Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  885 886 [887] 888 889   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/10/2012 6:07:47 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

You like Van Helsing. Your argument is invalid.

Actually you'll find that like Van helsing makes my argument TWICE as valid as someone who doesn't!

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 26581
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/10/2012 6:08:29 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

You like Van Helsing. Your argument is invalid.

He also thinks Battleship is the greatest film ever made...

Battleship is the greatest film ever made, i thought this was a given

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26582
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/10/2012 6:40:22 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Don't think I've ever seen Van Helsing.I thought I did but I'd mistaken it for another film,another film I cant remember.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 26583
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/10/2012 8:38:29 PM   
bozo

Jack Nicholson can't act.
There. I broke the internet.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 26584
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 31/10/2012 8:50:59 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: bozo

Not true.

There are two Jack Nicholson's. One, who is the entertaining lunatic and the other, who is the actor's actor.

Jacko: The Shining, A Few Good Men, The Departed, Batman, Mars Attacks!
Jack: The Pledge, About Schmidt, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chinatown, The Passenger, The Last Detail, Five Easy Pieces

< Message edited by vad3r -- 31/10/2012 8:51:46 PM >

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 26585
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 12:36:19 AM   
Deviation

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

No way man, he's way better than Darren Aronofsky

Interesting fact: I have never seen a Darren Aronofsky film, i just know Michael Bay is automatically better

Dude, Black Swan gave us a sex scene with Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman. HOW ON EARTH CAN BAY BEAT THAT

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 26586
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 12:41:43 AM   
MonsterCat

Also: Aronofsky isn't a drooling misogynist.

Michael Bay. What a fucking mouth breathing goon that guy is.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 1/11/2012 12:54:10 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 26587
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 12:54:04 AM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation

quote:

Interesting fact: I have never seen a Darren Aronofsky film, i just know Michael Bay is automatically better

Dude, Black Swan gave us a sex scene with Mila Kunis and Natalie Portman. HOW ON EARTH CAN BAY BEAT THAT

Giving us one where they were actually naked and we saw some lady parts? Instead of having a lesbian scene with two actresses known for having no-nudity clauses in their contracts?

Not that Bay has done that but that is what he could do to beat it *sulks*

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 26588
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 1:03:58 AM   
bozo

quote:

quote:

Not true.

There are two Jack Nicholson's. One, who is the entertaining lunatic and the other, who is the actor's actor.

Jack: The Pledge, About Schmidt, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Chinatown, The Passenger, The Last Detail, Five Easy Pieces

I think the only character Jack Nicholson has ever played is called Jack Nickolson. His range is from Jack Nicholson to Jack Nicholson. Depending on his mood.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26589
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 1:05:10 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

The equivalent of a lesbian scene with those two for DK, is the following words in one sentence: 3D VFX Blu ray 7.1 Steelbook CEX.

quote:

(in reply to bozo)
Post #: 26590
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 1:09:56 AM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not true.

I think the only character Jack Nicholson has ever played is called Jack Nickolson. His range is from Jack Nicholson to Jack Nicholson. Depending on his mood.

Not sure how anyone could say all of those above roles are exactly the same. Not even if Jack personally screwed you somehow.

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26591
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 1:28:06 AM   
scarface666brooksy!!

quote:

quote:

Not true.

Quoted for truth. Especially Chinatown; if anyone can draw parallels to even half of Nicholson's performances in the 70's to his performances Batman or The Departed then they really have problems.

quote:

quote:

Black Swan sex scene > Michael Bay films. To be fair, Most films in general (with or without sex scenes) > Michael Bay films

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26592
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 2:17:17 AM   
siegfried

Both Darren Aronofsky and Michael Bay make shitty films, the difference being that Michael Bay's films are reasonably entertaining shit.

"Premeditated murder is one thing, but I will not have lying in this house."

Marriage is one of those things that is best gotten over with in youth - like chicken pox.

Not only is there no God, but try getting a plumber on weekends.

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 26593
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 7:56:41 AM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

The equivalent of a lesbian scene with those two for DK, is the following words in one sentence: 3D VFX Blu ray 7.1 Steelbook CEX.

This is pretty funny coming from you

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26594
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 9:47:18 AM   
MonsterCat

Personally speaking, I don't see how anyone can look at something like the Transformers flicks and not think that Bay has a decidedly dodgy attitude to women. Clearly the man is an asshole of the highest order.

God knows I don't always agree with Mark Kermode, but he's right about the Transformers films. Bay has essentially taken what is a kids toy and then turned the sleaze factor up to eleven. It's a really strange and problematic thing.

Aronofsky made that appalling heap of pants called The Fountain, but at least he's isn't some leery dullard like Bay.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 1/11/2012 9:54:51 AM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 26595
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 10:48:21 AM   
shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Aronofsky made that appalling heap of pants called The Fountain.

Yes someone else agrees with me.

I really like Aronofsky

Pi - 5/5
Requiem - 4/5
Black Swan - 4/5 when I watched it, but when I think about it more the rating goes up.

The Fountain - 2/5 although it looked amazing.

Still not seen the Wrestler.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 26596
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 11:02:06 AM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

Haven't seen the Fountain and by all accounts it seems to divide opinions.

Black Swan is a really good film and Natalie Portman,who I had doubts about,really stepped up to the fore.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 26597
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 2:33:40 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: siegfried

Both Darren Aronofsky and Michael Bay make shitty films, the difference being that Michael Bay's films are reasonably entertaining shit.

The last bit almost had me pissing myself laughing! Yeah I guess he does make reasonably entertaining shit if you are a sexist, racist or some beach bum who enjoys sitting watching MTV videos all day long The likes of Back to the Future and Die Hard are examples of enjoyable blockbusters. Bay just makes boring trash.

Whats your problem with Aronofsky? So far I have liked pretty much all of his work which I have seen. Also have to question the person claiming he is sexist, why because of one lesbian scene?

Heres one which I think Mark Kermode would back me up on, Bug was more of a return to form for William Friedkin than Killer Joe.

(in reply to siegfried)
Post #: 26598
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 6:53:57 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

The last bit almost had me pissing myself laughing! Yeah I guess he does make reasonably entertaining shit if you are a sexist, racist or some beach bum who enjoys sitting watching MTV videos all day long The likes of Back to the Future and Die Hard are examples of enjoyable blockbusters. Bay just makes boring trash.

Whats your problem with Aronofsky? So far I have liked pretty much all of his work which I have seen. Also have to question the person claiming he is sexist, why because of one lesbian scene?

Heres one which I think Mark Kermode would back me up on, Bug was more of a return to form for William Friedkin than Killer Joe.

Bug > The Exorcist.

quote:

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 26599
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 7:07:19 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Aronofsky made that appalling heap of pants called The Fountain.

Yes someone else agrees with me.

I really like Aronofsky

Pi - 5/5
Requiem - 4/5
Black Swan - 4/5 when I watched it, but when I think about it more the rating goes up.

The Fountain - 2/5 although it looked amazing.

Still not seen the Wrestler.

You should, it's great.

quote:

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 26600
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 1/11/2012 10:33:57 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bug > The Exorcist.

Does that mean you like Bug more than Exorcist? If so I would go that far, just that Bug is Friedkin's best recent film, and his real return to form rather than Killer Joe which had lots of good things in it, but was still deeply flawed.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26601
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/11/2012 12:57:38 AM   
Coyleone

Aronofsky is a great director. Wasn't a fan of The Fountain, but everything else is great imo. Black Swan especially.

PTA is the second best American director working today for me. That's without having seen The Master too, which I really can't wait to see. Hard Eight was really good, but then you have Boogie Nights and Punch Drunk Love which are both amazing, and Magnolia is a genuine masterpiece. TWBB is also brilliant, but I'd take Magnolia and Boogie Nights over it any day, that's not a knock on TWBB at all either.

Then there's Malick, who made Tree Of Life, which is one of my favourite films ever made. He also made Thin Red Line, Badlands, Days Of Heaven and The New World which are all utterly fantastic, which quite easily makes him the best American director, and maybe my favourite director in the world right now.

Post #: 26602
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/11/2012 12:50:30 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

I don't think of myself as sexist or racist for enjoying Michael Bay's films.  Yes Die Hard and Back to the Future are great blockbusters but so are The Rock, Bad Boys, Transformers 1 & 3. If you don't like his films why watch them.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 2/11/2012 12:56:32 PM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

Post #: 26603
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 2/11/2012 11:36:24 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

I don't think of myself as sexist or racist for enjoying Michael Bay's films.  Yes Die Hard and Back to the Future are great blockbusters but so are The Rock, Bad Boys, Transformers 1 & 3. If you don't like his films why watch them.

Who says I did? Everyone has seen bad films once in awhile

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 26604
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 2:24:37 PM   
vad3r

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: NCC1701A

quote:

quote:

Who says I did? Everyone has seen bad films once in awhile

Darren Aronofsky, Joss Whedon, JJ Abrams, Terrence Malick, Wes Anderson.

None of the above have ever made a 'bad' film.

quote:

Post #: 26605
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 2:31:24 PM   
Deviation

But Aronofsky has done that OTT, loud and uber-melodramatic thing that is Reqiuem for a Dream. I do put the blame on his direction on me not liking that film, everything about it thematically is excellent, I simply don't like the execution.

quote:

There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26606
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 2:39:54 PM   
vad3r

quote:

But Aronofsky has done that OTT, loud and uber-melodramatic thing that is Reqiuem for a Dream. I do put the blame on his direction on me not liking that film, everything about it thematically is excellent, I simply don't like the execution.

You may not like it, but it's considered a great film. I don't like Citizen Kane, but that doesn't make it a bad film.

< Message edited by vad3r -- 4/11/2012 2:42:37 PM >

quote:

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 26607
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 2:55:33 PM   
tommyjarvis

Rock of Ages was probably the most purely entertaining movie I've seen this year.

It also has, hands down, the greatest soundtrack of any movie ever made.

"I've been too honest with myself, I should have lied like everybody else"

My Top 101 Rock Songs - The first Audiophile list to actually get completed!

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26608
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 3:25:04 PM   
vad3r

quote:

ORIGINAL: tommyjarvis

Rock of Ages was probably the most purely entertaining movie I've seen this year.

It also has, hands down, the greatest soundtrack of any movie ever made.

quote:

(in reply to tommyjarvis)
Post #: 26609
RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! - 4/11/2012 4:32:09 PM   
Deviation

quote:

quote:

You may not like it, but it's considered a great film. I don't like Citizen Kane, but that doesn't make it a bad film.

So what? The Deer Hunter is considered a stone-cold American classic with the complexity and finesse of a Russian novel. It's actually a piece of shit.

quote:

quote:

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 26610
Page:   <<   < prev  885 886 [887] 888 889   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: YOUR UNPOPULAR OPINION!! Page: <<   < prev  885 886 [887] 888 889   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI