Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Future Superman Films

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Future Superman Films - 22/7/2006 12:04:45 PM   
Mr Terrific

Ok I'll go with you guys...now. There were three different attempts to bring Brainiac into a Superman film.....Namely Superman III as Gus Gorman! (A disguise of course!) Also another time in Tim Burtons attempt. The guy also turns up in  Smallville episodes...(James Masters)....So yeah...strong possiibilty he might turn up in the sequal.

..."lost like tears in the rain....."

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

http://www.dccomics.com/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/mr_terrific

(in reply to doctorolorinbats1975)
Post #: 31
RE: Future Superman Films - 22/7/2006 12:09:24 PM   
doctorolorinbats1975

Yeah, I'm unsure of the comics origin, but I definitely know Braniac as the Kryptonian "internet" from TAS.

CG, stop motion, acting, animation, animatronics, whatever, it's 24 lies a second...

Critiquing words for dummies: Pretentious, overrated, sentimental, indulgent, populist.

(in reply to Mr Terrific)
Post #: 32
RE: Future Superman Films - 22/7/2006 12:22:01 PM   
Timon

Latest from Singer about the sequel(s) from Comic Con courtesy of Aintitcool.com

- Sequels... He wanted to have something nailed down with WB before the Con so he could answer this question. He said that the deal is not concluded, but his intention is to do a sequel to release in 2009.
- He intends to "get Wrath of Khan" in the sequel. He feels now that he's reintroduced the characters and have given people an emotional attachment to them that he can up the action without making it all "fireworks." He wants to really run Supes through the ringer, give him a giant obstacle. He mentioned WRATH OF KHAN more than once.
- Fan asked about Brainiac. At this point Donner had joined him. Singer said, "Can't say." But later mentioned Superman having an "alien" problem in the next one. He also said he wanted to wait to see what Donner is doing with Brainiac. At another panel, Donner told the room that he was writing Action Comics stories with Geoff Johns, his former assistant and now fan favorite DC writer. At this panel Donner said he loved Brainiac. So, expect to see him show up somewhere.
- This quote, when confronted by an agitated fan about the romance being so central to the movie. He expounded upon what he mentioned about about having an emotional attachment to the characters and said, "There'll be plenty of crazy, scary sci-fi shit in the next one."
- Writers returning? Singer: "I hope so."

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

Post #: 33
RE: Future Superman Films - 22/7/2006 12:24:41 PM   
Mr Terrific

"There'll be plenty of crazy, scary sci-fi shit in the next one."

Like the sound of that....good to hear!

"He claims he is a man. And one of the things about being a man is getting knocked on your ass and learning from it."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 34
RE: Future Superman Films - 23/7/2006 12:28:19 AM   
repo man

www.superdickery.com  

a goldmine of potential sequel material

Post #: 35
RE: Superman Returns Sequel - 25/7/2006 9:14:43 PM   
Sutty

undoubtably there will be a sequel or two and with singer at the helm they will only improve. With regards to villians i think i read that spacey is gonna play a part in the sequels, but lets hope it would be more superman 2 than superman 4 in terms of quality. I would also like to see Superman get personal/enraged/mega pissed in a future installment. Maybe Luthor will target the boy now he suspects his origin, or maybe Doomsday will make an appearance (goodbye to keeping the budget below 150 million though!)
I do feel that the next villian would have to at least be supermans equal, at least. And i'm sure that Singer is more than capable of bringing in an entirely new and original bad guy/gal if necassary.

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 36
The last time Singer went all "Wrath of Khan"... - 25/7/2006 11:00:31 PM   
FilmNerdJamie

...we got X2: X-Men United. So I can't wait for Superman VI!

As for the budget: WB probably saved the sets from Superman Returns for future use in the sequel(s); same thing they did last year with Batman Begins. So that should lower costs, plus the cast is already signed up. So it's the CGI that'll drive Superman VI's budget.

My guess is the "alien villain" will be an original creation by Singer, Dougherty & Harris; along with Luthor. Braniac is a fine choice, but I don't see it happening and bringing back Zod is too expected...and kinda desperate...

I just can't see WB all-together killing the Superman sequel considering it's OK box-office numbers; they're not Spider-Man or Pirates numbers, but the film is certainly no flop! A $180 million+ gross isn't anything to bitch about; enough to surely warrant a (lower budget) sequel...

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 37
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/7/2006 12:06:00 AM   
Mason Verger

Some things that could make Superman 6 better than Superman Returns (not difficult).

1. An engaging plot
2. No more Luthor! 4 films is more than enough.
3. Originality.
4. A villain as powerful or more powerful than Superman
5. No kryptonite
6. At least three really good action sequences 
7. A belief that superhero films should be fun and escapist rather than pompous and humourless.
8. A change of director.

Mind like parachute - only function when open.

Be excellent to each other.

Post #: 38
RE: Future Superman Films - 28/7/2006 3:00:23 PM   
Darth Lex

Agree. Maybe a villain from Krypton even more powerful than
Superman is...

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men...

(in reply to Mason Verger)
Post #: 39
RE: Future Superman Films - 1/8/2006 4:10:35 PM   
BatFan

Now that the next Batman film is called The Dark Knight.What do you think the chances are that they will call the next Superman film, Superman: The Man Of Steel

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

(in reply to Darth Lex)
Post #: 40
RE: Future Superman Films - 1/8/2006 10:19:39 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

Now that the next Batman film is called The Dark Knight.What do you think the chances are that they will call the next Superman film, Superman: The Man Of Steel

not too sure on that since we have had spiderman, spiderman 2. xmen, 2, 3 (las stand).

batman was always one to break the mould, returns, forever, robin. and hulk 2 will too.

so i dont think superman sequel will be called Man of Steel, but it will be intersting to see if its named initially,

Superman VI or Superman II

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 41
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/8/2006 12:39:55 PM   
MADMAT76

i'm a fan of the earlier movies ( even the pryor one,well i was a kid at the time it came out)
i enjoyed the new movie but don't know anything of the origin of the story- is it based on the comics? if so is the story of his kid in them? i was shocked to see this in the film and it opened up new possibilities for the character development but still unsure whether i like the idea! i thought he was the sole survivor of krypton!? (apart from his cousin of course, super girl!)

maybe in the new movie his kid is dying due to the mixture of genes in his body, if supes loses his kid he could get all 'medieval' on the bad guys.that could make it more entertaining, maybe have another movie with a bad-ass superman!!

i like the idea of a true villian on a par with superman not the lame lex- like spidey with virus and sandman!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 42
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/8/2006 2:51:34 PM   
Mr Terrific

I agree Superman must have his abilities put to the test. So far on Earth the only threat to him has been Kryptonite. He needs to fight someone with powers equal to his own. Not only will this be very entertaining, but this would allow for character development.

So far he has been living a very charmed life on Earth...he is the most powerful being on Earth and yet nobody seems to fear him.

It would be an excellent development if he was to lose his cool and go all out in a battle against an enemy as strong as himself and also face government opposition. The arrival of a being rivaling Superman's powers would also put paid the Lois earlier arguement, that the World doees'nt need Superman.

The more I think of it...the more I feel that Singer should make an original enemy for Superman....

(in reply to MADMAT76)
Post #: 43
RE: Future Superman Films - 3/8/2006 3:19:57 PM   
BatFan

Singer doesn't need to make an original enemy for the next one (Please god, buddha, ghandi, whoever let there be one!!) Superman already has some other enemies than Lex Luthor. My top candidates for the next villian in the next film are:
1.Brainiac (although he is more of a cerebral enemy than a physical one)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_%28comics%29
2.Doomsday (Now if you want something physical, here is something physical, this guy actually 'killed' Superman)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doomsday_%28comics%29
3.Darkseid (This guy is a intergalactic dictator, think Saddam but without the dodgy tasche, he is smart, ruthless, and strong)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkseid

P.S. MADMAT76: The kid is not in the comics, he is something completley new (which is one of the reasons all the mental fanboys are bitching about the film)

"You are in hell, little man! And I am the devil!"
"You're not the devil. You're practice"

Post #: 44
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/8/2006 12:21:59 AM   
Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

It was basically pure brawn that killed Supes. Indeed, he is merely a weapon to destroy Supes: a catalyst rather than an antagonist.

I kind of understood that it was Superman's love for the people he protects that ultimately killed him. He realises that the only way to eliminate Doomsday is to use up all his power with one final hit.

This would definitely ROCK as a big-screen adaptation but there are lots of holes....

• The Justice League turn up- to do this obviously they need their own film to introduce the characters...it's pretty essential that they are in the story. Part of Doomsday's exposition is the fact that he takes them all on together and completely wipes the floor with them.
  • Where do you go after killing Supes..? Jump straight to the alternate Supermen that arrive...?
  • ....lots more...

Lobo anyone?

[image]http://www.marvel.de/artbilder/66802623.png[/image]

Ramblings of a musician, telly addict, and tech-head...

www.twitter.com/MarkSaysThis

XBOX Live Gamertag: Roost N Roll

Post #: 45
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/8/2006 10:36:32 AM   
doa1984

They cant kill superman.
I mean in returns he has just come back, so what will they call the net one? Superman returns again?

I agree doomsday would be cool, maby have him but have superman live at the end?
Ya know after the killer blow superman pulls himself up?

(in reply to Marky_Mark)
Post #: 46
RE: Future Superman Films - 4/8/2006 10:16:55 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: BatFan

How about
Superman 6: We're Sorry About The Last One

(in reply to BatFan)
Post #: 47
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/8/2006 4:43:22 PM   
eD yzarC

its Superman 4... Einstein

and it should be called Superman:The last Son of Krypton and i agree it should have Braniac and Darkseid and then finally leave the best till last :Doomsday in Superman 5

Post #: 48
RE: Future Superman Films - 5/8/2006 6:24:31 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: eD yzarC

its Superman 4... Einstein

and it should be called Superman:The last Son of Krypton and i agree it should have Braniac and Darkseid and then finally leave the best till last :Doomsday in Superman 5

Wrong!
Superman Returns may ignore 3 and 4 but it's still Superman 5, otherwise you would have two Superman 3's! Halloween H20 ignores parts 3-6 but is still also known as Halloween 7.

(in reply to eD yzarC)
Post #: 49
RE: Future Superman Films - 9/8/2006 7:42:52 PM   
Mr Frank

call it THE LAST SON OF KRYPTON bring back zod and brainiac a luthor and have them all kick the crap out of eachother 

Post #: 50
RE: Future Superman Films - 9/8/2006 10:58:00 PM   
fantasy89

Are we forgetting superman's son? that little boy? wat is impact will be on the next films? is e going to be the next superman or somthing? or is it too obvious??

I'm not me, I'm you!

(in reply to Mr Frank)
Post #: 51
RE: Future Superman Films - 10/8/2006 11:14:02 PM   
Mason Verger

Singer plans to direct Superman Returns sequel:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=77788

However, plans for more Superman movies were put on hold because the current one "only" brought in $150 domestically in its opening weeks (the film-makers had probably hoped it would be on par with Spider-Man's $200m-plus).

(in reply to fantasy89)
Post #: 52
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/8/2006 3:43:46 PM   
Mr Frank

peaple have also forgotten there is a little version of krypton orbiting the earth

Post #: 53
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/8/2006 5:07:57 PM   
acquired_taste

I watched Superman Returns for the first time last night, and there was a bit (near the end) where Jimmy's starts working again after the massive Kryton-crystal-type-thing power failure. The first thing he does is take a picture of Clark, then about fifteen minutes later he takes a close up picture of Superman. I was absolutely sure that this would develop into Jimmy realising they were the same person, or at least, someone else seeing the photos. So I think there should be a trailer just to rectify that, cos its been bugging me all night.

Did anyone else notice that , or was it just me?

< Message edited by acquired_taste -- 11/8/2006 5:11:47 PM >

(in reply to Mr Frank)
Post #: 54
RE: Future Superman Films - 11/8/2006 5:34:01 PM   
furrybastard

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

However, plans for more Superman movies were put on hold because the current one "only" brought in $150 domestically in its opening weeks (the film-makers had probably hoped it would be on par with Spider-Man's $200m-plus).

Hm, it's made $190 domestically and $150 internationally. Singer has said it made its money back (at least the money he spent on the film, I imagine he's excluding the money spent on devloping the film over the last decade). Merchandising deals were rather profitable I think. I also believe it will do well on DVD.

Post #: 55
RE: Future Superman Films - 15/8/2006 10:23:06 PM   
impqueen

Reports that Superman Returns will NOT be getting a sequel due to "poor” box-office; personally I find this disappointing as I thought Superman Returns was the only decent and enjoyable film of the summer (why oh why are people paying to see POTC2!!!?).

It's even more depressing when Hollywood has decided to produce pointless sequels to Die Hard, Rambo and Rocky.

< Message edited by impqueen -- 15/8/2006 10:25:01 PM >

Yes, always.

(in reply to furrybastard)
Post #: 56
RE: Future Superman Films - 16/8/2006 5:59:26 PM   
Mr Frank

im sure it will happen. it should do well on dvd and pay per view

(in reply to impqueen)
Post #: 57
RE: Future Superman Films - 17/8/2006 3:16:08 PM   
sanchia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mason Verger

Some things that could make Superman 6 better than Superman Returns (not difficult).

1. An engaging plot
2. No more Luthor! 4 films is more than enough.
3. Originality.
4. A villain as powerful or more powerful than Superman
5. No kryptonite
6. At least three really good action sequences 
7. A belief that superhero films should be fun and escapist rather than pompous and humourless.
8. A change of director.

I agree totally, apart from the director as part of the disappointment with the current film was that I was expecting so much more from him rather than the turgid soap opera we ended up with..  By the way it's been bugging me for ages what is your freaky avatar Mason?

< Message edited by sanchia -- 17/8/2006 3:26:04 PM >

Nothing to see here.

Post #: 58
RE: Future Superman Films - 17/8/2006 5:00:55 PM   
furrybastard

WRONG! 

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 59
RE: Future Superman Films - 17/8/2006 10:45:38 PM   
Mason Verger

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia
By the way it's been bugging me for ages what is your freaky avatar Mason?

It's a picture of myself (Mason Verger) as portrayed by Gary Oldman in Hannibal!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Future Superman Films Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI