Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  909 910 [911] 912 913   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 12/4/2013 3:30:51 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Explain how his performances in Collateral, Tropic Thunder, Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Rock Of Ages, Mission Impossible, Last Samurai, Knight & Day, Lions For Lambs and Minority Report are similar.

They're all shit.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 27301
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 12/4/2013 8:06:54 AM   
Rebel scum

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

Explain how his performances in Collateral, Tropic Thunder, Valkyrie, War of the Worlds, Rock Of Ages, Mission Impossible, Last Samurai, Knight & Day, Lions For Lambs and Minority Report are similar.

They're all shit.

I take issue with the one in bold. The others are fair enough.

"We are not safe! A dark menace rises to the east! Duckies go quack! Cows go moo! I want ice cream. Verily, will you two hobbits join my quest?"

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 27302
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 12/4/2013 3:39:45 PM   
will1000

Wow...I didn't know there were so many Cruise defenders on this forum. To be fair I had forgotten about Valkyre and Collateral. Those were great films in fact i wish he made more films like that so I didn't feel this way about him, but he doesn't so I do and my unpopular opinion remains. And if I have to point out that I stated my original case about HIS LEAD ROLES one more time I'm going to cry! He actually brings something to supporting roles. It's like he cuts loose because he doesn't have to carry the film.

(in reply to Rebel scum)
Post #: 27303
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 12/4/2013 7:03:26 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: will1000

Wow...I didn't know there were so many Cruise defenders on this forum. To be fair I had forgotten about Valkyre and Collateral. Those were great films in fact i wish he made more films like that so I didn't feel this way about him, but he doesn't so I do and my unpopular opinion remains. And if I have to point out that I stated my original case about HIS LEAD ROLES one more time I'm going to cry! He actually brings something to supporting roles. It's like he cuts loose because he doesn't have to carry the film.

Why does he need defending? He's not Martin Lawrence or some other talentless puppet. The Cruiser has a CV filled with stellar performances since his early days of the 80's. That's four decades of cinema.
He's proved his range by doing every genre and has worked with some of the greatest filmmakers in those eras.
Basically, just cause he's a weirdo and pretty boy doesn't mean he's shit.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 27304
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 12/4/2013 9:09:35 PM   
thedrin

quote:

The problem may be on your end, I'm afraid. If your that conscious of the guy's public image, it might be difficult to see past it to the character he plays. The film may have been terribly bland, but I had no problem seeing him as a character unique from his previous performances.

I would like to see him expand on the type of rolls that he plays. He does ... what .. 2 big budget productions a year? Why not do a something small and outside the norm every year as well.

I would have loved to see him play Ozymandias in Watchmen. That's a role where he could have played on his fame and celebrity (for the most part), a larger than life action hero, celebrity, millionaire, philanthropist, media baron.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 27305
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 13/4/2013 10:24:12 AM   
will1000

I wish I hadn't said anything. I'm just going to observe this thread from a far.

(in reply to thedrin)
Post #: 27306
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 13/4/2013 5:12:32 PM   
musht

quote:

I wish I hadn't said anything. I'm just going to observe this thread from a far.

Well, that was an unpopular opinion

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 27307
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 14/4/2013 4:40:32 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

Wow...I didn't know there were so many Cruise defenders on this forum.

The irony is of course that most people on this forum aren't Cruise fans particularly - it's just that you used the laziest criticism of him imaginable.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to will1000)
Post #: 27308
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 12:07:29 AM   
Hood_Man

He does have the same nose in all his films though. Except possibly for Vanilla Sky and Tropic Thunder.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 27309
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 7:17:21 AM   
sanchia

I tend to think he has a tendency to be a lazy actor in term of not picking roles which will stretch him, although this was primarily before his Queen song incident (I'm going slightly mad). He has since that time tried a bit harder in his roles although I don't think it would take too much for him to start going back to generic Tom Cruise films.

< Message edited by sanchia -- 15/4/2013 7:18:59 AM >

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27310
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 12:29:58 PM   
musht

If Tom Cruise weren't an actor he'd be a star of extreme sports. I respect him for picking roles which allows him to do the stuff he loves whilst also making some cracking entertainment. His recent trend in action/entertainment movies rather than films that stretch his acting chops is probably some sort of midlife crisis.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 27311
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 12:44:17 PM   
AxlReznor

Tom Cruise the person I have no time for.
However, Tom Cruise the movie star makes some extremely enjoyable movies. Doesn't really matter to me if all I see is Tom Cruise. Although it would be nice if he took more roles that required him to act. The Last Samurai and Collateral are both films from the last decade that shows that he is capable of a lot more. The Last Samurai is probably one of his most under-rated films... the scenes with him and Ken Watanabe are great.

Also, other actors may do their own stunts, but I'm pretty sure Cruise did his before this was common-place. And I'm pretty sure none of them have done things like climb the tallest building in the world (with wires, but that still takes serious balls). Most just do a crash-course in kung fu.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 27312
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 1:00:02 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Tom Cruise the person I have no time for.
However, Tom Cruise the movie star makes some extremely enjoyable movies. Doesn't really matter to me if all I see is Tom Cruise. Although it would be nice if he took more roles that required him to act. The Last Samurai and Collateral are both films from the last decade that shows that he is capable of a lot more. The Last Samurai is probably one of his most under-rated films... the scenes with him and Ken Watanabe are great.

Also, other actors may do their own stunts, but I'm pretty sure Cruise did his before this was common-place. And I'm pretty sure none of them have done things like climb the tallest building in the world (with wires, but that still takes serious balls). Most just do a crash-course in kung fu.

I'm in so much awe of him for that. I didn't quite appreciate just how high it was until I went up it last year, and promptly crapped my pants just looking out - and that was only half way. Imagine being up twice this height!

Anyone who climbs on the outside the Burj Khalifa, regardless of how big or strong the harness, has balls of titanium.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 27313
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 3:32:16 PM   
Titanm21

I watched Evil Dead 2 for the first time last night... I hated it

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 27314
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 4:52:10 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Think I will join in on this one. I saw 1 and 2 fairly recently. 1 was quite ok as an old school horror, and that last closing scene is honestly one of my favourites. It really raised my heart rate. Loved the effects too. The second was just dull, relentless and pointless. I didnt get what it was trying to achieve, and the whole ending was just too wtf for me to even bother with the 3rd.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 27315
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 5:08:13 PM   
Whistler

I don't worship Evil Dead 2 like many, but I do think it's loads of fun. The first will always be the best, though.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 27316
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 8:00:19 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: kumar

quote:

Think I will join in on this one. I saw 1 and 2 fairly recently. 1 was quite ok as an old school horror, and that last closing scene is honestly one of my favourites. It really raised my heart rate. Loved the effects too. The second was just dull, relentless and pointless. I didnt get what it was trying to achieve, and the whole ending was just too wtf for me to even bother with the 3rd.

I would give ARMY OF DARKNESS a chance... it's an out and out comedy / piss-take with some brilliant lines, and Mr Campbell is awesome in it.

Say what now?

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 27317
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 8:15:11 PM   
Cool Breeze

Tom Cruise would have made a better Tony Stark/Iron Man than Robert Downey Junior.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 27318
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 15/4/2013 8:39:30 PM   
UTB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

I don't worship Evil Dead 2 like many, but I do think it's loads of fun. The first will always be the best, though.

Agree on both points.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 27319
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 8:17:43 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Tom Cruise would have made a better Tony Stark/Iron Man than Robert Downey Junior.

Wait you cant'... *Remembers what Thread we're in

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 27320
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 8:32:56 AM   
NCC1701A

quote:

Not really I fan of the first Evil Dead film but Evil Dead 2 is a great Film what Did you not Like ? if I may ask?.
But the best of the series is Army of Darkness it's an awesome film.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 27321
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 3:42:51 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Agreed. that is all

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 27322
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 4:06:45 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Man is it just me or have the MTV Movie Awards been getting worse & worse every year since the great Black/Geller one way back when?
This years was a particular new low with Rebel Wilson? in charge of proceedings.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 27323
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 9:39:00 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Man is it just me or have the MTV Movie Awards been getting worse & worse every year since the great Black/Geller one way back when?
This years was a particular new low with Rebel Wilson? in charge of proceedings.

I have to say, Emma Watson is a 'trailblazer'?

Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice and unpretentious girl (after being massively famous since she was 12, she should be bordering on insane!) but she ain't exactly Scorsese in the 70's...

Say what now?

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 27324
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 16/4/2013 11:06:56 PM   
Dave Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

I have to say, Emma Watson is a 'trailblazer'?

Don't get me wrong, she seems like a nice and unpretentious girl (after being massively famous since she was 12, she should be bordering on insane!) but she ain't exactly Scorsese in the 70's...

She did create S.P.E.W. which is a great achievement, and a worthy cause.

Oh wait, that was Hermione (and wasn't included in the movies as a sub-plot). Silly me.

< Message edited by Dave Oz -- 16/4/2013 11:07:39 PM >

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 27325
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/4/2013 8:45:15 AM   
Titanm21

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

Not really I fan of the first Evil Dead film but Evil Dead 2 is a great Film what Did you not Like ? if I may ask?.
But the best of the series is Army of Darkness it's an awesome film.

I just found it to be boring as sin and just lacking in any entertainment for me. Maybe I'm watching it at the wromg time in my life to appricate it. Like if i saw it in my teens I may have liked it more.

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 27326
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/4/2013 8:37:44 PM   
cooperman2

Cruise is still a great movie star but stopped being a great movie actor after Jerry Maguire. Think about it, all Cruise's best performances are over 15 years old. Rain Man, Color of Money, Born on the Fourth of July. The worst move of his career was to start producing product just for him to star in rather than just being an actor for hire. Hopefully as he ages he will start to search out more varied roles and mature as an actor. I still believe he has it in him to give some more fine performances in years to come. Loved Oblivion BTW.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 27327
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 18/4/2013 9:59:21 AM   
Discodez

After much consideration I've come to the conclusion that Red Dragon is better than Manhunter.

(in reply to cooperman2)
Post #: 27328
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 18/4/2013 11:51:07 AM   
Dannybohy

I just watched Poltergeist on Netflix!. Still great!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 27329
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 18/4/2013 12:08:38 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I just watched Poltergeist on Netflix!. Still great!

How is that unpopular it has always been great !

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 27330
Page:   <<   < prev  909 910 [911] 912 913   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  909 910 [911] 912 913   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI