Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Superman Returns

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Superman Returns Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Superman Returns - 4/5/2009 9:08:12 PM   
Tech_Noir

quote:

ORIGINAL: HughesRoss

THANK YOU FOR THAT DELIGHT TECH

Erica must be shared.

(in reply to HughesRoss)
Post #: 301
Superman Returns - 16/8/2009 10:40:05 PM   
jncorbett

Stunning film. Really hope another one comes out soon. Would like to see Brandon Routh back, but no objections to seeing them put the Smallville cast in a film either.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 302
Superman Returns - 16/8/2009 10:40:08 PM   
jncorbett

Stunning film. Really hope another one comes out soon. Would like to see Brandon Routh back, but no objections to seeing them put the Smallville cast in a film either.

Post #: 303
Crap. - 21/3/2010 12:36:51 AM   
Franciscus

Humourless, uninteresting garbage.

Post #: 304
Crap. - 21/3/2010 12:36:56 AM   
Franciscus

Humourless, uninteresting garbage.

Post #: 305
Super - 19/4/2010 10:44:14 AM   
Superman25

An absolute classic, I have been a superman fan for as long as I can remember and this film just made me an even bigger fan. I can't wait for a sequel

Post #: 306
RE: Crap. - 6/5/2010 8:47:30 PM   
hampstead bandit

LOVE THIS FILM! 4/5

Just double dipped and picked this up on HD Blu-Ray after thoroughly enjoying the SD DVD

the scene with the aircraft / sport stadium at the beginning always brings a lump to my throat - a perfect example of what Superman is all about :)
Post #: 307
RE: Crap. - 11/5/2010 1:38:58 PM   
Emyr Thy King

This film is awful. I think Bryan Singer became carried away with making a nostalgic piece of drama which ended up being complete tripe rather than pen an original story. I'm looking forward to the re-boot. It's strange, because the teaser trailer for this film was excellent.

See here:

Link

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 11/5/2010 1:40:51 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to hampstead bandit)
Post #: 308
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 11/5/2010 4:05:18 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lex Romero

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: darth silas

I would have thought QT hated Superman returns.Then again,the guy is nostalgic for anything that reminds him of the 70's so no wonder he liked that indulgent piece of boring trash.

77% on Rotton Tomatoes, Empire, Total film and my Radio times film guide would disgree with you...

Do people need to start adding "in my opinion" on the end of all their posts?  I wish people would stop throwing RT ratings at people as if that proves them wrong

Well it's from respected critics and public opinion.  So, it kinda proves what the general consensus is...

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 309
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 11/5/2010 4:24:49 PM   
Emyr Thy King

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lex Romero
Do people need to start adding "in my opinion" on the end of all their posts?

Yes, in my opining.

< Message edited by Emyr Thy King -- 11/5/2010 4:25:34 PM >

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to Lex Romero)
Post #: 310
A wonderfully old-fashioned superhero movie! - 30/5/2010 4:05:26 AM   
!xHoTRoDx!

The cast are terrific - Kevin Spacey stealing the show - , the cinematography is gorgeous, the editing graceful and the direction slick, so what is there to bitch about? Oh, I know, as is the same with many other films that I like, it is the fact that action-seeking retards just can't bare with watching a movie that doesn't have explosions every five minutes! Appreciate a fucking classic when you see one!

Post #: 311
Is it a bird?! Is it a plane?! No . . . It's a really b... - 3/8/2010 2:23:00 PM   
Shaunyboy27

On first viewing I thoroughly enjoyed this film. The same applied to Terminator: Salvation. I soaked up all the references and all the nostalgic moments in those two films. This was the one reason and one reason only I enjoyed Superman Returns. On a second viewing I came to realise that the film itself is one big pile of steaming sh**! Seriously . . . It stinks. Bosworth is a cu**! Spacey is cu**! The story is a cu**! Superman has a son.

Post #: 312
Good!! - 31/10/2010 8:52:42 AM   
The Great Danton

I don't understand that people didn't like this film,
he was really good,

I want Bryan Singer back for the next Superman Film,
and not Zack Snyder!

Post #: 313
I love Superman - 1/12/2010 10:07:02 PM   
Andybee76

And this film was quite awesome and everything I wanted from a Superman film bar Christopher Reeve still being here to play him, but Routh does a fantastic job given what he is following! I could have done without the super kid but I don't see why this is a major problem for people, is Supes supposed to be celibate? He did bang Lois in the Fortress of Solitude (that's not a euphamism! lol) in number 2 so why not? Come on people accept this was a good film!

Post #: 314
Bring back Routh for Superman - 22/3/2011 3:34:03 AM   
MeanMachine

Routh was amazing, he looks exactly how Superman/Clark Kent should. He even looks likes he is a relation to Christopher Reeve. I cannot understand why he has not been brought back for the 2011 Superman movie? It just doesn't make any sense? Everyone knows we all get attached to certain actors for certain roles but yet hollywood keep changing them and disapointing the most important people, us the film fan! The best thing they could do is release the Brit and Re-Hire Routh as Superman for the sake of this great comic book character and future of the Superman movies! 'Routh For Superman, No one else please'!...

Post #: 315
RE: Will I regret this - 19/4/2011 3:29:19 PM   
TheGreenPlanet

quote:

ORIGINAL: chilipenguin

Is it a bird, is it a plane? No!...It's a lukewarm sequel to a franchise that was running out of steam years ago.

Overall, the movie may appeal to fan boys and those who just love to see a good bit of cgi. If this is not you, then I wouldn't advise spending money on it.

Spacey was terrible in this, I expected more from such a talented actor
Post #: 316
Not Super - 6/7/2011 2:34:12 PM   
trainedasninja

I remember going to the cinema to see this with my school year as an end of year thing. By the end credits, the complaints that we were made to see this were unbelievable. I disliked it too simply the whole concept is flawed. A superhero that isnt human (difficulties relating to him) and the fact her cannot die (as we are plastered with that green stone stuff to create abit of drama). Its all bland and without any soul. Sure its got nice touches but this is a small fall away from superhero averageness like the Hulk. Far from great 3 stars

< Message edited by trainedasninja -- 6/7/2011 2:38:08 PM >

Post #: 317
Superman - 6/12/2011 11:06:32 AM   
antosh25

i liked some bits, but its too lovey dovey.

Post #: 318
Superman Returns Review - 19/12/2011 2:19:56 PM   
the film man

Singer's reverent and visually decadent adaptation gives the Man of Steel welcome emotional complexity. The result is a satisfying stick-to-your-ribs adaptation.

Post #: 319
- 24/11/2012 2:11:17 PM   
Pelle

Boy, was this a shit film or what!

Post #: 320
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 1:52:31 AM   
england_cmr

LOVE this film! Underrated IMO. The Plane Crash Scene is one of the best movie scenes of any superhero film I have seen, just so thrilling and brilliant to watch. I'm happy for there to be a reboot however.

1) Inception
2) Wall - E
3) Beetlejuice
4) Big Fish
5) Terminator 2: Judgement Day
6) Spirited Away
666) Battleship

Post #: 321
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 9:26:39 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: england_cmr

LOVE this film! Underrated IMO. The Plane Crash Scene is one of the best movie scenes of any superhero film I have seen, just so thrilling and brilliant to watch. I'm happy for there to be a reboot however.

Glad you like it, I think that scene is good, but if we are honest its all a bit Harry Potter quidich!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to england_cmr)
Post #: 322
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 4:14:22 PM   
jrewing1000

I've always loved Singer's version. It's incredibly romantic and paints a sad picture of a lonely Superman who is struggling to reconcile his incredible power with the loneliness and isolation it causes. The musical score is one of my favourites, a very clever re-working of John Williams' classic.

Vastly overrated, and perhaps slighted by an underwhelming ending. Nevertheless, it is a glorious return for the man of steel.

I'm extremely excited about the new one though, it seems to share an emotional purpose.

Post #: 323
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 4:35:48 PM   
Russ Whitfield

Well said, JR - it's not a flawless film by any stretch, but nor does it deserve the vitriol it's received.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to jrewing1000)
Post #: 324
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 5:41:50 PM   
musht

The probem with this film (and Superman in general) for me is/was Lex Luthor.

Superman v Luthor just doesn't work as they will never be on even ground. Luthor using kryptonite against Supes gets old very fast and it's been used too many times already. Lex only offers Supes a challenge because he can reduce him to a quivering mess with some green rocks. This film really bored me. As for the plane scene - I remember Superman saving it by the wing, maybe I'm misunderstanding his strength but surely with the pressure he's applying to the wing in order to support the rest of the plane the wing would just snap off, it's petty but it annoys me ... does he also use the nose of the plane? it's the same problem he clearly should be finding the point of equilibrium that's just common sense.

And yes I know how ridiculous it may seem applying common sense to Superman but there have to let's not throw it completely out the window

I'm looking forward to MoS because with Zod Superman has a proper challenge both physically and mentally, with modern technology and stuff I'm looking forward to a proper battle.

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to Russ Whitfield)
Post #: 325
RE: Superman Returns (2006) - 20/12/2012 6:01:32 PM   
Russ Whitfield

'Returns is really about Superman vs Lex, though. It's a fairly cerebral take on the character and not really your normal pop-corn faire.

But Spacey was really annoying, that said.

www.soldiergirlsmovie.com/
www.i-spimovie.com/

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 326
Step back - 7/6/2013 2:32:13 PM   
danielthompson99

The general consensus around this movie seems to flow from how old you were when Christopher Reeve first seen wearing the tights.
I can understand. I was in the generation that saw Supes II, 3 & 4 at the cinema. When you first experience a thing, it's easy to frown upon something new coming along and messing it up. (which incidentally 3 & 4 did all by themselves).
This movie steps backwards, and is a homage and a continuation of that story, that Earth and those characters.
For those with nostalgia for Reeve it must be great, and rewarding from the lush CGI unavailable back in the Donner days.
I don't think it's a particularly great film, or plot, and I left the cinema feeling disappointed.
But it's all a-ok. Snyder and Nolan light the way for future generations, and kids today will grow up complaining when someone takes the reigns away from them.

Post #: 327
- 28/10/2013 12:50:39 AM   
livapr99

If I had to describe this film in a single word, it would be 'beautiful'. Routh is wonderful as Superman, playing his alter-ego just as well. Spacey and Posey are great too. The music is haunting, the effects are fantastic and the story is brilliant. As I said, beautiful...

Post #: 328
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> RE: Superman Returns Page: <<   < prev  7 8 9 10 [11]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI