Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  889 890 [891] 892 893   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:11:20 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

Emma Stone was also a better love interest than Dunst, even though they were playing different characters.

Yep,and we all know whats going to happen to her.

Edit: I didn't rate Dunst in any of the Spidey films.I felt,for Mary Jane,she lacked spark.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 17/11/2012 5:12:21 PM >

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26701
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:18:12 PM   
Harry Tuttle

Yeah Garfield is miles better than Maguire, who I thought was a fucking awful Peter Parker. I also thought Stone was much better than Dunst, who I don't really rate in anything I've seen her in.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 26702
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:20:12 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

Yeah Garfield is miles better than Maguire, who I thought was a fucking awful Peter Parker. I also thought Stone was much better than Dunst, who I don't really rate in anything I've seen her in.

I've never rated her particularly highly, but she's absolutely phenomenal in Melancholia.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 26703
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:27:01 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

I've never rated her particularly highly, but she's absolutely phenomenal in Melancholia.

Yep,that was the performance that turned my head interms of how I rated her.She was really good.

Thinking of the actors that starred in the Raimi Spidey films that stood out,can only think of a few ie Defoe,J. K. Simmons,Molina.
Apart from that list I thought everyone else involved in those 3 films were average at best.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26704
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:36:52 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

Yep,that was the performance that turned my head interms of how I rated her.She was really good.

Thinking of the actors that starred in the Raimi Spidey films that stood out,can only think of a few ie Defoe,J. K. Simmons,Molina.
Apart from that list I thought everyone else involved in those 3 films were average at best.

Yeah that sounds about right, I can't think of anyone else who particularly stands out. I guess Franco was alright, but nothing special.

Post #: 26705
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 5:58:57 PM   
giggity

Glad to see so many people rating Garfield, he was very good in the role and remarkably he cried the same amount of times in Amazing Spiderman that Maguire did in Spiderman 3, the big difference was Maguire looked kinda pathetic (he looks like a turtle when he cries) whereas with Garfield I felt complete sadness and devastation.

The casting was much better in Amazing than the Raimi films (aoart from Ifans who was a bit weak compared to Defoe or the mighty Molina) Most improved was Stone and the love interest in general. Dunst really is a very dull actress (i've heard how great she was in Melancholia but in that film she has to act as if she doesn't care about anything anymore, watch any interview with her and you'll see that wasn't much of a stretch for her), the love story in Raimi's was just very poor, in Amazing Garfield and Stone looked like they were so into each other (not surprising they hooked up while filming) and they had incredible chemistry.

(in reply to lbiu)
Post #: 26706
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 6:13:27 PM   
Deviation

I agree with the casting in Amazing Spider-man being excellent. Sadly, they're let down by how piss-poor the film becomes once Lizard is introduced, especially Rhys-Ifans who seems to try his best with a terribly written and directed role.

Oh and Horner's soundtrack is, perhaps unsurprisingly becuase it is Horner, an absolute abomination.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 17/11/2012 6:14:27 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 26707
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 6:23:38 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

I agree with the casting in Amazing Spider-man being excellent. Sadly, they're let down by how piss-poor the film becomes once Lizard is introduced, especially Rhys-Ifans who seems to try his best with a terribly written and directed role.

Oh and Horner's soundtrack is, perhaps unsurprisingly becuase it is Horner, an absolute abomination.

I wouldn't say it went downhill,I would say it went cliched but enjoyable none the less.

I didn't take much notice of the music,but I suppose that says it all.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 17/11/2012 6:24:17 PM >

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 26708
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 7:42:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

I didn't mind Rhys Ifans that much. The main problem with the film for me was the CGI for Lizard. That would have been inexcusable 15 years go IMO.

I enjoyed it more than Raimi's first entry.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 26709
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 17/11/2012 8:31:28 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Andrew Garfield was miscast as Peter Parker/Spider man and the film was not as good as the Raimi original.

I enjoyed the films equally, but I thought Garfield was a better PP than Maguire.

@Cool Breese
I wholeheartedly disagree.
I thought Garfield was a far,far better fit for Peter Parker than that of Maguire,who I thought was just to weedy and slightly creepy.

Overall I thought the film was very good.
The performances were great though Sally Field (May Parker) looked like she was going to break into tears in every scene she appeared in.
Good action set-pieces to.

This sums up exactly what was wrong with The Amazing Spiderman and Garfields casting in particular...http://youtu.be/l2KSPiTOMR8

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

Post #: 26710
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 18/11/2012 3:46:17 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Why are Books,especially popular ones, adapted into films?

Surely if the Book is great enough and its scenarios are playing well with your imagination then what is the point in bringing it into the film medium ?,other than making loads and loads of money of course.

I do get slightly miffed when people say "oh,this is a great book.I'd love to see it be made into a film",my reply usually is "why?".
I love the film medium as much as the next person but surely if a (commendable) writer has written his story for the Book/Written medium then why translate.
Now I've seen loads of Books adapted into films and arguably there are more adaptions out there than there is original works soley made for the Filming process,so what does that say about films?

I've always found this an interesting question tbh.

< Message edited by OPEN YOUR EYES -- 18/11/2012 3:47:26 PM >

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 26711
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 19/11/2012 10:32:09 PM   
Tidus

My unpopular opinion at the moment seems to be the blood chillingly scary prospect that if a black man played James Bond it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

I'm not here, this isn't happening

Post #: 26712
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 19/11/2012 10:48:36 PM   
elab49

Tidus, we tend to prefer that ongoing discussions aren't dragged out to be duplicated in other threads. So the Black Bond discussion can stay in the thread it started in

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 26713
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 19/11/2012 11:37:27 PM   
Tidus

fair dooz, just seems like I'm on my own and everyone disagrees with me hence "my unpopular opinion"

I'm not here, this isn't happening

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 26714
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 21/11/2012 11:43:33 AM   
Whistler

Twilight really isn't that bad - in fact it's pretty enjoyable. I watched the first two for the first time yesterday, and while the sparkling thing still pisses me off (vampires effing explode in sunlight), I can almost guarantee that the majority of people who rip on them at every turn haven't actually seen them. Hell, even Taylor Lautner isn't that bad (although that might be 'cause I watched him in Abduction recently )

(in reply to Tidus)
Post #: 26715
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:14:03 PM   
Dannybohy

I have an opinion that I am guessing will be unpopular, sooooo

I watched Inception again on Lovefilm last night! and realised that the Editing is possibly the worst i've seen in any movie I can remember!. I didn't catch it on first watch! however if you really go back and watch the first 20min it jumps so badly scene to scene. At first I thought it may of been a connection problem lagging out the movie!. anyone else notice this! It was quite jarring when I realised!.

PLEASE NOTE:This is not a Nolan dig! yes the movie is as depressing as any Nolan flick, but this is editing issue and apart from that its a great movie.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/12/2012 3:15:54 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 26716
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:20:12 PM   
horribleives

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
I watched Inception again on Lovefilm last night! and realised that the Editing is possibly the worst i've seen in any movie I can remember!. I didn't catch it on first watch! however if you really go back and watch the first 20min it jumps so badly scene to scene. At first I thought it may of been a connection problem lagging out the movie!. anyone else notice this? It was quite jarring when I realised!.

No.

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26717
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:30:32 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

I watched Inception again on Lovefilm last night! and realised that the Editing is possibly the worst i've seen in any movie I can remember!. I didn't catch it on first watch! however if you really go back and watch the first 20min it jumps so badly scene to scene. At first I thought it may of been a connection problem lagging out the movie!. anyone else notice this! It was quite jarring when I realised!.

PLEASE NOTE:This is not a Nolan dig! yes the movie is as depressing as any Nolan flick, but this is editing issue and apart from that its a great movie.

Yes it is a Nolan dig.Just like 95% of all your other posts.You are being a troll.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26718
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:31:06 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

Yes it is a Nolan dig.Just like 95% of all your other posts.You are being a troll.

. . .

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

Post #: 26719
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:33:40 PM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

quote:

. . .

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 26720
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:38:40 PM   
Dannybohy

Lmao!. I rest my case.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 20/12/2012 3:39:46 PM >

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 26721
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:40:50 PM   
horribleives

quote:

Lmao!. I rest my case.

What case would that be?

www.hollywoodunbound.co.uk - some nonsense about alien film directors and musclebound man-children.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26722
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:41:34 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

I your read your comment above out in my head with a sobbing man child voice!.

Post #: 26723
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:53:56 PM   
Titanm21

The steak in the Matrix didn't look all that nice.

There i said it.

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

Post #: 26724
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:56:18 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

There i said it.

I just this week re-watched the trilogy! . What was wrong with it?. how do you like your steak?

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 26725
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:56:22 PM   
shool

quote:

Lmao!. I rest my case.

I think you actually missed the irony of mine and Homer's post.

< Message edited by shool -- 20/12/2012 3:57:01 PM >

[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26726
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:57:50 PM   
Titanm21

quote:

quote:

There i said it.

I just this week re-watched the trilogy! . What was wrong with it?. how do you like your steak?

Rare! It just looked... "Stringy"

www.TrailerHouseMusings@Blogspot.com

Join us for all the latest trailers in the world of Gaming, TV and Movies [also Facebook and Twitter]

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26727
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 3:59:59 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Lmao!. I rest my case.

Well, that's Ironic

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 26728
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 4:00:31 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

Lmao!. I rest my case.

Well, that's Ironic

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 26729
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 20/12/2012 4:01:16 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

There i said it.

Rare! It just looked... "Stringy"

Your Steak is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Steak. You are the eventuality of an anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of Steak cooking precision. While it remains a burden to sedulously avoid it, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here, to a bad stringy steak.

(in reply to Titanm21)
Post #: 26730
Page:   <<   < prev  889 890 [891] 892 893   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  889 890 [891] 892 893   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI