Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Tattoo Thread.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Tattoo Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 1:55:50 PM   
pixie

[/quote]

I had them done when I was 16 and removed in my late 20s.  I also stopped wearing earrings altogether after having my own ears pierced three times.  It's one of those thing that fits who you are at one time and then later doesn't.  So, I really didn't want the tattoos anymore just like I couldn't be bothered to have an extra step of putting on earrings.

Life is a fluid thing and although you may really consider things before getting a tattoo, it doesn't mean that later you might not want to have it.  I was a bit young when I got mine and it just didn't fit me anymore.  The Snoopy one was not in a visible place but the other one was.  So when I had it removed I decided to axe Snoopy too.
[/quote]

Hey Lulu, can I ask did the removal leave a scar at all?

Member of COBW

Wash: "Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction."

Zoe: "We live in a space ship, dear."

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 61
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 7:48:36 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

Definitely the top one.  Much more striking

Thanks for the opinions folks, and just so you know, I have gone back in and made a minor adjustment!
The PISCES symbol (the black bit) on the first (striking) idea now resembles the PISCES symbol of the second one, just involved a small tweak in photoshop!
I always preferred the look of the second PISCES symbol, but also preferred the first shark.... looks like steps are being made! lol

As for the tattoo's meaning something to the individual, I agree totally!
Both of mine so far have meaning to me!
The Jay and Bob tat was decided upon cos at the time I was working in a comic store, and reading the Smith / Clerks comics, and loved Jim Mahfoods artwork and Smith's films.
The '72' is the year of my birth, and I love the College Jersey font!
The 'BEAR' is in the same font cos I like it so much, and its my nickname (or one of them at least!).
This new one Im tinkering with, as previously mentioned, covers my love of sharks and my star sign!

As for the 'originality' of the artwork, so far this shark design has incorporated THREE different tattoo designs I found on the web, the water (i have removed a lot of stuff from it already though), the shark (which i have cleaned up somewhat) and the symbol. But it is merely a guide for my tattooist to draw up a NEW design from.
So essentially I will be getting an original design inked on my person!

People who decide to get tattooed form the 'instore catalogue' clearly lack imagination, and have put NO thought into the tattoo whatsoever!

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 7/7/2006 7:49:25 PM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 62
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 7:58:20 PM   
Bubba

This is a design I did ages ago for my next tattoo but I could never decide where I wanted it so I haven't had it yet and to be honest I don't think I will now.

Can't quite get the teeth right mind.

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I don’t condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 63
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 8:06:58 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

I'd like my shark to be a little more 'toothy' and menacing, rather than the cartoony thing I have at the moment... maybe the tattooist can come up with something....

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 64
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 8:08:56 PM   
clarabell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bubba

That is one mean looking shark bubba!!!  Fantastic drawing!!

quote:

I reckon a tattoo should be about individuality. Again, not to criticise other people's tattoo's, but I don't know why everyone wants stars when pretty much everyone has them.

I understand that people think that stars are a bit common because a lot of people have them.  To be perfectly honest, my star doesn;t have a special meaning behind it, I just always liked the shape of a star and wanted a tattoo of one.  That's why i choose to get it on the inside of my forearm, thinking it would make it more unique to me as not a lot of people have tattoos here.

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to Bubba)
Post #: 65
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 8:28:07 PM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Domilly

I can guarentee one of the reason you wont tell people part of your idea is because you don't want criticism.
Not at all. I'd like to here people criticise my idea as that'll probably make me think about it even further before I actually get it done. And who knows, maybe the criticism I get may offer more to the tattoo than anything negative.

EDIT: Hell, this has made me realise I was a bit shy by not sharing it. Basically, its my name in Japanese Kanji characters going downwards, which represents my passion for Japanese culture and all things Japan. Imagine alongside these characters on either side a wing, on one side an angel wing, the other side a demon wing. The two wings representing the two sides to my personality, the light and the dark, heaven and hell, righetousness and temptation.

Your thoughts?

< Message edited by Ell -- 7/7/2006 8:33:04 PM >

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Domilly)
Post #: 66
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 9:37:15 PM   
Funkyrae

The one I want:-

That's me that is!

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 67
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 9:42:31 PM   
Godzilla

Love the design Bubbs and Funky that design really suits you

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does,
Lookout,
He is the Spider-Pig!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 68
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 9:50:50 PM   
pettsy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Domilly

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

That, my friend, would be telling

Seriously though, I'll share it when I've actually got it. No idea why, but I'm trying to keep it to myself. Perhaps I'm concerned about people stealing it

I reckon a tattoo should be about individuality. Again, not to criticise other people's tattoo's, but I don't know why everyone wants stars when pretty much everyone has them. Fair enough if it has good meaning behind it (for example my friend was going to have two stars if England won the world cup), that's cool.

To be honest with you, you are never going to find a tattoo that is completly individual. Someone on the forum is designing my next and again not a particularly individual thing but still I want to have my own twist on it and it will represent something personal. I got mine for a reason which is private (i.e i'll mention it to close friends but not blab it on a forum) and I plan to get more to represent other things, yeah I know stars are common but i've always liked them before the fad. And what you said up there well that is criticism... I can guarentee one of the reason you wont tell people part of your idea is because you don't want criticism.
I fully agree about having meaning behind them though.

I designed both of mine...

(in reply to Domilly)
Post #: 69
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 9:59:48 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: Godzilla

Love the design Bubbs and Funky that design really suits you

Time now to save the pennies and befriend a tattoo artist

That's me that is!

(in reply to Godzilla)
Post #: 70
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 8/7/2006 3:14:25 AM   
lulu karma

quote:

ORIGINAL: pixie

Hey Lulu, can I ask did the removal leave a scar at all?

I have a tiny scar where Snoopys ear was colored in.  It took more hits of the lazer to do that section.  Otherwise, I have no remaining marks.

It depends on the type of tattoo (how much pigmentation is in it) and how big.  Also, my tatts cost around $900 to remove.  For ones like DJ has, it would cost thousands to have those removed and there would be a high chance of some scarring.  Maybe not bad, but some scarring.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to pixie)
Post #: 71
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 8/7/2006 10:18:23 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

EDIT: Hell, this has made me realise I was a bit shy by not sharing it. Basically, its my name in Japanese Kanji characters going downwards, which represents my passion for Japanese culture and all things Japan. Imagine alongside these characters on either side a wing, on one side an angel wing, the other side a demon wing. The two wings representing the two sides to my personality, the light and the dark, heaven and hell, righetousness and temptation.

Well I would say that the whole Japanese writing thing is a bit common, but I can tell that you have a genuine love for the culture so it makes it cooler. Plus, having the characters going down will make it look cooler I reckon. Have you had your name translated to see how long it is?

I'm not sure I like the idea of the wings. I see what you're saying about you're good and bad side, but everyone has these so I don't see it as that personal. Also, for me, the lack of complete symmetry would annoy me.

But it's you're design and your body, so do what you like. I've only said this because you specifically said you wanted criticism and advice.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 72
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 8/7/2006 11:46:01 AM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

Well I would say that the whole Japanese writing thing is a bit common, but I can tell that you have a genuine love for the culture so it makes it cooler. Plus, having the characters going down will make it look cooler I reckon. Have you had your name translated to see how long it is?

I'm not sure I like the idea of the wings. I see what you're saying about you're good and bad side, but everyone has these so I don't see it as that personal. Also, for me, the lack of complete symmetry would annoy me.

But it's you're design and your body, so do what you like. I've only said this because you specifically said you wanted criticism and advice.

Cheers, Castor. I appreciate your honesty and advice. As I've said its just an idea I've had that if I ever did have a tattoo that would be it. But in the future, who knows?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 73
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 8/7/2006 10:31:04 PM   
clarabell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

That's the one I want too!!  I am, of course, far too frightened to get it done though

When I die, bury me up-side down, so the world can kiss my ass

Just because the fucker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 74
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 8/7/2006 10:38:11 PM   
Funkyrae

I'm not.  And very very tempted to put a large chunk of my recent tax rebate towards it.

I've wanted decent wings for a very long time - that's the best design I've seen.  It'll take ages to do though

That's me that is!

(in reply to clarabell)
Post #: 75
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 10/7/2006 5:20:34 PM   
Dragonfall 5

As a result of this thread, and the fact that I've had a friend staying over the weekend who just happens to be a graphic designer,  I've asked him to design a tattoo.

We came up with this preliminary sketch today.

As I said,  I'm after something very geometric is shape.  I don't want it looking organic.  Obviously this is very rough (the tail needs simplifying for a start) but what do people think so far?

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 76
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 10/7/2006 7:31:14 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Here's a tattoo by the artist where I get mine done, I think it's absolutely amazing. Just thought I'd share it.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 77
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 11:51:07 AM   
maffew

i added in the bullseye and the heart in pen to see if what i wanted would work..i reckon it does (this is the only pic i can find, sorry!).. you can JUST about make out Chihiro from spirited away on the top of my arm too..that one with the music notes has an insignia saying 'clarence and alabama go to cancun' and the backwards writing says 'casablanca' my last name in spanish..and from my elbow to my wrist is 'Fortune and Glory'

< Message edited by maffew -- 11/7/2006 12:00:03 PM >

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 78
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 12:21:47 PM   
Spartacus

I've managed to figure out pretty much tatoo I want and need some opinions on the following please people:

It's basically my star sign which luckily isn't too bad but I can't decide on which version I like best. At the minute I'm preferring the third one but not 100% yet.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 79
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 12:31:43 PM   
maffew

the first and second look chunky and clumsy...go with the third

"Now i don't know much about security lighting, but i'm guessing they'll be using 180-degree dispersing halogens with motion sensors"

(in reply to Spartacus)
Post #: 80
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 12:34:06 PM   
theram05

quote:

Wow, fabulous....

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 81
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 12:59:43 PM   
Dragonfall 5

Is that Taurus?

I'd go with the third one too.  It's just a bit more interesting.

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to maffew)
Post #: 82
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 1:11:04 PM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: theram05

quote:

Wow, fabulous....

Ain't it just!  Will take a while though

That's me that is!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 83
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 1:42:58 PM   
Spartacus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragonfall 5

Is that Taurus?

I'd go with the third one too.  It's just a bit more interesting.

Yup it's Taurus, thankfully there's not much in it as I didn't fancy anything to extravagent.

The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space. That's the fundamental difference between the light and dark side of the force.

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 84
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 1:51:46 PM   
theram05

quote:

Ain't it just!  Will take a while though

But on a dancers body, wow, that will be worth it......

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 85
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 2:06:33 PM   
Funkyrae

Haha! Don't kid yourself honey!  I gave up the dancing almost 10 years ago and I've had a kid since then

That's me that is!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 86
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 2:41:12 PM   
theram05

quote:

Haha! Don't kid yourself honey!  I gave up the dancing almost 10 years ago and I've had a kid since then

Ah, me thinks the lady doth protest too much, we'll need proof.....

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 87
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 2:46:50 PM   
Funkyrae

Good luck!

That's me that is!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 88
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 3:29:08 PM   
theram05

quote:

Good luck!

Boo to you!

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 89
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 11/7/2006 3:48:39 PM   
Funkyrae

That's me that is!

(in reply to theram05)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Tattoo Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI