Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
He-Man - 21/10/2005 3:05:40 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
RE: He-Man - 10/3/2006 10:08:26 PM   
Timon

So........why are there two He-Man threads?

This one's better!

If they do decide to go ahead with this film then they better ditch the campness and replace it with epic battles, cool monsters and the likes of She-Ra occupying my dreams for nights to come.

I don't think The Woo is going to do this film now so put this project firmly in development hell.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh
Post #: 2
RE: He-Man - 11/3/2006 12:38:24 PM   
kumar

quote:

ORIGINAL: bingoboy1980

I'm guilty of living off nostalgia . Can't wait to see the Transformers movie , shall close eyes whenever Bays name comes up on the creds . There's no such thing as a bad charactor .just bad writers , creaters .Gonna get shot for this but what if it was darker like Lord o the rings < u knew it was comin > .It could work . Young warrior prince defending his world from an evil tyrant .Big epic battles . Imagine a weta version of battlecat going at it in the middle of a battle .I do this to kill the boredom at my work .

quote:

If they do decide to go ahead with this film then they better ditch the campness and replace it with epic battles, cool monsters and the likes of She-Ra occupying my dreams for nights to come.

wow, pretty good ideas yano! just had a little vision of what may happen, and bloody ell, oe can only say butterflies in my stomach!

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5
Post #: 3
RE: He-Man - 12/3/2006 7:34:38 PM   
Timon

How would they do Cringer/Battle Cat? A large CGIed talking green tiger? I reckon it wouldn't work and if they're doing a serious space epic they should leave him out.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 4
RE: He-Man - 12/3/2006 8:08:51 PM   
Axel Foley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Not much has happened on this for a while..last i heard Nic Cage had been approached for Skeletor but had turned it down due to Ghost Rider commitments

I'm sorry but the thought of that made me laugh like a drain! Cage seems to be connected with anything and everything, but that would be the wrongest piece of casting of all his rumours.

If they have to make it, I'd like to see the Eurobeef from Stockholm brought out of retirement and made to wear the loincloth, else like Thomas Jane in The Punisher any pretenders to the Dolphster's crown will look vastly inferior.

All the same I'm hoping Woo will do something with Chow Yun Fat again, so I'd much rather be reading about his proposed re-make of Le Cercle Rouge.

https://twitter.com/Obiwan_desouza
Post #: 5
RE: He-Man - 12/3/2006 8:38:56 PM   
Rinc

quote:

ORIGINAL: HailTheDude

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarxos

Looking back at it now He-Man strikes me as the campiest superhero ever.

It's true! Everything's pink! Pink sky, pink castle, Prince Adam strutting around in a pink shirt, purple tights and a furry purple loin cloth!

Wasn't one of He-Man's mates called Fisto?  

Yup he had another mate called Ram-man.
Its gayer than Elton Johns wedding!

Let's not forget He-Man/Prince Adam also had a blonde bob!!!!!

Loved the show in the 80s and i've still got all the toys in the loft (they're not in my room now ready to be played with i swear!). At the time i liked Masters of the Universe but let's face it it's a great example of a shit 80s film - so bad it's good. A new He-Man film made properly and set in Eternia, instead of relocating it to an America city like MOTU did, would be brilliant though.

No spoilers please:

Invisiotext:
[ color=#F1F1F1 ]text[ /color ]
Post #: 6
RE: He-Man - 12/3/2006 10:20:33 PM   
kumar

quote:

How would they do Cringer/Battle Cat? A large CGIed talking green tiger? I reckon it wouldn't work and if they're doing a serious space epic they should leave him out.

or maybe not talk at all???

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 7
RE: He-Man - 13/5/2006 10:10:53 PM   
Timon

Cough

Bumped.

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 8
RE: He-Man - 13/5/2006 10:58:23 PM   
Mr E

I'd rather they make a film of Bravestarr to be honest.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 9
RE: He-Man - 14/5/2006 12:29:09 PM   
LongLiveTheKong

quote:

What if they made him talk telepathically, so his mouth doesn't move?

Or they could make him like Chewbacca and have him growl and roar, and only Prince Adam/He-Man can understand him.

What've they got in there, King Kong?

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 10
RE: He-Man - 15/5/2006 1:19:37 AM   
Darth Gains

Thundercats was totally cool.Thunder Thunder Thundercats Hoeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Its the Dwarfs that go swimming with little hairy women

Post #: 11
RE: He-Man - 15/5/2006 1:22:29 AM   
Darth Gains

Will the New he Man be as good as the Dolph Lundgren one?
If not i would ask them not to bother

Its the Dwarfs that go swimming with little hairy women

(in reply to LongLiveTheKong)
Post #: 12
RE: He-Man - 20/5/2006 12:47:05 AM   
comicbookguy

Although I used to love Heman too (oh the amount of action figures I bought), I think he somehow belongs to 80's and should be left there. There's just no way you can make this work today.

HGW XX/ 7

(in reply to Darth Gains)
Post #: 13
RE: He-Man - 21/5/2006 11:53:48 AM   
KennyM

It would be a contender for top movie mullet though. And they would have to have Orco in it.

But they should make a film of MASK, or Action Force, or Centurions. Lets be honest the possibility of making 80's cartoons into movies is endless.

< Message edited by KennyM -- 21/5/2006 11:55:08 AM >

(in reply to comicbookguy)
Post #: 14
RE: He-Man - 22/5/2006 5:54:00 PM   
JIm R

The 1987 version is a crap classic.  You have to like it.  But no to a new one, thanks all the same.

(in reply to Mr E)
Post #: 15
RE: He-Man - 30/11/2006 10:28:56 AM   
Timon

Moviehole spoke to executive producer Rodney Ferrell (Flicka), of Fox 2000, who said that studio has let the rights to He-Man go.

"This was a project set up at Fox," said Ferrell, "but in the recent months we gave the project back to Mattel and are no longer involved."

In October of 2004, it was reported that Fox 2000 had set
John Woo to direct and produce a new live-action film based on the characters in Mattel's "Masters of the Universe" line of action figures.

Originally made into an animated series in 1983, the property was also adapted into a live-action film in 1987 called Masters of the Universe, which starred Dolph Lundgren as the
hero and Frank Langella as Skeletor.

(in reply to JIm R)
Post #: 16
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 12:43:22 PM   
Timon

Bumped.

And the rumour yesterday that Brad Pitt was going to buff up 300 style to do He-Man.

It's all bollocks though. Came from The Sun.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 17
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 1:09:48 PM   
Figures

I doubt He-Man will happen anytime soon.  The relaunched action figure line tanked so I doubt hollywood will invest millions in a movie... although the success or lack of Transformers might change Hollywood's opinion of Toy based properties

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 18
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 2:39:03 PM   
jimbojofre

LotR or 300 stylee could actually make this work, just make sure they stay clear of Brad Pitt or that punk from Sex in the Shitty!

How about David Wenham of LotR and 300 fame?? http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920992/

I believe in, that what doesn't kill you simply makes you ..... stranger!

(in reply to Figures)
Post #: 19
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 2:41:10 PM   
Timon

Guys, I bumped the main 2 PAGE thread on this!

(in reply to jimbojofre)
Post #: 20
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 4:41:12 PM   
Sutty

I think if the right could be sorted out - they manged to with Spiderman - then there is a movie here that could really work.

It could be a fantasy epic, an origin piece giving some of the whys and wherefores. I remember when John Woo was attached for a long long time, but that has obvously died of death. I think once the makers figured out which route they are gonna take then it could be all guns blazing.

I'd love to see He-Man back on the big screen. Can't think of anyone to play him off the top of my head, so perhaps going the unknown route like Singer did with Superman is the way to go. Roles like Teela, The Sorceress, and Man at Arms would be easier to cast. Imagine what they could do with Skeletor now, and Evil Lyn.

I personally would love to see this movie realised, and see no reason why it shouldn't go ahead, when you consider some of the dross that gets made and released nowadays. Yes Paul WS Anderson and Uwe Boll, I mean you!!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 21
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 4:41:53 PM   
Sutty

Just had one thought who could perhaps play He-Man/Adam...

Karl Urban?...

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 22
RE: He-Man - 9/5/2007 4:49:09 PM   
Smoking Gun

quote:

ORIGINAL: Donald McKinney

I grew up watching the original He-Man series back in the 1980's, it was every 4 year olds dream. And I even had the action figures!! I hope they don't screw up here, like they did with the 1988 version starring Dolphin Lunchbox... quote]

Christ! I second that!!!

We've been going about this all wrong, this Mr. Stay Puft's okay, he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 23
RE: He-Man - 18/5/2007 11:50:36 AM   
Timon

Joel Silver has gotten his mits on the franchise! From Aintitcool;

AICN EXCLUSIVE! By The Power Of Greyskull! More ‘80s Childhood Memories Headed To The Bigscreen, Thanks To Joel Silver!
I just got in a little while ago from the Cine-Space event I co-hosted tonight, where we showed TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE on the bigscreen. No, not the Michael Bay film (although producer Tom DeSanto was cool enough to bring the new trailer down to share with everyone), but the ‘80s cartoon feature. And although there were big chunks of the movie that went by where I literally couldn’t explain to you what anyone was saying or doing, it seemed like it played well to the audience who were there because they have genuine love for the material. I talked with several fans before and after the event, and I admire the passion they feel for the material. Flint Dille was one of the guests tonight, and he talked about how amazed he was at the longevity of the fanbase. When writing the series, he never expected that it would still be watched and discussed 20 years later.
Right now, though, we’re seeing a revival of all the things that were important to ‘80s kids, and for a while now, we’ve been hearing rumors that HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE would be one of the properties getting the big-budget treatment. Remember when John Woo was supposedly doing it? Since then, I’ve seen Adam Rifkin’s name attached to it for a while, and IMDb hilariously had M. Night Shyamalan listed as the writer for a brief period.

However, I can tell you today exclusively who IS writing the film: Justin Marks.

If you don’t recognize the name, you will soon. Justin’s the guy who is writing SUPERMAX, the Green Arrow in prison movie that David Goyer is producing for Warner/DC. He’s also writing bigscreen versions of VOLTRON and STREET FIGHTER. So basically, Justin Marks is the most gainfully employed professional fanboy on the planet right now.

Joel Silver’s going to be producing HE-MAN as soon as Marks finds time to write it, and Warner Bros. is going to be releasing the film if it makes it through the development process. I can’t wait to see what kind of heated talkback debates this announcement creates, so get to it!

(in reply to Smoking Gun)
Post #: 24
RE: He-Man - 16/11/2007 9:36:36 AM   
Timon

Here's the latest on the script according to the screenwriter:

Screenwriter Justin Marks has taken an opportunity to give fans an update -- and clear up some rumors -- about the latest live-action film version of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Marks penned the screenplay (from an idea by Marks and co-producer Neil Ellice) for Silver Pictures and Warner Bros.

Marks said of whether or not the protagonist will still be called He-Man, "We're doing something very interesting with that. But... yeah. Obviously you can't make a He-Man movie and be afraid of the word 'He-Man.' You have to get into there. But I think fans will be very pleased when they see how 'He-Man' is spoken."

Marks confirmed that Skeletor will be the villain of the film. "Thus far, at least, there are no invented new characters plopped into it and if we and Mattel have our way there will never be. We're talking about the He-Man mythology. So what we're talking about doing, in the same way as Batman Begins, we're going back to the original thing, let's build it from the ground up again," Marks explained.

He continued, "How can we find our way in? How can we jump into Adam's life at an interesting point where new audiences will respect him? It's an Adam origin story, and it's a Skeletor origin story. We want to see where both of them come from and how they got that way. If we don't see the humanity and the truth in what Skeletor's trying to do, then the story's not compelling."

Calling Masters of the Universe "sword-and-sandals meets science fiction," Marks said rumors about the story taking place on Earth are untrue. "This is an Eternian movie and it's a story about an Eternian hero. We're not going to Earth, here. We're not going to the modern world. We're not going to a strip mall in the Valley."

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 25
RE: He-Man - 16/11/2007 10:23:43 AM   
Jessica_ca_ca_ca

quote:

Marks said of whether or not the protagonist will still be called He-Man, "We're doing something very interesting with that. But... yeah. Obviously you can't make a He-Man movie and be afraid of the word 'He-Man.' You have to get into there. But I think fans will be very pleased when they see how 'He-Man' is spoken."

For some reason I have any awful feeling it'll be pronounced "hymen" in a Russian accent.

You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 26
RE: He-Man - 17/11/2007 6:12:57 PM   
danbo1138

need this movie now as long as they don't try to change it too much,and the look has to be right.i wonder which hench men we will see? trap jaw and mer-man are at the top of my list

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to Jessica_ca_ca_ca)
Post #: 27
RE: He-Man - 17/11/2007 7:42:10 PM   
kumar

now that beowulf has (apparently) really done wonderful things for mo cap, what are the chances of doing the same with he man? i think, judging by the trailer Beowulf looks

like a film of the year!

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 28
RE: He-Man - 17/11/2007 7:50:49 PM   
danbo1138

is he-man like that?i thought it was gonna be live action,mabey with a little 300 blue screenness thrown in?

Come against me, if you dare! I am the storm! Come if you dare, Shai'tan! I am the Dragon Reborn!

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 29
RE: He-Man - 17/11/2007 7:54:50 PM   
kumar

i dont no, thats what im asking. IMO it would work wonders seeing it in mo cap. but not my choice anyway, and i might see it regardless.

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to danbo1138)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> He-Man Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI