Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  906 907 [908] 909 910   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 21/3/2013 8:49:01 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: FilmMaster

The Maltese Falcon is not as good of a noir film as it is made out to be. A 7.5/10 from me.

Thats a shame because I was looking forward to The Maltese Falcon debate, instead of all this Alien drivel, sadly have never seen it so can't add my thoughts

(in reply to FilmMaster)
Post #: 27211
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 21/3/2013 10:28:02 PM   
FilmMaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

The Maltese Falcon is not as good of a noir film as it is made out to be. A 7.5/10 from me.

Thats a shame because I was looking forward to The Maltese Falcon debate, instead of all this Alien drivel, sadly have never seen it so can't add my thoughts

Check it out it is a good film and you may end up liking it a lot.

Cinema is my life, my aspiration and my dream.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 27212
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/3/2013 10:25:57 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

Check it out it is a good film and you may end up liking it a lot.

The Maltese Falcon is a fantastic film and alongside The Treasure of the Sierra Madre pretty much kickstarted my current Bogart obsession. Personally I'd say Key Largo is probably a better Huston/Bogart collaboration (as is The African Queen) but it's a film I'd heartily recommend to anyone.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to FilmMaster)
Post #: 27213
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/3/2013 11:22:55 AM   
TheMovieBlogger

The Harry Potter series bores me
I've never bothered to find the time to watch Lord of The Rings
Pirates of The Caribbean bores me
The American Pie films aren't cheesy, I love them

Then going to the TV side of things - I hate Friends

Hi, I'm Josh!

Check out my website & reviews - http://themovieblogger.com/

I've only just started but some feedback would be great!

(in reply to lbiu)
Post #: 27214
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/3/2013 11:48:13 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheMovieBlogger

I've never bothered to find the time to watch Lord of The Rings

That's not really an opinion, is it?

(in reply to TheMovieBlogger)
Post #: 27215
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 22/3/2013 1:25:16 PM   
TheMovieBlogger

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

True, I guess I should have said I think they're too long

That's the reason I've never bothered to find time for them :)

Hi, I'm Josh!

Check out my website & reviews - http://themovieblogger.com/

I've only just started but some feedback would be great!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 27216
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 24/3/2013 6:58:34 PM   
Hood_Man

I've got an unpopular cinema opinion, get rid of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and hot dogs/nachos/assorted complicated snacks from cinemas!

I've wasted so much of my life waiting in line while some poor, overstretched cinema employee tries to serve a family of four their four portions of cheesy crisps with mustard, ketchup and jalapeņos, their four slush puppies, and their four portions of Ben and Jerry's with 3 different flavours, 2 toppings and saucy centres, while I'm standing there for twenty minutes with my cineworld card at the ready, hoping that I can get into the next screening before the film starts!

Whatever happened to just having popcorn and a choc ice?

[EDIT]

I should add, before I get accused by someone of just being "Oh, he's just posting something he claims to be unpopular, just so he can attention from lots of people saying 'Oh I agree' etc,'" the real target of mine is Ben & Jerry's, which is a damn popular brand and I genuinely expect to get some abuse.

We'll wait and see I guess

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 24/3/2013 7:38:19 PM >

Post #: 27217
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 24/3/2013 7:22:43 PM   
Whistler

Amen to that.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27218
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 24/3/2013 7:57:14 PM   
fairyprincess

I can't go to the flick without my chunky monkey!!!

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 27219
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 24/3/2013 8:02:16 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I've got an unpopular cinema opinion, get rid of Ben and Jerry's ice cream and hot dogs/nachos/assorted complicated snacks from cinemas!

I've wasted so much of my life waiting in line while some poor, overstretched cinema employee tries to serve a family of four their four portions of cheesy crisps with mustard, ketchup and jalapeņos, their four slush puppies, and their four portions of Ben and Jerry's with 3 different flavours, 2 toppings and saucy centres, while I'm standing there for twenty minutes with my cineworld card at the ready, hoping that I can get into the next screening before the film starts!

[EDIT]

I should add, before I get accused by someone of just being "Oh, he's just posting something he claims to be unpopular, just so he can attention from lots of people saying 'Oh I agree' etc,'" the real target of mine is Ben & Jerry's, which is a damn popular brand and I genuinely expect to get some abuse.

Totally agree with this.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 24/3/2013 8:11:17 PM >

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27220
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 24/3/2013 10:15:01 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

[EDIT]

Totally agree with this.

Absolutely agree with this. Cineworld in Dublin have a great system where you buy your movie ticket and then they have a completely separate counter for snacks and drink etc. and I usually try and get that stuff outside the cinema for much cheaper. But even if I do decide to get snacks you still have the problem of stupid people going up to the counter when they haven't decided what they want yet or not having their money ready

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 27221
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 25/3/2013 4:03:06 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

quote:

[EDIT]

Totally agree with this.

Absolutely agree with this. Cineworld in Dublin have a great system where you buy your movie ticket and then they have a completely separate counter for snacks and drink etc. and I usually try and get that stuff outside the cinema for much cheaper. But even if I do decide to get snacks you still have the problem of stupid people going up to the counter when they haven't decided what they want yet or not having their money ready

The two Cineworlds that I use (Wakefield and Sheffield) also have this system. Occasionally, the ticket desk is closed (on slow days and some evenings) and you have to get your tickets from the ice-cream counter, but usually they're separate. I usually take my own snacks to the cinema because of the price (though I get 25% off with my Unlimited Premium card) though sometimes I'll grab a hotdog while I'm there if I've missed lunch. On one hand, I'm glad they do more than just sweets, but on the other I wish they didn't sell such potentially noisy food- such as nachos.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 27222
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 8:23:36 AM   
thedrin

quote:

ORIGINAL: musht

quote:

quote:

[EDIT]

Totally agree with this.

They also have a separate counter for ice cream.

Which is why people ordering Ben and Jerry's doesn't bother me. But nachos?

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 27223
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 10:19:05 AM   
elab49

quote:

Ban all food. Noisy and smelly. It's not your front room.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27224
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 10:42:07 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

^this
One of the reasons I dont go to my local Cinema anymore.The other reason is because I'm lazy.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27225
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 1:36:14 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Also not an opinion really

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

Post #: 27226
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 7:14:25 PM   
snaze1

With you all the way.
Anyone eating crisps or any noisy food should be taken outside and executed.
Unless they are also using a mobile phone in which case they should be tortured and then executed

< Message edited by snaze1 -- 26/3/2013 7:15:12 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27227
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 9:32:03 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

Also not an opinion really

If you haven't seen them... it's not really much of anything is it. THE movie blogger you say?

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 27228
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 9:39:47 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

However, you can take your shoes off to make yourself more comfortable.

Or I can anyway

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 27229
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 26/3/2013 9:42:10 PM   
Mister Coe

I'm sure someone posted this before, but why don't people eat BEFORE they get to the cinema?

'Oh, I knew I was going to see a film but now I'm here, I've suddenly realised that I need to eat!'

I don't mind some sweets or a bit of ice-cream, much less a big Coke or something, but a big stinky hotdog or big loud crunchy nachoes smothered in radioactive cheese?

My personal peeve... popcorn breath. I'm not a fan of the stuff myself. But when you've got a big crowd all munching on that crap and you're in the middle of a very long film (as films are wont to be nowadays), by the second hour, you've got this horrible smell around the cinema, this stink of second-hand butter and stale breath.

IMO, anyway. Anyone else?

Say what now?

(in reply to snaze1)
Post #: 27230
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 27/3/2013 1:54:42 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

I'm sure someone posted this before, but why don't people eat BEFORE they get to the cinema?

'Oh, I knew I was going to see a film but now I'm here, I've suddenly realised that I need to eat!'

I don't mind some sweets or a bit of ice-cream, much less a big Coke or something, but a big stinky hotdog or big loud crunchy nachoes smothered in radioactive cheese?

My personal peeve... popcorn breath. I'm not a fan of the stuff myself. But when you've got a big crowd all munching on that crap and you're in the middle of a very long film (as films are wont to be nowadays), by the second hour, you've got this horrible smell around the cinema, this stink of second-hand butter and stale breath.

Agreed with you on all of this.I never buy food at the cinema as its so bloody expensive and so why do that when you can just eat at home before going to the cinema?

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 27231
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 28/3/2013 9:54:30 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mister Coe

Don't agree actually, it is all part of the cinema going tradition, not the end of the world if you don't, but as long as the person doesn't make too much noise I don't see the problem with it.

Agreed with you on all of this.I never buy food at the cinema as its so bloody expensive and so why do that when you can just eat at home before going to the cinema?

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 27232
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 28/3/2013 10:09:53 AM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or I can anyway

Hell yeah, I do that all the time
My first was with The Da Vinci Code, because I was so sure I'd nod off that I thought I may as well make myself comfortable. It used to be a little embarrassing leaving to go to the bathroom and walking through the lobby with just socks on my feet, but as a good man once said "Really, how often do you look at a man's shoes?"

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 27233
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 28/3/2013 2:20:31 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or I can anyway

My first was with The Da Vinci Code, because I was so sure I'd nod off that I thought I may as well make myself comfortable. It used to be a little embarrassing leaving to go to the bathroom and walking through the lobby with just socks on my feet, but as a good man once said "Really, how often do you look at a man's shoes?"

A good man also said: "Man who goes to public bathroom without his shoes ends up with soggy socks"

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 27234
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 28/3/2013 2:28:30 PM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr Gittes

quote:

quote:

quote:

Or I can anyway

A good man also said: "Man who goes to public bathroom without his shoes ends up with soggy socks"

You, sir, have made my day. Well, so far, anyway.

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 27235
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/4/2013 5:55:19 PM   
Dave Oz

I don't like Finding Nemo. In fact I hate it.

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 27236
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/4/2013 6:01:12 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

Sorry,I just find it amusing that someone could hate finding nemo.
Explain,out curiosity.

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 27237
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/4/2013 6:06:20 PM   
Dave Oz

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

Sorry,I just find it amusing that someone could hate finding nemo.
Explain,out curiosity.

'Hate' is hyperbolic, I apologise for that. I don't like Finding Nemo. It annoys me. Most movies based around large expanses of water aren't my cup of tea. But there was something about Finding Nemo that rubbed me up the wrong way. I didn't click with it all. I reckon Pixar's Cars is probably a few notches above Finding Nemo in my personal estimation.

Post #: 27238
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/4/2013 6:07:28 PM   
Whistler

I too am curious about that one. Sure, it doesn't have to be your favourite movie or anything, but it's so innocent and inoffensive that I don't know how it could bother anyone enough to hate it.

Post #: 27239
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/4/2013 6:11:23 PM   
Dave Oz

Like I said 'hate' was probably too strong a word.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 27240
Page:   <<   < prev  906 907 [908] 909 910   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  906 907 [908] 909 910   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI