Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: The Tattoo Thread.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Tattoo Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 9:02:40 AM   
Funkyrae

quote:

ORIGINAL: m_er

I've got nothing against your tattoos. In fact they look pretty cool. But don't you think in 20 or 430 years time we'll be seeing plenty of people walking in the streets with all those tattoos on wrinkled faces, arms or rather legs ? Might look funny.  

I see your point and that was the reason I kept putting off having a tattoo done int he first place until I was 23 (bearing in mind I'd wanted one since I was 15 and looked old enough to pass off being 18!).

In the long run, I wasn't going to live my life wondering how I would feel about something when I got to my 70s!

Besides, with the way things are advancing now it isn't as difficult as it used to be to get rid of them if you really don't want them any more.  Should I change my mind seriously about my tattoos when I become a genuine wrinkly I'll sort it out then.  In the meanwhile, why not have them?  I don't see the point in trying to live your life 50 years ahead frankly!

That's me that is!

(in reply to m_er)
Post #: 31
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 9:31:32 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Godzilla

That is cool. Like a cross between Godzilla and Bubble Bobble.

Don't try to tell me that some power can corrupt a person
You hadn't had enough to know what it's like
You're only angry cause you wish you were in my position
Now nod your head cause you know that I'm right..alright!

(in reply to Godzilla)
Post #: 32
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 9:35:27 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Funkyrae

Ok Satan!  Love the fact that you got the Great and Secret Show from the Ourobourus symbol - nice to see another Barker fan.

You're surprised?
quote:

Here's mine.

Right arm:

Right thigh:

Stomach:

I want a backpiece now

Nice tats.

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 33
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 11:35:46 AM   
Dragonfall 5

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragonfall 5

I now want a band on my left arm, but haven't found an image that I like.  Basically, I want a snake eating its own tail but it has to be very stylised - almost geometric - in shape.

An Ouroboros symbol

The Great and Secret Show???

Ourobouros, yeah, but my idea comes more from it's use as an alchemical symbol

++++++ OUT OF CHEESE ERROR ++++++

Please reinstall the universe and reboot

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 34
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 11:42:21 AM   
Funkyrae

Fantastic symbol of infinity.

Cheers Satan - it was really difficult to take them by myself, couldn't see what I was focusing on!

That's me that is!

(in reply to Dragonfall 5)
Post #: 35
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 9:11:13 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Here's the tattoo on the inside of my right forearm:

I haven't got any good pictures of my other two tattoos, I'll try and take some with the digital camera tomorrow, can't right now. Got football to watch!

< Message edited by Your Funny Uncle -- 6/7/2006 11:03:49 AM >

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Funkyrae)
Post #: 36
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 9:54:38 PM   
Jack of Blades

Hi guys.

I really want to get a tattoo but because I've got OCD, I have a large fear of infections particularly HIV.

Could you guys relent my fears? Is it truly safe? Are the sterilization techniques up to date?

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 37
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 10:20:30 PM   
The2ndRing

Definitely, the tattooist I go to is like walking into a hospital room, all the needles are new and the thrown away afterwards, and the aftercare is top notch!  Honestly nowadays you have nothing to worry about if you go to a proper reputable tattooist.   

I've been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library

"Do you know what I like about you?
Fuck all."

(in reply to Jack of Blades)
Post #: 38
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 5/7/2006 10:23:18 PM   
Jack of Blades

I don't think there are any reputable ones around here.

When I'm at the pearly gates, this will be on my videotape...

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 39
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 9:38:41 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: The2ndRing

Definitely, the tattooist I go to is like walking into a hospital room, all the needles are new and the thrown away afterwards, and the aftercare is top notch!  Honestly nowadays you have nothing to worry about if you go to a proper reputable tattooist.   

Couldn't have put it better myself!

(in reply to The2ndRing)
Post #: 40
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 10:02:57 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: The2ndRing

Couldn't have put it better myself!

Agree as well, the tattooist I went to (both times) was immaculate and very stringent on cleanliness both before and after the tattoo.  Got a strict talking to about keeping the area clean as well.

My mate came in with me (on my second time) for her first and what she hadn't told me was that she had sprayed the area with Deep Heat (muscle relaxant) hoping that it would make it less painful   The tattoist practically threw her out saying he wouldn't touch her as it was dangerous and for her to come back in a days time when it had completely worn off.  What a wuss (and she's had 3 kids as well!!!)

Can't get a picture of mine as it is between my shoulder blades.  Something I designed myself and in a place where it is covered up for work

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 41
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 7:20:04 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Here's my other two tattoos

Right upper arm / shoulder: My First ever one, needs touching up and am thinking of adding to it.

Left Upper Arm / Shoulder:

and closer up, for some reason the flash went off!

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 42
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 7:24:49 PM   
pettsy

quote:

Right upper arm / shoulder: My First ever one, needs touching up and am thinking of adding to it.

I particularly like that one.

Both mine are on my back so I will try and get pics of them...

Post #: 43
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 10:21:59 PM   
Cabal aka Boone

This was my first one, few years ago now... (fuzzy pic, sorry, so actual pic included )

Then I got this last year...

And Im currently deciding on my next one...

This is next I expect, as it was meant to be done with the '72' last year...

And will be across my shoulders, Sports Jersey style (its a nickname btw)...

And Im designing one that covers my starsign (pisces) and a love of sharks, so far Ive got these two rough ideas which I knocked up last night....

What you think???

< Message edited by Cabal aka Boone -- 6/7/2006 10:24:55 PM >

http://twitter.com/SteveKuma

Stan Winston - April 7, 1946 – June 15, 2008

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 44
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 10:36:47 PM   
Godzilla

I like the top design best. Both are very good though

Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig,
Does whatever a Spider-Pig does,
Lookout,
He is the Spider-Pig!

(in reply to Cabal aka Boone)
Post #: 45
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 10:56:10 PM   
lulu karma

I had this one removed a few years ago.  More painful than having it put on!   Certainly considering the location.

I had a stylized tree too but had it taken off as well.  No pics of that one I'm afraid.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

The eyes are the nipples of the face.

(in reply to Godzilla)
Post #: 46
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 10:59:25 PM   
lulu karma

I agree that the top one is best.

I feel like I'm Han Solo, and you're Chewie and she's Ben Kenobi and we're in that fucked-up bar.

This is the captain speaking. It appears we are going down. Now may be the time to reflect upon your life and pray to whatever deity you believe in. We know you have your choice of airlines and apparently you made the wrong one.

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 47
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 6/7/2006 11:02:17 PM   
Mozza

I wanted to get a tattoo for a while, but I have this thing about pain.  It's just not me.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clownfoot

I have nothing to add. Mozza rules...

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 48
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 12:17:50 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

I had this one removed a few years ago.  More painful than having it put on!   Certainly considering the location.

I had a stylized tree too but had it taken off as well.  No pics of that one I'm afraid.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you get them done in the first place and why did you have them removed?

(in reply to lulu karma)
Post #: 49
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 8:29:38 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

quote:

ORIGINAL: pettsy

quote:

I particularly like that one.

Both mine are on my back so I will try and get pics of them...

Thanks, designed this one and my other shoulder one myself. The blue one on my arm was a flash tatt though.

(in reply to pettsy)
Post #: 50
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 9:14:44 AM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

And Im designing one that covers my starsign (pisces) and a love of sharks, so far Ive got these two rough ideas which I knocked up last night....

What you think???

Definitely the top one.  Much more striking

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

Post #: 51
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 10:28:48 AM   
The Idiot

I'm quite interested in getting a tattoo done. How much do they cost? I presume it varies depending on size, but can someone give me a rough guideline?

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 52
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 10:38:26 AM   
Neth

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Idiot

I'm quite interested in getting a tattoo done. How much do they cost? I presume it varies depending on size, but can someone give me a rough guideline?

Depends on size, detail of design, location on your body and how long the artist reckons it'll take.

My cheapest was £20, but that was almost nine years ago.

"You taste like a burger. I don't like you anymore."

(in reply to The Idiot)
Post #: 53
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 10:54:18 AM   
DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Idiot

I got mine done in Hawaii and I think it cost me around $160 including tip. With the exchange rate that worked out quite cheap.

(in reply to The Idiot)
Post #: 54
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 11:33:27 AM   
Ell

Ever since I was 16 (two-three years) I've had the perfect tattoo in my head and what I want done. For a while I never thought about it, but since I got a new job recently and got to know a guy who loves his tattoo's and thinks my idea is awesome, he thinks I should go for it.
The way I see it (not to critcise anyone else's tattoo), a tattoo should have a meaning behind it, i.e. it shouldn't be "Oh I got the Grim Reaper on my shoulder!" "Why you got that?" "Because it looks good.".
That for me isn't reason enough to get a tattoo so I want to be really sure when I get it, not to mention where to get it.

Your thoughts?

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 55
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 11:38:48 AM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ell

Ever since I was 16 (two-three years) I've had the perfect tattoo in my head and what I want done. For a while I never thought about it, but since I got a new job recently and got to know a guy who loves his tattoo's and thinks my idea is awesome, he thinks I should go for it.
The way I see it (not to critcise anyone else's tattoo), a tattoo should have a meaning behind it, i.e. it shouldn't be "Oh I got the Grim Reaper on my shoulder!" "Why you got that?" "Because it looks good.".
That for me isn't reason enough to get a tattoo so I want to be really sure when I get it, not to mention where to get it.

Your thoughts?

What is your tatoo idea?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 56
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 11:46:03 AM   
Ell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Castor Troy

quote:

Your thoughts?

What is your tatoo idea?

That, my friend, would be telling

Seriously though, I'll share it when I've actually got it. No idea why, but I'm trying to keep it to myself. Perhaps I'm concerned about people stealing it

I reckon a tattoo should be about individuality. Again, not to criticise other people's tattoo's, but I don't know why everyone wants stars when pretty much everyone has them. Fair enough if it has good meaning behind it (for example my friend was going to have two stars if England won the world cup), that's cool.

"I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR!!!"

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 57
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 11:53:50 AM   
lulu karma

quote:

ORIGINAL: DJ Satan

quote:

ORIGINAL: lulu karma

If you don't mind me asking, why did you get them done in the first place and why did you have them removed?

I had them done when I was 16 and removed in my late 20s.  I also stopped wearing earrings altogether after having my own ears pierced three times.  It's one of those thing that fits who you are at one time and then later doesn't.  So, I really didn't want the tattoos anymore just like I couldn't be bothered to have an extra step of putting on earrings.

Life is a fluid thing and although you may really consider things before getting a tattoo, it doesn't mean that later you might not want to have it.  I was a bit young when I got mine and it just didn't fit me anymore.  The Snoopy one was not in a visible place but the other one was.  So when I had it removed I decided to axe Snoopy too.

(in reply to DJ Satan)
Post #: 58
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 12:17:54 PM   
Bubba

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cabal aka Boone

That's a gorgeous looking tattoo, definitely go for that one!

Boy, the next word that comes out of your mouth better be some brilliant fuckin' Mark Twain shit. 'Cause it's definitely getting chiselled on your tombstone.

I don’t condone conflict of any kind, be it star-based or otherwise.

Post #: 59
RE: The Tattoo Thread. - 7/7/2006 1:40:08 PM   
Domilly

quote:

That, my friend, would be telling

Seriously though, I'll share it when I've actually got it. No idea why, but I'm trying to keep it to myself. Perhaps I'm concerned about people stealing it

I reckon a tattoo should be about individuality. Again, not to criticise other people's tattoo's, but I don't know why everyone wants stars when pretty much everyone has them. Fair enough if it has good meaning behind it (for example my friend was going to have two stars if England won the world cup), that's cool.

To be honest with you, you are never going to find a tattoo that is completly individual. Someone on the forum is designing my next and again not a particularly individual thing but still I want to have my own twist on it and it will represent something personal. I got mine for a reason which is private (i.e i'll mention it to close friends but not blab it on a forum) and I plan to get more to represent other things, yeah I know stars are common but i've always liked them before the fad. And what you said up there well that is criticism... I can guarentee one of the reason you wont tell people part of your idea is because you don't want criticism.
I fully agree about having meaning behind them though.

Cold be heart and hand and bone. Cold be travelers far from home.

Sleep tight, children.

(in reply to Ell)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> Mammoth Threads >> RE: The Tattoo Thread. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI