Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  923 924 [925] 926 927   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 21/7/2013 9:06:54 PM   
Mister Coe

I think that Bad News were far funnier than Spinal Tap.

And the first Bad News show came out a year earlier than THIS IS SPINAL TAP...

Say what now?

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 27721
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 12:58:17 PM   
Rgirvan44

Anyone mind giving reasons why they think Skyfall is one of the worst in a movie series that has Die Another Day in it?

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 27722
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 1:06:51 PM   
Deviation

BOND LOOKS LIKE A THUG HE HAS MUMMY ISSUES BERENICE MARLOHE IS ONLY IN IT FOR 10 MINUTES THISISNOTBOND

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27723
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 1:26:44 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Anyone mind giving reasons why they think Skyfall is one of the worst in a movie series that has Die Another Day in it?

And posting one of those shit 'honest trailers' doesn't count.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27724
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 1:28:54 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmoIDKqfY44&feature=share&list=TLhtT2NzivVE8

And that doesnt even include the awful scene where Bond cracks a joke when the woman he slept with a few hours earlier is brutally murdered in front of him.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27725
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 1:30:27 PM   
matty_b

Amazing. Perfect timing.

quote:

Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 27726
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 1:34:04 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

BOND LOOKS LIKE A THUG HE HAS MUMMY ISSUES BERENICE MARLOHE IS ONLY IN IT FOR 10 MINUTES THISISNOTBOND

As pointed out above though Craig may look like a thug but Connery and Moore are far more guilty of acting like thugs.

I agree about the family history though, Bond is probably the worst "secret agent" in history but it was nice that there was still some mystery about his past (that is if anyone actually cared about his past in the first place).

I also agree that Marlohe was wasted, but despite the other problems I have with the film saying it is one of the worst in the series is ridiculous.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 27727
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 3:03:13 PM   
Deviation

I was being facetious there, I don't think that and I think the family angle is rather touching and works beautifully. Marlohe's use is interesting, and I like how tragic the character ends up being at the end and how unorthodox she is used in a Bond movie.

Also, well done Cool Breeze, you're better then satire.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 27728
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 5:39:42 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

And that doesnt even include the awful scene where Bond cracks a joke when the woman he slept with a few hours earlier is brutally murdered in front of him.

Going by this logic you have to admit Star Trek and The Dark Knight Rises (two films you seem to love) are flaw riddled pieces of shit.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Post #: 27729
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 5:57:09 PM   
Oroborous

Right, time to lay down some unpopularity... if anyone happens to agree with all of these I'll be both shocked and elated...
(I apologise that most of these are negative, but what can you do...)

-Vertigo is both underwhelming and dissatisfying
-Goodfellas is far from being a masterpiece, and I found it solid but forgettable. I can't even remember what happens in it. It's about a brand of pizza or something, right?
-Hugo is a genuinely poor film; awkwardly made with a feeble narrative, it is unengaging and a very weak effort from Scorsese, I find it difficult to imagine anyone, child or adult, really enjoying this film.
-Pulp Fiction is very good, but it left no impact on me and I'd not feel I'd missed out if I didn't watch it again. In fact I quite preffered both Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds.
-Django Unchained was sort of dull, but I may change my mind if I rewatch it.
-Tarantino in general; he makes entertaining films but I'd not call them masterpieces.
-Jurassic Park is a not a good film, infact, now I'm adult, nostalgia isn't enough to mask its lack of quality, craftmanship or any engaging elements beyond the dinosaur effects, and watching it now I feel insulted and enraged.
-Spielberg in general doesn't seem to be all he's cracked up to be, War Horse was a complete mess.
-Superman 2 (the theatrical one) is an ill-conceived travesty.
-Superman Returns is possibly a better film than Superman 2.
-The best bits of Man of Steel were the action and destruction, everything else leading up to that was awkward and dull (and I'm not usually one who favours action over drama)
-Batman and Superman together in a film is a bad idea.
-Spider-Man 3 is only good because of the dance number.
-The Amazing Spiderman is worthless.
-Kenneth Branagh did a terrible job with Thor.
-Tim Burton's Batman films are an embarassment. The production design and the music are great, but they are just poor, poor films. Jack Nicholson's Joker is possibly the most useless, lame rendition of the character I've ever seen. These films are not much better than the Joel Schumacher films, in fact I'd rather watch the latter because atleast they're funny.
-Tim Burton in general - he is one of the most derivative directors around, every film of his relies on the gimmick of a stagnant visual style (that became tired out the second time he used it) to mask his lack of skill or genuine imagination. His films aren't 'odd' or 'weird', they are just awkward and superficial, and they are about as dark as the surface of the sun.
-Up is far from one of Pixar's best films, so too is Monsters Inc.
-Pixar isn't the pinnacle of animation, but neither is anyone else, yet. I think it's still got a long way to go.
-Despicable Me is criminally overrated, it's got absolutely nothing going for it, seriously, why does anyone care for this film?
-The first Hangover film was not very funny (I haven't seen the sequels, but I assume they don't improve)
-The Descent is about as scary as an episode of Goosebumps
-Aliens is a dull film.

I think that will do for now. I may think of more.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 27730
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:15:01 PM   
Rgirvan44

You forget to say how Lord of the Rings is overrated, the Godfather is boring and Citzean Kane is not very enjoyable. Go for the AAA knockout!

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27731
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:20:35 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oroborous

Pixar isn't the pinnacle of animation, but neither is anyone else, yet. I think it's still got a long way to go.

Don Hertzfeldt and Hayao Miyazaki say otherwise.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27732
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:20:41 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

Yeah, because it's so unlike Bond to be cavalier and callous about other people in the face of adversity.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 27733
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:31:29 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

Ummmmm.....he does that to pretend he doesn't give a shit. He isn't letting emotion get the better of him, he can't crack in front of the bad guys, come on!

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

Post #: 27734
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:44:54 PM   
Oroborous

quote:

You forget to say how Lord of the Rings is overrated, the Godfather is boring and Citzean Kane is not very enjoyable. Go for the AAA knockout!

No, I didn't forget anything of the sort, for this I wholeheartedly disagree with.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27735
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 6:46:04 PM   
Oroborous

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

Pixar isn't the pinnacle of animation, but neither is anyone else, yet. I think it's still got a long way to go.

I admit my education in that area is lacking.

(in reply to garvielloken)
Post #: 27736
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 7:09:21 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

Yeah, because it's so unlike Bond to be cavalier and callous about other people in the face of adversity.

He is pretty consistent when it comes to women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWfObq2cFk

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 27737
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 7:13:04 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Bond cracked a flippant joke after somebody dies?

Holy cunting fuckery he's never done that before! OMG Skyfall really is the worst!

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 27738
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 7:19:28 PM   
garvielloken

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: garvielloken

quote:

I admit my education in that area is lacking.

You should check out Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro (Miyazaki) and It's Such a Beautiful Day (Hertzfeldt). Jan Svankmajer is a director also worth investigating and I'd recommend The Man Who Planted Trees by Frédéric Back as it is one of the finest pieces of animation I've ever seen.

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27739
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 7:39:47 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

Holy cunting fuckery he's never done that before! OMG Skyfall really is the worst!

I'd been reading through this thread in Sean Connery's voice, and this sounded epic in my head

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 27740
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 8:12:44 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

I was being facetious there, I don't think that and I think the family angle is rather touching and works beautifully. Marlohe's use is interesting, and I like how tragic the character ends up being at the end and how unorthodox she is used in a Bond movie.

Also, well done Cool Breeze, you're better then satire.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 27741
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 8:45:33 PM   
Dr Lenera

quote:

Right, time to lay down some unpopularity... if anyone happens to agree with all of these I'll be both shocked and elated...

-Goodfellas is far from being a masterpiece, and I found it solid but forgettable. I can't even remember what happens in it. It's about a brand of pizza or something, right?
-Hugo is a genuinely poor film; awkwardly made with a feeble narrative, it is unengaging and a very weak effort from Scorsese, I find it difficult to imagine anyone, child or adult, really enjoying this film.
-Pulp Fiction is very good, but it left no impact on me and I'd not feel I'd missed out if I didn't watch it again. In fact I quite preffered both Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds.
-Tarantino in general; he makes entertaining films but I'd not call them masterpieces.
-Jurassic Park is a not a good film, infact, now I'm adult, nostalgia isn't enough to mask its lack of quality, craftmanship or any engaging elements beyond the dinosaur effects, and watching it now I feel insulted and enraged.
-Spielberg in general doesn't seem to be all he's cracked up to be, War Horse was a complete mess.
-The best bits of Man of Steel were the action and destruction, everything else leading up to that was awkward and dull (and I'm not usually one who favours action over drama)
-Tim Burton's Batman films are an embarassment. The production design and the music are great, but they are just poor, poor films. Jack Nicholson's Joker is possibly the most useless, lame rendition of the character I've ever seen. These films are not much better than the Joel Schumacher films, in fact I'd rather watch the latter because atleast they're funny.
-Tim Burton in general - he is one of the most derivative directors around, every film of his relies on the gimmick of a stagnant visual style (that became tired out the second time he used it) to mask his lack of skill or genuine imagination. His films aren't 'odd' or 'weird', they are just awkward and superficial, and they are about as dark as the surface of the sun.
-Pixar isn't the pinnacle of animation, but neither is anyone else, yet. I think it's still got a long way to go.
-Despicable Me is criminally overrated, it's got absolutely nothing going for it, seriously, why does anyone care for this film?
-The first Hangover film was not very funny (I haven't seen the sequels, but I assume they don't improve)
-Aliens is a dull film.

I think I disagree with most of this, though I partially agree with the ones I've highlighted. But only partially. The only one I entirely agree with is 'The Amazing Spiderman is worthless'. A really pointless remake. And I would everything in Man Of Steel is awkward and dull!

< Message edited by Dr Lenera -- 22/7/2013 8:46:52 PM >

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27742
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 8:48:19 PM   
Mr Gittes

Despite it being infinitely inferior to the book and about as faithful as a slutty wife who sucks off the whole block...I genuinely enjoyed The Running Man.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 27743
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 9:42:24 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

Despite it being infinitely inferior to the book and about as faithful as a slutty wife who sucks off the whole block...I genuinely enjoyed The Running Man.

Oh Christ, I posted a dispariging remark abour THE RUNNING MAN a few months back...

Say what now?

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 27744
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/7/2013 11:06:07 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

Oh Christ, I posted a dispariging remark abour THE RUNNING MAN a few months back...

As long as it wasn't about the book, you're okay

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 27745
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 23/7/2013 10:00:22 AM   
snaze1

quote:

-Goodfellas is far from being a masterpiece, and I found it solid but forgettable. I can't even remember what happens in it. It's about a brand of pizza or something, right?-Hugo is a genuinely poor film; awkwardly made with a feeble narrative, it is unengaging and a very weak effort from Scorsese, I find it difficult to imagine anyone, child or adult, really enjoying this film.
-Pulp Fiction is very good, but it left no impact on me and I'd not feel I'd missed out if I didn't watch it again. In fact I quite preffered both Kill Bill and Inglorious Basterds. -Django Unchained was sort of dull, but I may change my mind if I rewatch it.
-Jurassic Park is a not a good film, infact, now I'm adult, nostalgia isn't enough to mask its lack of quality, craftmanship or any engaging elements beyond the dinosaur effects, and watching it now I feel insulted and enraged.-Spielberg in general doesn't seem to be all he's cracked up to be, War Horse was a complete mess.
-Aliens is a dull film.

I know the thread is "your unpopular opinion" but......jesus!
Explain how Aliens is dull?
In what way is Goodfellas "forgettable"?

Why dont you just go ahead and say Die Hard is rubbish & you will have the full set!

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27746
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 23/7/2013 11:37:10 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

I'd been reading through this thread in Sean Connery's voice, and this sounded epic in my head

Bonds one liners are usually saved for when he despatches his ENEMIES.Not for innocent women he slept with a few hours earlier.

( And just to add, i only saw Monstercats post there because someone quoted her )

In fairness i will say that they did show Craigs Bond actually show concern for a fellow agents well being at the start of Skyfall when he tried to save Ronson ( He probably owed him money )

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27747
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 23/7/2013 11:44:58 AM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

He is pretty consistent when it comes to women.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJWfObq2cFk

Ah the good old days!

However in that video Bond is never seen to be cavalier about an innocent womans death.Most of it is Bond bringing out the rough stuff to the villains wummen to get information that he wants and the bits where he slaps the women in the arse, well lots of women like that!

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 27748
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 23/7/2013 11:46:12 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

-Aliens is a dull film.

While I completely appreciate that you have gone to a lot of effort and clearly getting everything out in one go!

How do you enjoy any films? ever?

You win the Internet and 100 'unpopular opinion' points for your fantastic load of bollocks! god bless you!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Oroborous)
Post #: 27749
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 23/7/2013 12:09:52 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

However in that video Bond is never seen to be cavalier about an innocent womans death.Most of it is Bond bringing out the rough stuff to the villains wummen to get information that he wants and the bits where he slaps the women in the arse, well lots of women like that!

Do "wummen" also like it when a man can't take no for an answer, and do "wummen" like it when a man tricks them into sleeping with him?

Here's what makes me laugh about your argument against Daniel Craig: you complain that he's too violent and doesn't have the requisite levels of charm and suaveness, and yet you look at Rog as if his iteration of Bond is the shining example of gentlemanly behaviour.

This means you either conveniently overlook the dodgy things Rog did in some of his films, or you don't see a problem with these things and you're an emotionally stunted man child.

Now I'm not saying that you're inherently wrong for disliking Craig, but your argument is basically predicated on very shaky ground.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 23/7/2013 12:16:19 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

Post #: 27750
Page:   <<   < prev  923 924 [925] 926 927   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  923 924 [925] 926 927   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI