and if you do where on earth would that go..............

As I said before, I hope he soon gets over the comic book phase and gets down to some serious crime saga action.

Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI