Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Liverpool - 2005/06

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 Page: <<   < prev  505 506 507 508 [509]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 23/1/2014 6:21:42 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc

That would be pretty decent. The only DM we have is Lucas and I really think we could be nastier in the middle (yes even with Suarez in the side). De Jong isn't going to win us the title but he'll do a job in a position we're lacking depth.

And we've been gazumped on another deal, this time Salah. We really need the CL and some money!

Don't worry, you'll be able to get him on loan in 12 months time when he is fed up with warming Chelsea's bench.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15241
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 23/1/2014 6:28:35 PM   
Avfctom

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

That would be pretty decent. The only DM we have is Lucas and I really think we could be nastier in the middle (yes even with Suarez in the side). De Jong isn't going to win us the title but he'll do a job in a position we're lacking depth.

And we've been gazumped on another deal, this time Salah. We really need the CL and some money!

Don't worry, you'll be able to get him on loan in 12 months time when he is fed up with warming Chelsea's bench.

First they lose Betrand to us and now Salah, since brother supports them its funny being able to annoy him and ask him whats the Mata with Liverpool.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 15242
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 29/1/2014 2:18:44 PM   
ElephantBoy

Big statement made by Liverpool last night, to win a derby is one thing, but to do so in such fashion and against a strong Everton is another.

I think it will either be them or Utd now for 4th. Can see Everton dipping a little, and Spurs are still a bit short I think. Still its an interesting race.

(in reply to Avfctom)
Post #: 15243
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 29/1/2014 10:02:04 PM   
Rinc

Fantastic win last night a brilliant performance by our attacking players. We constantly harried their defence and put through dangerous balls and ran into space.

And our defence did a pretty good job considering it's our second string defence. Flanagan is looking very solid and Toure and Skrtel were happy to bat everything away. Gerrard was good too although it might have been the fact it was the the derby that made him focus!

Hopefully we can keep up a gap between us and Spurs and Everton now. If Man City beat Chelsea next week it's possible we'll only be 1 point bhind Chelsea which would be amazing.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 15244
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 1/2/2014 9:08:24 AM   
Lensman 23

Something not right with the whole "transfer committee".
We're identifying some great talents but can't seem to get over the finish line with them. Too much dithering is spent getting the right deal which allows another team (Chelsea and Spurs) to come in and offer more money and a better contract.
The way we offer contracts isnt going to attract players when its on a bonus scheme rather than a flat rate. Ayre's position within this needs to be looked at. Not asking for the sack. But we need a "deal sealer". Someone who knows how to get it done.
Salah
Konoplankya
Sigurdson
Willian
Mikityran
if we had 3 out of 5 - we could have had a brilliant attacking side. Shame.

Twitter: @MrSehdeva
PSN: Lensman23

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15245
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 3/2/2014 1:49:57 PM   
Rinc

Shame about yesterday. Didn't manager to see it but kept up to date and it seemed we were a bit uninspired in the second half - can anyone confirm that?

Shocker from Toure, the kind of thing a manager can't compensate for. Although I saw a stat somewhere that we had made the most mistakes that led to a goal/chance in the PL this season. That is something Rodgers will have to compensate for. We have got our first choice defence out injured but they've been making mistakes themselves.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 15246
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 3/2/2014 4:44:07 PM   
Nezzley

It was very subdued but somewhat understandable as it was pretty much the same line-up playing 3 times in 8 days. Suarez and Sturridge were quiet and the reliance on them two is a worry going into the last 14 games, missing out on Konoplyanka was a blow as I can't see the likes of Moses or Aspas offering anything from the bench for the remainder of the season.

One of those games where it would've been great just to grind out the win but Toure's moment of madness unfortunately put paid to that idea.

"Baby i'm in the jungle of mystery and i've just been tortured by a spinal surgeon and a genuine iraqi, yeh i'm serious!

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15247
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 4/2/2014 3:00:31 PM   
Lensman 23

quote:

Shame about yesterday. Didn't manager to see it but kept up to date and it seemed we were a bit uninspired in the second half - can anyone confirm that?

Shocker from Toure, the kind of thing a manager can't compensate for. Although I saw a stat somewhere that we had made the most mistakes that led to a goal/chance in the PL this season. That is something Rodgers will have to compensate for. We have got our first choice defence out injured but they've been making mistakes themselves.

That's very true. I think there is a slight culture of robotic play from our teams defence. Where it follows a formula instead of an instinct to play with a brain. It does need to be sorted out as we've been at it for years now! time and time again we make mistakes that we get punished for.

First it was the defence - which got sorted. Then it was the defence again. which never got sorted. then it spread to Reina. and now it seems its everyone!

Twitter: @MrSehdeva
PSN: Lensman23

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15248
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 8/2/2014 1:17:16 PM   
Professor Moriarty

First chance I've had to post. This is breath-taking. Arsenal have been absolutely bludgeoned.

(in reply to Lensman 23)
Post #: 15249
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 8/2/2014 4:13:27 PM   
ElephantBoy

Have been very impressed with Liverpool this season and today's result and performance puts them in pole position to finish at in the top four. The question is are they a outside bet for the title? I don't think they are quite that good, but they are only five points off the leaders and there are plenty more points to play for.

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 15250
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 8/2/2014 4:59:57 PM   
Rinc

Great performance and that opening 20mins was breathtaking. We won't win the league because I can't see Chelsea and Man City losing two more games than us but hopefully we can reel Arsenal in.

What's great about this season is the football we're playing. Rodgers has moved away from his possession based approach and instead we're fast and direct with a mixture of passing. Our front three can be incredible although as we saw last week if they're not on it then we can struggle as there's no one else on the bench who can fill in for them.

If I were Roy Hodgson I'd play a front three of Sturridge, Rooney and Sterling if our players continue on this form.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 15251
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 8/2/2014 5:44:37 PM   
Whistler

Buzzing after that result.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15252
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 23/2/2014 2:05:30 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Feels like a lifetime, rather than a couple of years, since Liverpool were hard to watch. Got to be the most reliable banker in the PL for goals now. Does any team start a game coming out faster and harder than Liverpool.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 15253
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 1/3/2014 5:36:49 PM   
Professor Moriarty

Huge game against Liverpool. Arsenal dropping 3 points to Stoke really gives them a great opportunity to keep climbing up the top 4.

Post #: 15254
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 5/3/2014 8:03:22 PM   
Rinc

So what does everyone think about our 50m loss? It takes us well over the 37m permitted by Uefa, especially when added to the 41m lost the previous years. However, there's so many loopholes we might still make it into Europe.

Overall, it doesn't appear too healthy a picture although a lot of our debt is to FSG and we don't pay any interest on it. It also looks like our wages might be cheaper for 13-14 and we spent less on players in Summer 13 than we did the previous year.

We've just got to hope we finish a lot higher and get into the CL (and are allowed in!).

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:

Post #: 15255
RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 - 5/3/2014 8:44:55 PM   
superdan

quote:

So what does everyone think about our 50m loss? It takes us well over the 37m permitted by Uefa, especially when added to the 41m lost the previous years. However, there's so many loopholes we might still make it into Europe.

Overall, it doesn't appear too healthy a picture although a lot of our debt is to FSG and we don't pay any interest on it. It also looks like our wages might be cheaper for 13-14 and we spent less on players in Summer 13 than we did the previous year.

We've just got to hope we finish a lot higher and get into the CL (and are allowed in!).

Aside from the fact that it is a 50m loss (which with the FSG behind you isn't the end of the world) I wouldn't worry too much, I suspect trying to enforce FFP is likely to be like herding cats. I read the other day that nearly 80 clubs are in no position to comply at the moment, many of them some of the biggest clubs in Europe. There is no way they're going to throw the book at the likes of Liverpool, PSG, Man City, Real Madrid etc (never mind the likes of Anzi and Zenit) - it would cripple their own income and that of course is the only thing that really matters to them. Which pretty much makes the whole thing a bit of a pointless exercise really, at least for the time being.

(in reply to Rinc)
Post #: 15256
Page:   <<   < prev  505 506 507 508 [509]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Grandstand >> RE: Liverpool - 2005/06 Page: <<   < prev  505 506 507 508 [509]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI