Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  893 894 [895] 896 897   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:10:04 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

Fuck you, you fascist.

Reported, bitch.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 26821
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:10:40 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

It's nice to be welcomed so warmly, Mr. 'Darth'! Though with a moniker like yours, I hope there aren't any celebrities posting here - I don't want to start any 'Star Wars'!

RM

I played James Bond from 1973 to 1985. Some people think I was in the role for a few years Moore than I should have been!

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 26822
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:14:30 PM   
MonsterCat

Rog, while you're here, Boat Trip. What the fuck, man?

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Sir Roger Moore)
Post #: 26823
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:14:38 PM   
elab49

Can I just say Sir Rog that one of the most fun things I saw this year was your outtake at the end of Cannonball Run. A true class act 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

Post #: 26824
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:24:41 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

'Monstercat': I still don't know why, to be perfectly honest. I must have been 'tripping' when I accepted that part, that's for sure!

RM

I played James Bond from 1973 to 1985. Some people think I was in the role for a few years Moore than I should have been!

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 26825
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 10:30:21 PM   
Sir Roger Moore

'elab49': Thank you for your kind words. I still think that movie is 'comedy Gold(farb)'!

RM

< Message edited by Sir Roger Moore -- 29/12/2012 10:31:33 PM >

Post #: 26826
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 11:03:00 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Judge

I'm not overly keen on Hans Zimmer. I find his work unpleasantly distracting most of the time, although his work on Gladiator was excellent.

Even this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs

(in reply to Judge)
Post #: 26827
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 11:08:01 PM   
MonsterCat

I've long since deleted my copy of Zimmer's TDKR soundtrack from my iTunes. It's not even music, it's more like a series of BANGS! and THUMPS! and THWAAAAAAAMPS! and HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONKS!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26828
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 29/12/2012 11:17:39 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Judge

I'm not overly keen on Hans Zimmer. I find his work unpleasantly distracting most of the time, although his work on Gladiator was excellent.

Even this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imamcajBEJs

How about this?

http://youtu.be/6ab1l2TwFp8

It's amazing how different his late 80's/early 90's work is to what he does these days. I've been listening to a few of his tracks from The Power of One, Rain Man... Going for Gold (Click) ... etc, he sounds very different to what he does today, but still somewhat similar.

< Message edited by Hood_Man -- 29/12/2012 11:18:40 PM >

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26829
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 1:18:52 AM   
Pigeon Army

Zimmer's score for Rango is pretty aces.

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The Avengers - mediocrity defined. Looks like a TV show with expensive effects. Way too overlong (the aircraft carrier scene in the middle goes on for an interminable amount of time) with far too many uninteresting machinations for such a simple story - this is an alien invasion film where the invasion doesn't bloody start until act three. Roland Emmerich wouldn't pull this shit. Action scenes lack any amount of imagination or energy. Characters rely completely on you having seen their own films (yes that is a valid criticism) and are otherwise less than paper thin. I liked Captain America and Thor in their respective films but they are thinner than a centimeter line here, while Iron Man is still a dick but with added unfunny Whedonism.

The only time the film became remotely interesting was when it was brought up that Nick Fury might be more more sinister than he seems - a geniunely intriguing twist that is waved away as quickly as it is introduced.

One laugh. And two good moments towards the end.

2/5

You people are idiots.

Were it not for your classic sign-off, I would have totally agreed with you. The Avengers is not good.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rinc
She's supposed to be 13! I'd want her to be very attractive though

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat
quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army
Stop being mean to Deviation

No.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 26830
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 2:54:19 AM   
Deviation

Dudes, his soundtrack for The Thin Red Line is absolutely incredible.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 26831
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 4:42:08 AM   
rawlinson

I wonder if Cool Breeze will report Roger Moore to the mods and how much it'll kill him inside if he does.

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 26832
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 10:07:49 AM   
MonsterCat

Let's just hope that Rog calls him a fascist or mis-quotes him so we can see how that struggle plays out.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 26833
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 10:50:26 AM   
fairyprincess

Howard the Duck has a certain 'charm'...,

Matter of life& death, spirited away, Little mermaid, carry on camping, Amelie, Ed wood, Hairspray(2007), Casablanca, an affair to remember, phantom of the opera (2005)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26834
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 11:20:07 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: fairyprincess

Howard the Duck has a certain 'charm'...,

Nothing wrong with that. I heartily agree.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to fairyprincess)
Post #: 26835
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 11:30:29 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pigeon Army

Zimmer's score for Rango is pretty aces.

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

The Avengers - mediocrity defined. Looks like a TV show with expensive effects. Way too overlong (the aircraft carrier scene in the middle goes on for an interminable amount of time) with far too many uninteresting machinations for such a simple story - this is an alien invasion film where the invasion doesn't bloody start until act three. Roland Emmerich wouldn't pull this shit. Action scenes lack any amount of imagination or energy. Characters rely completely on you having seen their own films (yes that is a valid criticism) and are otherwise less than paper thin. I liked Captain America and Thor in their respective films but they are thinner than a centimeter line here, while Iron Man is still a dick but with added unfunny Whedonism.

The only time the film became remotely interesting was when it was brought up that Nick Fury might be more more sinister than he seems - a geniunely intriguing twist that is waved away as quickly as it is introduced.

One laugh. And two good moments towards the end.

2/5

You people are idiots.

Were it not for your classic sign-off, I would have totally agreed with you. The Avengers is not good.

My opinions on Avengers:Assemble have changed somewhat after watching the film again for a second time.
I found the film much longer on second viewing and slightly draining while some of the cinematography was confusing at times,plus by and large the baddies,minor Loki, were pretty lame.
Still, its very "Wham-bam-thank you mam" when the real action gets going and some of the visuals were expertly done/created.

But,overall, I think it is a slightly throw-away type of film (arguably like all of Marvel-Disneys comic adapted films).
I don't think it offers anything on a engaging level other than just moments of pure action.
I cant remember caring much for characters.Had they all died at the end I wouldn't have bat an eyelid.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 30/12/2012 5:52:36 PM >

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 26836
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 11:34:12 AM   
Whistler

I've been trying to reply to a post but it keeps saying "message deleted" or some crap like that, so this is just a test post. BLARGH! (feel free to ignore)

EDIT: Ah, no doubt the one with absolutely no significance posts just fine...

< Message edited by Whistler -- 30/12/2012 11:35:15 AM >

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 26837
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 2:52:24 PM   
horribleives

Funniy enough I just re-watched The Avengers yesterday and while I still enjoyed it for the most part I totally agree about the action sequences - they went on for fucking ever, especially the aircraft bit and the city climax which was no better than the last Transformers film in its lack of tension or genuine threat. Speaking of which, I found Loki a pretty unintimidating baddie too - I always find it amusing when people bring up the fact that he said 'quim' as some kind of evidence of his evil. Really? Since when was that so shocking? As far as I know it's no more evil than calling someone a berk. or a pillock. Still, the Hulk was great, Iron Man was cool and it was smart and funny so I can forgive the odd concesion to generic blockbuster-dom.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26838
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 30/12/2012 5:57:04 PM   
elab49

Was the whole 'quim' thing not just amusement he got it into a mainstream US blockbuster? Given it's a straight proxy for something else. 

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to horribleives)
Post #: 26839
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 10:22:09 AM   
JonnyFave

The only half-decent X-Men film was X-Men 3: The Last Stand. There you go, I SAID IT! ( AND I was a very big fan of the comics as a kid).

(in reply to lbiu)
Post #: 26840
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 11:26:16 AM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnyFave

The only half-decent X-Men film was X-Men 3: The Last Stand. There you go, I SAID IT! ( AND I was a very big fan of the comics as a kid).

The only X-Men film I really like is First Class. Haven't seen The Last Stand of course, but going by popular consensus I'm not sure I want to.

(in reply to JonnyFave)
Post #: 26841
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 1:04:02 PM   
Rgirvan44

Last Stand isn't that bad - Ratner is basically that kid who got all the action figures and bashed them together.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26842
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 1:19:31 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives

Funniy enough I just re-watched The Avengers yesterday and while I still enjoyed it for the most part I totally agree about the action sequences - they went on for fucking ever, especially the aircraft bit and the city climax which was no better than the last Transformers film in its lack of tension or genuine threat. Speaking of which, I found Loki a pretty unintimidating baddie too - I always find it amusing when people bring up the fact that he said 'quim' as some kind of evidence of his evil. Really? Since when was that so shocking? As far as I know it's no more evil than calling someone a berk. or a pillock. Still, the Hulk was great, Iron Man was cool and it was smart and funny so I can forgive the odd concesion to generic blockbuster-dom.

I've honestly never seen someone say that.

Post #: 26843
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 1:24:35 PM   
Hood_Man

What got on my nerves with Last Stand was that the war that had been building up for the last 3 movies turned out to be relatively small battle.

Also Scott's death.

And, considering this was the point where I'd lost patience with the film and was now getting annoyed by everything, Wolverine's indestructible pants.

I really enjoyed most of the film though, especially the scene in the Jean's childhood home (which was just flat out awesome).

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26844
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 1:25:17 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Watched Prometheus a second time last night, having seen it when it was released in Cinemas,and I think its a very good,solid Sci-Fi film.
And I think the criticisms of the film went way,way over the top on occasions.

Its also made me look forward to Ridleys Prometheus sequel.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

Last Stand isn't that bad - Ratner is basically that kid who got all the action figures and bashed them together.

I easily prefer Last Stand to say Spiderman3.
That's not saying much mind.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26845
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 2:06:10 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

I've honestly never seen someone say that.

It was mentioned in the review thread on here by a couple of people (I'm sure the phrase 'the Q word' was used) in response to suggestions he was a bit of a rubbish villain and a friend of mine also said it though to be fair she's had such a sheltered PC life she had to turn off a Louis CK DVD because her 'ears were stinging'. Maybe it's a regional thing but I've always thought of 'quim' as nothing more than a harmless playground word just above 'fairy' but well below 'fanny' in terms of rudeness.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26846
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 2:09:52 PM   
horribleives

quote:

What got on my nerves with Last Stand was that the war that had been building up for the last 3 movies turned out to be relatively small battle.

Also Scott's death.

And, considering this was the point where I'd lost patience with the film and was now getting annoyed by everything, Wolverine's indestructible pants.

I really enjoyed most of the film though, especially the scene in the Jean's childhood home (which was just flat out awesome).

I can't even begin to think about the odd good thing in that film (the stuff you mentioned plus Kelsey Grammar) without being reminded of the horror of Vinnie Jones. Jesus.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26847
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 3:09:23 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

I would go further and say that Ratner isn't really that bad as a director. He's just a bit... well, vanilla.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 26848
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 4:39:04 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

quote:

Also Scott's death.

I can't even begin to think about the odd good thing in that film (the stuff you mentioned plus Kelsey Grammar) without being reminded of the horror of Vinnie Jones. Jesus.

I'd actually forgotten about that

Post #: 26849
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/12/2012 5:12:52 PM   
UTB

I personally think Jones is the only bad thing in the movie. Everything else is perfectly fine, but probably suffers due to Jones' miscasting.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 26850
Page:   <<   < prev  893 894 [895] 896 897   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  893 894 [895] 896 897   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI