Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 21/10/2005 11:21:11 PM   
LB Jeffries

How come nobody's mentioned this great new show? Wednsday nights on ABC straight after Lost. It's kind of a bodysnatchers update with an impressive list of people behind the camera:

Shaun Cassidy ("Cold Case," "American Gothic,") created the series and serves as executive producer. Lawrence Trilling (director – "Alias," "Nip/Tuck," "Scrubs") is co-executive producer and multiple Emmy Award-winning director Thomas Schlamme ("The West Wing," "ER," "Sports Night") is executive consultant.

Here's the jist of it:

From famed writer/producer Shaun Cassidy comes a suspenseful tale of a blended family trying to recover from a devastating hurricane and its mysterious aftermath.

For centuries man has searched the skies for signs of intelligent life forms. What if those life forms were already here? And what if some of the natural disasters we've been experiencing of late were merely smokescreens to mask something far more ominous?

For dedicated park ranger Russell Varon (Eddie Cibrian, "Third Watch"), a divorced father of two who is expecting a third child with his new wife, local television reporter Larkin Groves, the hurricane proves to be merely the beginning of a long journey into the unknown. Always skeptical about the paranoid conspiracy theories of his wayward brother-in-law, Dave, Russell may have to revise his thinking when a number of bizarre occurrences start taking place in his community. Though Russell's young daughter, Rose, claims to have seen hundreds of lights floating towards the water during the storm, Russell initially dismisses her claim — until he begins to suspect that something is very wrong with his ex-wife, Dr. Mariel Underlay. The morning after the storm, Mariel is found naked in the water — with no memory of what transpired the night before.

As the tiny town of Homestead, Florida struggles to rebuild itself, Sheriff Tom Underlay (William Fichtner, "Black Hawk Down," "Armageddon," "Go," "Contact") -- who is married to Russell's ex-wife -- suspiciously orders the entire area quarantined. Russell starts to investigate the strange goings on and unknowingly begins a fight for the survival of his family, his community, and what might ultimately be the whole human race.

I've watched the first five episodes and I'm hooked and have no doubt you will be too. Here's the torrent files to download the already aired episodes. If you have any trouble with them just search the usual torrent sites to find them.

Episdoe 1
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=415270

Episode 2
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=421167

Episode 3
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=428978

Episode 4
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=436711

Episode 5
http://www.torrentspy.com/download.asp?id=442825

< Message edited by LB Jeffries -- 23/10/2005 8:55:09 PM >

“When he shall die, take him and cut him out in little stars and he will make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun.”
Post #: 1
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 4/1/2006 11:12:28 AM   
Pinkvelvet

I logged on today to find out whether or not Sunday's episode is the first and soud slike it is yippee I haven't missed it!

Is Surface coming to British screens as well? 
Post #: 2
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 4/1/2006 11:32:30 AM   
sharkboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

I agree you should give shows a chance and too many people give up on shows before they get going. I certainly was glad I gave Surface a go as the approach it took was almost viral and a very real moving out from the centre in terms of who became aware of what was going on.

Invasion I've forced myself through as it is still as bad as the first epi - generally poor acting with a couple of exceptions and just a really cliched and unbelievable set of scenarios in place.

I'd have to agree with elab here - Invasion just hasn't kicked in for me yet.  There were some signs of denouement in the last couple of episodes, but generally they weren't really followed up and we're now about half-way through Season 1 without anything really having happened.  There's nothing in the plot that you haven't seen done before and done better.  And some of the acting is just so bad it hurts.  But still I stick with it in the hope that the promised revelations in the next few shows make my perseverence worthwhile.

Surface is a much better proposition IMO. It's not perfect by any means but it's managed to drip-feed the information in just the right amount to keep you intrigued.  The recent hand-made submarine escapade required a bit more suspension of belief than usual, but it was still exciting enough to make it bearable.  The characters are much less clichéd than their Invasion counterparts and the growth of the phenomenon is much more realistically handled.

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.
Post #: 3
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 4/1/2006 1:45:15 PM   
Spartacus

Downloaded the pilot of this by accident a while back and decided to watch it. As others have said it's not brilliant but it's not terrible either and it does take a while to get into it. Looking forward to the return of the second half next week and hopefully see it get even better and a little less predictable.

Might have to have a look at surface also while I'm at it.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to sharkboy)
Post #: 4
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 4/1/2006 2:16:58 PM   
jediwarrior

Yes surface is on Itv 2 or 3 and I think it starts next week

GAMERTAG: hothtrooper

The hate of men will pass, and dictators die, and the power they took from the people will return to the people. And so long as men die, liberty will never perish.

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 5
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 9:35:21 PM   
JV

Well from the first episode, I'd say it looks great!

but love is the sky and i am for you
just so long and long enough

(in reply to jediwarrior)
Post #: 6
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 9:41:31 PM   
Helo

Fascinating

Aside from reaffirming my belief that Fichtner is a god amongst mere mortals, I have to say it impressed me more on second viewing than the first time I saw it.  A distinctly uneasy feeling from the word go, this ain't no Threshold here.

Roll on 10 o'clock.

"But it's Swiss!"

"Five card stud, nothing wild. And the sky's the limit."

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 7
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:00:27 PM   
King_Wah

First episode was very good. Just a little concerned about the wholesomeness of the male lead. Fichtner is great though.

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to Helo)
Post #: 8
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:07:29 PM   
hongkongphooey

I definitely liked this a lot more on second viewing, and don't know why I didn't keep downloading it.

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 9
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:11:50 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

Is an ad break really necessary 8 minutes into the show?
Channel 4 really are taking the piss with this stuff, werent they warned about it recently!?!

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008

(in reply to hongkongphooey)
Post #: 10
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:49:02 PM   
King_Wah

I'm sure the female tv producer was in the Donald Sutherland remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

If so, does that count as an in joke ?

I am big, it's the forum that got smaller.

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 11
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:53:54 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

Thats Veronica Cartwright...........

She was in ALIEN, Witches of Eastwick and a lot of other weird stuff!

Bit of sci-fi in-jokery going on either way!

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 12
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 10:56:54 PM   
JV

Yeah, I've seen her in stuff before.

Anyway 2 episodes in and I'm hooked! I can't wait until next Sunday.

Post #: 13
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 11:07:41 PM   
MeetThe_InvisibleMan

It seems like a good show so far. It dosent seem original but it is exciting. I will be watching next week.

M.T.I.M

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 14
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 11:17:21 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

Yeah, I've seen her in stuff before.

Anyway 2 episodes in and I'm hooked! I can't wait until next Sunday.

Not got E4? Episode 3 is up and running!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 15
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 11:20:43 PM   
JV

Nope, no E4 for me.

Post #: 16
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 11:29:09 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

Poor thing........dont worry, I can give you a running commentary!

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 17
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 8/1/2006 11:32:55 PM   
JV

I don't think you will, ya big dinosaur!

Post #: 18
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:00:58 AM   
Art Vandelay

Wow, Episode 2 was an extremely gripping episode. I'll be tuning in next week for sure. And i just have to comment on what a great job they've done with the Sheriff. He's already an amazingly questionable character and i can't wait to see where his character goes.

Jamdodge1: The Burial - An epic and tragic tale of Lies, Betrayal, Redemption & jam on a 12 year old's head...

"Fuck! The cunts found us. Get the fucking rifle."

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 19
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:03:08 AM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: JV

I don't think you will, ya big dinosaur!

[cowardly lion] put em up, put em uuup [/cowardly lion]

(in reply to JV)
Post #: 20
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 11:44:36 AM   
Pinkvelvet

Thanks for the info on Surface Jedi Warrior,I just hope it doesn't start at the same time as Battlestar Galactica!

I really enjoyed Invasion last night,I also watched the E4 show , so am going tohave to start watching it at 11 on a Sunday night now lol

(in reply to King_Wah)
Post #: 21
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:22:36 PM   
Hoon

My thoughts so far (Episode 1 & 2 spoilers):

- I really liked the hurricaine setup, not only a good rouse as cover for an alien landing party, but also an engaging and exciting scenario to open a new show with.

- I really didn't like how quickly the lead guy latched on to the idea of aliens. He came to that conclusion from something 'Jack Black' said right at the start, a look from his ex-wife & a priest and a skeleton with no discernable marks on it. There is no way he would have twigged so quickly, especially after a hurricaine (which could explain away every scenario).

- They kept going on about a quarantine, and yet nobody ever told us the viewers, or any of the townsfolk exactly what they were quarantining (even if it was a coverup). The said something very loose about perhaps having to have one, but nobody stated a reason. Wouldn't you question that if you were an inhabitant or especially like the lead's wife - were a reporter?!

- The girl tells 'Jack Black' about the lights, and he acts upon it? Why would he? It was during a hurricaine, surely you wouldn't question some odd things flying about would you? No one questioned the windows being put through etc!

- I laughed out loud at the bit where the doctor in the hospital says (upon seeing the injuries to scuba guy) "I've never seen anything like it!" Er... what? Your doctor and you haven't seen any type of small puncture wounds to a body before (again during a hurricaine?). This smacks of lazy, generic writing IMO.

Overall i thought it was vaguely intriguing, but ultimately another example of lacklustre science fiction from the US. These programs pale in compariosn to such forebarers as The X-Files. I've recorded the 3rd episode from E4 and will give that a go in the hope that it improves, but I'm not holding my breath...

Still, at least it was better than Lost!

Don't be happy. Just worry.

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 22
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:27:33 PM   
the_edge99uk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pinkvelvet

Thanks for the info on Surface Jedi Warrior,I just hope it doesn't start at the same time as Battlestar Galactica!

I really enjoyed Invasion last night,I also watched the E4 show , so am going tohave to start watching it at 11 on a Sunday night now lol

Two things, BG is on  Tuesdays at 9, where as Surface is on Mondays at 9.

Also, the next episode is on at 9 on E4 on sundays and repeated on Wednesdays at 9.

What the fucks the internet?

(in reply to Pinkvelvet)
Post #: 23
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:32:37 PM   
elab49

A couple of my mates watched Sunday, ignoring my warnings. Needless to say, 2 more who don't get the big build up for this pretty awful show - the acting got the most criticism.

Also, they didn't get the alien bones thing as you never saw it clearly and it just looked like a messed up animal skeleton.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to the_edge99uk)
Post #: 24
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:41:57 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoon

My thoughts so far (Episode 1 & 2 spoilers):

- They kept going on about a quarantine, and yet nobody ever told us the viewers, or any of the townsfolk exactly what they were quarantining (even if it was a coverup). The said something very loose about perhaps having to have one, but nobody stated a reason. Wouldn't you question that if you were an inhabitant or especially like the lead's wife - were a reporter?!

Someone did mention what it was about, the sheriff to his wife, he was talking about how there could have been anything in the water (diseases) or something along those lines. Obviously it's a cover up and that shriff guy seems to know a lot more than he's letting on.

quote:

- The girl tells 'Jack Black' about the lights, and he acts upon it? Why would he? It was during a hurricaine, surely you wouldn't question some odd things flying about would you? No one questioned the windows being put through etc!

From one of his first lines in the pilot we learnt he was a conspiracist as he was saying there was some sort of government cover up going on. He also seems to believe in aliens anyway, did you not hear all the terminology and acronyms he was using, they weren't the sort day to day people would use, normal people would just say aliens, invaders, extra terrestrials etc.

So as soon as the girl explained the lights to him and said her dad wrote them off as sparks but she said they weren't because they landed in the water and began to swim away, he was intrigued, which is perfectly feasible for a character like him.

quote:

- I laughed out loud at the bit where the doctor in the hospital says (upon seeing the injuries to scuba guy) "I've never seen anything like it!" Er... what? Your doctor and you haven't seen any type of small puncture wounds to a body before (again during a hurricaine?). This smacks of lazy, generic writing IMO.

They weren't just small puncture wounds, they were all in patterns and perfectly cut into the skin, and did look very strange. I'm afraid the only times doctors might have seen this is when it's self inflicted
by some idiot. And the considering he was in scuba gear and in the condition he was in, then yes it probably wasn't something the doctors would have seen before.

quote:

Still, at least it was better than Lost!

Let's not go overboard now!

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 9/1/2006 12:46:00 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to Hoon)
Post #: 25
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:44:26 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

Also, they didn't get the alien bones thing as you never saw it clearly and it just looked like a messed up animal skeleton.

No, we got many clear shots of the skeleton and it didn't look like an animal it looked like a human.

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 26
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 12:56:54 PM   
Hoon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sexual Harassment Panda

quote:

No, we got many clear shots of the skeleton and it didn't look like an animal it looked like a human.

It did look like human remains, but I'm with elab here - there were no clear shots as to what they were talking about. It just looked like a skeleton to me. If it was damaged, wouldn't that be feasible given the enviroment in which it was in?

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 27
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 2:02:47 PM   
Hoon

quote:

From one of his first lines in the pilot we learnt he was a conspiracist as he was saying there was some sort of government cover up going on. He also seems to believe in aliens anyway, did you not hear all the terminology and acronyms he was using, they weren't the sort day to day people would use, normal people would just say aliens, invaders, extra terrestrials etc.

So as soon as the girl explained the lights to him and said her dad wrote them off as sparks but she said they weren't because they landed in the water and began to swim away, he was intrigued, which is perfectly feasible for a character like him.

And that line was something to the affect of "they're using the hurricaine as a diversion" - which is pretty much exactly right. How did he know this? It doesn't seem like something that would be revealed, just something to quicken the plot. Even a conspiracy nut must find the total lack of evidence (again during a hurricaine) enough to believe (and more importantly make Russel believe) that it is aliens.

quote:

They weren't just small puncture wounds, they were all in patterns and perfectly cut into the skin, and did look very strange. I'm afraid the only times doctors might have seen this is when it's self inflicted by some idiot. And the considering he was in scuba gear and in the condition he was in, then yes it probably wasn't something the doctors would have seen before.

When you take a face mask off your face it leaves (highly embaressing) red marks all over your face. Someone may fall on something like a fence etc that has a unique pattern that could be embedded into the skin, so I don't think it's that uncommon (again, especially during a hurricane).

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 28
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 2:14:48 PM   
Jim

I watched the first 3 episodes last night and I'm not too excited by this show. Like a lot of people have pointed out, it seems fairly generic and unoriginal. It is good enough to be worth watching on a quiet Sunday night, and some people who have been downloading say it gets much better so I'll try to keep watching in case it does. If it doesn't seem worth it after, say, episode 7 or 8 (or if something better comes along) then I'll probably drop it.

"Oh shit, swamp leeches! Everybody! Check for swamp leeches and pull them off! ...nobody else got hit? I'm the only one? What's the deal?"

(in reply to Hoon)
Post #: 29
RE: INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! - 9/1/2006 2:21:38 PM   
Mozza

After watching it, I was very meh.

I won't be tuning in again.

(in reply to Jim)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> INVASION - Best New TV Show - WATCH IT!!! Page: [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI